R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421191 times)
SP4RK7

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:14:06 PM

What's going on with the posting with a quote? Is including it all in the same box  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:16:51 PM

SP4RKS : We definitely have funds (both USD and GPU Coin) set aside for marketing.  I think an intro video is a great idea.  Obviously people have been asking to spend it on getting on exchanges.  If there is any other ideas lets hear them....maybe we can start working on them next week.

DougB62 : awesome job.  Post your address, I want to give you a tip!
Well, while I think that it's completely unnecessary, I will humbly accept.  Grin (As my mining equipment is sincerely lacking.)
Thank you! GXMtqgG66vLZJ386Abc15pEMhnBHwDvLBS
Lunesta

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:17:51 PM

it would be awesome if the market would land gpuc/btc so 280x would cost 280.000 gpuc.

But on the main subject I believe that a marketing video could really get things going. If
it looks very professional people will see it and one of the seas of ideas to increase value
is to show people that the creators and their team is professional and believe in their idea.

Whether they are professional (which I do believe they are btw) is beside the point. What
matters is general opinion of the coin. You have to interest them, appeal to them and
make them believe it has a future. If you interest enough people the rest will get interested
due to the amount of people interested--chainreaction--.

Getting a video viral, some articles and maybe some people to talk openly about the coin
on youtube or somewhere though it will happen as soon as people start picking up interest.

Maybe even get a reddit page up (if it isn't)  for a bit of buzz. Might be a bit early but it
happened with auroracoin and here back in Iceland people didn't really have any believe in
it and of course considered it a scam. However some random guy started buying pizzas
and delivering them to houses for 4 auroracoins which was like 36 dollars back then and
a lot of people actually caved in and went mining for the sole purpose of getting a "free"
pizza. (That guy must be pretty happy now btw) But it managed in that small way to
get a bit of buzz and get people going. The store is of course going to be the main buzz
here but wasn't the idea of having it open 2 weeks later so that the market will settle down
before it gets up and running. At the moment the opposite is more likely to happen. At
the moment no one is buying and too many are selling but as soon as the store goes
viral everything will get crazy.

I believe we (yes we.. devs, creators and the community) need to get the value a bit up
before the store launches. And the way to go is videos, articles, getting people to realize
that now is the time to buy because the coin will get more expensive as the store launches.
The coin needs to be more profitable then electricity but more importantly people have to
believe it will because it won't happen any other way. Better yet miners would need to get
some sort of deal (sounds impossible though) to keep everyone from mining more profitable
coins and exchanging over when they have enough for a gpu. Though in theory it sounds
like a good thing you have to remember that a coin needs both its traders and its miners
to work properly.

The funny thing is that a part of me doesn't want the coin to get its value up right away.
I'd just be back to getting less then a 1k gpuc per day with my "fantastic" mining setup.
A little bit of a desperate plea (addresS: GSDyivZQWgRouL9eVSKjU9KRKFWQwtajq2) Grin
If it keeps moving this way and the price goes up I'd get a lot more gpus then in the
other case though it'd be healthier for the coin.

Just had a little idea, might be good, might be bad or even terrible but here it goes.
What if every 5000th block or whatever the miner who found the block would maybe
win a gpu or discount or something that he maybe couldn't trade in exchanges but
would make him bloody happy anyway. I'm assuming that even though people are
assigned to pools it gets written down who gets each block but I don't really know
exactly the program works so this is probably not a doable idea but wanted to share
it anyway. Hopefully I'm being more helpful then a wall of pointless text Roll Eyes
madbit1000

Activity: 415

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:22:09 PM

Does anyone know if anyone was appointed for PR

The coin value will not grow fast. As this will be a gradual process. why you ask.. Because if the miners leave to mine other coins and only purchase form the exchange to get hold of a GPU. then there will be less miners mining the coin.

Which will eventually push up the price of the coins. Then the miners will return back to mining and then the cycle will continue. So there will always be ups and downs. As more and more people hear about people getting GPU's the rush to buy coins will start all over again.

So don't worry, the coin will sort itself out, and right now  this welcomed break is relief i am sure for the director, James.. To get ahead.

Regards

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:28:04 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 10:41:08 PM by SP4RK7

SP4RKS : We definitely have funds (both USD and GPU Coin) set aside for marketing.  I think an intro video is a great idea.  Obviously people have been asking to spend it on getting on exchanges.  If there is any other ideas lets hear them....maybe we can start working on them next week.

DougB62 : awesome job.  Post your address, I want to give you a tip!

That's good to hear, maybe if you could get the CEO to post a Bounty on the front page someone with the know how might respond?

As far as getting on an exchange I think Mintpal is the next logical place, if everyone who posts in this thread signed up to the exchange and made a couple of small trades, I think you can vote up to 5 times an hour, you can also place votes costing 0.001 BTC if your rich and feeling generous.

We are quite a way off the top, we currently have 1009 votes whilst the top coin EMO has 68,230

So get voting  Grin
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:32:16 PM

Just had a little idea, might be good, might be bad or even terrible but here it goes.
What if every 5000th block or whatever the miner who found the block would maybe
win a gpu or discount or something that he maybe couldn't trade in exchanges but
assigned to pools it gets written down who gets each block but I don't really know
exactly the program works so this is probably not a doable idea but wanted to share
it anyway. Hopefully I'm being more helpful then a wall of pointless text Roll Eyes

+

This is an interesting idea.

It would be neat for pools to be able offer a discount code or coupons to miners who who stick with them or find blocks.

GPUCoin would have to issue these discounts to the pool owners to hand out as rewards but it seems doable.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
madbit1000

Activity: 415

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:39:02 PM

Who on th is earth votes for these crappy coins. No offence. but emu..

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:40:12 PM

it would be awesome if the market would land gpuc/btc so 280x would cost 280.000 gpuc.

But on the main subject I believe that a marketing video could really get things going. If
it looks very professional people will see it and one of the seas of ideas to increase value
is to show people that the creators and their team is professional and believe in their idea.

Whether they are professional (which I do believe they are btw) is beside the point. What
matters is general opinion of the coin. You have to interest them, appeal to them and
make them believe it has a future. If you interest enough people the rest will get interested

Getting a video viral, some articles and maybe some people to talk openly about the coin
on youtube or somewhere though it will happen as soon as people start picking up interest.

Maybe even get a reddit page up (if it isn't)  for a bit of buzz. Might be a bit early but it
happened with auroracoin and here back in Iceland people didn't really have any believe in
it and of course considered it a scam. However some random guy started buying pizzas
and delivering them to houses for 4 auroracoins which was like 36 dollars back then and
a lot of people actually caved in and went mining for the sole purpose of getting a "free"
pizza. (That guy must be pretty happy now btw) But it managed in that small way to
get a bit of buzz and get people going. The store is of course going to be the main buzz
here but wasn't the idea of having it open 2 weeks later so that the market will settle down
before it gets up and running. At the moment the opposite is more likely to happen. At
the moment no one is buying and too many are selling but as soon as the store goes

I believe we (yes we.. devs, creators and the community) need to get the value a bit up
before the store launches. And the way to go is videos, articles, getting people to realize
that now is the time to buy because the coin will get more expensive as the store launches.
The coin needs to be more profitable then electricity but more importantly people have to
believe it will because it won't happen any other way. Better yet miners would need to get
some sort of deal (sounds impossible though) to keep everyone from mining more profitable
coins and exchanging over when they have enough for a gpu. Though in theory it sounds
like a good thing you have to remember that a coin needs both its traders and its miners
to work properly.

The funny thing is that a part of me doesn't want the coin to get its value up right away.
I'd just be back to getting less then a 1k gpuc per day with my "fantastic" mining setup.
A little bit of a desperate plea (addresS: GSDyivZQWgRouL9eVSKjU9KRKFWQwtajq2) Grin
If it keeps moving this way and the price goes up I'd get a lot more gpus then in the

Sent a few GPUC your way

I like the idea of a giveaway for for a certain block found although may be hard to prove identity if mined on a pool.

Could maybe have it so that who ever guesses or closest to the correct price in GPUC that the first Graphics card sells for wins the same card?

This could be sent out on twitter and hopefully people retweeting would again generate interest.
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:42:55 PM

Who on th is earth votes for these crappy coins. No offence. but emu..

My mistake it's actually EMO I've never heard of it to be honest.

I think what happens is the same that needs to happen here, get everyone voting as often as possible and then the Devs/CEO chuck a couple of BTC at it to give it a good boost up.
hendr1x

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:47:28 PM

Sent a few GPUC your way

+1

Great ideas, I posted them on the forum so we don't lose them.  SP4RK7 post your tip address  Grin
Lokken86

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:49:24 PM

to work properly.

Sent a few GPUC your way

I like the idea of a giveaway for for a certain block found although may be hard to prove identity if mined on a pool.

Could maybe have it so that who ever guesses or closest to the correct price in GPUC that the first Graphics card sells for wins the same card?

This could be sent out on twitter and hopefully people retweeting would again generate interest.

Sent you 600 a while ago. Did they arrive?
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:02:01 PM

Sent a few GPUC your way

+1

Great ideas, I posted them on the forum so we don't lose them.  SP4RK7 post your tip address  Grin

Thanks   Grin

GSUEVimXt1gfvUg5XWCoD7JEjc1Sav7JN5
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

This is my little p2pool http://gpucoinpool.zapto.org:9404 so lets get start mining Smiley))

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:14:45 PM

Can anyone answer when and how much the block reward goes down?

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money