Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:02:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 📡SCIENTIFICCOIN - BlockShow Oscar Winner🎓+ Invest in scientific discoveries 👓  (Read 65859 times)
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:32:45 PM

ScientificCoin provides financial support for scientific projects. ScientificCoin also provides opportunities for Proof-of-Research mining based on BOINC technology. Projects supported by the ScientificCoin platform will be able to use the miner's computing power for research.

Does this mean that their own blockchain will be a proof of work blockchain and instead of useless cryptographic tasks the miners will do specific calculations related to the project?
That's something I always think the whole blockchain technology is all about. Not these stupid calculations and waste of electricity, but some real stuff.

What do you mean with stupid calculations?
You mean proof of work?
It's still the best way to make sure your blockchain is permissionless.

I think he's making a point on the POW concept
Well, I was actually talking about mining - the thing from where blockchain got its present popularity. Just generating new coins using time, energy and resources is not something that humanity needs right now. We may use blockchain in a much more effective way, we just dunno how.

The problem is that analyzing data for NASA for example is not something that can be used as a mining algorithm. You are right. We have no better idea yet.
Jepli

Activity: 315

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:54:47 PM

Is there already any plan to have the first project listed on the platform?

I think this would benefit a lot the launch of this interesting project.

Yeah, I think it would be ideal if they could get to list an initial project within the platform so as to entice other to follow suit.

aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:58:46 PM

ScientificCoin provides financial support for scientific projects. ScientificCoin also provides opportunities for Proof-of-Research mining based on BOINC technology. Projects supported by the ScientificCoin platform will be able to use the miner's computing power for research.

Does this mean that their own blockchain will be a proof of work blockchain and instead of useless cryptographic tasks the miners will do specific calculations related to the project?
That's something I always think the whole blockchain technology is all about. Not these stupid calculations and waste of electricity, but some real stuff.

You mean proof of work?

Well, I was actually talking about mining - the thing from where blockchain got its present popularity. Just generating new coins using time, energy and resources is not something that humanity needs right now. We may use blockchain in a much more effective way, we just dunno how.

The problem is that analyzing data for NASA for example is not something that can be used as a mining algorithm. You are right. We have no better idea yet.
Exactly, but I am pretty sure that the blockchain can give us vast opportunity to do something useful in the near future.
king_of_alts

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:20:53 PM

Is there already any plan to have the first project listed on the platform?

I think this would benefit a lot the launch of this interesting project.

Yeah, I think it would be ideal if they could get to list an initial project within the platform so as to entice other to follow suit.

A list of projects that will be available at launch would be awesome. It would create interest.
king_of_alts

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:56:03 PM

You mean proof of work?

Exactly, but I am pretty sure that the blockchain can give us vast opportunity to do something useful in the near future.

I think certain scientific processes needs specialized computing hardware e.g. NASA. To date, we cannot utilized blockchain tech on systems that needs big computing power like simulation which can be done with supercomputers. But who knows?, maybe in the near future it wil be different by then.Imho.

Yes, I hope so too. they need to find an algorythm that is useful for third parties. deciphering a genome for example. I hope we will get there soon.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:02:18 PM

You mean proof of work?

I think certain scientific processes needs specialized computing hardware e.g. NASA. To date, we cannot utilized blockchain tech on systems that needs big computing power like simulation which can be done with supercomputers. But who knows?, maybe in the near future it wil be different by then.Imho.
You allude to the possibility of the appearance neural computer? I don't think that the first prototypes will be at an affordable price if this can happens.
Ryuuma

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:40:43 PM

Platform with a good concept seems a pretty idea especially when education is involve because due to the increased of populations it is really hard to handle when the system is still in a traditional way.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:46:22 PM

You mean proof of work?

You allude to the possibility of the appearance neural computer? I don't think that the first prototypes will be at an affordable price if this can happens.

What are neural computer?
I only know Neural networks, but this is software and this is not expensive ...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:00:46 PM

You mean proof of work?

Is there even the possibility of application in this project, is it accessible to the Team if they wish? Or just community suppositions and suggestions to arouse the interest of the Team?
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:26:44 PM

Platform with a good concept seems a pretty idea especially when education is involve because due to the increased of populations it is really hard to handle when the system is still in a traditional way.
You are right, this platform will give opportunity to promote scientific projects in those countries where the government does not allocate funding for this.
ParRus

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:37:09 PM

You mean proof of work?

I mean supercomputer - quantum processor, this is one of the reasons that can bring bitcoin crash and all that is associated with crypto.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:48:47 PM

You are right, this platform will give opportunity to promote scientific projects in those countries where the government does not allocate funding for this.
i also believe that this platform gives an excellent opportunity to valid scientific projects that otherwise would have no way to go on due to lack of funds, in our days is difficult to get funds, i hope this project gives an opportunity to many scientific startups...
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:33:17 PM

i also believe that this platform gives an excellent opportunity to valid scientific projects that otherwise would have no way to go on due to lack of funds, in our days is difficult to get funds, i hope this project gives an opportunity to many scientific startups...

It will be great for under the radar projects but on the other hand, it will be very difficult to persuade investors to give their money to some unknown teams with little credentials. I hope there will be some way of authentication.

lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:09:40 PM

By the way, will this platform enable small time investors to contribute on a particular project with any amount? or there is a minimum investment required?
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:53:29 AM

Freelance scientist or basement scientist will benefit from this program. People who have the idea but lacks funds for experimental research
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:23:42 AM

Freelance scientist or basement scientist will benefit from this program. People who have the idea but lacks funds for experimental research

I dont expect every basement scientist will get crowdfunded by this platform. They will have to have some credentials for sure otherwise you will be able to exploit this idea. I am sure they realise, they will still have to do a lot to convince future investors but on the other hand, it could be a gold mine if you find the right project.

aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:00:21 AM

I dont expect every basement scientist will get crowdfunded by this platform. They will have to have some credentials for sure otherwise you will be able to exploit this idea. I am sure they realise, they will still have to do a lot to convince future investors but on the other hand, it could be a gold mine if you find the right project.
Harsh competition will appear if the platform will be helping different scientists to realize their ideas. This is good, competition is the stimulus to perfection
QTC
Copper Member

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 09:10:08 AM

Looks as great idea however it is for only highly educated people and hard to understand.. Anyway, Good luck!
king_of_alts

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:17:25 AM

Looks as great idea however it is for only highly educated people and hard to understand.. Anyway, Good luck!

Well, the scientists should be highly educated but as an investor you only need to understand the project you want to invest in.
ParRus

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:31:49 AM

Harsh competition will appear if the platform will be helping different scientists to realize their ideas. This is good, competition is the stimulus to perfection
The platform with the help of the rating will weed out bad scientific projects, so the best will remain. I hope this rating system will be impartial and objective.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: