News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Pos be implemented in beecoin
Yes
No
Maybe someday
This isn't a good idea

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BEE]BeeCoin - Launched/5 EXCHANGES  (Read 123003 times)
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:39:02 PM

This time, I'm so busy that I couldn't read this topic frequency. May I ask a question? If we SWAP BEECOIN TO x11, current coins will be lost or still remain?
Btw, I will donate to Soppy too. I just have a little LTC. Hope it may be a bit useful.

Send "soopy452000" a PM, stating your concerns. We need to be careful with the swap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
quovadiz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:40:17 PM

I'm asking once again. Can new devs tell me how many coins have been mined already?

The block average is 100k right now... however it drops in a day or two to 50k.... so right now i think we have 96000 roughly so 9.6Billion mined so far.  

The amazing thing about this is that i only see 300M for sale?? can you imagine that fact?  so somehow every single miner is holding their coins. Nobody is selling.

Also there is no need to PM me if you think beecoin should go x11... it is best to discuss your reasons why you think it should go x11 or if you have reasons why it should not go x11 please put them on this thread too so we can evaluate fully the best way to go.

So far we just have 2 comments both are in favour of switching to x11.

How easy will it be to switch to x11?

- Is it risky?
- Does it require too much technical skill?
- Is the switch-over an expensive process, requiring special hardware?

It can be done in a non risky way....  see how adt1 swapped to adt2.... we are lucky because beecoin has transaction messages so the swap over can be done by a script. With a working block explorer you can see perfectly how it works and only swap a little bit over at a time. This method is basically fool proof.

Soopy said they may be another way to do it without even doing that.

I'm sure soopy has the technical skills.

No special hardware at all.  It can be as simple as forking dark or haro or any x11 coin and swapping coins over to that chain.

For example if we were all ready to swap now.... you make a copy of one of those and make the first block 10Billion which is premined. Then we start mining that chain as normal.  Then we swap over our beecoins we have now to the new beecoins on the new x11 chain.

With adt1 to adt2 you simply put your new adt2 address in the transaction message part, then send to a swap over address made by the dev. The dev has a script running that reads the transaction message and send the recieved coins you send the change over address to your new adt2 address.

Beecoin needs to swap to x11 asap. I see already a few members that are not usually known for having huge hash power already showing on pools they have over 600MH  each..... this means from somewhere they already NOW have huge powerful scrypt asics.  Beecoin will remain vulnerable and also these people could essential take most of the new coins easily with no cost to themselve in terms of electricity.

Scrypt coins are now finished in my opinion. If these huge powerful asics were available to everyone now then maybe not too bad, but since now just a few people have managed to get their hands on HUGE scrypt firepower months before everyone else there is a big issue. Scrypt is in big trouble.

Cryptohunter, i perfectly agree w you... but i would also like to be so sure abt the future of scrypt like u!
U see, asics didn't kill bitcoin... but at the same time i cannot say what it would be without them... if better or worse...
On the other way i can say for sure these expensive asics cut out all gpu miners...
Even at now it's not possible to buy a decent profitable hashrate asic miner for a decent price...
It seems an endless run for higher and higher hashrate expensive devices that only very few and rich people can afford and then squeeze out good juice from bitcoins and others...
Cryptocurrencies should be done for all people... but once again seems only few rich ones can take out advantages from them.
I invested a lot of money for my 20 GPUs and most of all i invested a lot of time in skills and knowledges on how to design and assembly "state of the art" GPU rigs, how to tune them and how to run them safely and stable for long time... OMG how many times i hit my head to wall looking how to jump out from so many troubles! Like i remember somebody wrote somewhere, a GPU miming rig is not plug&play and who thinks so is going to have very bad time!
Now i don't want to replace my rigs (even if so inefficient) for these scrypt asics for 2 reasons: 1- i don't want to give out gpus that can dig out any pow algo coin for just scrypt capable devices... and 2- i don't know abt the future of scrypt...
I think all GPUs rig owners will tune their gpus to other algorithms and i hope the market will follow them... because they are the mass... and the mass usually creates the market...
I think i'll try to resist and i'll keep alive my rigs a bit more to ustand what it will be in the cryptocurrency context...
So i'm inclined with u if u'll decide to swap this coin for another algo...
Just let us know what and how to do...
Thank you very much for evthing u are doing to help this BeeCoin to take off!
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:41:26 PM

This time, I'm so busy that I couldn't read this topic frequency. May I ask a question? If we SWAP BEECOIN TO x11, current coins will be lost or still remain?
Btw, I will donate to Soppy too. I just have only 1.594573 LTC at allcoin.com, now. It is very small, but that is all LTC that I have now Sad . hope it may be a bit useful.

All donations are useful, just make sure that you send it to the correct address.

session056

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:42:05 PM

Does it update a new type?
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:47:13 PM

Does it update a new type?

Please, what are you asking about? Please be more specific

LongTDP

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:48:26 PM

Btw, I will donate to Soppy too. I just have only 1.594573 LTC at allcoin.com, now. It is very small, but that is all LTC that I have now Sad . hope it may be a bit useful.

All donations are useful, just make sure that you send it to the correct address.

I had sent it to the address: LeHfinnuaMP63CSJm5VFnLH4AmZzTUdRKt
Is this the correct LTC address of Soopy?
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:56:00 PM

I'm asking once again. Can new devs tell me how many coins have been mined already?

The block average is 100k right now... however it drops in a day or two to 50k.... so right now i think we have 96000 roughly so 9.6Billion mined so far.  

The amazing thing about this is that i only see 300M for sale?? can you imagine that fact?  so somehow every single miner is holding their coins. Nobody is selling.

Also there is no need to PM me if you think beecoin should go x11... it is best to discuss your reasons why you think it should go x11 or if you have reasons why it should not go x11 please put them on this thread too so we can evaluate fully the best way to go.

So far we just have 2 comments both are in favour of switching to x11.

How easy will it be to switch to x11?

- Is it risky?
- Does it require too much technical skill?
- Is the switch-over an expensive process, requiring special hardware?

It can be done in a non risky way....  see how adt1 swapped to adt2.... we are lucky because beecoin has transaction messages so the swap over can be done by a script. With a working block explorer you can see perfectly how it works and only swap a little bit over at a time. This method is basically fool proof.

Soopy said they may be another way to do it without even doing that.

I'm sure soopy has the technical skills.

No special hardware at all.  It can be as simple as forking dark or haro or any x11 coin and swapping coins over to that chain.

For example if we were all ready to swap now.... you make a copy of one of those and make the first block 10Billion which is premined. Then we start mining that chain as normal.  Then we swap over our beecoins we have now to the new beecoins on the new x11 chain.

With adt1 to adt2 you simply put your new adt2 address in the transaction message part, then send to a swap over address made by the dev. The dev has a script running that reads the transaction message and send the recieved coins you send the change over address to your new adt2 address.

Beecoin needs to swap to x11 asap. I see already a few members that are not usually known for having huge hash power already showing on pools they have over 600MH  each..... this means from somewhere they already NOW have huge powerful scrypt asics.  Beecoin will remain vulnerable and also these people could essential take most of the new coins easily with no cost to themselve in terms of electricity.

Scrypt coins are now finished in my opinion. If these huge powerful asics were available to everyone now then maybe not too bad, but since now just a few people have managed to get their hands on HUGE scrypt firepower months before everyone else there is a big issue. Scrypt is in big trouble.

Cryptohunter, i perfectly agree w you... but i would also like to be so sure abt the future of scrypt like u!
U see, asics didn't kill bitcoin... but at the same time i cannot say what it would be without them... if better or worse...
On the other way i can say for sure these expensive asics cut out all gpu miners...
Even at now it's not possible to buy a decent profitable hashrate asic miner for a decent price...
It seems an endless run for higher and higher hashrate expensive devices that only very few and rich people can afford and then squeeze out good juice from bitcoins and others...
Cryptocurrencies should be done for all people... but once again seems only few rich ones can take out advantages from them.
I invested a lot of money for my 20 GPUs and most of all i invested a lot of time in skills and knowledges on how to design and assembly "state of the art" GPU rigs, how to tune them and how to run them safely and stable for long time... OMG how many times i hit my head to wall looking how to jump out from so many troubles! Like i remember somebody wrote somewhere, a GPU miming rig is not plug&play and who thinks so is going to have very bad time!
Now i don't want to replace my rigs (even if so inefficient) for these scrypt asics for 2 reasons: 1- i don't want to give out gpus that can dig out any pow algo coin for just scrypt capable devices... and 2- i don't know abt the future of scrypt...
I think all GPUs rig owners will tune their gpus to other algosithms and i hope the market will follow them... because they are the mass... and the mass usually creates the market...
I think i'll try to resist and i'll keep alive my rigs a bit more to ustand what it will be in the cryptocurrency context...
So i'm inclined with u if u'll decide to swap this coin for another algo...
Just let us know what and how to do...
Thank you very much for evthing u are doing to help this BeeCoin to take off!

The adoption of x11 would be a good marketing technique to bring BEECOIN into the limelight, as an ENERGY EFFICIENT COIN. Also, during these tough financial times, it is imperative that people can still use their old GPU's to support the network.

Keyser

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:59:16 PM

Sorry I am busy moving and starting a new job.  I have sent a 0.1 bitcoin donation to Soopy.

As far as the change to x11, I am no techie so I can't really say.  But if supporters here think it will protect the coin and investors from asics, then I'm for it.

Will be checking for updates.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:04:13 PM

If everybody gives a "little something" to the BEECOIN PROJECT, these little contributions will add up to something BIGGER.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:07:04 PM

Thanks to you and Keyser too for helping soopy.  That is great guys it is really nice to see people helping out with this Smiley

Bee community is looking very good.

The first thing to say is of course the coins you have now you will keep if we switched to x11. You have mined and bought them so nobody will lose coins, this is not starting over from the start if we switch to x11.

We could remain on scrypt for a while longer if soopy thinks it is best, however the swap to asic resistance i think is essential because there are some people already with very powerful asics i am seeing evidence of people ALREADY having 600MH.

Anyway thanks very much guys for helping soopy out and we will soon be pushing forward. Soopy is testing out the block tax... nobody as yet has this running in a coin to my knowledge so let's see how this goes. Will be great to raise money for projects and developments and to establish a fund of coins for the saving the bees populations. I am very interested in that now the more i read the dangers of bees vanishing.... this is a very serious issue. If you have not read up on this then really i encourage you to take a look. I was of the opinion before that i wouldn't miss honey all that much......wow was that an ignorant perspective.... you can essentially kiss goodbye to the world as you know it if bees were to vanish.

So far then 6 out of 6 are for x11.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:16:57 PM

Thanks to you and Keyser too for helping soopy.  That is great guys it is really nice to see people helping out with this Smiley

Bee community is looking very good.

The first thing to say is of course the coins you have now you will keep if we switched to x11. You have mined and bought them so nobody will lose coins, this is not starting over from the start if we switch to x11.

We could remain on scrypt for a while longer if soopy thinks it is best, however the swap to asic resistance i think is essential because there are some people already with very powerful asics i am seeing evidence of people ALREADY having 600MH.

Anyway thanks very much guys for helping soopy out and we will soon be pushing forward. Soopy is testing out the block tax... nobody as yet has this running in a coin to my knowledge so let's see how this goes. Will be great to raise money for projects and developments and to establish a fund of coins for the saving the bees populations. I am very interested in that now the more i read the dangers of bees vanishing.... this is a very serious issue. If you have not read up on this then really i encourage you to take a look. I was of the opinion before that i wouldn't miss honey all that much......wow was that an ignorant perspective.... you can essentially kiss goodbye to the world as you know it if bees were to vanish.

So far then 6 out of 6 are for x11.

Beecoin will look good.
Block tax + x11 + POS + Fair Launch + community project = excellent marketing.

worstforumever

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:46:22 AM

Good to see price is on the rise again finally, got a bad sad their for awhile. especially for those of us who bought in early in BTC at 20-30 Sats, Now I am evened out a bit, ready to charge.
I think I have posted on this thread under another name, Ive had like 3 or 4 and with this sites non existent password email I keep having to start again.

I'm Down with any changes that make it a stronger more marketable coin. If it's simple for me to change over without having to send to an exchange or whatev's.

And again, we need someone to take over the Twitter account, It's best way to get word out and it's said nothing since launch..

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:12:40 AM

The community discussions are final for implementing X11 and I was informed by Cryptohunter and John with regards to the same and the need for it , I will work timely on implementing that and discussing the process of swapping coins with Cryptohunter and John and we will issue and update here soon.

Regards,
~Soopy~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:20:30 AM

Hello Everyone!
I would like to put an update so far on the received donations.

Donations Received So Far :-

GREEDYJOHN

12 Litecoins

CryptoHunter

12 Litecoins

MacStone

3 Litecoins

LongTDP

1.594573 Litecoins

Total  = 28.594573

Keyser

0.1 Bitcoins

Total = 0.1

I would like to take this moment to thank LongTDP had sent me 1.594573 Litecoins as well as keyser who had sent me 0.1 Bitcoins , thank you very much my friends your support and kind donation is very much appreciated at this moment in effort to get BEE back flying.

All the very best and much success.

~Soopy~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:30:19 AM

Hello Everyone!
I would like to put an update so far on the received donations.

Donations Received So Far :-

GREEDYJOHN

12 Litecoins

CryptoHunter

12 Litecoins

MacStone

3 Litecoins

LongTDP

1.594573 Litecoins

Total  = 28.594573

Keyser

0.1 Bitcoins

Total = 0.1

I would like to take this moment to thank LongTDP had sent me 1.594573 Litecoins as well as keyser who had sent me 0.1 Bitcoins , thank you very much my friends your support and kind donation is very much appreciated at this moment in effort to get BEE back flying.

All the very best and much success.

~Soopy~

+1 nice to see the community coming together to bring beecoin back into the running. It's great to see.

Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:38:02 PM

dev still active? hasn't been on in a while  Undecided
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:22:41 PM

dev still active? hasn't been on in a while  Undecided

We are still waiting. Send him a PM.

BeeCoinDev

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:48:09 PM

I'm here on my neighbor's electricity , compiling wallets with the new checkpoint after testing.
Regards,
~SoopY~
venmo

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:02:22 PM

It's a good time to buy.

This coin has hit the bottom and can only go up.

There are a lot of changes coming that will increase its value.
emelac

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:11:22 PM

It's a good time to buy.

This coin has hit the bottom and can only go up.

There are a lot of changes coming that will increase its value.

Proof of stake could make a big difference to this coin. A lot of coins are adding it and finding it makes them more popular with people who cannot mine any other way for one reason or another. Some people cannot afford the hardware or electricity for mining and any coin that gives them a chance to become miners is likely to be more popular with them than other coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: