R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
madbit1000

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:47:58 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 12:30:52 PM by madbit1000

Has there been any discussion on block halving or increasing block time? I think we have a little problem in that at this rate we are mining approximately 864 million coins per month. Add to that issue there has been very little PR, dumping has caused mining to become unprofitable for most so we have very few miners with big capacity mining nearly all of it.

The way I see it right now, not many coins are moving. By the time this first batch comes out little miners aren't going to stand a chance vs extremely large bagholders compounded with those who mine and dump holding the price down low.

I'm not holding a large bag just earning whatever my 5770 can pull and thinking about buying in, I just feel like if the devs shift over to PR phase and this coin gets added to bigger exchanges, we are going to watch a behemoth dump festival pushing the price even lower unless demand picks up to the point where people are willing to spend big dollars on nearly half a billion coins that could be dumped hard. We all know how hard it is to get out of the pits once a coin gets buried to 1 satoshi.

The way I see it at this point, it's either going to to be 5-10 high capacity miners buying up everything from the store, or exchange dumping to whoever will buy spreading the coin thin to the point where very few people actually have the coin required to make a purchase. I.E. at current rate it will take approximately 4 million GPU coin to afford a 290X, if we end up in the 1 satoshi graveyard, forget it. Even if those big players decide to buy the first shipment, the devs will need to dump the coins back in the market to raise funds for the next batch. Once again if there is not demand for the tens-hundreds of millions of coins being recirculated, prices will crash.

What I'm trying to say is we're going to need serious demand to hold this coin up if we put out a billion a month and ultimately the goal for both holders and the devs is for the price to go up. Higher market cap = larger shipments for the devs.. No demand for billions of coins, selling will drop the price, and things cascade. I think we can alleviate some of this stress by reducing the amount of coin entering the market on a daily basis (at least until demand rises up to meet it)

Just wondering what thoughts are on the matter

PR will come, you can not promote a half finished project. wait for the store front then the PR work can begin. Also lets just see what the GPU team have for us. I have a great idea but sitting on it for the time being and looking at creating my own coin that will do away with this problem. What i am amazed about is that i have tried to contact the gpu owner. but he has not replied to one of my emails. So either he is ignorant, which i can not see this being the case Or he is extremely busy or lost interest..

I dont want to poach people from here, thats just not me.. but watching closely on how this coin progresses.

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madbit1000

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:59:51 AM

Been away from this forum over the last few days. Does anyone know what happened regarding the store front beta, did this actually complete.

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:13:34 PM

Congrats on hitting a real exchange, Cryptorush. Looks like price is stable around 21satoshi.

You can source MSI 270's for $150USD right now (.22btc depending on rate) straight from manufcaturer reseller, and have it in 5 days. If my math is right, that's 1,047,619 GPUC at 21 satoshi.

Even at a low rate of electric like mine, it's still not 'profitable' to mine though. Hopefully the owner will have better pricing as he's promised. Everyone is anxious to see the store open so that the launch can be considered complete, and we'll see how things go!

lottohasher

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:48:51 PM

Been away from this forum over the last few days. Does anyone know what happened regarding the store front beta, did this actually complete.

screenshot of beta store front http://imgur.com/erDcS11
d4wn0ff473

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:40:08 PM

Has there been any discussion on block halving or increasing block time? I think we have a little problem in that at this rate we are mining approximately 864 million coins per month. Add to that issue there has been very little PR, dumping has caused mining to become unprofitable for most so we have very few miners with big capacity mining nearly all of it.

The way I see it right now, not many coins are moving. By the time this first batch comes out little miners aren't going to stand a chance vs extremely large bagholders compounded with those who mine and dump holding the price down low.

I'm not holding a large bag just earning whatever my 5770 can pull and thinking about buying in, I just feel like if the devs shift over to PR phase and this coin gets added to bigger exchanges, we are going to watch a behemoth dump festival pushing the price even lower unless demand picks up to the point where people are willing to spend big dollars on nearly half a billion coins that could be dumped hard. We all know how hard it is to get out of the pits once a coin gets buried to 1 satoshi.

The way I see it at this point, it's either going to to be 5-10 high capacity miners buying up everything from the store, or exchange dumping to whoever will buy spreading the coin thin to the point where very few people actually have the coin required to make a purchase. I.E. at current rate it will take approximately 4 million GPU coin to afford a 290X, if we end up in the 1 satoshi graveyard, forget it. Even if those big players decide to buy the first shipment, the devs will need to dump the coins back in the market to raise funds for the next batch. Once again if there is not demand for the tens-hundreds of millions of coins being recirculated, prices will crash.

What I'm trying to say is we're going to need serious demand to hold this coin up if we put out a billion a month and ultimately the goal for both holders and the devs is for the price to go up. Higher market cap = larger shipments for the devs.. No demand for billions of coins, selling will drop the price, and things cascade. I think we can alleviate some of this stress by reducing the amount of coin entering the market on a daily basis (at least until demand rises up to meet it)

from the website

Technical Specs:
PoW Algorithm: Scrypt-N
Retarget: Every block using KGW
Initial Block Reward: 20,000
Max Supply: 13.5 billion
Block Halving Rate: 250,000
vesperwillow

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:09:21 PM

If things continue at the same rate, first halving should occur within 45 days or so it seems.

d4wn0ff473

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:13:04 PM

If things continue at the same rate, first halving should occur within 45 days or so it seems.

what?! how do you suppose that we go from block  13032 to 250,000 in 45 days. We only hit 1440-1480 blocks a day. Its 160 days until it halves give or take a couple days.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:16:18 PM

from the website

Technical Specs:
Agreed, the blocks should half much sooner or just be reduced. 10,000/block would produce less coins, make them more valuable,
attract more miners, etc.  Besides, people would rather pay 100,000 gpu coins for a gpu then 2 Million.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

rizardus

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:19:35 PM

with that huge premine and 1 coins reward on first 2600 block u saying that faster having will be better for miner? omg Smiley
d4wn0ff473

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:23:50 PM

from the website

Technical Specs:
Agreed, the blocks should half much sooner or just be reduced. 10,000/block would produce less coins, make them more valuable,
attract more miners, etc.  Besides, people would rather pay 100,000 gpu coins for a gpu then 2 Million.

I was not making a point, I was merely pointing out the fact that it was already mentioned on the website. I find the halving rate to be perfectly fine. All your comment really pushes is that you want the early adopters to have a better chance at scooping up all the gpus then the people who pick up mining later. Having a halving rate like that would make the coin undesirable, plus the cap amount of the coin would be impossible to hit.
d4wn0ff473

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:56:42 PM

Thank you for gigantic red posting of block halving. That did not answer the question of discussing whether or not we are flooding the market. This isn't about early adopters, it's about having too many coins in circulation. Early adopters also aren't the ones who are going to profit from anything, its only the top 5 miners who are consistently pulling in a million or more a day.

You're welcome. I think that patience is in order, you are already complaining about profitability when the coin has been out for 2 weeks. The store is not even open yet, and the profit is driven by nothing but pure greed. Crypto offers an amazing opportunity that the financial sector cannot typically offer, practically instant profits. But it creates a community of impatient whiners who bitch and moan when something doesn't instantly meet their expectations. I suggest you wait and give it a moment to breath or dump your coins and get the fuck out.

Also if you have an idea for a coin or how to "fix" a coin, make your own. That way you can be in control of it instead of someone else. Because after all, it's not your coin to make decisions with.
vesperwillow

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:10:38 PM

SeriousCouns14 makes an excellent point, one I noted awhile back, that the top select miners are the ones who will truly be able to 'mine for GPUs', not just due to hashrate, but due to the volume of product on hand in the store. Right now, if you presume less than 100GPUs per month, only the top miners will have enough coin to get them. If there's much more, then the top miners will be able to get the most, but at least the "majority" of miners would be able to get something for their coin.

Remember, time is also a factor in people's minds (going back to electrical costs / overall profitability). This is why the top producers are the only winners in a low volume closed loop system like this coin. It leaves the small-to-midrange miners left to either hope, or simply dumping the coin to pay their bill. Few people in this entire thread understand this point.

It's also worth noting, as d4wn04ff473 pointed out, that the store is yet open. The full "launch" of this coin isn't wholly complete without it; until the store is in place and you are moving onto GPU batch order #2, it won't be complete.

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 06:11:44 PM

Hendr1x or CEO

Cryptorush (your biggest exchange) is still NOT listed on first page with exchanges.
It only takes a minute and newbies and buyers need to know we are on a medium
sized decent exchange.  And Hendr1x, I have tomorrow off work and can help you
with the testing in afternoon/evening, just check your messages and PM me.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money