Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509631 times)
brammien

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

brammien, we only control our own funds. We cannot possibly exert control over millions of dollars. It is a decentralized currency. we are an investment group. We control our funds which we are currently using to help everyone as much as possible. You have caused us to rethink the use of the term foundation because it is clearly causing a lot of issues. We are an investment group. That is all. I think some people have been led astray as to what we can and cannot do.

Okay, so if you are an investment group, then will the investment group be tweeting, facebook, social media under the official blackcoin, or under another name? If your just an investment group, then that's fine, but should not be overlapping of the official pages, with investment groups pages. Like we as investment group support or don't support something is okay, but we as blackcoin foundation don't is then shown as official.

I'm okay personally with investment group, but not under official title representing the coin. If this group does well and helps coin, great. If not, then it's only investment group and not under tile of anything else. I just believe there should not be conflicting interest. I'd hope Soekip is NOT part of this group, since he's now representing the coin as figurehead. That would be huge conflict of interest.

Hum...why is an investment group seeking donations from the community?

You're an investor. Why are you seeking donations from the community?

An investment group is a group of investors. It's what you are, only in plural.

I imagine in this case, the investment group came up with an idea that required funding. They figured they could bear half of the cost themselves and then went to the community to seek donations from those who agree that the idea is worth investing in.

I thought you said you would start fresh this week and stop with the attacks?

That wasn't an attack at all, and if it appeared that way I sincerely apologize.

As for me... yes I am an investor but I am not asking the community to invest in something similar to a "hedge fund". I am asking the community to donate to projects that are community based. I have no problems letting someone else from my area help with any project I am a part of.

Iconic I don't understand why you personally have to try to misdirect and twist every single thing some one says. You know it's not a hedge fund, it's a group of people seeking to promote the coin. This should make you happy, but the fact that you are stomping your feet and making a fuss is clear you have only self interests in mind. We had never once ever said anything bad about your campaigns, or your goblack website. But you are just on here full of venom spite, and a disturbing obsession with convoluting the message and taking control of it. People who act like that in my eyes do not act in the interest of the coin, and it should raise warning flags for any body who is so obsessed with destroying the efforts of others, completely unprovoked.

Please read my previous post. I can understand your frustration, and if my use of "Hedge Fund" in some way offended you I am sorry. That was not my intention at all. I used "Hedge Fund" because a group of people pool their money together for an investment or investments. In this case it is to promote BlackCoin. So in essence it is similar to a hedge fund because part of promoting BC increase the value of everyone's portfolio, including mine.

It's also implied that they actually hold on to their investments and expect a direct return. If the foundation was buying and holding BC and expecting a profit, calling it a hedge fund would be completely accurate. However these people are donating their money, and are not expecting a direct return, other than wider adoption of the coin.

Basically the foundation has 2 main tasks, protect the Blockchain and make sure that EVERYONES BlackCoin's remain safe from attacks-- this is the foremost concern of the foundation. The secondary task is promoting the worldwide adoption of BlackCoin, through relationships, partnerships, merchant adoption/courting/information and media promotions.

Foundation membership will be opened up to any one interested in joining, once we have the infrastructure in place to handle that. This infrastructure does not happen over night, and we have already started work on it. Most if not all transparency concerns will be addressed on the official website, as well as discuss our mission statement and talk about who we are (as members) and what we do.

See you proved my point. The official connection between investment group/foundation and the official representation of Blackcoin. You might as well come right out and be honest now, these are two in the same.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amigdala

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:10:11 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been a crypto holder/trader since the BTC bubble last November, and a BC holder for about a month. I have previously invested in and traded a bunch of altcoins, though never really got involved in the community. BC, on the other hand, has been different for me from the day one I got involved. I felt there was something different about this coin and community, and I believe BC really has the potential to go far. I currently hold around 11k BC, have already donated to two causes, and have by now also decided to get an account on this forum so I can also chip in with my two cents in addition to following the BC thread on a daily basis.

I hope this message also serves as a wake-up call to some; there are a bunch of BC holders out there who follow here even if they don't actively contribute to the discussions. And there are at least that many more potential investors who are looking at promising altcoins to get on board with. As has been eloquently explained by countless members of the community already, what has been happening here for the past few days has not exactly been benefiting the community, nor has it been putting a good image and sending a positive message to those people watching BC from afar.

I, for one, am glad to see both parties have by now explained they have no intentions of carrying on with this quarrel. As a new member of this community and BC fan who is contemplating investing even more into BC, I would really appreciate it if this word was indeed kept, and the reciprocal hostility was brought to an end. Remember, actions speak louder than words. And we are all individuals with a certain level of intelligence, able to decide for ourselves. I will continue to donate to causes I personally deem worthy; thereby doing my part to help BC get to where I believe it can.

I'm in crypto because I believe in its future, and I trust being on board at this stage will make me some handsome returns on the long run. I suspect many others share similar sentiments. Let's not lose sight of this. So, as a newcomer, I kindly ask you all, let's stop the harmful segregation and direct our energy and efforts into some more constructive and meaningful. I look forward to collaborating with many of you.

Long live BlackCoin!

morituri13

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:10:58 PM

Brammien, it seems you are under the misconception that soepkip is the founder of BC. This is not true. He is a community member just as you are. He is actively working towards helping BC grow and to that end people go to him with ideas and suggestions. Others around him also came up with their own ideas. These people eventually found each other and formed a group so noone was working on the same thing, and funding was going to the best places. We have been here for at least 2 months and we have not killed the coin yet. Quite the contrary.Smiley
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

lots of good news, articles, new exchanges...
one would expect that to give the price a little boost and instead some annoying assclown is slowly dumping for now 12 hours. Hope his mum sends him to bed soon.

eMiz0r

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:12:30 PM

brammien, we only control our own funds. We cannot possibly exert control over millions of dollars. It is a decentralized currency. we are an investment group. We control our funds which we are currently using to help everyone as much as possible. You have caused us to rethink the use of the term foundation because it is clearly causing a lot of issues. We are an investment group. That is all. I think some people have been led astray as to what we can and cannot do.

Okay, so if you are an investment group, then will the investment group be tweeting, facebook, social media under the official blackcoin, or under another name? If your just an investment group, then that's fine, but should not be overlapping of the official pages, with investment groups pages. Like we as investment group support or don't support something is okay, but we as blackcoin foundation don't is then shown as official.

I'm okay personally with investment group, but not under official title representing the coin. If this group does well and helps coin, great. If not, then it's only investment group and not under tile of anything else. I just believe there should not be conflicting interest. I'd hope Soekip is NOT part of this group, since he's now representing the coin as figurehead. That would be huge conflict of interest.

Hum...why is an investment group seeking donations from the community?

You're an investor. Why are you seeking donations from the community?

An investment group is a group of investors. It's what you are, only in plural.

I imagine in this case, the investment group came up with an idea that required funding. They figured they could bear half of the cost themselves and then went to the community to seek donations from those who agree that the idea is worth investing in.

I thought you said you would start fresh this week and stop with the attacks?

That wasn't an attack at all, and if it appeared that way I sincerely apologize.

As for me... yes I am an investor but I am not asking the community to invest in something similar to a "hedge fund". I am asking the community to donate to projects that are community based. I have no problems letting someone else from my area help with any project I am a part of.

Iconic I don't understand why you personally have to try to misdirect and twist every single thing some one says. You know it's not a hedge fund, it's a group of people seeking to promote the coin. This should make you happy, but the fact that you are stomping your feet and making a fuss is clear you have only self interests in mind. We had never once ever said anything bad about your campaigns, or your goblack website. But you are just on here full of venom spite, and a disturbing obsession with convoluting the message and taking control of it. People who act like that in my eyes do not act in the interest of the coin, and it should raise warning flags for any body who is so obsessed with destroying the efforts of others, completely unprovoked.

Please read my previous post. I can understand your frustration, and if my use of "Hedge Fund" in some way offended you I am sorry. That was not my intention at all. I used "Hedge Fund" because a group of people pool their money together for an investment or investments. In this case it is to promote BlackCoin. So in essence it is similar to a hedge fund because part of promoting BC increase the value of everyone's portfolio, including mine.

Like! Some love in the air.

We all make mistakes. I did it @ work today and I know it's gonna bite me in the ass coming days. We all do something wrong some day in our lives. Learn from it and try to do a better job next time. There is no "good" or "wrong", people make decisions based on their own calculations about the information they have at that time.

What I'm trying to say: we all should look in the mirror some day and don't be scared to agree we've made a wrong accusation for whatever reason. No problem, shit happens! Lets move on, learn from it and make this a better world.

We don't suffer from cancer (as far as I know) or some other nasty disease, but we all only try to make BlackCoin the better coin out of all the scams out there. We all have the same interests in the end, so try to live with eachother Smiley
dafrank9

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:13:11 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been a crypto holder/trader since the BTC bubble last November, and a BC holder for about a month. I have previously invested in and traded a bunch of altcoins, though never really got involved in the community. BC, on the other hand, has been different for me from the day one I got involved. I felt there was something different about this coin and community, and I believe BC really has the potential to go far. I currently hold around 11k BC, have already donated to two causes, and have by now also decided to get an account on this forum so I can also chip in with my two cents in addition to following the BC thread on a daily basis.

I hope this message also serves as a wake-up call to some; there are a bunch of BC holders out there who follow here even if they don't actively contribute to the discussions. And there are at least that many more potential investors who are looking at promising altcoins to get on board with. As has been eloquently explained by countless members of the community already, what has been happening here for the past few days has not exactly been benefiting the community, nor has it been putting a good image and sending a positive message to those people watching BC from afar.

I, for one, am glad to see both parties have by now explained they have no intentions of carrying on with this quarrel. As a new member of this community and BC fan who is contemplating investing even more into BC, I would really appreciate it if this word was indeed kept, and the reciprocal hostility was brought to an end. Remember, actions speak louder than words. And we are all individuals with a certain level of intelligence, able to decide for ourselves. I will continue to donate to causes I personally deem worthy; thereby doing my part to help BC get to where I believe it can.

I'm in crypto because I believe in its future, and I trust being on board at this stage will make me some handsome returns on the long run. I suspect many others share similar sentiments. Let's not lose sight of this. So, as a newcomer, I kindly ask you all, let's stop the harmful segregation and direct our energy and efforts into some more constructive and meaningful. I look forward to collaborating with many of you.

Long live BlackCoin!

x100000
morituri13

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:14:10 PM

Thank you for your post amigdala. From the look of it you will be a valuable member here.

I have been operating under the belief that I have had a calming effect on the forums for the past day or so but if that is not the case (please let me know) I will adjust my methods.

Thanks, again, for the critique!
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:16:05 PM

Since when is this forum a chatbox for drama? Why don't you use a pm for this? A bit silly to argue like this don't you guys think? Very childish behavior also.

There is a good book I can recommend you to read, it helps you to leave your ego at the door.

A new world by eckhard tolle.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:16:26 PM

We have been here for at least 2 months and we have not killed the coin yet. Quite the contrary.Smiley

You don't want yet coming after killed Smiley
morituri13

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:17:22 PM

Good find IE:)
morituri13

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:18:29 PM

We have been here for at least 2 months and we have not killed the coin yet. Quite the contrary.Smiley

You don't want yet coming after killed Smiley

That's foundation plan 2.0!
acseric

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:19:16 PM

Keep things positive everyone.  Think how much could be accomplished if you tried to do something to actually promote Blackcoin instead of bitching about everything here.

I would love nothing better than having 100 "investment groups" working to increase the value of Blackcoin.

There are litterally 100s of cancer foundations, all working for a cure.  You dont see them complaining about each other - they all have a common goal.  

Everyone here should have the same agenda (promoting blackcoin / increasing the value of blackcoin)

Lets light this candle!
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 05:21:05 PM

I just love how you guys come across as legit concerns are attacking members. I've never said Soekip has not done a lot here, he has. We can't have a group here controlling this coin, it's decentralized, and that's the point of cryptos. Sorry if this offends you.

I'm sure if you truly think about it, you can see the logic in separation of powers and interests here. We don't need backdoor deals and people coming working officially for official coin social media also representing like they are from the foundation too.

If this throws a wrench in your plans, I'm sorry, but maybe you should have thought about this before looking to take control of the coin and consolidate your power over decisions.
Im no expert but how are we supposed to move forward without a foundation, I know Bitcoin has had their foundation since the start. I think everybody is doing their little bit to get BC on the map. I applaud everybody!
I'm sorry to disappoint you but...
It was founded in September 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_Foundation

Also guys, note this
Who are the people behind this?
Learn about our founders ›
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/board/
See? Real names over there.

Since when is this forum a chatbox for drama? Why don't you use a pm for this? A bit silly to argue like this don't you guys think? Very childish behavior also.

There is a good book I can recommend you to read, it helps you to leave your ego at the door.

A new world by eckhard tolle.
I do not agree. It's one of core ideas discussed here - The Foundation. It should be done publicly IMO.
If they'd call it The BlackCoin Group - there would be nothing to discuss I guess. Wink

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
morituri13

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:23:16 PM

If they'd call it The BlackCoin Group - there would be nothing to discuss I guess. Wink

There are serious discussions going on about renaming it.. I cannot speak to what will happen but your points have not fallen on deaf ears as has been suggested.
amigdala

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:24:32 PM

Thank you for your post amigdala. From the look of it you will be a valuable member here.

I have been operating under the belief that I have had a calming effect on the forums for the past day or so but if that is not the case (please let me know) I will adjust my methods.

Thanks, again, for the critique!

Thank you for your kind words morituri13. I really appreciate the compromising tone in your message and believe this is exactly the sort of attitude we need, especially from the well known and respected members of the community.

As you can imagine, it was not my intention to point the finger at you or anyone in particular. I just wanted to drop a line to introduce myself and say hi, and perhaps remind what I believe we all need to keep in mind at these turbulent times.

Once again, thank you for your message.
negamus

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 05:25:54 PM

Quote from: Brammien
So, waiting to hear from Soekip on here, is he involved in this investment group? Is he not? If so, who does official tweets for Blackcoin now, and other social media? Hopefully not investment group. If Soekip is involved, i would hope community would expect him to step down immediately from either group or representation of the coin.

Lets get some transparency here, who is right now running the official BC social media, and if so, are they involved with investment group?

This thread is becoming more ridiculous every day. Let's put the shoe on the other foot. How about we get some transparency from Iconic? I myself paid for a Blackcoin card. I want to know exactly how much of what I paid will be his personal profit. I honestly didn't care about this until today, but as you people are so dead set on transparency when it doesn't apply to you, let's go there.

I don't see where anyone has said that the Blackcoin Foundation will be taking a profit from donations.

A group of investors brought together = investment group. That is what the foundation is.

Iconic and the Foundation are exactly the same thing, just one is a singular person, the other is a group of people who have decided to work together.

Iconic will be taking some sort of profits from his Blackcoin Cards and no-one has kicked up a fuss about this (Why should they, people need to make a living too), yet when the Foundation pre-raise money for a venture and then ask for some donations which AFAIK will all go to the projects, they get shit for it from the same people making money off of donations simply over what? jealously? vying for control over a community owned resource?

What is to stop someone thinking that Iconic is in a position of solitary power due to all of the advertising work he is doing? Nothing. Anyone that steps forward and takes the mantle of responsibility onto themselves is going to be approached and followed by people in some way, it's just natural.

Iconic and Foundation are not the same thing. If Iconic says an assanine comment, that's Iconic being an ass. If the foundation makes an assanine comment as the foundation, it becomes an official comment of BC, similar to what Gritt made. As a foundation, they control the direction of BC. As an investment group, I would think it's priority is maximizing gains. I'm not a big fan of foundations, as I went through the WDC mess, but if we must have one, IMO, a foundation member should be someone like Soepkip, Rat4; someone who holds BC, but not a huge amount. There would not be a conflict of interest. Those who hold very large amounts of BC, currently in the foundation can maybe be called something different, something like BCIG, BlackCoin Investment Group. That way if someone makes an uncalled for statement, it's not seen as officially from BlackCoin itself.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
acseric

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

There are serious discussions going on about renaming it.. I cannot speak to what will happen but your points have not fallen on deaf ears as has been suggested.

When you are done using the Blackcoin Foundation name can I have the name???  

Then all of my cool posts will be official and stuff
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
amigdala

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:30:49 PM

This.

If it was called something else, I guess most of these problems would just naturally be eliminated. Many people seem to have varying degree of concerns about how the current name/entity suggests "the Foundation" is an official organ of the BlackCoin, and also find it difficult to distinguish the dev team from this group of investors. In reality, as far as I understand, what they are aspiring to do is not really any different than efforts put forward by IE or any other member of the community. Smiley
morituri13

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:31:17 PM

acseric, If we do change the name we'll have quite a few domain names to sell you.Smiley
Arigard

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:35:34 PM

Quote from: Iconic
Thank you for your questions and I can also understand why you can view it as a double standard. Please understand not every question from me or others are attempts at attention but legitimate questions. In regards to your question, although a private company is not required to disclose profits, I would be more than happy to share that information with you. After manufacturing, packaging, community donation ($1 per card), and worldwide shipping, my profit is roughly $5-$7 depending on the country I am shipping.

Thank you for the clarity!

I actually am 100% for you getting something out of your campaign and always have been. I don't and nobody should expect anyone to put so much time into anything without at least covering their time and expenses.

Keep things positive everyone.  Think how much could be accomplished if you tried to do something to actually promote Blackcoin instead of bitching about everything here.

I would love nothing better than having 100 "investment groups" working to increase the value of Blackcoin.

There are litterally 100s of cancer foundations, all working for a cure.  You dont see them complaining about each other - they all have a common goal.  

Everyone here should have the same agenda (promoting blackcoin / increasing the value of blackcoin)

Lets light this candle!

Amen to this. The best thing that can happen for Blackcoin is for everyone to be thinking up campaigns, forming their own groups and bringing ideas to the table.

Quote from: brammien
See you proved my point. The official connection between investment group/foundation and the official representation of Blackcoin. You might as well come right out and be honest now, these are two in the same.

There is no official connection. There is no official anything. Everyone who is in a position, has either done so because they took the initiative themselves, or because the community tasked them to do it. You keep bringing up the same invalid point. Nobody owns Blackcoin, nobody is the official face of Blackcoin, not the Foundation, not Iconic, not Soepkip. NOBODY. You could call yourself the 'No.1 Official Blackcoin Ownership Group' and it still wouldn't make it true. The Foundation is simply an early front-runner group that has come together to bash ideas around and pool their efforts into the same things. Who is to say in a year there will not be more 'Foundations?', nothing.

If renaming the group sorts out the issues, then rename it. I honestly think these issues go deeper than the name however. But if it stops this unnecessary bickering, then do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE
Pages: « 1 ... 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: