Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:56:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:16:19 PM

Excellent post, Keemo. DNotes is more than a digital currency. It is a currency with a purpose for the masses worldwide. It is a business and not a hobby or an experiment.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:30:26 PM

In my opinion, we shouldn`t worry too much about the slight drop in price and increased bot activity. Some local DNotes holders saw this dip as a great time to increase their stake. A number of our most profitable trading sessions were after recognizing patterns that bots followed. Like Dyna said, these bots try to trade with as large a spread as possibe, but can not trade without DNotes. I`d like to reiterate the fact that bot trading can be avoided by following these simple steps.

1) Do not sell into buy support
2) Do not overbid

Personally I like selling in person, and re-buying on the exchange. Although there aren`t any Know Your Customer (KYC) laws in Canada, I still like to follow them to ensure that DNotes aren`t ending up in the wrong hands. For more on KYC laws visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 08:32:39 PM

Excellent post, TeeGee. I honestly wish I knew as much as you do when I was your age. We are very proud to have you as part of our team. My commitment is to help build a near perfect framework upon which DNotes can build a solid foundation that can outlast any test of time. Once that is accomplished, the professional managers can run the show with the best business practices just like any other well managed major corporations.

DNotes is more than a stable digital currency built upon trust and integrity. It is built, alongside the currency, as a business capable of immense growth few will understand until it has already taken place. It reminds me of a quote from George Bernard Shaw:

Some people see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not?”

I am working on a press release for next week that is quite compelling. It has the appeal to draw the “Mavens” a little closer to DNotes’ mission. I am certain that one day DNotes will be a part of many cocktail party conversations.

Thank you for the kind words, but just remember - Google (or should I have said the internet? - one day people will say DNotes as money too). Just imagine all the extra things you could have accomplished - like start DNotes many years earlier, if the internet was around when you were my age! I count myself lucky to be born in the information age, where google is at my fingertips, and research is simple. With the innovations this team is pushing, I'll be saying to the next generation (which will be what, Gen Z?) - 'I wish I was my own bank when I was your age' or 'I wish I had access to cheap credit from anywhere in the world for my start-up at your age'... not to mention the unknowns like - 'I wish I was able to download the internet to my brain when I was your age!'... (although transhumanism and human senescence obviously won't be for all!).

My take home point is, each generation makes use of the take home gifts that the previous generation leaves them. DYNA and his generation gave us computers, his fathers generation gave us the aeroplane, and his father's father the internal combustion engine - my fathers generation gave us the internet, debit cards and the Rolling Stones. Each generations made massive advancements in medicine that improved livelihoods for all and we all use tech advancements left to us, to propel humanity higher even faster! Now we are at a crossroads where a mix of people from different parts of the globe from many different generations are working together to help every person become their own bank, and free them from the clutches of debt slavery via the DNotes project.

Who knows what the ramifications will be? and what I'll one day be saying to my children... (other than 'shhhh, you get access to your first CRISP when you turn 18'.

Hope I didn't make anybody feel older than they would like! Purely illustrative.

Brilliant!  I have never heard the term Mavens, but that type of person starts showing their "stuff" as young as preschool and people keep following them for life.  You're right, they are a perfect target for DNotes.

I would encourage anybody to read Malcolm Gladwells books - The first of which I read was the 'tipping point - how little things can make a big difference'. For those who want a quick once over, some of the main ideas are described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tipping_Point

I remember reading about Mavens in there, and ideas like this extract:

"The Law of the Few", or, as Malcolm Gladwell states, "The success of any kind of social epidemic is heavily dependent on the involvement of people with a particular and rare set of social gifts".[3] According to Malcolm Gladwell, economists call this the "80/20 Principle, which is the idea that in any situation roughly 80 percent of the 'work' will be done by 20 percent of the participants"

I read it many years ago when I was perhaps 17 or 18 after my dad put me onto it, and I may have a different idea if I were to read it again now. From memory though it was really interesting, as was Gladwell's book "blink - The power of thinking without thinking" (all about instinctive judgements) and "Outliers - The story of success" which was really eye opening, and many people repeat the 10,000 hour rule to master a craft discussed in it.

"A common theme that appears throughout Outliers is the "10,000-Hour Rule", based on a study by Anders Ericsson. Gladwell claims that greatness requires enormous time, using the source of The Beatles' musical talents and Gates' computer savvy as examples.[3] The Beatles performed live in Hamburg, Germany over 1,200 times from 1960 to 1964, amassing more than 10,000 hours of playing time, therefore meeting the 10,000-Hour Rule. Gladwell asserts that all of the time The Beatles spent performing shaped their talent, and quotes Beatles' biographer Philip Norman as saying, "So by the time they returned to England from Hamburg, Germany, 'they sounded like no one else. It was the making of them.'"[3] Gates met the 10,000-Hour Rule when he gained access to a high school computer in 1968 at the age of 13, and spent 10,000 hours programming on it.[3]

In Outliers, Gladwell interviews Gates, who says that unique access to a computer at a time when they were not commonplace helped him succeed. Without that access, Gladwell states that Gates would still be "a highly intelligent, driven, charming person and a successful professional", but that he might not be worth US$50 billion.[3] Gladwell explains that reaching the 10,000-Hour Rule, which he considers the key to success in any field, is simply a matter of practicing a specific task that can be accomplished with 20 hours of work a week for 10 years. He also notes that he himself took exactly 10 years to meet the 10,000-Hour Rule, during his brief tenure at The American Spectator and his more recent job at The Washington Post.[2]"

Bill Gates was one of 3 or 4 people on the planet who had met the 10,000 hour mastery of computers by the time demand for skills in the sector skyrocketed, and Gladwell argues this played a material role in his long term success.

"It is not about being first, but being in the best position at the most opportune time" - DYNA, sometime... ages ago amongst the myriad of old forum pages.

As usual, this is another excellent post, TeeGee. The 80/20 Rule has been revised and refined a number of times to make it more generally applicable to help explain many different situations and outcomes.

Among those, “Dr. Juran's observation of the "vital few and trivial many", the principle that 20 percent of something always are responsible for 80 percent of the results, became known as Pareto's Principle or the 80/20 Rule” has been used most often as a rule of thumb.

As an interesting note, 80% of business startups failed in the first two years. I would venture to say that the failure rate in the crypto currency world will be significantly higher. In my opinion 90% will fail.

This should help explain why DNotes is so firmly committed to be the best in class right from its beginning. Our mindset is to be the best in everything we do. Instead of taking a risk that there is an 80% chance that we could fail, we have an 80% chance that we could succeed. Of course, that is if we are satisfied with the 80/20 rule. That may be good enough for some, but certainly not good enough for our team. We are committed to accept nothing short of wanting to be the best in everything we do. May be one day, someone can write a book about what it means to be the best in class and why it matters to score high in every category upon which we are being judged. May be one of the core missions of CRISP for Students is draw upon the strengths of “Mavens” to groom the next generation of the “vital few”.

Dyna, the ambition to be best in class through being best in everything a business does is a dominant strategy for business success. Here "dominant strategy" is a phrase taken from micro-economics parlance. A "Dominant strategy" is a strategy that dominates any other strategy conceivable i.e. a dominant strategy cannot be superseded.

Leading business professor and perhaps the leading thought leader on business strategy, Michael Porter, has also recognized the need for this. The total competitive advantage that a firm/business can create is the sum total of all the business activities it undertakes. Positioning your company to be the best in class is a significant strategic goal and a very serious commitment that will require tremendous focus, discipline and tenacity.

The key to understanding why one should aspire to be best in all departments is to recognize the linkages across departments/activities and see the multiplier effect. If a business activity links to, say five other business activities, its individual brilliance impacts all these five other business activities and either enhances their performance or detracts from their performance.

Everything is inter-related. A poor performance in one function is not isolated to that function. It degrades performance everywhere else. Thus weakness in certain areas not only keeps the individual score on that function down, it brings down the final score in other areas. Thus, overall business performance suffers due to the confounding of two effects. Each part of the system helps or hurts other systems. Your business is a complete system. Everything is a component or a subsystem of the whole system and affects the output in other subsystems or components. Consequently, much is lost due to weakness in one or more components. Not only is the component weak, it makes other components weaker. An individual component’s effect on the system is proportional to the number of other components in the system. The more complex the system, the greater the reach of each individual component, either positively or negatively, productively or destructively.

To envision why the ability to deliver a complete package matters, pick your favorite sport or talent show where the performance is rated by a panel of judges based on six different criteria. A candidate scoring 10/10 in two categories and 7/10 or lower in the rest will lose out to the one who scored 8/10 across the board. And so it is with business, being the best in each category is a winning strategy in any business. To be best in the class, everything matters.

Well said keemo. It can be difficult to explain why DNotes is taking this path, hopefully that helps gives people some insight into where we are taking DNotes.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:15:53 PM

In my opinion, we shouldn`t worry too much about the slight drop in price and increased bot activity. Some local DNotes holders saw this dip as a great time to increase their stake. A number of our most profitable trading sessions were after recognizing patterns that bots followed. Like Dyna said, these bots try to trade with as large a spread as possibe, but can not trade without DNotes. I`d like to reiterate the fact that bot trading can be avoided by following these simple steps.

1) Do not sell into buy support
2) Do not overbid

Personally I like selling in person, and re-buying on the exchange. Although there aren`t any Know Your Customer (KYC) laws in Canada, I still like to follow them to ensure that DNotes aren`t ending up in the wrong hands. For more on KYC laws visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

Great advice, CryptoBroker79. Our press release next week will further differentiate DNotes from others. Sometimes it is not about DNotes alone, but our industry as a whole, and the superiority of Bitcoin as the most innovative global payment network system compared to the costly and outdated credit/debit card payment systems. It will be another very exciting week for DNotes. Hopefully, we will start getting some mainstream media attention. As DNotes liquidity improves, Bot trading will become far less of a concern.
keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:24:53 PM

Excellent post, Keemo. DNotes is more than a digital currency. It is a currency with a purpose for the masses worldwide. It is a business and not a hobby or an experiment.

Thanks Dyna. While this talks about how to move up to the productivity frontier (akin to efficient frontier per Markowitz in investments) through reinforcement and fit across business activities, it is still in the domain of operational effectiveness ONCE the activities have been chosen. Now, what activities to choose today and what activities will be needed in future and to position oneself that those activities could be undertaken optimally when future does arrive are all in the domain of strategy. The latter is much harder and cannot be copied or stolen overnight by stealing best practices or hiring consultants.

This is where I see DNotes shining as well, as evidenced by its strategic choices and building blocks.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:40:47 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 02:51:35 AM by Dyna

Thanks Dyna. While this talks about how to move up to the productivity frontier (akin to efficient frontier per Markowitz in investments) through reinforcement and fit across business activities, it is still in the domain of operational effectiveness ONCE the activities have been chosen. Now, what activities to choose today and what activities will be needed in future and to position oneself that those activities could be undertaken optimally when future does arrive are all in the domain of strategy. The latter is much harder and cannot be copied or stolen overnight by stealing best practices or hiring consultants.

This is where I see DNotes shining as well, as evidenced by its strategic choices and building blocks.

Thanks, Keemo. That is very true. Instinctively, most people are reactive. They do not think, strategize and plan way ahead, and get caught short sometimes for being unprepared. DNotes is very proactive and constantly examine the "big picture" as well and "exploded view" in great details when necessary. We hope that this forum is not just a medium for our community to communicate with one another but also a learning center. Likewise we have been positioning CryptoMoms in the same manner. They both have an interest to help promote our industry in the most positive light. That is how we all can best contribute.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:28:39 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 11:48:29 PM by Chase

Are you planning for a bright financial future or are you CRISPless?

Details of CRISP Contest coming soon.

Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:44:13 PM

Damn, you make some good posts Keemo! Be great to hear your thoughts more often!

keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:03:52 AM

Damn, you make some good posts Keemo! Be great to hear your thoughts more often!

Thanks TeeGee, one day I will catch up with you!
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:36:46 AM

Quietly reading. [ http://indiamikezulu.com.au/491/coretanium -- 'Core-Dnotes'?]

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:44:42 PM

Quietly reading. [ http://indiamikezulu.com.au/491/coretanium -- 'Core-Dnotes'?]

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Hi Mark. Thank you for posting the link. By itself, it has some merits and potential pitfalls. I am certain that this must be part of a larger package consisting of other components not discussed or exposed here for good reasons. Maintaining a highly liquid reserve invested in a well diversified portfolio, while in sufficient, is a viable defensive tool, when deployed alongside with other tools. 

Currency stability in the Bitcoin world has been the toughest challenge that has attracted and engaged some of the brightest and smartest minds with many attempted solutions. A great deal of time and money has been spent in this area. Many have done poorly while others have been helpful but costly. A few are too early to tell.

I do agree that “price stability is more important than a high market-cap”. Without stability, high market-cap is not a dependable value to long term investors. High volatilities in the case of Bitcoin foster short term investment, dumping and profit taking mentality.

DNotes has taken a very different approach. We believe that stability must start and be built from day one. It encompasses every strategic plan we put in place, constantly fine tuned and improved. It has done well the first year.

As DNotes get discovered by more investors and professional traders, there will be more volume and price spikes, resulting in new challenges like what we have just experienced last week. A huge price increase over a short period of time is often followed by a major price correction.

Long term investors should follow a disciplined investing schedule with some flexibility to make adjustment as needed. DNotes is a growth investment for the long term. Based on the growth potential of the projects we have in place, we fully expect that DNotes’ uptrend will continue, creating higher highs and higher lows. Trading Bots will remain as a source of frustration resulting in more pronounced spikes. We can expect our trendline to be more spiky, but a part of an up trend with reliable appreciation over the long term.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:37:08 PM

March 8, 2015

Today is both International Women's Day and the first annual Bitcoin Women's Day.  The percentage of bitcoin holders today that are female is still only 8%, but is up from a year ago when it was only 4 or 5%.  Some of the women being featured in this article have been mentioned at CryptoMoms - http://cryptomoms.com/forum/general-discussion/9/women-in-cryptocurrency/501/

Women that aren't interested in the technology side of digital currency, are interested in the financial / investment side and this is one area in which DNotes will have a significant advantage with the CRISP and DNotesVault.

"FIRST ANNUAL BITCOIN WOMEN’S DAY IS COMING THIS SUNDAY"

"For all the ladies out there, Sunday, March 8th is going to be a very special day. For over 100 years, the world has celebrated International Women’s Day, and now the Bitcoin community will celebrate the first annual Bitcoin Women’s Day. This will shine a light on the integration and accomplishments of women within the Bitcoin community, and also to spurn the growth for women to begin using Bitcoin more.

A recent poll done by 99bitcoins.com shows that less than 8% of Bitcoin users are female, so there is plenty of room for growth and improvement with the largest demographic in the world..."

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/first-annual-bitcoin-womens-day-coming-sunday/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 04:06:21 PM

I think it's time to loose the " Hard Fork Block 537500 - Update Required" header, what do you guys think, has it been up long enough?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 05:02:41 PM

I think it's time to loose the " Hard Fork Block 537500 - Update Required" header, what do you guys think, has it been up long enough?

Sounds good to me. What do you think of:

CRISP for Retirement... Maximize your DNotes ROI!

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:20:39 PM

Sounds good to me. What do you think of:

CRISP for Retirement... Maximize your DNotes ROI!

Sounds great.  I like the idea of bringing attention to the current CRISP. 

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:56:57 PM

Yes, I think you can lose the hardfork header. I am a little behind today as it was a fantastic day here in PA. Sun out, mid 40s.....ah yes Spring is a coming. Anyway, I will send Dyna the CRISP Handbook outline around 10pm EST tonight at the latest. Please review and provide feedback, thanks!!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:26:58 PM

Yes, I think you can lose the hardfork header. I am a little behind today as it was a fantastic day here in PA. Sun out, mid 40s.....ah yes Spring is a coming. Anyway, I will send Dyna the CRISP Handbook outline around 10pm EST tonight at the latest. Please review and provide feedback, thanks!!

Ah yes. We just lost an hour but it means Spring is almost here. Spring is my favorite season when I can just enjoy all the pretty flowers in our garden and not have to put in any hard work, like weeding yet.

Looking forward to receiving the CRISP Handbook outline. Thanks, Marc.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 10:53:06 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 11:12:45 PM by infovortice2013

im thinking arround why not look for a mobile phone partner to give a pack to consumers and comerciants and traders? start develop soft with them, like is lot of trademarks fighting for a little piece of market, can be problable some of then are high interested, later can sell them with everything installed ready to use. like a normal wallet LOL , need a quality and cheap smartphone and more models too but for start i think is better cheap and quality

would be killer stuff for Dnotes, buy your retirement ect.. plan, almost you catch a dedicated smartphone ready to ride, and to manage your Dnotes. Can be the diference for mobile company and for Dnotes

like deposit of 10.000 Dnotes and wallet 100$ - having this product can initiate anti-pc users, and is internet everywhere

http://www.dx.com/p/lenovo-a238t-android-2-3-quad-core-bar-phone-w-4-0-capacitive-screen-wi-fi-gps-and-dual-sim-348518

http://www.dx.com/p/x-980-4-0-capacitive-screen-android-4-2-dual-core-smart-bar-phone-w-dual-cam-bluetooth-fm-340440

http://www.dx.com/p/cubot-gt95-dual-core-android-4-2-2-wcdma-bar-phone-w-4-0-ips-wi-fi-and-dual-sim-white-blue-330036

http://www.dx.com/p/h-mobile-f3-android-4-2-dual-core-gsm-smartphone-w-3-5-quad-band-wifi-bt-fm-blue-367450

http://www.dx.com/p/lenovo-a560-quad-core-android-4-3-wcdma-bar-phone-w-5-0-screen-wi-fi-and-gps-black-343033
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:55:05 PM

"this must be part of a larger package" It is. An array of programs.

But I must learn to just sit quietly, and read. Tee Gee and I are in communication.

M
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:30:07 PM

"this must be part of a larger package" It is. An array of programs.

But I must learn to just sit quietly, and read. Tee Gee and I are in communication.

M

Excellent. I thought as much. Work with Tee Gee and stay in touch.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: