News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Pos be implemented in beecoin
Yes
No
Maybe someday
This isn't a good idea

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BEE]BeeCoin - Launched/5 EXCHANGES  (Read 123003 times)
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:13:51 PM

i know people want to know what is happening with soopy.

I will pm him again.

he has said he is testing the new client still. Also he is having issues with his internet connection.

I see a lot of coins are changing algo to x11 now or talking about it.... does beecoin need to consider this?

I think we should stick to the tried and tested. Look at Maxcoin - it is OK now, but launch was terrible.

I hear that x11 produces less heat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:22:16 PM

I will pm him again.

he has said he is testing the new client still. Also he is having issues with his internet connection.

I see a lot of coins are changing algo to x11 now or talking about it.... does beecoin need to consider this?

I think we should stick to the tried and tested. Look at Maxcoin - it is OK now, but launch was terrible.

Yeah x11 could be nice for coming summer months of mining. Also cost a lot less on electricity so profits much higher.

Are there any x11 POW/POS coins out there yet?

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

I will pm him again.

Yeah x11 could be nice for coming summer months of mining. Also cost a lot less on electricity so profits much higher.

Is it possible to change beecoin to x11?

With current block halving, we should already have maxed out useful mining, and be minimum POW with maximum POS by summer.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:18:33 PM

I will pm him again.

With current block halving, we should already have maxed out useful mining, and be minimum POW with maximum POS by summer.

Yes is possible to change, even ltc are discussing a change of algo due to asic. Although i'm not sure if they were hinting at scryptn or something else.

However i think we need POS before the block halving after this one.

ronald98

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:28:10 PM

How long would these changes take to implement if you decide to adopt them?
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:49:53 AM

I will pm him again.

Yes is possible to change, even ltc are discussing a change of algo due to asic. Although i'm not sure if they were hinting at scryptn or something else.

However i think we need POS before the block halving after this one.

We need to be careful with POS, and all other improvements. This coin needs PUBLICITY FIRST.

READ WHAT HAPPENED TO BLACKCOIN (at cryptorush) HERE:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529779.0

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 03:06:49 AM

11 Rounds of Algorithm can be implemented for BEEcoin and up for it , with KGW and a mix of POS it will be ideal and doing it would further secure BEE but I have put a lot of my time for this since I know you'll understand it's not easy and will need extensive testing I've discussed about this with Cryptohunter and did some recommendations and he will post here the information and discussed matters.

Regards,
Soopy

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:29:59 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 11:42:16 AM by cryptohunter

Beecoin community...

I have been having extensive talks with Soopy about the best things we can do for beecoin now and in the future.

As you know many coins are moving to x11 or other asic resistant algos. This is something for us to consider, but this involves a lot of coding work. However beecoin would be one of the first to have the x11 algo and POS.

Soopy seems to be a very know a lot and have the skills to take beecoin to the level we need to move forward.

We all need to get involved though.  I am just one person i can not make decisions for all of the miners that have mined and are still mining and buying beecoins.  We need to decide on some things.

1. Do we stick with scrypt pow and just add POS as we need it to prevent hash dropping and therefore security of the chain dropping as rewards die off.?

2. Do we go radical and change to x11 algo with POS? so we burn less electricity (50% less) and therefore become more profitable and more resistant to scrypt asics.

3. Do you have alternative suggestions?

4. Do we go ahead with the block taxes  1% = dev.  2% funding for future things like games, exchanges,  and 2% for saving the bee populations

KEEP IN MIND NEARLY 1/3 OF BEES HAVE BEEN MINED SO THESE % ARE NOT OF THE TOTAL THEY ARE OF THE 2/3RDS LEFT OF THE BEECOINS ... so 1% is like really going to be 0.5% by the time we implement these changes.

Now Soopy as you know earns his wages developing these coins. He needs payment to work hours and hours on a coin. Yes we have offered him really 1% (really 0.5% of minting because nearly half have been mined now) beecoins in block tax. However right now we need to give him a few donations to get him started because beecoin right now is very low in price. We can't expect people with skills to work for free.

Let's donate to soopy for his time and effort to crack on with the coding work for beecoin. Everyone donating (first 30 people) at least 0.5ltc or more i will send 1 million beecoin as thanks and i will be donating of course too. Please just post or pm me your transaction id and i will list you on the "Thanks list" on the new thread so we can see who is actually helping out around here.. Once we get the coin rolling things will start going a lot more quickly.

If you are serious about pushing beecoin further ahead then please show your support. Beecoin was a very fair coin to start with and it is sad the last dev left. However it will be great to have a new developer on board to help take beecoin further.

I am also going to offer 5 million beecoins to the first person to reply to this thread and say they will PM every person on this thread and invite them to come back and discuss how we go forward from here with beecoin. I will be randomly PM a few people to make sure you have really done it propertly. I will post the message to send them in a moment.

But the first person to post here and say they will PM everyone and get them back here to have their say on beecoins future will get 5M after they have done it.

to donate to bee coins immediate development please send to soopys addresses they are

Bitcoin: 1MKtdnJgbdLVPha7B5PPXDagdpK4tvDDSx

Litecoin: LeHfinnuaMP63CSJm5VFnLH4AmZzTUdRKt (Address changed due to issues with Wallet earlier cryptohunter informed)

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 04:26:49 AM

Yes , I'm definitely on board and have a few things in mind to start offering to the community while adding POS and X11 is a few of them some are additional features such as coin control etc.

I also had Scryp-Jane-N adaptive Modified with KGW and POS idea as well but wanted to decide with you on it.

Regards,
Soopy

PS: I'm testing the taxes implementation as of yet ironing out a few bugs and perfecting it.

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:09:40 AM

GUYS IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING LEFT ON CRYPTO RUSH LOOKS LIKE THEIR GOING DOWN....ALREADY LOST OVER 35,000 BC

READ ABOUT IT HERE: http://pastebin.com/eLkPxLWi

KEEP YOUR BEES SAFE!

qiqide

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:09:47 AM

See you, my friends!
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:42:22 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 07:43:10 PM by ZeroBarrier

Beecoin community...

I have been having extensive talks with Soopy about the best things we can do for beecoin now and in the future.

*snip, snip*

Both you and soopy have a good head on your shoulders, so I put trust and faith that you both can come up with a great idea/way that will move Beecoin forward.

The X11 & POS sounds interesting and promising, whould help to ensure the blockchain and maintain early adopters in Beecoin. I'm all for having the 1%/2%/2% block tax implemented to help Beecoin move forward.

I would love to donate to soopy but unfortunately have absolutely nothing in cryptocurrency right now as things are tight for me; but will keep my eye on Beecoin and hope to get back in the game before it takes off.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:28:09 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 11:42:39 AM by cryptohunter

Beecoin community...

As you know many coins are moving to x11 or other asic resistant algos. This is something for us to consider, but this involves a lot of coding work. However beecoin would be one of the first to have the x11 algo and POS.

Soopy seems to be a very know a lot and have the skills to take beecoin to the level we need to move forward.

We all need to get involved though.  I am just one person i can not make decisions for all of the miners that have mined and are still mining and buying beecoins.  We need to decide on some things.

1. Do we stick with scrypt pow and just add POS as we need it to prevent hash dropping and therefore security of the chain dropping as rewards die off.?

2. Do we go radical and change to x11 algo with POS? so we burn less electricity (50% less) and therefore become more profitable and more resistant to scrypt asics.

4. Do we go ahead with the block taxes  1% = dev.  2% funding for future things like games, exchanges,  and 2% for saving the bee populations

KEEP IN MIND NEARLY 1/3 OF BEES HAVE BEEN MINED SO THESE % ARE NOT OF THE TOTAL THEY ARE OF THE 2/3RDS LEFT OF THE BEECOINS ... so 1% is like really going to be 0.5% by the time we implement these changes.

Now Soopy as you know earns his wages developing these coins. He needs payment to work hours and hours on a coin. Yes we have offered him really 1% (really 0.5% of minting because nearly half have been mined now) beecoins in block tax. However right now we need to give him a few donations to get him started because beecoin right now is very low in price. We can't expect people with skills to work for free.

Let's donate to soopy for his time and effort to crack on with the coding work for beecoin. Everyone donating (first 30 people) at least 0.5ltc or more i will send 1 million beecoin as thanks and i will be donating of course too. Please just post or pm me your transaction id and i will list you on the "Thanks list" on the new thread so we can see who is actually helping out around here.. Once we get the coin rolling things will start going a lot more quickly.

If you are serious about pushing beecoin further ahead then please show your support. Beecoin was a very fair coin to start with and it is sad the last dev left. However it will be great to have a new developer on board to help take beecoin further.

I am also going to offer 5 million beecoins to the first person to reply to this thread and say they will PM every person on this thread and invite them to come back and discuss how we go forward from here with beecoin. I will be randomly PM a few people to make sure you have really done it propertly. I will post the message to send them in a moment.

But the first person to post here and say they will PM everyone and get them back here to have their say on beecoins future will get 5M after they have done it.

to donate to bee coins immediate development please send to soopys addresses they are

Litecoin: LeHfinnuaMP63CSJm5VFnLH4AmZzTUdRKt (Address changed due to issues with Wallet earlier cryptohunter informed)

I could take on the task, later today, when I get back from work. Those beecoins given to me, will help for a giveaway faucet.

Work just keeps me busy.

Sure no problem let me know if you want it and you can do it for sure.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:29:27 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 11:41:24 AM by cryptohunter

Beecoin community...

Both you and soopy have a good head on your shoulders, so I put trust and faith that you both can come up with a great idea/way that will move Beecoin forward.

The X11 & POS sounds interesting and promising, whould help to ensure the blockchain and maintain early adopters in Beecoin. I'm all for having the 1%/2%/2% block tax implemented to help Beecoin move forward.

I would love to donate to soopy but unfortunately have absolutely nothing in cryptocurrency right now as things are tight for me; but will keep my eye on Beecoin and hope to get back in the game before it takes off.

Hey, thanks for your kinds words and feedback, no worries and even those without much ltc or bee to donate can still support the bee community by getting involved and posting feedback and ideas etc just like you have done. thanks.

To others in the community come on guys if you can afford to donate a bit to soopy even just 0.5LTC - send the tx and i will send you 1 million beecoins and list you on the donations list.

Let's all get involved here.  If you are serious about pushing beecoin further we need to display willing to all pitch in and help.

If you can't afford to donate then please do something else active for the beecoin, tell some people or post some ideas for this coin going forward from here.

victoriaparker

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:27:49 PM

@cryptohunter

i will donate as soon as i get home from work in about 4 hours time.

Also i have got my friend working away on building a new beecoin website. I hope you guys will like it.

I am still mining beecoin. I've been reading as much as i can on this board trying to learn a little more. Would it not be best just for this time to stay with pow as it is working well, and just produce an updated source code from which you can build the required wallets and block explorer. Stick with scrypt and introduce pos as the block reward reduces?  Could it be risky to exchange to x11 with pos? this has not be done so far? Could we lose the coins we have mined if something goes wrong?

I now have 22 million beecoins and i would hate to see them get swatted Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:49:04 PM

@cryptohunter

i will donate as soon as i get home from work in about 4 hours time.

Also i have got my friend working away on building a new beecoin website. I hope you guys will like it.

I am still mining beecoin. I've been reading as much as i can on this board trying to learn a little more. Would it not be best just for this time to stay with pow as it is working well, and just produce an updated source code from which you can build the required wallets and block explorer. Stick with scrypt and introduce pos as the block reward reduces?  Could it be risky to exchange to x11 with pos? this has not be done so far? Could we lose the coins we have mined if something goes wrong?

I now have 22 million beecoins and i would hate to see them get swatted Smiley

No, i really don't think Soopy will not let us lose the coins we have mined and bought.

Thanks for donating when you get home Smiley that is great. I will put you on the list of helpers when we start a new thread Smiley Let me know if you send 0.5LTC or more and i will send you your 1 million bee's too.

Can you say what the new website domain will be right now or are you just building the website and have not yet decided on the domain name?

nogoodcoin

Activity: 370

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:51:08 PM

it spreads quickly , 5 exchanges  added this coin, i'm in .

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:59:37 PM

it spreads quickly , 5 exchanges  added this coin, i'm in .

hey, welcome to the beecoin community Smiley

If we all work together to get things done beecoin can do really well. People can help in various ways... posting on facebook about beecoin, twitter. Lot's of things can be done, even just offering up ideas is a great help.

I see the network is up over 160MH again today, and still i see hardly any bee coins for sale compared to what has been mined.  People are still saving their bee's it seems.

spanjii

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:13:43 PM

x11 and pos looks really interesting.

i'm holding all my coins, haven't sold a single one so far, because i believe Bee worth a lot more.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:57:31 PM

thanks guys for your support Smiley

Any ideas you have for beecoin or any suggestions feel free to always comment and let your opinion known. Also all bee coin pledges to future give aways etc are appreciated and they will help get others interested and helping out the beecoin community.

Also as soon as we have the new source and latest wallet builds for all OS we will start a new thread and get things rolling faster.

A few people have said they will donate too so let's see what happens. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: