Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509652 times)
z3r0

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 09:02:18 AM

Hello BlackCoin Community

As the BlackCoin Foundation we have worked hard in the past weeks and I am proud to present to the community at large one of our most ambitious fundraising ventures to date. As most of you know, BlackCoin is a phenomenal alternative cryptocurrency with substantial REAL advantages over its competitors. We are a greener, faster, coin that is ready for retail adoption and worldwide use… Only the world doesn't know this... That is hopefully about to change…

BlackCoin will be the first CryptoCurrency to hire a legitimate, brick and mortar, Public Relations Firm!

For several weeks the BlackCoin Foundation has been engaging PR firms in order to find one with the right technical expertise to help promote BlackCoin through various target media (think wired.com, theverge, wsj, financial times, and social media as well). After much deliberation we have decided on a company and are in the process of finalizing things contractually speaking. We are not going to release the PR firm's name until things are finalized, but they have a great deal of experience and are truly excited to be working with us. You will not be disappointed.

BlackCoin is Bitcoin 2.0. But spreading this message comes at significant cost. In order to secure a 90 day PR campaign (with options to retain services month to month after the initial 90 day period) the foundation has already raised over $15,000 USD! This has got the ball rolling, but we need help from the community! To finish paying for this venture we need the community to help raise an additional $15,000 USD.

The funds raised by the Foundation have allowed us to get things started, and over the next few days and weeks we will providing more and more information about the strategy, including key messages and timelines. Our strategy meetings will be 100% transparent and we will be updating the community about our every move. In the meantime, we need two things:

1.) Come up with suggestions! We have a powerful PR firm to bounce ideas off of and now is the time to brainstorm. What do you think is an important message? What is an important venue? Give us anything and everything you got, but please do your best to list your ideas in a concise and coherent manner.
2.) Please donate to the addresses below! This is a monumental and revolutionary undertaking that could very well shape the cryptocurrency landscape for years to come. Every little bit helps!

Linked below is a very high-level and preliminary overview that the PR firm provided to us in our most recent conference call. Some information has been redacted and the formatting has been altered (worsened) due to proprietary images (e.g. anything that could identify the PR Firm).

The Plan

The cryptocurrency world is having trouble competing with BlackCoin as is… With a capable and professional PR firm on our side, the sky is the limit.

Thanks and please donate today!
BC: BTfqh99d8DcKWrd4hFYLR7D2bAYDdAKV3Q    
BTC: 1MAGvdGMCAaJysMBgA5uFRBUFQ25AkUWQV    
LTC: LSGPviYMYmgF2RiXVuXG1U4iVz3drk3JvR  
Doge: DNkmhknWWx6ogrHaTy9X2SLft9ouwhCNs1    
Make sure to check the addresses in the original post!

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Paypal: Donate with Paypal

Live Bitcoin and Crypto News From Around The World
Free Trading Signals - Twitter: @saintcrypto
jfnail

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:09:37 AM

volume on mintpal is fake Huh

24 Hr Volume
1686.128 BTC  BC/btc

TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:13:41 AM

Also just on the general topic of personal attacks, and to squash any beef and put a stop to some of this FUD (for the sake of BC's market cap if nothing else.)

Like I said, and have stated before, I do live in NY -- I have appeared in person before at the NY Cryptocon, and I am not hiding my face or identity. If certain people have concerns (we all know who I am talking about) they can contact me and I will be more than happy to meet with them in person and discuss any issues they may have face to face (obviously in a well lit public place like a Starbucks or something.) Although I do not run the foundation, I know the members of it, I have known them since the BC experiment began, I will vouch for every last one of them. If this is a wise move or not I honestly and truly don't know. I just want the BS to end, and I want to get back to focusing on what really matters. I have made my public statement on reddit before, I'm not gonna relink it as I don't care to strike up any more arguing and or FUD. If you truly care, you can find it, I did not distinguish it because I was speaking personally and from the heart and not on an official capacity.

I have personally sunk thousands of my own dollars to fund my engineers, although pool fees help alleviate some of those costs, they don't come anywhere near covering them entirely. We are building something really unique, and something I so wholeheartedly believe in, that I am willing to drain my own savings. I have always been extremely hesitant of asking for donations from the community, you can ask hundreds of people who have attempted to donate, and I have politely declined. I believe in what I am building, I believe in this community, and I also believe in the crypto currency revolution. I do not ask anything of the community other than to look listen and learn with us, as we trail blaze this new frontier. I am full believer in the saying that a rising a tide lifts all boats-- every achievement we have as a community and every endeavor to raise the platform is what's going to make us powerful, and really make us a contender with bitcoin. In fighting and credit seeking will only make us seem greedy and foolish.

That being said, I whole heartedly believe in the foundation, because with out the people that now form the foundation (it's like 20 or more people now I think, and is open to any one with a positive attitude and resources to help advance the BlackCoin cause) we would not be where we are today, and although not one single person can take credit for BC's super star success, it is very clear to me and to the people who pay attention to these things carefully, that it's been a core group of people since the beginning donating their time, money (and I mean a lot of money) to help further the cause and increase everyones investments. These people give, give and give and it honestly breaks my heart to see them being harpooned and gutted on the forums, by the same people who are directly benefitting from their actions. These same generous wonderful people are now receiving death threats, and the scorn of some very negative members of the community-- to those people I say shame on you.

I don't know what more I can say, or if this is even worth posting, at the end of the day people will think what they want to think, and it's their goddamn right to do so.
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:19:18 AM

As the BlackCoin Foundation we have worked hard in the past weeks and I am proud to present to the community at large one of our most ambitious fundraising ventures to date. As most of you know, BlackCoin is a phenomenal alternative cryptocurrency with substantial REAL advantages over its competitors. We are a greener, faster, coin that is ready for retail adoption and worldwide use… Only the world doesn't know this... That is hopefully about to change…

BlackCoin will be the first CryptoCurrency to hire a legitimate, brick and mortar, Public Relations Firm!

For several weeks the BlackCoin Foundation has been engaging PR firms in order to find one with the right technical expertise to help promote BlackCoin through various target media (think wired.com, theverge, wsj, financial times, and social media as well). After much deliberation we have decided on a company and are in the process of finalizing things contractually speaking. We are not going to release the PR firm's name until things are finalized, but they have a great deal of experience and are truly excited to be working with us. You will not be disappointed.

BlackCoin is Bitcoin 2.0. But spreading this message comes at significant cost. In order to secure a 90 day PR campaign (with options to retain services month to month after the initial 90 day period) the foundation has already raised over $15,000 USD! This has got the ball rolling, but we need help from the community! To finish paying for this venture we need the community to help raise an additional $15,000 USD.

The funds raised by the Foundation have allowed us to get things started, and over the next few days and weeks we will providing more and more information about the strategy, including key messages and timelines. Our strategy meetings will be 100% transparent and we will be updating the community about our every move. In the meantime, we need two things:

1.) Come up with suggestions! We have a powerful PR firm to bounce ideas off of and now is the time to brainstorm. What do you think is an important message? What is an important venue? Give us anything and everything you got, but please do your best to list your ideas in a concise and coherent manner.
2.) Please donate to the addresses below! This is a monumental and revolutionary undertaking that could very well shape the cryptocurrency landscape for years to come. Every little bit helps!

Linked below is a very high-level and preliminary overview that the PR firm provided to us in our most recent conference call. Some information has been redacted and the formatting has been altered (worsened) due to proprietary images (e.g. anything that could identify the PR Firm).

The Plan

The cryptocurrency world is having trouble competing with BlackCoin as is… With a capable and professional PR firm on our side, the sky is the limit.

WE NOW HAVE: 4585$ Donated!

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:20:17 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 09:54:12 AM by Subtuppel

volume on mintpal is fake Huh

24 Hr Volume
1686.128 BTC  BC/btc
quick, back to your AC && WC scam coins!
we had a peak of almost 9000 BTC/24 h already.

Luxasd

Activity: 504
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:22:17 AM

When do we get the name of the company?
Subtuppel

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:29:04 AM

These people give, give and give and it honestly breaks my heart to see them being harpooned and gutted on the forums, by the same people who are directly benefitting from their actions. These same generous wonderful people are now receiving death threats, and the scorn of some very negative members of the community-- to those people I say shame on you.
I agree with a lot of your post, BUT:

"Giving and giving" is one thing. Acting like a total jackass just because one feels "untouchable" as one of the "patrons" is not tolerable.
These generous people you are talking about produced dupe account after dupe account yesterday, initiatedd polls that IE should sell his coins, one of the podcast guys urged him to do so many times... you can put as much money into this as you like, but such actions destroy all credit someone deserves.

Its not as if I always agreed with was IE did/does and he does certainly need to step down in his reactions, but what these people did yesterday did hit absolute rock bottom and lacked any kind of decency.

gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:29:07 AM

The Plan

WE NOW HAVE: 4585$ Donated!

+1 and Donation
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:31:11 AM

These people give, give and give and it honestly breaks my heart to see them being harpooned and gutted on the forums, by the same people who are directly benefitting from their actions. These same generous wonderful people are now receiving death threats, and the scorn of some very negative members of the community-- to those people I say shame on you.

"Giving and giving" is one thing. Acting like a total jackass just because one feels "untouchable" as one of the "patrons" is not tolerable.
These generous people you are talking about produced dupe account after dupe account yesterday, initiatedd polls that IE should sell his coins, one of the podcast guys urged him to do so many times... you can put as much money into this as you like, but such actions destroy all credit someone deserves.

Its not as if I always agreed with was IE did/does and he does certainly need to step down in his reactions, but what these people did yesterday did hit absolute rock bottom and lacked any kind of decency.

These generous people produced dupe account after dupe account yesterday...

Prove it.

I dont know who the fuck these guys were/ are, and what they have done or tried to do has been childish.

But I won't believe for a second that these dupe accounts are the same as these generous people.

So, please prove it, if you are making such a claim Smiley

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Luxasd

Activity: 504
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:34:42 AM

I agree 100%, especially that Wizguy was kinda disgusting.
Doesn't matter now though, let's donate to all Blackcoin projects and bring Blackcoin ahead.
Subtuppel

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:35:36 AM

Prove it.

I dont know who the fuck these guys were/ are, and what they have done or tried to do has been childish.

But I won't believe for a second that these dupe accounts are the same as these generous people.

hard to prove it since i am not an admin here.

but lots of newly registered accounts, all attacking one person with their first post, one of them even providing screenshots from several weeks old threads from other coins as first action?
C'mon, you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to see what happened there.

I am an admin in several forums for almost 2 decades now, private ones but also in forums up to 50k users. I'm not that easy to fool.

maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:39:33 AM

Prove it.

but lots of newly registered accounts, all attacking one person with their first post, one of them even providing screenshots from several weeks old threads from other coins as first action?

Well, I know some/ most of the "generous guys", and I am sure it was not any of them doing this.

And I really hope it wasn't them. It's no use talking/ thinking about it without proof.

You've been around for a while, and I've read all your posts. I'm pretty sure you are on the same page as those "generous guys".

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:40:44 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 11:33:21 AM by valarmg

3.- Let's be clear. And perhaps someone is going to explain to me in 10 words or less how wrong I am. BlackCoin is a Litecoin clone, with a gorgeous logo. Basically. A copy of a model (PoS) that was made public over 2 years ago (Nova) mixed with some other algos and of which there are at least 10 identical clones already out there and about 100 (a day) coming out. So, first of all and before we try the spend quite a bit of resources, why not getting to the basics? What the fuck is BlackCoin? Oh we are "fast", I get that... but isn't UltraCoin actually FASTER than BC? How much faster than LTC is BC? That is a claim that has to be true or it will backfire. But, lets assume, as some pretend, that BC is the fastest crypto in existence, how long is that claim going to remain true? Is it something we can base the "selling" of the coin on? I don't believe so. What else? Is it more secure, the most secure? How. In layman words -we are pretending to sell this to laymen, right?-. Are we a "holder of wealth" like someone has pointed, "for the wealthy"? How? with 1% annually that is exceeded by every other alto in the market? I really want the answers here, not at all trying to be negative. Exactly, in a very few words that everyone can understand, why is BC "the shit". The shit that merits public recognition through outrageous Wall Street marches and costly PR engagements determined by people of whom we know absolutely nothing about and masquerading as "The Foundation", all with an incredible craving for the coin to get to much higher prices in the exchanges and no substantial plan to actually grow it into something a small segment of the regular population will actually use some day. Picture me skeptical but all this seems designed only for the purpose of quickly -very quickly, 90 days or less- capitalize on an investment at whatever expense INCLUDING the future of the coin.

I think you are wrong about the technical merits of the coin. Bitcoin is suffering from the limitations of PoW, and PoS solves them to create a superior coin. Peercoin is deliberately slow and expensive, they want to discourage easy transactions. Nxt is closed source, premined, and thus doesn't have a strong community behind it. So there was a void in the market for a PoS coin which could truly compete with bitcoin and rat4 addressed it with blackcoin. It launched in a widespread manner, getting many motivated individuals interested, creating a community and momentum. This has created the perfect storm from which a true PoS competitor to bitcoin can develop.

Being opensource, the technical merits of the coin can be copied (as can be seen by the clone market). What can't be copied is the network effect. That is what blackcoin needs to generate right now above anything. For this it needs marketing. It needs people who missed the boat on bitcoin to think they have a chance to get in on blackcoin early (And I don't mean the pump and dump crowd). It needs people who dislike the PoW flaws in bitcoin to discover blackcoin. Of course, the technical aspects of the coin continue to need to be addressed to ensure it's secure.

Bitcoins had years of headstart in gaining a network effect advantage. Because there are so many altcoins around, blackcoin has a hard job to push itself out from the crowd. It has come so far in two months, but it needs to keep it up, or another PoS altcoin will take up the mantle. Since the community is essential to the coins success, the division in this thread is a cancer that could kill blackcoin. Having IE spearheading a marketing effort and Soepkip spearheading a different marketing effort is fantastic. Having them at odds with each other is undoing all their past and future good work.

The reasons blackcoin is different from all the other altcoins, the reason that blackcoin has a great chance to at least be the top altcoin is not clearly and obviously being communicated. (That's clear from the paragraph above that I quoted.) I think that's why a PR company could be great, if they help harness the disparate information about blackcoin and focus it into a few key points or messages. Then broadcast the key messages to the wider world and have a series of blogs or articles on the website (for those who come to learn more) that explain why blackcoin is the superior choice over the other altcoins and over bitcoin. If the PR company is used well, then blackcoin will still have the advantage of a focused and clear message about what blackcoin is even after the 3 months is up.

Subtuppel

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:48:33 AM

Prove it.

Well, I know some/ most of the "generous guys", and I am sure it was not any of them doing this.

And I really hope it wasn't them. It's no use talking/ thinking about it without proof.

You've been around for a while, and I've read all your posts. I'm pretty sure you are on the same page as those "generous guys".
well, at least "the guy who jumped into the pool" was amongst them (and probably conducting the whole thing).
I think someone who feels entitled to represent "us" should be able to deal with (even a bit overdone or unjustified) criticism instead of going tilt and lead a lynch mob to a forum.

anyways, enough of that, i wholeheartedly hope that things cool down and everybody stays calm now.

As many here i feel we should do as many projects as we can handle/fund, there is no need to talk anything down.

If one of us thinks that something is a good idea, there is absolutely no reason why people "outside" should not like it, and even if it are only few that's still way better than zero/doing nothing.

gpools

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:49:04 AM

3.- Let's be clear. And perhaps someone is going to explain to me in 10 words or less how wrong I am. BlackCoin is a Litecoin clone, with a gorgeous logo. Basically. A copy of a model (PoS) that was made public over 2 years ago (Nova) mixed with some other algos and of which there are at least 10 identical clones already out there and about 100 (a day) coming out. So, first of all and before we try the spend quite a bit of resources, why not getting to the basics? What the fuck is BlackCoin? Oh we are "fast", I get that... but isn't UltraCoin actually FASTER than BC? How much faster than LTC is BC? That is a claim that has to be true or it will backfire. But, lets assume, as some pretend, that BC is the fastest crypto in existence, how long is that claim going to remain true? Is it something we can base the "selling" of the coin on? I don't believe so. What else? Is it more secure, the most secure? How. In layman words -we are pretending to sell this to laymen, right?-. Are we a "holder of wealth" like someone has pointed, "for the wealthy"? How? with 1% annually that is exceeded by every other alto in the market? I really want the answers here, not at all trying to be negative. Exactly, in a very few words that everyone can understand, why is BC "the shit". The shit that merits public recognition through outrageous Wall Street marches and costly PR engagements determined by people of whom we know absolutely nothing about and masquerading as "The Foundation", all with an incredible craving for the coin to get to much higher prices in the exchanges and no substantial plan to actually grow it into something a small segment of the regular population will actually use some day. Picture me skeptical but all this seems designed only for the purpose of quickly -very quickly, 90 days or less- capitalize on an investment at whatever expense INCLUDING the future of the coin.

I think you are wrong about the technical merits of the coin. Bitcoin is suffering from the limitations of PoW, and PoS solves them to create a superior coin. Peercoin is deliberately slow and expensive, they don't want discourage easy transactions. Nxt is closed source, premined, and thus doesn't have a strong community behind it. So there was a void in the market for a PoS coin which could truly compete with bitcoin and rat4 addressed it with blackcoin. It launched in a widespread manner, getting many motivated individuals interested, creating a community and momentum. This has created the perfect storm from which a true PoS competitor to bitcoin can develop.

Being opensource, the technical merits of the coin can be copied (as can be seen by the clone market). What can't be copied is the network effect. That is what blackcoin needs to generate right now above anything. For this it needs marketing. It needs people who missed the boat on bitcoin to think they have a chance to get in on blackcoin early (And I don't mean the pump and dump crowd). It needs people who dislike the PoW flaws in bitcoin to discover blackcoin. Of course, the technical aspects of the coin continue to need to be addressed to ensure it's secure.

Bitcoins had years of headstart in gaining a network effect advantage. Because there are so many altcoins around, blackcoin has a hard job to push itself out from the crowd. It has come so far in two months, but it needs to keep it up, or another PoS altcoin will take up the mantle. Since the community is essential to the coins success, the division in this thread is a cancer that could kill blackcoin. Having IE spearheading a marketing effort and Soepkip spearheading a different marketing effort is fantastic. Having them at odds with each other is undoing all their past and future good work.

The reasons blackcoin is different from all the other altcoins, the reason that blackcoin has a great chance to at least be the top altcoin is not clearly and obviously being communicated. (That's clear from the paragraph above that I quoted.) I think that's why a PR company could be great, if they help harness the disparate information about blackcoin and focus it into a few key points or messages. Then broadcast the key messages to the wider world and have a series of blogs or articles on the website (for those who come to learn more) that explain why blackcoin is the superior choice over the other altcoins and over bitcoin. If the PR company is used well, then blackcoin will still have the advantage of a focused and clear message about what blackcoin is even after the 3 months is up.

Yes , I Agree, thank you for post.
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:51:52 AM

The Plan

gpools

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:10:12 AM

The Plan

Please donation 2% total your coin help PR firm
fastminer

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:14:47 AM

the hottest new coin YIN coin and YANG coin
gpools

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:16:45 AM

Yin&Yang team dumped all WC to investor . Cheesy
draco71

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:18:03 AM

Don't tell me !!! I will dump all my BC immediately in order to buy them. I just don't know where to invest. On YIN or on YANG? Which one they will dump first ?  Tongue

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
Pages: « 1 ... 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: