R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:55:32 AM

Wallet still doesn't compile on any linux since its looking for a static lboost version...awesome!

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 11:56:05 AM

You know, I just thought of a great idea to get this coin rolling, all the people that read, follow, and support this coin, but rarely or have never posted here, please post and introduce yourselves! We all would love to meet you and hear any comments that you may have. Also, I personally have had 4 280x's pointed exclusively at GPUC since launch, and yeah, i'm talking I solved like 5 blocks at oakpool when the reward was still 1 coin. But, the troubles we have had are just not helping buy pressure at all. I'm considering pointing two of my cards at litecoin, dogecoin, vertcoin or some such other high volume coin that I can mine and dump and move the BTC over to put buy pressure up on gpucoin, not even necessarily buying it outright, just putting up the highest bid, and letting the dumpers sell to me. I'll probably get more coin, and boost the price. The only hesitation I have is that the network hash is so low right now. But, I'm thinking that if we watch it carefully, in a couple days we could boost the price and volume all by ourselves, even on our small exchanges,without any help, and that will bring back a few miners when the price goes up some, etc. What y'all think?

waltsmith

You know one idea is.. maybe we can switch over to POS, and then setup a reverse-multipool like BC.. Smiley

Micryon - You could flip to X11 hashing (which would give the coin some popularity, and reduce block rewards by .5), or switch the POS and work on the multipool..

Or take a combination of them both...  since the multipool will take a while to configure.

Start with an X11 / .5 Fork - advertise it, then say in 30 days we are switching to pure POS, and a multipool will launch with it.

reduce block reward by 0.5 ?
The main problem with this coin right now is that it is nearly impossible to get a gpu by mining the coin (unless you have as much gpu as the store...). I think the block reward is already too small as the coin will be falling below the 10sat... (increase by ten the reward would be a best move).
Although, I think the idea was good. It shows clearly one thing: cryptocurrencies are not yet ready for supporting a business model.
(or it should have been planed with a retail value of 1sat all along, in which case it could work a bit better)

Changing the algo would be good too... My cards don't like at all scrypt-n (runs too hot, easy driver crash...) take something like fugue, heavycoin or groestl Nvidia people will be happy.  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:19:47 PM

You know, I just thought of a great idea to get this coin rolling, all the people that read, follow, and support this coin, but rarely or have never posted here, please post and introduce yourselves! We all would love to meet you and hear any comments that you may have. Also, I personally have had 4 280x's pointed exclusively at GPUC since launch, and yeah, i'm talking I solved like 5 blocks at oakpool when the reward was still 1 coin. But, the troubles we have had are just not helping buy pressure at all. I'm considering pointing two of my cards at litecoin, dogecoin, vertcoin or some such other high volume coin that I can mine and dump and move the BTC over to put buy pressure up on gpucoin, not even necessarily buying it outright, just putting up the highest bid, and letting the dumpers sell to me. I'll probably get more coin, and boost the price. The only hesitation I have is that the network hash is so low right now. But, I'm thinking that if we watch it carefully, in a couple days we could boost the price and volume all by ourselves, even on our small exchanges,without any help, and that will bring back a few miners when the price goes up some, etc. What y'all think?

waltsmith

You know one idea is.. maybe we can switch over to POS, and then setup a reverse-multipool like BC.. Smiley

Micryon - You could flip to X11 hashing (which would give the coin some popularity, and reduce block rewards by .5), or switch the POS and work on the multipool..

Or take a combination of them both...  since the multipool will take a while to configure.

Start with an X11 / .5 Fork - advertise it, then say in 30 days we are switching to pure POS, and a multipool will launch with it.

reduce block reward by 0.5 ?
The main problem with this coin right now is that it is nearly impossible to get a gpu by mining the coin (unless you have as much gpu as the store...). I think the block reward is already too small as the coin will be falling below the 10sat... (increase by ten the reward would be a best move).
Although, I think the idea was good. It shows clearly one thing: cryptocurrencies are not yet ready for supporting a business model.
(or it should have been planed with a retail value of 1sat all along, in which case it could work a bit better)

Changing the algo would be good too... My cards don't like at all scrypt-n (runs too hot, easy driver crash...) take something like fugue, heavycoin or groestl Nvidia people will be happy.  Grin

+1 for that ....

if u guys can add another algo like Myr COIN they got many algo for mining .

since i hate N-scyrpt algo and so do my cards ... i don't mine anything that is N-adabtive

QUBIT algo or groestl or heavy .. run way cooler and stable
tavirosu

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:32:47 PM

Changing the algo would be good too... My cards don't like at all scrypt-n (runs too hot, easy driver crash...) take something like fugue, heavycoin or groestl Nvidia people will be happy.  Grin

No it won't. With scrypt asics comming into the market, only coins like this can be safe to mine with people with GPU's. Only real issue with the coin right now is it's marketing, or lack of it. That and with the low trading that's trigger by the whole btc market right now, means the coin is dirt cheap.

From developers for developers: http://www.cryptocoindev.com/
kahir
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:34:39 PM

Changing the algo would be good too... My cards don't like at all scrypt-n (runs too hot, easy driver crash...) take something like fugue, heavycoin or groestl Nvidia people will be happy.  Grin

No it won't. With scrypt asics comming into the market, only coins like this can be safe to mine with people with GPU's. Only real issue with the coin right now is it's marketing, or lack of it. That and with the low trading that's trigger by the whole btc market right now, means the coin is dirt cheap.

Read my post ....

Scrypt asic ... can only mine SCRYPT algo
linna

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:46:25 PM

When can a good currency , ah, good market slump

Let's flower the moon.SkMkf84Mv1gGe473kswcUwzfBc7m2QwcUA
TheSmurfsCoin.ThjHhQduSG6qfj8tMKepGmHgMK7Xp4u3ke
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:01:41 PM

fugue/heavy/X11/ are not scrypt coin but totally different algo and there is little chance they get implemented in asic (for a while) as only a bunch of coins use them (and the new btc is not among them... I might be wrong though... who knows...)

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:02:11 PM

..Wow. People already talking about changing and forking the coin in its infancy. Pathetic. Few of you understand how any of this works.

It's not the coin or the algo or the pantone color of the grey on the website, it's a matter of getting the business to be known and used. Like I said hundreds of pages back, this coin is nothing more than a transaction transport, it doesn't matter of the technical design as much as the flow of the product. If anything, ScryptN hurt more than it helped.

What you need to do, as some folks pointed out, is get the gaming community and perhaps the college community, involved. Let them know they can save a few bucks by using this system. You'll have GPU miners always since the hardware can adapt to any algo, but the volume of that target audience is going to go down dramatically this quarter, and short of something unique occuring, 2014 will see some new algos but no increase of GPU needs over supply.

Watching this project is like being at a most interesting zoo.

kahir
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:22:29 PM

..Wow. People already talking about changing and forking the coin in its infancy. Pathetic. Few of you understand how any of this works.

It's not the coin or the algo or the pantone color of the grey on the website, it's a matter of getting the business to be known and used. Like I said hundreds of pages back, this coin is nothing more than a transaction transport, it doesn't matter of the technical design as much as the flow of the product. If anything, ScryptN hurt more than it helped.

What you need to do, as some folks pointed out, is get the gaming community and perhaps the college community, involved. Let them know they can save a few bucks by using this system. You'll have GPU miners always since the hardware can adapt to any algo, but the volume of that target audience is going to go down dramatically this quarter, and short of something unique occuring, 2014 will see some new algos but no increase of GPU needs over supply.

gaming community and perhaps the college community ....

how would someone get Gpuc .. without knowing about crypto in general .....

minergr

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:28:04 PM

Exactly. There's no need for a fork, it's too early for that. The marketing on this coin is pretty much non existent at the moment.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:36:27 PM

Exactly. There's no need for a fork, it's too early for that. The marketing on this coin is pretty much non existent at the moment.
+1
Usually any coin introduced to poloniex gets pump for a couple of hours (even totally unknown coin: cf Bones), gpuc only met indifference yesterday...

djm34 facebook page
hendr1x

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:43:45 PM

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for all the thoughts / suggestions.  I assure you that I am reading them and will make sure the CEO hears them.

I just finished up some upgrades to the market place
   - Dynamically calculated pricing (USD->GPUC every 15 minutes)
   - Instant Approval System (sellers can now be authorized to post items instantly)
   - Improved messaging systems (emails go out now + more buttons to message members)

http://gpucoinmarket.com

In regards to marketing, I am with you 100%.  I have been focusing on the web side of things and plan on devoting more effort to that side now that things are up and running.  If you have any interest in helping please PM me.

sexydh80

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:49:31 PM

Then just buy  Shocked
The more the coin gets value the less the gpus cost

It seems to be a way
But I really don't know a better way?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:49:57 PM

Lots of folks in college know what BTC is, at the least. They can use coinbase to purchase BTC with $ instantly, and then simply go to an exchange (or maybe even GPUC store itself) to get GPUC. All of this could be linked in a simple how-to on the website.

The primary link could be "Buy GPUC with $" or something.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:54:38 PM

Lots of folks in college know what BTC is, at the least. They can use coinbase to purchase BTC with $ instantly, and then simply go to an exchange (or maybe even GPUC store itself) to get GPUC. All of this could be linked in a simple how-to on the website.

seriously, would you go to all this trouble just to get a gpu  (if you were not already into crypto's) ?

djm34 facebook page
sexydh80

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:55:08 PM

is the dev maybe willing to bribe our way up to mintpal?
I don't know if people are willing to buy votes but we could keep voting .

The vote is I think we can give more small way
Do you think Is it right??
hendr1x

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:29:18 PM

This.. people need simplest way possible to convert $ into GPUC directly..

Anyone can sell it on the market for a nice mark up.
nauticatom

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:33:50 PM

so HiroCoin that has no market place, no nothing behind it buy an X11 Algo - stomps this coin price wise, and will continue to do so for quite a while..  so yeah lets not fork the coin - lets keep trying to get the community going (well that hasnt worked), marketing going (well that hasnt worked), and get it on exchanges (that hasnt worked). 

So tell me whats next... lets repeat above?
reesev

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

seriously, would you go to all this trouble just to get a gpu  (if you were not already into crypto's) ?

Possibly.. people go through alot of trouble to use coupons in grocery stores and its alot of hassle also.  If this posted on slickdeals with a good howto.. it might create a buzz.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:45:19 PM

Possibly.. people go through alot of trouble to use coupons in grocery stores and its alot of hassle also.  If this posted on slickdeals with a good howto.. it might create a buzz.
my parents may-be (and gpu, cryptos are the least of their concerns), not students

djm34 facebook page
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: