R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
phaddie

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:18:30 AM

So this is the prototype a friend has made that holds 8 GPUs, which will work well with the 16x 8 way splitter that is currently under development.  This is NOT a final design and there are already a few things I want changed, but it's progress in the right direction.  Welded aluminum frame and we're shooting for a selling price of $100 worth of GPUC.

Do you know what risers you will need for GPU in this setup, how long? I think more than 35cm.
although it looks nice, if it stays like that there will be major electrical problems (short circuits) as the motherboard is on an aluminium plate and might as well electrocute the user if it touches the frame also in aluminum when the power is turned on and the motherboard start to burn.
I think you have to make that the frame is grounded to avoid these sort of problem.
(you might want to check the regulation in north America before putting this on sale)

Plastic risers for the motherboard (I use cut up bic pens) It is what we all do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 03:25:54 AM

not cheaper at all.
to gain the same hash as you would with amd cards, you'd have to buy more ram, cpus, motherboards, and psus.
while it may save on power, the cost to buy and run all that extra hardware will skyrocket you bills, UNLESS, your only wanting a single small light mining rig.

That's why i said "if you have access to PCIE splitters".. with splitters you can in theory put a lot more GPUs onto 1 chassis.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
phaddie

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:38:36 AM

not cheaper at all.
to gain the same hash as you would with amd cards, you'd have to buy more ram, cpus, motherboards, and psus.
while it may save on power, the cost to buy and run all that extra hardware will skyrocket you bills, UNLESS, your only wanting a single small light mining rig.

That's why i said "if you have access to PCIE splitters".. with splitters you can in theory put a lot more GPUs onto 1 chassis.

sure you could, but I do not think the software (OS or miners) will support more than 8, so even with the cheaper cards, and lower power, it is maybe break even, but not better.  NOW if we could put 12 GPU on one motherboard and a couple of PSU maybe.

I think what the nvidia cards means is that the big brothers will be serious competition when they come out.  The 750 is not sothing that in itself really matter.

My 2 cents.
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 03:42:08 AM

sure you could, but I do not think the software (OS or miners) will support more than 8, so even with the cheaper cards, and lower power, it is maybe break even, but not better.  NOW if we could put 12 GPU on one motherboard and a couple of PSU maybe.

I think what the nvidia cards means is that the big brothers will be serious competition when they come out.  The 750 is not sothing that in itself really matter.

My 2 cents.

There is ways you can support more than 8... not easy.. yet, but possible.  There will be some interesting things happening that's for sure.. for now I'm amazed that 750 can be powered by just PCIE connector power.  This means the actual hashing potential of Maxwell is going to be extraordinary perf/power.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 03:42:39 AM

So this is the prototype a friend has made that holds 8 GPUs, which will work well with the 16x 8 way splitter that is currently under development.  This is NOT a final design and there are already a few things I want changed, but it's progress in the right direction.  Welded aluminum frame and we're shooting for a selling price of $100 worth of GPUC.

Do you know what risers you will need for GPU in this setup, how long? I think more than 35cm.
although it looks nice, if it stays like that there will be major electrical problems (short circuits) as the motherboard is on an aluminium plate and might as well electrocute the user if it touches the frame also in aluminum when the power is turned on and the motherboard start to burn.
I think you have to make that the frame is grounded to avoid these sort of problem.
(you might want to check the regulation in north America before putting this on sale)

Plastic risers for the motherboard (I use cut up bic pens) It is what we all do.
There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to not having a thin plastic mat under the
motherboard. Yeah, I'm going to trust the exposed bottom of my motherboard
to some rigged plastic risers.  Soon as I install more ram or touch anything,
flex, metal to metal fried hardware.  This should be made out of plastic, hell,
you can buy plastic garage stackable storage shelving for cheap and hang the video cards
without having to worry about a metal frame.
Enough with prototype framing already.  Show and sell us some cards!
And maybe some of these http://www.hashratesolutions.com/products/6-pack-pci-e-powered-riser-card-60cm-24-usb-3-0-cable

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

waltsmith

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:44:58 AM

Just topped off the faucet at http://gpu.reverbs.pw/ ,to the tune of 20kGPUC or 1 block. These are mined coins, NOT IPO.
One topic that I have not seen broached in this entire thread so far(not surprising, with the store accepting the "GPUCoin only" idea overshadowing everything else), is the strength and generosity of our honest and intelligent community. This is something that most new alts lack, but is an integral part of any successful one. The work (micryon most notably, others as well) has done for this coin so far, is good. But, it shouldn't stop there. The store owner has invested more than anyone else with this coin, he has centered his life around it, building a business. Cries of "Where is the CEO! He hasn't posted in HOURS!!! The coin is abandoned!!!" are very counter-productive. Reading this thread at 3 AM or 2:30 PM on a workday does not put inventory on the shelves. This part is up to us. The people who believe in this coin.

So, lets get our community support system started guys and show everyone how great this coin is. Although most of the following points have been mentioned at some point in this thread there has not been a list compiled:

LIKE and follow facebook page: This helps people that don't even know BITCOIN exists be exposed to our coin.

Tweet and retweet about the coin and store, you twitter users, you know who you are!

Talk about the coin on other threads, other forums, with family, friends, anyone and anywhere appropriate really.

Paper wallet: Imagine giving a friend (perhaps a gamer) a GPUCoin giftcard, he then investigates, finds out he can buy a GPU at a good price, part is already paid for with his new giftcard, the rest he can buy on an exchange. Maybe then he even starts mining himself, instead of razzing you about it all the time! What a way to return a favor you owe someone!

Android,iphone,portable wallet. Any coders/DEVS reading this, please help and be part of the community! Micryon is doing fabulous but is only 1 man, he needs help!!

Get bounties started up for services, ideas welcome everyone! -A note about the pre-mine the store owner holds. I read lots of "CEO needs to blah,blah with his pre-mine." I would guess the store owner plans to use his coin to cover any shortfalls on the sell of a card. EXAMPLE, store says price is 1 million coins, you purchase card, owner tries to convert the GPUCoin to fiat for restocking and lo-and behold not enough buy pressure at the price he quoted you! What does he do? He covers it with HIS coins. Sometimes he comes out ahead, sometimes behind. But he needs a cushion or he is out of business. Every store needs operating capital right? So, we should probably forget about him covering many bounties or giveaways. They are up to us, the community.

At launch it is not good to be on a large exchange, but the coins are spreading nicely now, and it takes everyone, and time, to get on the big ones. Lets apply for, vote on, and petition at those exchanges guys!! (cryptorush.in voting has started well but its a big hill to climb, VOTE! and show we are a stronger, more dedicated community than the others.) In my opinion free votes are worth more than paid ones, showing strength of resolve, rather than depth of pockets.  Why pay for votes that can be generated for free, we're all here to make money not give it to an exchange, right?

Be generous, helpful, and knowledgeable everywhere this coin is presented. A mature, ethical community is the best kind.

Want your coins to more valuable? Mine it! Prove your interest in coins by mining them, not just by reading this thread, higher difficulties imply more desirability and value. Point your rigs at it! p2pool is for the savvy, long-term miners! Your account is unhackable and you help to insure the safety and integrity of the blockchain when mining with P2P. Besides, most nodes charge a lower fee than MPOS pools, that means more profits for YOU, the miner!!

Want your coins to be more valuable? Trade it! Something that outside investors avoid like the plague is an untraded coin. TRADE VOLUME is another indicator of a healthy coin! I'm not saying take a loss on a trade. But for those of you selling what you mine, when you see a good deal on your exchange, snatch up those unloved GPUS! I'm sure you can find a better home for them anyways, right? My first evening mining on launch day only netted me 750 GPUCoins. I sold them, and bought back, and so forth till I had a block's worth.(topped up the faucet with a block, but only cost me 750!!! lol)

The most important part of a community: YOU, yes YOU, Do you want everyone to do everything for you? Or, do you want that feeling of satisfaction and pride(and a new card in your rig) that comes from being a part of something? PARTICIPATE!!

I'll update this post as ideas come in, let's talk and get busy people!!

waltsmith

Post above edited.

Thanks for  the support several members have shown on the last few pages of this thread. I really do care about this coin. The ideas behind cryptocoins are well documented in bitcoin threads (like de-centralized currency, instant payment with no fee to a centralized bank, etc.), but this alt brings a key missing ingredient that most lack to become a widely used medium of exchange without years of grassroots development, CAPITALISM!, right from the start! I may be weird, but still, this one is exciting. Other alts are just a quick buck. So, yes, I'll gladly continue to put all the time I can into this coin, as well as everyone else here will, I hope. Easy, knowing that it is appreciated.

waltsmith

Buy cheap GPUs with GPU Coin
Win a video card! - Drawing/Contest
scott0577

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:49:22 AM

Just topped off the faucet at http://gpu.reverbs.pw/ ,to the tune of 20kGPUC or 1 block. These are mined coins, NOT IPO.
One topic that I have not seen broached in this entire thread so far(not surprising, with the store accepting the "GPUCoin only" idea overshadowing everything else), is the strength and generosity of our honest and intelligent community. This is something that most new alts lack, but is an integral part of any successful one. The work (micryon most notably, others as well) has done for this coin so far, is good. But, it shouldn't stop there. The store owner has invested more than anyone else with this coin, he has centered his life around it, building a business. Cries of "Where is the CEO! He hasn't posted in HOURS!!! The coin is abandoned!!!" are very counter-productive. Reading this thread at 3 AM or 2:30 PM on a workday does not put inventory on the shelves. This part is up to us. The people who believe in this coin.

So, lets get our community support system started guys and show everyone how great this coin is. Although most of the following points have been mentioned at some point in this thread there has not been a list compiled:

LIKE and follow facebook page: This helps people that don't even know BITCOIN exists be exposed to our coin.

Tweet and retweet about the coin and store, you twitter users, you know who you are!

Talk about the coin on other threads, other forums, with family, friends, anyone and anywhere appropriate really.

Paper wallet: Imagine giving a friend (perhaps a gamer) a GPUCoin giftcard, he then investigates, finds out he can buy a GPU at a good price, part is already paid for with his new giftcard, the rest he can buy on an exchange. Maybe then he even starts mining himself, instead of razzing you about it all the time! What a way to return a favor you owe someone!

Android,iphone,portable wallet. Any coders/DEVS reading this, please help and be part of the community! Micryon is doing fabulous but is only 1 man, he needs help!!

Get bounties started up for services, ideas welcome everyone! -A note about the pre-mine the store owner holds. I read lots of "CEO needs to blah,blah with his pre-mine." I would guess the store owner plans to use his coin to cover any shortfalls on the sell of a card. EXAMPLE, store says price is 1 million coins, you purchase card, owner tries to convert the GPUCoin to fiat for restocking and lo-and behold not enough buy pressure at the price he quoted you! What does he do? He covers it with HIS coins. Sometimes he comes out ahead, sometimes behind. But he needs a cushion or he is out of business. Every store needs operating capital right? So, we should probably forget about him covering many bounties or giveaways. They are up to us, the community.

At launch it is not good to be on a large exchange, but the coins are spreading nicely now, and it takes everyone, and time, to get on the big ones. Lets apply for, vote on, and petition at those exchanges guys!! (cryptorush.in voting has started well but its a big hill to climb, VOTE! and show we are a stronger, more dedicated community than the others.) In my opinion free votes are worth more than paid ones, showing strength of resolve, rather than depth of pockets.  Why pay for votes that can be generated for free, we're all here to make money not give it to an exchange, right?

Be generous, helpful, and knowledgeable everywhere this coin is presented. A mature, ethical community is the best kind.

Want your coins to more valuable? Mine it! Prove your interest in coins by mining them, not just by reading this thread, higher difficulties imply more desirability and value. Point your rigs at it! p2pool is for the savvy, long-term miners! Your account is unhackable and you help to insure the safety and integrity of the blockchain when mining with P2P. Besides, most nodes charge a lower fee than MPOS pools, that means more profits for YOU, the miner!!

Want your coins to be more valuable? Trade it! Something that outside investors avoid like the plague is an untraded coin. TRADE VOLUME is another indicator of a healthy coin! I'm not saying take a loss on a trade. But for those of you selling what you mine, when you see a good deal on your exchange, snatch up those unloved GPUS! I'm sure you can find a better home for them anyways, right? My first evening mining on launch day only netted me 750 GPUCoins. I sold them, and bought back, and so forth till I had a block's worth.(topped up the faucet with a block, but only cost me 750!!! lol)

The most important part of a community: YOU, yes YOU, Do you want everyone to do everything for you? Or, do you want that feeling of satisfaction and pride(and a new card in your rig) that comes from being a part of something? PARTICIPATE!!

I'll update this post as ideas come in, let's talk and get busy people!!

waltsmith

Post above edited.

Thanks for  the support several members have shown on the last few pages of this thread. I really do care about this coin. The ideas behind cryptocoins are well documented in bitcoin threads (like de-centralized currency, instant payment with no fee to a centralized bank, etc.), but this alt brings a key missing ingredient that most lack to become a widely used medium of exchange without years of grassroots development, CAPITALISM!, right from the start! I may be weird, but still, this one is exciting. Other alts are just a quick buck. So, yes, I'll gladly continue to put all the time I can into this coin, as well as everyone else here will, I hope. Easy, knowing that it is appreciated.

waltsmith
Did you accept?
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 03:56:44 AM

This CLEARLY shows that only Cryptsy listing matters: Vert coin = same algo
https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/vtc

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money