Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211663 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:51:48 PM

CoinMarket.io status update

1. What happened?

Reading between the lines:

We beg via official channels for weeks for an honest transparent accounting of the issues and updates in some frequency as to what is being done to remedy them.  We are met with infrequent and vague reports.  Then some users freak out and attack the innocent hosting service provider - and this does the trick.  This post is all we have been asking for.  Regular updates on the progress of the fixes - even if that means describing new issues as they are found - is all we wanted.

Because it took such extreme measures to get this information out of Coinmarket, I'm actually thankful for the assholes that harassed the hosting company.  Sometimes an angry idiot can wake people up to what they SHOULD have been doing ALL ALONG.

No sympathy here.  Keep up the regular updates, and I might just consider using this exchange again in future.....

At least we know Karma is a scam coin, like I said this is the fastest and most responsive exchange I have ever used, so this is really sad. They need to hire a PR guy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
uno1

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:55:47 PM

I made a test withdrawal of 10k karma coin to this address:

KQVJgJGRjV9nKbXuE2MQcNkBiVtcG4j7jR

Got an email that stated:

Click this following link to confirm your 10000 KARM withdrawal to KQVJgJGRjV9nKbXuE2MQcNkBiVtcG4j7jR:

Got this message after clicking the confirmation link the withdrawal:

Withdraw request confirmed! Transaction sent: dfe3ec5a421d2f1d245659fc4ca10e6cac608bb165202831c6dc6ef3aa3a20ff

And coins were transfered here:

http://explorer.karmacoin.info/address/1JHANQrTnNJMX6G189N4njVnPoJAKzp49e

Roll Eyes

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:55:48 PM

1. What happened?

We got exploited. Somewhat. The majority of coins were saved by cold storage and a quick reaction.
A couple of users abused a bug in the trading engine allowing them to create coins (increase balance) out of nothing.
Do you remember the day when KARM/BTC 24h volume was 400+ out of the blue? That volume came from those malicious users trading.
When we noticed the problem, we stopped all trading to investigate the situation.
Unfortunately, we failed to find the bug fast enough to resume normal operation and cover the losses from fees.
The new trading engine (rewritten) still suffers from this unknown-to-us issue, this is why we have not resumed any trading.
Meanwhile, we allowed all withdrawals to happen - because it was the right thing to do.
Because of high withdrawal volumes, the wallets ran out of normal unspent inputs and started to combine too many small inputs for withdrawals.
There is a limit of inputs/outputs in a cryptocurrency transaction.
If the wallet software (the official stuff that everybody uses) chooses or attepts to choose too many inputs,
the transaction will fail with "Transaction too large" or "Transaction creation failed" error.
It has nothing to do with insufficent balance. This problem was caused by miners who mined directly to the deposit address, creating tens of thousands of small inputs.
The default algo for choosing transaction inputs (coin selection) is not designed for exchanges. We need to create some code that does some raw transaction magic.
Also, some coins have landed on an invalid fork - because we were too busy with other issues. We will update all coindaemons tonight.
Everything has taken too much time because multiple problems hit us at the same time and debugging the situation was not so simple.

2. What is the solution? What are you doing now?

We have manually processed some withdrawals, but that process is too slow.
An automatic script will be running tomorrow - it will hopefully process the stuck withdrawals.
If your withdrawal status changes to "manual", it means that we manually processed it.
If your withdrawal status changes to "fixed", it means that the automatic routine processed it.
We will publish statistics when avalible - after the script runs.

Please stop any accusations and threats against Kenneth Bjørke - he is just hosting the web servers.
The hosting of coinmarket.io by Kenneth will be terminated when the dust settles and all possible withdrawals are processed.

We will be posting lists of withdrawals that got fixed.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused to you.
More detailed information coming after the automatic process runs.

KEEP this in the last post people.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
C3ALL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:00:01 PM

A confirmation e-mail has been sent to your address.

Err - no it f*cking hasn't.   Thats FOUR withdrawls where the email does not arrive - and STILL they dont answer my PM's or posts on here.   If these people are located in the UK, then I have no problem in paying them a visit.

TheNexusProtocol

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 08:03:31 PM

Dear users,

We are very sorry for your losses, we are opening a secure exchange this weekend/monday for mobile applications. This is a truly SECURE exchange environment. We hope you find a home here: https://nexxuscorp.com

Kind Regards,

The Nexxus Corp.

C3ALL

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:07:08 PM

Please stop any accusations and threats against Kenneth Bjørke - he is just hosting the web servers.
The hosting of coinmarket.io by Kenneth will be terminated when the dust settles and all possible withdrawals are processed.

On the contrary - Kenneth Bjorke is the only person right now who knows who YOU are.   I would suggest that if Kenneth Bjorke does not want any further hassle from people who have lost money, he gives up YOUR details now.   As soon as he tells the world who YOU are, then he gets rid of all the stress and the problem is then with you to resolve.

Right now you are able to hide, and if it is true that Kenneth only provides the hosting, it is not fair that he has to deal with all the sh*t.   All Keneth has to do is publish your details and we can start chasing the right person.  So I suggest YOU start answering PM's and fixing the problems for people who have raised them on here before Kenneth gets that annoyed he just gives up your details.

cfrm

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:13:16 PM

On the contrary - Kenneth Bjorke is the only person right now who knows who YOU are.   I would suggest that if Kenneth Bjorke does not want any further hassle from people who have lost money, he gives up YOUR details now.   As soon as he tells the world who YOU are, then he gets rid of all the stress and the problem is then with you to resolve.

Right now you are able to hide, and if it is true that Kenneth only provides the hosting, it is not fair that he has to deal with all the sh*t.   All Keneth has to do is publish your details and we can start chasing the right person.  So I suggest YOU start answering PM's and fixing the problems for people who have raised them on here before Kenneth gets that annoyed he just gives up your details.

No one should harrass Kenneth anymore, since he is not involved in the operation and does not have any obligations to post information about his clients from which he makes a living. The only ones capable of possibly getting this information is law enforcement, and as of the latest update from Coinmarket I suggest you take a chill pill.
C3ALL

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:16:25 PM

No one should harrass Kenneth anymore, since he is not involved in the operation and does not have any obligations to post information about his clients from which he makes a living. The only ones capable of possibly getting this information is law enforcement, and as of the latest update from Coinmarket I suggest you take a chill pill.

We only have coinmarkets word that Kenneth is not responsible for the site.   If he is hosting a site that has actively stolen from members of the public then he is facilitating and allowing this theft to continue.  As a host if it is brought to his attention that his systems are being used for theft, then they would terminate the hosting with immediate effect.  So therefor Kenneth is every bit as responsible as the person behind Coinmarket, until such time as he provides details of the correct contact.   That is, if they are two different people.

Funny how the whois details changed just before people startedlosing their coins.....

cfrm

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:23:48 PM

We only have coinmarkets word that Kenneth is not responsible for the site.   If he is hosting a site that has actively stolen from members of the public then he is facilitating and allowing this theft to continue.  As a host if it is brought to his attention that his systems are being used for theft, then they would terminate the hosting with immediate effect.  So therefor Kenneth is every bit as responsible as the person behind Coinmarket, until such time as he provides details of the correct contact.   That is, if they are two different people.

Funny how the whois details changed just before people startedlosing their coins.....

It has not been proved that Coinmarket is being used for theft (other than from the supposed hackers). So Kenneth sure as heck is not responsible for anything regarding the operations of Coinmarket.

People have been able to withdraw coins from there and others coins are stuck for reasons explained in the recent update. This indicates that Coinmarket is a legit operation with communication issues, why else would they re-open the site and allow coin withdrawals?
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:24:22 PM

Great to see a update but I am concerned for our BTC, my personal btc has been split and transferred over multiple wallet addresses.
C3ALL

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:32:46 PM

We only have coinmarkets word that Kenneth is not responsible for the site.   If he is hosting a site that has actively stolen from members of the public then he is facilitating and allowing this theft to continue.  As a host if it is brought to his attention that his systems are being used for theft, then they would terminate the hosting with immediate effect.  So therefor Kenneth is every bit as responsible as the person behind Coinmarket, until such time as he provides details of the correct contact.   That is, if they are two different people.

It has not been proved that Coinmarket is being used for theft (other than from the supposed hackers). So Kenneth sure as heck is not responsible for anything regarding the operations of Coinmarket.

People have been able to withdraw coins from there and others coins are stuck for reasons explained in the recent update. This indicates that Coinmarket is a legit operation with communication issues, why else would they re-open the site and allow coin withdrawals?

There are lots of people posting here that have NOT been able to withdraw.  They have NOT received a confirmation email, they have NOT received coins, and they have NOT received any response to their issues from coinmarket for weeks.

That, is theft.

So if I want to send the Norwegian authorities to knock on Kenneth's door, I will.

cfrm

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:37:47 PM

There are lots of people posting here that have NOT been able to withdraw.  They have NOT received a confirmation email, they have NOT received coins, and they have NOT received any response to their issues from coinmarket for weeks.

That, is theft.

So if I want to send the Norwegian authorities to knock on Kenneth's door, I will.

And you are free to do so, if you can convince them. But you are not entitled to harras him and/or threaten his family (not that you have done that).

I didn't read all posts, but you seem to be the only one who did not receive a confirmation e-mail. I did, but my coins are obviously still stuck like many others.
C3ALL

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:48:27 PM

There are several that have not received confirmation emails.

This has not even been acknowledged as a problem by coinmarket, so I'm calling theft and scam until they even acknowledge this problem, or ANY of the PM's I've sent them regarding this.

kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 08:57:33 PM

1. What happened?

We got exploited. Somewhat. The majority of coins were saved by cold storage and a quick reaction.
A couple of users abused a bug in the trading engine allowing them to create coins (increase balance) out of nothing.
Do you remember the day when KARM/BTC 24h volume was 400+ out of the blue? That volume came from those malicious users trading.
When we noticed the problem, we stopped all trading to investigate the situation.
Unfortunately, we failed to find the bug fast enough to resume normal operation and cover the losses from fees.
The new trading engine (rewritten) still suffers from this unknown-to-us issue, this is why we have not resumed any trading.
Meanwhile, we allowed all withdrawals to happen - because it was the right thing to do.
Because of high withdrawal volumes, the wallets ran out of normal unspent inputs and started to combine too many small inputs for withdrawals.
There is a limit of inputs/outputs in a cryptocurrency transaction.
If the wallet software (the official stuff that everybody uses) chooses or attepts to choose too many inputs,
the transaction will fail with "Transaction too large" or "Transaction creation failed" error.
It has nothing to do with insufficent balance. This problem was caused by miners who mined directly to the deposit address, creating tens of thousands of small inputs.
The default algo for choosing transaction inputs (coin selection) is not designed for exchanges. We need to create some code that does some raw transaction magic.
Also, some coins have landed on an invalid fork - because we were too busy with other issues. We will update all coindaemons tonight.
Everything has taken too much time because multiple problems hit us at the same time and debugging the situation was not so simple.

2. What is the solution? What are you doing now?

We have manually processed some withdrawals, but that process is too slow.
An automatic script will be running tomorrow - it will hopefully process the stuck withdrawals.
If your withdrawal status changes to "manual", it means that we manually processed it.
If your withdrawal status changes to "fixed", it means that the automatic routine processed it.
We will publish statistics when avalible - after the script runs.

We will be posting lists of withdrawals that got fixed.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused to you.
More detailed information coming after the automatic process runs.

KEEP this in the last post people.

People, please stop posting for one day. You've waited this long, just wait until tomorrow to see if it gets sorted out. Repeating what others have said - keep the post from coinmarket.io at the end so others viewing the thread see it.

C3ALL

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:02:18 PM

As they have managed to provide about 3 posts in two weeks to keep people up to date, and these problems have been going on for weeks, I will staple my c*ck closed if I see my coins in the next 24 hours.

This is just another load of bullshit posted to keep people from tracking them down.

holzer

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:06:11 PM

As they have managed to provide about 3 posts in two weeks to keep people up to date, and these problems have been going on for weeks, I will staple my c*ck closed if I see my coins in the next 24 hours.

This is just another load of bullshit posted to keep people from tracking them down.

Thanks for the laugh  Grin. On a serious note, I hope people get their coins back but I don't have high hopes. The few times coinmarket did decide to communicate over the last several weeks, everything they said was a complete lie, so I don't have much faith in this newest post. If what he is saying is true, he could have salvaged this business if he was just upfront from the beginning. Now he has ruined his reputation and even if most of the coins are re paid, I don't see anyone trusting this exchange ever again.
spankyminer

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:17:05 PM

Please dont forget to update the forked coins like Klondikecoin KDC!

Haha of course I'm just joking and I know nothing will happen but I just felt like posting  Grin
flunite

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:17:24 PM

Grin Hey guys I know you are busy, but I am currently waiting on stuck transfers of around 2.8 mil RDD from my account to another wallet. The missing/stuck transfers are listed below: User Name : JTBarker

Transaction id: e97a31bb4ee9312c7dc00258f7f71ca54758ad839be396bfa614bef0486ef610
Thu Mar 13 2014 18:43:05   800000   RDD   108.162.xxx    confirmed - Received

Transaction id: 6fb6054032db530815ce14abc28d0986b95e2670ffa69f7f8747e503f82cdd8d

Fri Mar 07 2014 09:53:02   200000   RDD   108.162.xxx    confirmed Stuck
Fri Mar 07 2014 09:37:32   300000   RDD   108.162.xxx    confirmed Stuck

Fri Mar 07 2014 09:36:12   300000   RDD   108.162.xxx    confirmed Stuck
Fri Mar 07 2014 09:30:30   300000   RDD   108.162.xxx    confirmed Received

Transaction id: 49cf78e60476d8167490a5273a887d22353193e9444898c8391ad15ca2952159
Fri Mar 07 2014 09:28:26   100000   RDD   108.162.xxx           confirmed received

Transaction id: 051e4f41e8ccb0f3187cbda8b7522e4ad0e38de555fec945e86ee1928a185f4a  
ce354605fa957a02cd73af8bf7c715ec33c2da8c01f22026bc06430ca5d52ca3a2118aeefdd401a 6ab8e38d3701408b9  
Fri Mar 07 2014 09:19:56   2454438   RDD   108.162.xxx           confirmed- Not sent/stuck

I received 1.2 million, but the rest... Huh Please help me
MCAltcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:23:43 PM

1. What happened?

We beg via official channels for weeks for an honest transparent accounting of the issues and updates in some frequency as to what is being done to remedy them.  We are met with infrequent and vague reports.  Then some users freak out and attack the innocent hosting service provider - and this does the trick.  This post is all we have been asking for.  Regular updates on the progress of the fixes - even if that means describing new issues as they are found - is all we wanted.

Because it took such extreme measures to get this information out of Coinmarket, I'm actually thankful for the assholes that harassed the hosting company.  Sometimes an angry idiot can wake people up to what they SHOULD have been doing ALL ALONG.

No sympathy here.  Keep up the regular updates, and I might just consider using this exchange again in future.....

At least we know Karma is a XXXX coin, like I said this is the fastest and most responsive exchange I have ever used, so this is really sad. They need to hire a PR guy.

Karma is not the problem here - Coinmarket.io had issues with their software.  Let's keep the bashing to a minimum - it is the wild west.
pugwilfy

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:28:20 PM

1. What happened?

At least we know Karma is a XXXX coin, like I said this is the fastest and most responsive exchange I have ever used, so this is really sad. They need to hire a PR guy.

hmm.. please dont slate a coin, when the problem is with an individual or group who decided to find a floor in the exchange software and target a certain coin to use as an exploit to line their own pockets... it could have been any coin they choose
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: