R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
greatwolf

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:22:57 AM

Ye Atomic-Trade is a really good exchange I'm not sure why more people don't use it.

Byronp the owner seems like a decent guy from what I can tell and is really up on security on the site.

Going off what I read in the troll box yesterday he also covers at least half of the online BTC with his own personal coins incase of anything going wrong.

From checking out atomic-trade, I see several annoyances. The password policy of needing symbol, uppercase, lowercase and digit. Giving an unhelpful error message on password reset for pw that don't meet that criteria. Not giving an error message at all when you try to change it after logging in. It also looks like the minimum withdrawal is 1.0 btc!? which is just plain ridiculous.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SP4RK7

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:30:38 AM

Ye Atomic-Trade is a really good exchange I'm not sure why more people don't use it.

Byronp the owner seems like a decent guy from what I can tell and is really up on security on the site.

Going off what I read in the troll box yesterday he also covers at least half of the online BTC with his own personal coins incase of anything going wrong.

From checking out atomic-trade, I see several annoyances. The password policy of needing symbol, uppercase, lowercase and digit. Giving an unhelpful error message on password reset for pw that don't meet that criteria. Not giving an error message at all when you try to change it after logging in. It also looks like the minimum withdrawal is 1.0 btc!? which is just plain ridiculous.

I'm not sure what your complaint is here apart from you maybe had to input a password twice. The site makes sure that you have a random, very hard to brute force password surely this is a good thing?

Minimum withdrawal is 0.005 BTC where are you getting 1 BTC from?
P2PHash

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:31:41 AM

Spread hashrate, go for p2pool!! Now with Bittrex price displayed Smiley
Only 0.5% Fee

P2Pool benefits:

* No registration required
* Distributed hashrate
* Immediate payouts after a block is found
* Higher payouts with transaction fees paid to miners
* No account hack possible

Address: p2phash.com:9404
Start mining within seconds! Just point your miner to p2phash.com:9404 and use the GPUcoin address from your wallet for username, the password doesn't matter.

I've mined there from almost the start, it's a very good pool!

Thanks for your feedback Smiley
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:31:52 AM

nope. I have taken way less ammounts of btc off there before. and nothing wrong with a secure pw for an EXCHANGE dude.
XScrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:42:09 AM

Hey all you guys that say you havent got your IPO or whatever reason you have for needing to talk to CEO, why don't you just hop on IRC? GPUC is usually signed in there....

on another note, have you guys read the stuff about cryptsy's bug that allows for price manipulation? I saw it on reddit and I'm not sure if it's just doge or what but it sounds like they know about it and are trying to cover it up rather than fix it so I think cryptsy is a bad idea. If they really are playing games and on their way to being gox for doge then it's just a matter of time before they are done. Atomic is a good exchange, just needs more volume but it's there if you want to buy some cheap GPUC.

All exchanges are technically a bad idea. There are no laws or regulating authorities for these exchanges. There are no audits. There is no transparency. There are no rules stating they have to let customer's know of security breaches, bugs, or exploits. They could scam every single last person out of every single bitcoin they can, close up shop, and walk away and there would be nothing anyone can do about it. There are a million and one ways exchanges can scam you an you wouldn't even realize it until it was far too late.

Treat every third party wallet with caution. Keep only what you need there, and withdraw everything you don't. And for $DIETY's sake don't put any private information on these sites, especially given the terrible track record these sites seem to have in regards to security (not that there are any laws that require them to be secure). They want you to upload a photo ID, bank statement, and a bill to your current address? Tell ya what, just tell me your name and I'll see if I can low-ball the price for your identity on cheapamericanids.ru for ya.

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
PCJargon

Activity: 126

Smashing rocks with my GPU

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:48:39 AM

The only exchange I trust with my personal info is Coinbase, because they're a legit registered business that has been funded by a venture capitalist.

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
http://freebitco.in/?r=242778
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:52:50 AM

Hey all you guys that say you havent got your IPO or whatever reason you have for needing to talk to CEO, why don't you just hop on IRC? GPUC is usually signed in there....

on another note, have you guys read the stuff about cryptsy's bug that allows for price manipulation? I saw it on reddit and I'm not sure if it's just doge or what but it sounds like they know about it and are trying to cover it up rather than fix it so I think cryptsy is a bad idea. If they really are playing games and on their way to being gox for doge then it's just a matter of time before they are done. Atomic is a good exchange, just needs more volume but it's there if you want to buy some cheap GPUC.

All exchanges are technically a bad idea. There are no laws or regulating authorities for these exchanges. There are no audits. There is no transparency. There are no rules stating they have to let customer's know of security breaches, bugs, or exploits. They could scam every single last person out of every single bitcoin they can, close up shop, and walk away and there would be nothing anyone can do about it. There are a million and one ways exchanges can scam you an you wouldn't even realize it until it was far too late.

Treat every third party wallet with caution. Keep only what you need there, and withdraw everything you don't. And for $DIETY's sake don't put any private information on these sites, especially given the terrible track record these sites seem to have in regards to security (not that there are any laws that require them to be secure). They want you to upload a photo ID, bank statement, and a bill to your current address? Tell ya what, just tell me your name and I'll see if I can low-ball the price for your identity on cheapamericanids.ru for ya.

I understand where you are coming from as far as sending personal info to a random exchange not something I have ever done.

What is the deal in the US as far as sites that also allow you to withdraw in $ I thought they had to be registered and were therefore considered more legitimate?
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:55:01 AM

i agree completely. my point though is that the warning signs are all there for craptsy. I think everyone should avoid them until they at least admit the issue and fix it. until then I don't see any reason why this coin should be pushing for that exchange.
gitm

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:00:07 AM

I personally would love to see this coin go up on:  https://mcxnow.com/

They are by far the fastest exchange I have used, plus they have a lot of incentives...like gaining interest off your coins  Smiley  Just my 2 cents.
greatwolf

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:02:58 AM

I'm going off what I saw from the atomic-trade interface:

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:04:55 AM

I'm not going to speak for Jaymes but the rig frame is only a small part of what he is working on.

In regards to finding a PR person, last night he posted a request for anyone interested in the position to PM him.

It would be good idea if there is a separate thread for the CEO, COindev and PR Informations that is only them can post so that this kind of info related to the gpucoin's status do not get buried with other stuffs. And to give us a more definite view of how is the updates coming.

Thanks.
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:07:56 AM

I'm going off what I saw from the atomic-trade interface:

Do you maybe want to try reposting that screen capture with which coin it is talking about?

Coins such as HVC are minimum 1.0 withdrawel BTC is 0.005
svenp

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:12:32 AM

My problem with Atomic Trade is how the order book is displayed.  Each order is shown separately.  So if you have 4 different sell orders @ 31 satoshi, you see 4 separate lines instead of one total for the price point.  This makes it hard to see what's going on without a lot of scrolling and adding things up.  Won't scale well.

Right now bittrex.com seems to have the most volume on it.  Works well... although a little slow on page loads.  
greatwolf

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:13:53 AM

Do you maybe want to try reposting that screen capture with which coin it is talking about?

My account currently has an empty balance so I don't know which coin that default withdrawal amount is referring to. Above it, I see various altcoin/btc address to deposite funds but the bottom withdrawal section is what it looks like in the screenshot above.
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:18:10 AM

My account currently has an empty balance so I don't know which coin that default withdrawal amount is referring to. Above it, I see various altcoin/btc address to deposite funds but the bottom withdrawal section is what it looks like in the screenshot above.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the balance page you should see thw withdrawel box, the image you posted.

It should say XXX available 0.000 and then a little arrow pointing down.

Click on the arrow and it will bring up all the coins available on the site, change this to BTC and you will see min withdrawel is 0.005

Hope that helps
GPU Coin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:24:54 AM

GPUCoin team:

I am asking this again because I have not received an adequate response.

I am somewhat concerned about current plans for expansion including working with hardware developers to develop new splitters and working with the person who is making the frames.

It was clearly communicated that ALL IPO funds would be used to purchase GPUs.

Can you please alleviate my concerns that IPO funds are being used for expenses besides the GPU purchases?  Can we get some more transparency?  Can you show us some numbers?

If a single penny of IPO money is spent on things like experimental hardware development then I might want to move forward with getting a refund.  From the website: "All sales of the initial pre-mined coins will be used to purchase GPUs to stock our on-line store."

Can we please confirm this is actually happening?  It would take literally less than a minute for someone from GPUCoin to say: "Do not worry illiki, all IPO funds have been used to purchase GPUs."

I am assuming that my fears are just unwarranted and all the money did in fact go into a GPU wholesale purchase - but just wanted to double check.  Transparency and communication is good in general.

I had the prototype rig built at a friends machine shop for free.  It took two hours from showing up with a bunch of hardware to walking away with the rig in hand, and it was all left over metal from their previous job on a carrier.  The splitters R&D costs are low, and I paid for them with my meager savings, which were for a SIG556 to accompany my P226, but decided that business needs were more dire than past time activities.

As I stated before, we can't purchase at wholesale costs from the manufacturer until we hit the $1,000,000.00 USD monthly revenue, so we have to pick and choose from 6 distributors that sell ASUS, 8 distributors and 5 sub distributors that sell GIGABYTE, and 10 distributors that sell MSI; all of which require paperwork just to get their costs, which most times are way too much.  I still call the manufacturers most days to see if someone nice will put me through to a higher up, just in case.

The reason I'm not much in this thread is due to meetings, telephone calls, legal paper work, R&D and trying to coordinate with the devs about how to get the site prepared.  Most coins are just that, coins; this is a business rolled up into a coin, so I'm sorry if I don't meet the conversational needs of the community, but it's quite a bit of work just trying to make sure some GPUs will show up in time for the store opening.  There's a reason why Newegg was charging over $100 more than the ERP for a while.

SP4RK7

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:39:10 AM

GPUCoin team:

I am asking this again because I have not received an adequate response.

I am somewhat concerned about current plans for expansion including working with hardware developers to develop new splitters and working with the person who is making the frames.

It was clearly communicated that ALL IPO funds would be used to purchase GPUs.

Can you please alleviate my concerns that IPO funds are being used for expenses besides the GPU purchases?  Can we get some more transparency?  Can you show us some numbers?

If a single penny of IPO money is spent on things like experimental hardware development then I might want to move forward with getting a refund.  From the website: "All sales of the initial pre-mined coins will be used to purchase GPUs to stock our on-line store."

Can we please confirm this is actually happening?  It would take literally less than a minute for someone from GPUCoin to say: "Do not worry illiki, all IPO funds have been used to purchase GPUs."

I am assuming that my fears are just unwarranted and all the money did in fact go into a GPU wholesale purchase - but just wanted to double check.  Transparency and communication is good in general.

I had the prototype rig built at a friends machine shop for free.  It took two hours from showing up with a bunch of hardware to walking away with the rig in hand, and it was all left over metal from their previous job on a carrier.  The splitters R&D costs are low, and I paid for them with my meager savings, which were for a SIG556 to accompany my P226, but decided that business needs were more dire than past time activities.

As I stated before, we can't purchase at wholesale costs from the manufacturer until we hit the $1,000,000.00 USD monthly revenue, so we have to pick and choose from 6 distributors that sell ASUS, 8 distributors and 5 sub distributors that sell GIGABYTE, and 10 distributors that sell MSI; all of which require paperwork just to get their costs, which most times are way too much.  I still call the manufacturers most days to see if someone nice will put me through to a higher up, just in case.

The reason I'm not much in this thread is due to meetings, telephone calls, legal paper work, R&D and trying to coordinate with the devs about how to get the site prepared.  Most coins are just that, coins; this is a business rolled up into a coin, so I'm sorry if I don't meet the conversational needs of the community, but it's quite a bit of work just trying to make sure some GPUs will show up in time for the store opening.  There's a reason why Newegg was charging over $100 more than the ERP for a while.

Thanks for the update.

I'm sure most people understand that you are very busy setting things up, a quick post every 24/48 hours really helps to build confidence in this coin and keeps the 'scam mongers' away from the thread.

Hopefully you will get chance to read through the thread and take on board any suggestions that you think might benefit GPUC

greatwolf

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:40:26 AM

If you scroll down to the bottom of the balance page you should see thw withdrawel box, the image you posted.

It should say XXX available 0.000 and then a little arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and it will bring up all the coins available on the site, change this to BTC and you will see min withdrawel is 0.005

It actually doesn't show anything in that drop-down box; it's just blank. My guess it's due to an account w/ empty balance?
z0rz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:41:10 AM

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but Newegg is selling GPUs for pre-gouge prices right now. And they're in stock.

How does this affect GPU Coin?

To clarify: your discounted 280X price is $435 when I see one for $340 on Newegg right now.
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:49:24 AM

It should say XXX available 0.000 and then a little arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and it will bring up all the coins available on the site, change this to BTC and you will see min withdrawel is 0.005

It actually doesn't show anything in that drop-down box; it's just blank. My guess it's due to an account w/ empty balance?

Possibly I'm not sure how the site works. I can assure you that you can withdraw less than 1 BTC though.

If you do decide to use the site and your still having problems just message the owner ByronP in the troll box or via support, I'm sure he will be able to help you out.

Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: