Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:15:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145630 times)
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 04:46:49 PM

What is the current status of goals to be achieved this Q4 2018 which according to their roadmap is the platform's infrastructure?

We will release our Devnet this quarter!
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

what is the tentative date of closing the private sale, any info regarding this is available anywhere?

It's shame that the community manager isn't really active here anymore, there are a lot of questions and doubt unanswered here, am I right?

Do they have a community manager? Really? I haven't seen him around here at all. It would be really good to get answers to the most important questions that are keep turning up here in the thread. Like more details about the token sale and private sale.

Well the one who answered all the questions in here before did an outstanding job. I've never encountered such depth when answering questions on any ann thread.
Check these posts out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2272999;sa=showPosts

Thanks for the kind words!
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 04:56:24 PM

Actually yes and there is more than one.

Seems lots of team discovered there is a hole in this area and trying to fill it with their projects. I checked some and must say Dusk Network seems way better compared to them.

Sure, once people realize that there is a niche where money can be made, new projects will emerge.

Has any of the competitors of DUSK already a working platform?

As far as i know, they are all in ico phase or pre-ico phase.

Idea was good and it come out from a team first (i can't be sure) and instantly similar projects popped up Smiley So timelines are very similar.

Aren't Polymath and Swarm competitors of dusk? Because they are already ahead of Dusk and have a working platform if I remember correctly.

Ethereum offers no ledger privacy apart from zk-SNARKS (which is reliant on a trusted setup which needs to run at any configuration change). This basically forces issuers to avail of off-chain solutions which is very expensive and defeats the purpose of 1) decentralization 2) common task automation 3) streamline legal process 4) performances (as trading restriction needs to be arbitrated all the time through third party smart contracts, rather than being embedded at protocol level). So, to be able to meet the requirements of STOs, Ethereum needs third party platforms (like Polymath, Harbor, etc etc) which are basically application-level smart contracts, which resort mostly to off-chain processing, with no exception.

This is also because these platforms have absolutely no say at the protocol level and must adapt to what it is available to them. In that respect, they have a very limited control on the confidentiality level (and in fact they resort almost always to suboptimal off-chain solutions - see for example Harbor, Polymath or even Securitize) and are bound to biblical release time for anything that revolves around NFRs (Non Functional Requirements, such as, for instance, scalability, security, resource management, network configurations, SLAs, etc etc) since Ethereum must scale GLOBALLY all the propositions (meaning smart contracts or set of smart contracts).

Dusk is NOT a general purpose smart contract platform.
It is extremely focused on the use cases it intends to unlock and as a result it can be very specific in the strategies it adopts to scale and satisfy the NFRs of the use cases at hand.

It basically focuses on providing the right confidentiality in the 3 different scenario that render the platform a true network:
1 - Unidirectional atomic transfer of value (basically, payments)
2 - Bidirectional atomic exchange of value (transfer of asset ownership - securities fall in this category)
3 - Time unbound exchange of value (transmission of data stream - such as audiovisual conferencing, content streaming, etc)

We are gonna rollout sequentially the three layers of the network, which will each unlock one of these 3 parts
However we believe that 2 is the most critical as it taps into a market which potential is in the Trillions of Euros
Since we are heavily partial for this particular use case, it is very logical that we adjust the protocol to satisfy all the regulations (and not, like in the cases above, adjust the application layer to workaround the protocol limitations)

To give you an example of what we can do on Dusk which would be unthinkable in Ethereum please consider the following feature.

Dusk decouples the (centralized) KYC/AML vendor process from the (decentralized) security issuance and transaction arbitration with the aid of time-locked accumulators. Cryptographic accumulators are ideal for implementing zero-knowledge white/black listing accreditation of (un-)compliant investors and automated accreditation. Also, expiry mechanism can be added for forcing rechecks. It roughly works in the following way: as soon as the KYC/AML process completes, the transactor identifier (basically his registered wallet address, but it can also be something else, i.e. biometric data, etc) is committed to the accumulator, which remains opaque and discloses nothing of its set. A witness (called compliance witness) is thus generated and returned to the applicant. Such witness is the proof of set inclusion. From that point on, all transactions related to that particular asset class (token) must include the compliance witness. Since the info is directly added as payload of our own (improved) version of bulletproof transactions, the need for open data inspection on transaction clearance is therefore removed. The accumulator is stored on-chain (as it basically is just a number) and recheck forcing can happen through a removal operation which activation can be coded trustlessly and can be as simple as a periodic expiry or by encoding more sophisticated rules through a (zk-)smart contract.
Dusk will host the accumulators directly ON CHAIN, since it is line with our strategy to handle scenario nr. 2 of the above list

Ethereum would never do such a thing considering that it would not make sense to store a data structure on chain that is specific for a tiny fraction of its applications (i.e. Polymath and Harbor) and would be completely useless for, say, propositions such as Omisego, Kyber, Basic Attention Token, Bancor, Status, Civic, Aragon, etc etc.

This means that the applications would have to battle against the Ethereum protocol (i.e. move an eventual accumulator off-chain to the detriment of decentralization).

This would have nefarious consequences for scalability as well, considering that these proposition must resort to  continuously calling smart contracts in order to arbitrate the transaction operations (to the detriment of both performance and privacy), while Dusk is in the liberty of enriching the transaction directly with zero knowledge data from the transactors (the compliance witness), leaving absolute liberty over which vendor the issuer wants to rely upon and keeping the centralized compliance-related operations (like for instance KYC/AML) separated from the transaction stream.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 04:59:32 PM

It's shame that the community manager isn't really active here anymore, there are a lot of questions and doubt unanswered here, am I right?

Do they have a community manager? Really? I haven't seen him around here at all. It would be really good to get answers to the most important questions that are keep turning up here in the thread. Like more details about the token sale and private sale.

I am not sure if there is a community manager or not but someone from the team was actively answering the user queries but, now everyone seems to be quiet.

Last post from "DuskNetwork" is from 12.12.2018, so maybe he is busy.
I can only say it was one of the most active and experienced community manager I saw in my history of bitcointalk, so don't judge to fast.

There were a lot of time consuming things going on as we are closing in on listing our token. Our listing on EthFinex and BitFinex had to be delayed by a few weeks. A combination of technical delay and the poor holiday listing climate drove the decision to aim for the second week of January as the new target listing date, most probably between the 7th and the 9th.

This should give our partners at EthFinex and BitFinex enough time to clear the technical schedule, whilst it should be a much more favorable listing period for our investors and people looking to enter in the secondary market.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 05:05:50 PM

Meet Dusk's Investor(s); Olymp Capital.

In 'Meet Dusk's Investors' we introduce some of our most important investors, giving our community insight into what type of added value we are driving from our partners, and to showcase the thinking behind their investment decision.

Olymp Capital
Olymp Capital is the first asset management firm in Europe to cover the entire blockchain and crypto-asset ecosystem. The firm is headquartered in Luxembourg and is comprised of experts in traditional finance and blockchain. They seek to offer a full product suite for their investors — whether in equity or digital tokens. Dusk is the first protocol to satisfy the entire STO regulatory framework.

Co-founder and CEO of Olymp Capital, Christophe de Courson, said: “The Dusk Network team has created a technology that adapts uniquely to the needs of STO investors, and we see tremendous upside from their infrastructure.”

Read more about our partnership Here!

How to learn more about Dusk Network
The Dusk Network is a project coordinated by the Dusk Foundation. We are a decentralized ecosystem entirely focused on providing the perfect trade-off between privacy and transparency. Dusk protects privacy and fits regulations in payments, communications and asset transfers.

Please consider joining us at the following media:
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 05:15:45 PM

Dusk Network announces first STO

It is with great pleasure that we present CryptoBriefing's Paddy Baker's exclusive coverage of our first STO; BWRE.

In a Crypto Briefing exclusive, Dusk Network (DUSK) said it will help the Maltese real estate company, BWRE, launch its STO on the platform. BWRE, which specializes in renovating and marketing short-stay lets, hopes to raise €21m – approximately $24m – in tranches. The company has already secured €5.5m.

Our coverage of the BWRE STO will follow tomorrow.

The Dusk Network is a project coordinated by the Dusk Foundation. We are a decentralized ecosystem entirely focused on providing the perfect trade-off between privacy and transparency. Dusk protects privacy and fits regulations in payments, communications and asset transfers.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 05:21:06 PM

what is the tentative date of closing the private sale, any info regarding this is available anywhere?

Really busy with everything, but back at it with full force!

I see that you're back at full force  Grin, you just announced that we'll se devnet's launch basically next week/later this week and also you just announced your first STO, BWRE

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 05:26:51 PM

Thats great news for Dusk and if the STO will be successful, it will be a huge boost for your platform. I really hope we will see more companies decide to collaborate with you.

king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 06:10:39 PM

Thats great news for Dusk and if the STO will be successful, it will be a huge boost for your platform. I really hope we will see more companies decide to collaborate with you.

Yes, it is a big achievement and I really root for Dusk to host a successful STO. I'm curious to find out if the market appreciates STOs over regular token sales.
nobytes

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 07:26:22 PM

Not many projects look very promising to me these days. I'm focusing my interest on Privacy related projects and of course enterprise level blockchains.

I am avoiding projects like Monero, just in case i need to explain to banks etc that where all my money came from, and most likely they would think that Monero is just drug money that i would be washing.
beeelzebub

Activity: 602

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 08:42:27 PM

It is with great pleasure that we present CryptoBriefing's Paddy Baker's exclusive coverage of our first STO; BWRE.

I think this is huge news.

Because it is even highly promising if not used my any sto wouldn't mean anything and now they are getting used by an important one. Good job.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2884
Merit: 605

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 08:59:19 PM

pity that the team neglects this channel of communication, here on the forum it was easier to follow for me, i will try to take a look on telegram and medium to see if there are recent news concerning the project...
traveler007

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 09:18:47 PM

Are you going to have a partnership with MOBU project? They developing platform for security tokens as I know and you creating blockchain for security tokens. May be this would be nice to collaborate with them?

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:57:47 PM

Are you going to have a partnership with MOBU project? They developing platform for security tokens as I know and you creating blockchain for security tokens. May be this would be nice to collaborate with them?

Where did you get this information? Or is this a suggestion for the Team? I see the bulls shaking a little dust now, I hope this will get the Team to further advance their project and evaluate potential Productive Partners like this
PS92

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:58:05 PM

Because it is even highly promising if not used my any sto wouldn't mean anything and now they are getting used by an important one. Good job.

Typical it had to be a Maltese real estate company

Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:59:49 PM

Maybe they are more active on Telegram/Discord?

Good call. They are definitely more active on Telegram than on this forum. Highly recommended to go there if you want to get the latest news.

Then I'll join the Telegram too, got some questions for the devs myself
CHRISBIN702

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279

My blockchain can beat up your blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 06:08:41 AM

The first STO token they are announcing is called BWRE? Does anyone else see the humor in that? Congratulations on this milestone achievement.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:24:22 AM

Typical it had to be a Maltese real estate company

I am really looking forward to learn more about this BWRE project. I mean, there are already real estate projects on the blockchain but no security tokens yet. 
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:23:07 AM

In a Crypto Briefing exclusive, Dusk Network (DUSK) said it will help the Maltese real estate company, BWRE, launch its STO on the platform. BWRE, which specializes in renovating and marketing short-stay lets, hopes to raise €21m – approximately $24m – in tranches. The company has already secured €5.5m.

Quite interesting, so you have already the platform ready to run this or it will happen in some other way?

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:43:17 AM

Quite interesting, so you have already the platform ready to run this or it will happen in some other way?

Yeah that is a good question.

Everything should be ready and running to announce something big like that.

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: