Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:27:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 📡SCIENTIFICCOIN - BlockShow Oscar Winner🎓+ Invest in scientific discoveries 👓  (Read 65859 times)
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

I think this is a brilliant initiative on paper. Being a science nut, I really hope this can change the landscape of the science world. Too many "professors" out there writing fringe-science articles that never get quotations but still receive funding. I wish you all the best and will be following closely. Smiley

There are some who doesnt get enough recognition since they can afford to do expensive tests of their theories. On the other hand, a lot of money given to science goes to waste so scientificcoin will be a perfect balance to recognize projects with potential. 

Some projects cannot be used commercially so the government funds them but some projects can and these projects will attract investors on the platform.  Smiley

Science for commercial things are the type of project that can be funded by the platform I think. Meanwhile science that are very hard will be handled by the government and can't be replaced by any other parties.
Of course, this portion of projects corresponding to the non-financed ones is very large, unfortunately this is another segment dependent on government agencies, and this platform comes to an end to this problem and decentralize something very important to the Human species
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:08:16 PM

If I were a scientist and I would like to place my project on your system, what would I have to do?

I dont think they have all figured out yet just the basic concept. I imagine a platform, where you register your project on which will go under some kind of review before offered for crowdfunding.

king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:32:08 PM

If I were a scientist and I would like to place my project on your system, what would I have to do?

I dont think they have all figured out yet just the basic concept. I imagine a platform, where you register your project on which will go under some kind of review before offered for crowdfunding.

Yeah, I think it will be unbureaucratic but you have to identify yourself to the team so that scams become less likely and go trough an audit or review.
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:39:22 PM

Yeah, I think it will be unbureaucratic but you have to identify yourself to the team so that scams become less likely and go trough an audit or review.
First they have to develop the platform and test it. Then projects will start to be added. I guess before they launch the platform they will publish the requirements to join theplatform.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:07:03 PM

First they have to develop the platform and test it. Then projects will start to be added. I guess before they launch the platform they will publish the requirements to join theplatform.
You are right, over time these requirements will be improved on the previous experience. The main thing is that these requirements and ratings were to all projects are the same, without bias.
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:16:04 PM

I think this is a brilliant initiative on paper. Being a science nut, I really hope this can change the landscape of the science world. Too many "professors" out there writing fringe-science articles that never get quotations but still receive funding. I wish you all the best and will be following closely. Smiley

There are some who doesnt get enough recognition since they can afford to do expensive tests of their theories. On the other hand, a lot of money given to science goes to waste so scientificcoin will be a perfect balance to recognize projects with potential. 

Some projects cannot be used commercially so the government funds them but some projects can and these projects will attract investors on the platform.  Smiley

Science for commercial things are the type of project that can be funded by the platform I think. Meanwhile science that are very hard will be handled by the government and can't be replaced by any other parties.
Of course, this portion of projects corresponding to the non-financed ones is very large, unfortunately this is another segment dependent on government agencies, and this platform comes to an end to this problem and decentralize something very important to the Human species
Science can be different, you can say as much as you like about the usefulness of British scientists, but sometimes strange and wild news comes from them.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:41:49 PM

Hey. Would not this create a mess with so many projects where investors could not make the best choice?

Like every other investment, you will need to do some research and not just trow your money in. I am sure there will be some community reviews of the projects which will help you to get a clearer picture.

They will have experts' ratings for all projects which will be hopefully a good basis for investment decisions. Including a risk score for each project would also be helpful for investors.

that would be helpful. hopefully they will not let just anyone on the platform.
A risk score would be very helpful to have a fast overview about what projects can be interesting for investors.

Certainly, they should implement an effective mechanism to sort out projects that are worthy to be listed on the platform and weed out those that are not.
i think that they will study at best all the things to do to list the most promising projects such as, for example, possibility of success, risk rating separation for various sectors so that the various investors can choose in peace and quiet...
loup

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:10:10 PM

Science can be different, you can say as much as you like about the usefulness of British scientists, but sometimes strange and wild news comes from them.
I think that is not going to be possible to finance big projects just by this kind of platforms. Such amounts just can be finance by goverments or huge companies.
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:28:34 PM

I think that is not going to be possible to finance big projects just by this kind of platforms. Such amounts just can be finance by goverments or huge companies.
Well, that is why they need some strong partnerships. For scientific project, I do not think this is a big deal...
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:24:01 PM

Imho, First and foremost requirement would be a KYC for the project's initiator and I guess you would have to pass certain criteria to prove that the project is legit in order to prevent fraud.
It's true, KYC would be first- basic stage, other requirements I think will be directly related with project itself - surely there will be a template how to present the project, and what information should be present.
Soslumisir

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:27:50 PM

This project should help the existing and future projects with their idea, which are aimed at the development of other planets and a more detailed study of the entire space universe as a whole. It looks really promising.
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:56:21 PM

This project should help the existing and future projects with their idea, which are aimed at the development of other planets and a more detailed study of the entire space universe as a whole. It looks really promising.
WOW, is a vision and both for use of the platform, but if something like this fits into the project to be welcomed in it, then let us think in this way, after all, it is still a scientific project seeking funding and support
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:13:56 AM

WOW, is a vision and both for use of the platform, but if something like this fits into the project to be welcomed in it, then let us think in this way, after all, it is still a scientific project seeking funding and support

I dont think this field will benefit so much from this platform since you really need vast amount of money for space research. I am thinking more about smaller projects and team which starts from zero.

loup

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:07:59 AM

I dont think this field will benefit so much from this platform since you really need vast amount of money for space research. I am thinking more about smaller projects and team which starts from zero.
Indeed, big scientific projects need so really big amounts of money that just goverments can afford. This platform is for smaller projects.
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:44:45 AM

Indeed, big scientific projects need so really big amounts of money that just goverments can afford. This platform is for smaller projects.

I think even bigger projects can be crowdfunded on blockchain if the roadmap and idea is executed well.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

I think even bigger projects can be crowdfunded on blockchain if the roadmap and idea is executed well.

Well, crowdfunding sites are usually focusing on smaller projects since the amount of money raised is usually not that huge compared to government funded projects so i would think we will see more small companies or individuals applying to scientificcoin.

loup

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:57:40 AM

The question that arises is that normally an  important amount is needed to fund this type of project and I do not know if they will be able to get so much money through this system.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:54:39 AM

The question that arises is that normally an  important amount is needed to fund this type of project and I do not know if they will be able to get so much money through this system.
Maybe the dev foresee a untap market in this kind of project. Let's wait and see
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:55:35 AM

Maybe the investors don't need to fund 100% of the project.For example, a project already has 1M USD in funding but they need 1.5M USD. they could use the platform to raise 500k.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:56:11 AM

The projects that apply for funding give detailed descriptions including citations of peer reviewed papers on the platform.

Mostly, these are very specific and well defined science implementations for technological applications.

There are project proposals on there like this:

Transformer for contact welding with ceramic wire insulation

Synchronous motor on permanent magnets for aircrafts

X-ray lens based on reflection effect

Neutron production method

X-ray lithographic template and method for production thereof

System for generating neutron beam

Agent for neutralizing smallpox virus

Method for lung cancer diagnosis

just open up an account and check them out:

https://scientificcoin.io/login

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: