News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Pos be implemented in beecoin
Yes
No
Maybe someday
This isn't a good idea

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BEE]BeeCoin - Launched/5 EXCHANGES  (Read 123003 times)
BeeCoinDev

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:33:22 AM

New Source Git! The Old one is non-existent , New Github for Beecoin!

All Versions will be 0.6.4

https://github.com/beecoin/beecoin

All Changes Pushed there! Smiley

Linux wallets can now Be Compiled

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:10:11 AM

Awesome work. When will the Windows QT be available and is there a change log?
devachelekar

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:41:07 AM

I have my bees on allcoin.com.  Should I take off from there or wait for windows wallet to be released?
quovadiz

Activity: 253

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:03:20 AM

Let us know the procedure to swap and to transfer all our bees from the old wallet to the new one.
Thank u once again for ur precious work!
devachelekar

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:04:41 PM

Will my beecoins be lost if I transfer to new wallet? I am still very much confused. Any help!!
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:04:14 PM

CRYPTORUSH ANNOUNCEMENT

Public Warning

ATTENTION: Please be aware that at this time, due to insolvency and site ownership changes, all deposits and trades are to be considered at your own risk. Depleted wallets will not be able to fund coin withdrawals. Affected Wallets: BTC, LTC, POT, AUR, QRK, WAS and BAT Semi-Official IRC Chat log from CryptoRush: http://pastebin.com/mrqJQ9Kb.
Side Note: FYRSTIKKEN is NOT an owner or any way affiliated with CryptoRush.

venmo

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:38:27 PM

Luckily I got my Beecoins out the other day. Managed to withdraw my doge today. Just have some pot there now that I can't withdraw :/
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:04:48 PM

Will my beecoins be lost if I transfer to new wallet? I am still very much confused. Any help!!

No you will not lose your beecoins... however you need to back your wallet up first and copy it to a usb stick or whatever

make sure you beecoin wallet is closed first, even check in the task manager to make sure it is not running.

then go to

c / users/ (your user name or master username on the computer / appdata/roaming/beecoin

in that foler you will see wallet.dat

copy that to another drive...

if you can't see app data folder or roaming folder you need to go to your settings and folder options and select "show hidden files and folders" also you want to deselect "hide known file types extensions"

Always back up your wallets without the qt running or it can corrupt

However the new windows QT wallets have not been compiled as yet that link is the source. We hope soopy will compile the wallets soon .

dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:46:02 PM

I've sent e-mail to http://www.ecoinfund.com/ with request of adding our coin to vote list.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:50:24 PM

I've sent e-mail to http://www.ecoinfund.com/ with request of adding our coin to vote list.

good work, thanks Smiley

community efforts are growing here ...that is a good thing.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:54:11 PM

thanks very much soopy, great work to get us back in the running... if we need we can get mac and linux compiled from this ....

bluejean

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:06:53 AM

Hi guys and gals....I'm new to this thread but have been reading since day one so I'm up on what's been happening with Beecoin. I love that it wasn't pre-mined or instamined. It's sad the original dev couldn't stick around...whether it was lack of money or time or just losing interest...but I'm glad that cryptohunter and Greedyjohn grabbed the reins and that Soopy has come on board to further develop this coin. I like that it's going the x11 route but I'm not sure how I feel about POS yet. I have to learn more about it. There are definitely some positives for those holding them long term but I've read about some serious security issues as well. Maybe Soopy could address these questions at some point.

I agree on the block tax too. It's the only way to fund this coin going forward and to get Soopy paid for his endeavors with Beecoin.

I really think that Beecoin has something going for it with the "Save the Bees" campaign. It's just a straight up fact that they are responsible for a huge amount of the world's food supply. This reason alone makes Beecoin valuable if used in this manner. It has a direct impact on something we humans deem pretty important....food! I know this is a marketing angle but it's also critical that this problem gets fixed or at least nullified to great extent. It may be a lot worse than we think....and worse than the authorities are saying.

The following is quoted from save-bees.org

"Honey bees, native bees and other pollinators are responsible for 1 out of every 3 bites of food we eat. Bees pollinate 71 of the 100 crops that make up 90% of the world’s food supply. Many fruits and vegetables, including apples, blueberries, strawberries, carrots and broccoli, as well as almonds and coffee, rely on bees. These beneficial insects are critical in maintaining our diverse food supply."

I recommend checking out this site. They are trying to get the EPA in the US to agree to a moratorium on the use of certain pesticides causing problems for the bees. Some countries are taking action now but the EPA wants to wait 5 more years before making a decision. There is a bill in congress now with lots of support but they need more. Almost 10,000 people have signed on to this but they need more support.

I haven't mined any Beecoins but I have purchased 150 mil of them over the last month...so I do support this coin and believe in the importance of helping to promote a healthier ecology for honeybees and other pollinators. Helping them helps us.

I'd like to send Soopy some coin to show my gratitude for his assistance to this project. Can you repost his BTC and LTC wallet addresses?
BeeCoinDev

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:58:32 AM

Hello Everyone,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and responses , truly we are in the path to achieve the primary targets of the BEEcoin , as blue jean had pointed out and also reminded us of the Bee Foundation / Save the Bee Foundation , I would like to thank everyone who are actively putting their effort and giving their ideas to get Bee on the track and make it fly again, especially I'd like to thank John and Cryptohunter as well as everyone who donated and gave everything they had and 100% efforts to resurrect BEE from the depths.

About the Update

The update comes at a time where it was greatly needed and the first of a series of changes yet to occur and acts as a base for me to work on , currently it is a soft update to let everyone know that I'm actively a part of BEEcoin and my best interests are towards it's development , within a time frame of 1 week we should be having the major of BEEcoin which will be Mandatory and change of Algorithm , I will announce the details as we progress , the current update is a client update that will not harm any of your coins at exchanges or the one's that you are holding so not to worry about it , I'm in the process of compiling the Windows QT amongst alot of issues not software though but personal and financial.

Anyhow I just wanted to let you know that whatever may come or happen , I will not leave BEEcoin and my best interests would be with the BEEs and that's you and to raise BEE to the Moon and beyond and would do everything to achieve that.

All the very best to you!

Donation Addresses

Bitcoin: 1MKtdnJgbdLVPha7B5PPXDagdpK4tvDDSx

Litecoin: LeHfinnuaMP63CSJm5VFnLH4AmZzTUdRKt

Code:
GREEDYJOHN

12 Litecoins

CryptoHunter

12 Litecoins

MacStone

3 Litecoins

LongTDP

1.594573 Litecoins

Total  = 28.594573

Keyser

0.1 Bitcoins

Total = 0.1

~Soopy~

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:06:54 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 11:25:11 AM by cryptohunter

Hi guys and gals....I'm new to this thread but have been reading since day one so I'm up on what's been happening with Beecoin. I love that it wasn't pre-mined or instamined. It's sad the original dev couldn't stick around...whether it was lack of money or time or just losing interest...but I'm glad that cryptohunter and Greedyjohn grabbed the reins and that Soopy has come on board to further develop this coin. I like that it's going the x11 route but I'm not sure how I feel about POS yet. I have to learn more about it. There are definitely some positives for those holding them long term but I've read about some serious security issues as well. Maybe Soopy could address these questions at some point.

I agree on the block tax too. It's the only way to fund this coin going forward and to get Soopy paid for his endeavors with Beecoin.

I really think that Beecoin has something going for it with the "Save the Bees" campaign. It's just a straight up fact that they are responsible for a huge amount of the world's food supply. This reason alone makes Beecoin valuable if used in this manner. It has a direct impact on something we humans deem pretty important....food! I know this is a marketing angle but it's also critical that this problem gets fixed or at least nullified to great extent. It may be a lot worse than we think....and worse than the authorities are saying.

The following is quoted from save-bees.org

"Honey bees, native bees and other pollinators are responsible for 1 out of every 3 bites of food we eat. Bees pollinate 71 of the 100 crops that make up 90% of the world’s food supply. Many fruits and vegetables, including apples, blueberries, strawberries, carrots and broccoli, as well as almonds and coffee, rely on bees. These beneficial insects are critical in maintaining our diverse food supply."

I recommend checking out this site. They are trying to get the EPA in the US to agree to a moratorium on the use of certain pesticides causing problems for the bees. Some countries are taking action now but the EPA wants to wait 5 more years before making a decision. There is a bill in congress now with lots of support but they need more. Almost 10,000 people have signed on to this but they need more support.

I haven't mined any Beecoins but I have purchased 150 mil of them over the last month...so I do support this coin and believe in the importance of helping to promote a healthier ecology for honeybees and other pollinators. Helping them helps us.

I'd like to send Soopy some coin to show my gratitude for his assistance to this project. Can you repost his BTC and LTC wallet addresses?

excellent points you make here...

However what is it about the POS that makes you unsure?  As the block rewards decrease the profit may decrease and mining interest drops? also POS+POW is supposed to secure the chain far better than POW alone. So even if we go x11 i think if we keep the same block scaling we will maybe need POS. However we could change the block scaling and make it more smooth so mining interest does not drop off.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:34:55 PM

Let's bee active here.

So far... soopy has created the new source and added some checkpoint servers, and can compile the windows QT.... this is in progress.  We now have the ability to create mac, linux android wallets. However if we are going to change algo or even to add pos there is no point currently paying people to create these services if we are going to change again in the coming days.

The next part  we need to decide on so sopoy knows what we want next. We need to weight up the pros and cons though.

1. Do we stay scrypt and add POS - for extra security and additional incentive to hold beecoins?

2. Do we stay scrypt only and change block reward scaling so that miners still have incentive to mine in the coming months?

3. Do we wish to change to x11 algo for prevention against scrypt asics?

4. Do we wish to change to x11 algo with POS - same reasons for adding pos to scrypt?

5. Do we go x11 and change block scaling.........same reasons as changing block scaling to scrypt?

Now, switch algo to x11 is not so simple so we have to understand that. Also by the time these changes are implemented the largest blocks will already be mined out so even then scrypt asics will not really be raping the coin because blocks will already be worth a lot less.

We need to take all of these things into consideration.

Only about 6 people have really commented as yet regarding these changes, really we need more feedback because once this takes place there is no going back.  There are a lot of variables to play with so really we need to make the right choice. 

If you have a selection please say why you think that selection is the best idea... or if you have an even better idea then please post it.

venmo

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

I'm all for x11. It would go well with saving the bees as it consumes less electricity so it helps save the planet.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:19:58 PM

I'm all for x11. It would go well with saving the bees as it consumes less electricity so it helps save the planet.

x11 and change block scaling to lengthen mining interest or add POS to x11?

I have not seen any coins combine x11 and pos as yet...so i wonder why that is.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:59:59 PM

x11 and change block scaling to lengthen mining interest or add POS to x11?

I have not seen any coins combine x11 and pos as yet...so i wonder why that is.

We need to change block scaling, to about 3/4 block reward, then 1/4 block reward, then POS

quovadiz

Activity: 253

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:22:48 PM

I'm for changing the algo... i don't know what to say abt reward scaling and pos... abt this u have more competences than me to take a good decision...
Thank you!
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:34:36 PM

I'm for changing the algo... i don't know what to say abt reward scaling and pos... abt this u have more competences than me to take a good decision...
Thank you!

We need to hear from the current dev, he may need more donations. Crypto-currencies are expensive to launch.

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: