Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:51:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:31:46 PM

For the CRISP definition contest:

Crisparian
[krisp-er-ēən]
noun

An experienced CRISP user.

Thanks cojack, and great job on the board game!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:38:32 PM

The CRISP Word Contest   -Prizes & Rules:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10712392#msg10712392

The CRISP Word Contest is still on and we could use more entries. 

Feel free to have some fun with the long list of CRISP words that will be a part of DNotes Dictionary in the future.  Does anyone have an award winning definition for "Laddered CRISP", "CRISP optimization", "CRISP sense", and so on...

CRISP Customized - what about a plan for future medical expenses - how would a CRISP make it work?

CRISP Board Game - ideas?

CRISPER

Noun - CRISP generator. Script or series of customer accessible web site commands used to create a CRISP account tailored to their individual needs.

Usage - "I just setup a family account using the CRISPER at DNotesVault.com, you should try it!"

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:07:25 PM

DNotesPool: Front end appears offline, backend working and making coins...

Looks like it's back up and working now. For you as well?

Nope, tried several devices and multiple paths and don't see any statistics other than "Net Hash Rate" on the dashboard and no "Contributor Hash Rate" on the stats screen. Not a big deal as long as mining is progressing but I do like to check my progress from time to time.

Yep, saw that eventually. Sent him an email.

Back up and running.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:31:13 PM

The CRISP Word Contest   -Prizes & Rules:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10712392#msg10712392

The CRISP Word Contest is still on and we could use more entries. 

Feel free to have some fun with the long list of CRISP words that will be a part of DNotes Dictionary in the future.  Does anyone have an award winning definition for "Laddered CRISP", "CRISP optimization", "CRISP sense", and so on...

CRISP Customized - what about a plan for future medical expenses - how would a CRISP make it work?

CRISP Board Game - ideas?

CRISPER

Noun - CRISP generator. Script or series of customer accessible web site commands used to create a CRISP account tailored to their individual needs.

Usage - "I just setup a family account using the CRISPER at DNotesVault.com, you should try it!"

Thanks RJF!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:34:40 PM

Off topic simple question: 

Someone was asking me what the difference was between forum post count and activity and I have no idea.  I can explain the post count but the some of the activity numbers haven't changed in days despite lots of posts so I gave up trying to figure it out.  I've looked and (it may be a case of I can't see the forest for the trees) couldn't find anything.  Is there somewhere they can find that info, the different levels, etc?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:15:09 PM

Someone was asking me what the difference was between forum post count and activity and I have no idea.  I can explain the post count but the some of the activity numbers haven't changed in days despite lots of posts so I gave up trying to figure it out.  I've looked and (it may be a case of I can't see the forest for the trees) couldn't find anything.  Is there somewhere they can find that info, the different levels, etc?

I know there is some formula, like posts / 14 * amount of time registered or something like that. I believe that is how they calculate your member status. This way a new member can't become a hero member overnight.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:26:46 PM

I think it's time to loose the " Hard Fork Block 537500 - Update Required" header, what do you guys think, has it been up long enough?

Sounds good to me. What do you think of:

CRISP for Retirement... Maximize your DNotes ROI!

like the idea of bringing attention to the current CRISP

Welcome to the DNotes forum Jeremysan!

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:36:07 PM

UPGRADES:
0 Posts: Brand New
0 Activity: Newbie
30 Activity: Jr. Member
60 Activity: Member
120 Activity: Full Member
240 Activity: Sr. Member
480 Activity: Hero Member

What is activity:
Activity = min(time * 14, posts)
Increase activity by posting.
Activity is updated every 30 minutes.
Maximum of 14 activity every 2 weeks.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:09:46 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 07:30:34 PM by Dyna

Wow! Here is a post from someone I know made on Dec. 17, 2012 when the price for 1 Bitcoin was worth only $14. His 1st. prediction, "I'd say there is a 90% chance that they'll be worth more at the end of 2013 than today." It reached around $1,200 in Dec. 2013.

His 2nd prediction, "I believe that one day a Satoshi will be worth 1USD - one day!"  ?? Wink
IMO - very aggressive. Not in my generation.

"Dec 19, 2012, 19:28:25    $14.00   2.30"   
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitmarketUSD_trades.html

He also said, "I think this is like the start of the internet all over again, this will be just as revolutionary if not more so." That is why I like this guy. He is part of our PR team.

Other / Beginners & Help / Re: What will BTC be worth in 12 months  on: December 17, 2012, 08:16:48 PM

Quote:

I'd say there is a 90% chance that they'll be worth more at the end of 2013 than today. I'm not sure of the exact amount but I believe that one day a Satoshi will be worth 1USD - one day!

I only discovered bitcoin a few days ago (I've been travelling the world and lost in the wilderness too long), and I think this is like the start of the internet all over again, this will be just as revolutionary if not more so. Everyone is saying "I wish I had bought more when they were cheaper" or "it's too late for me" what these people don't realise is that THIS IS the early days - bitcoin is still way on the fringes which is a great thing for us early adopters

They will be worth more at the end of 2013 - how much more? Nobody really knows but in the long term over 5 - 10 years or so you are looking at MASSIVE gains
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:09:37 PM

Wow! Here is a post from someone I know made on Dec. 17, 2012 when the price for 1 Bitcoin was worth only $14. His 1st. prediction, "I'd say there is a 90% chance that they'll be worth more at the end of 2013 than today." It reached around $1,200 in Dec. 2013.

His 2nd prediction, "I believe that one day a Satoshi will be worth 1USD - one day!"  ?? Wink
IMO - very aggressive. Not in my generation.

"Dec 19, 2012, 19:28:25    $14.00   2.30"   
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitmarketUSD_trades.html

He also said, "I think this is like the start of the internet all over again, this will be just as revolutionary if not more so." That is why I like this guy. He is part of our PR team.

Other / Beginners & Help / Re: What will BTC be worth in 12 months  on: December 17, 2012, 08:16:48 PM

Quote:

I'd say there is a 90% chance that they'll be worth more at the end of 2013 than today. I'm not sure of the exact amount but I believe that one day a Satoshi will be worth 1USD - one day!

I only discovered bitcoin a few days ago (I've been travelling the world and lost in the wilderness too long), and I think this is like the start of the internet all over again, this will be just as revolutionary if not more so. Everyone is saying "I wish I had bought more when they were cheaper" or "it's too late for me" what these people don't realise is that THIS IS the early days - bitcoin is still way on the fringes which is a great thing for us early adopters

They will be worth more at the end of 2013 - how much more? Nobody really knows but in the long term over 5 - 10 years or so you are looking at MASSIVE gains

I hope he's right about "a Satoshi will be worth 1USD" Cheesy
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:57:24 PM

"Some of the best ideas, including CryptoMoms and CRISP came from our community."

My great interest is the sociology of crypto-tribes.

(My health restricts me greatly; but my impulse is to thoroughly theorise the unique nature of trust-alliances -- universally integral to human societies -- in an environment characterised by (a) [I claim] some misapprehensions about the applications of 'trustless' technology, and (b) psuedonymity.)

For me, focussing on community-building is as obvious as pumping up your bicycle's tyres before you begin your trip; but the fact that all of us here know is that community-building has been overlooked by many coin communities.

[Lived for years in Jakarta. Forgotten so much of my Bahasa. We tried an 'outreach program' in late 2013, through contacts I still have. Sadly, nuh, no go.]

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 12:39:24 AM

For discussion:

What can a crypto community do that a group of individuals cannot?

DNotesVault
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:58:13 AM

For discussion:

Be correct a larger percentage of the time.

A larger group of folks will make the right call more times than a smaller group. Even the smartest person is not smarter than a larger group. Combined brainpower! Also, even the smallest contributions are sometimes built upon to make a huge difference. Different points of view can get a person (or group) to think differently, seeing it from another angle. Dyna and I think alike in many ways, but in many ways our different way of thinking can affect the other in very positive ways. Our VERY different background and upbringing helps us, as does the diversity here at DNotes. I have had the opportunity to work with very diverse groups in the past, but this group is more diverse than any other. Bodes well for our future.

Great ideas here, keep up the GREAT work.

Smokey
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:11:35 AM

For discussion:

Interesting... As I read the question, I immediately thought I would be able to come up with a bunch of answers, but as I think through it, I guess not.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 01:23:25 AM

"Some of the best ideas, including CryptoMoms and CRISP came from our community."

(My health restricts me greatly; but my impulse is to thoroughly theorise the unique nature of trust-alliances -- universally integral to human societies -- in an environment characterised by (a) [I claim] some misapprehensions about the applications of 'trustless' technology, and (b) psuedonymity.)

For me, focussing on community-building is as obvious as pumping up your bicycle's tyres before you begin your trip; but the fact that all of us here know is that community-building has been overlooked by many coin communities.

[Lived for years in Jakarta. Forgotten so much of my Bahasa. We tried an 'outreach program' in late 2013, through contacts I still have. Sadly, nuh, no go.]

Dyna has been busy working on projects. But you are absolutely correct, community building is extremely important. Working together for mutual benefit is always better than trying to go it alone.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:01:20 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 02:12:20 AM by mafort1469

For discussion:

Be correct a larger percentage of the time.

A larger group of folks will make the right call more times than a smaller group. Even the smartest person is not smarter than a larger group. Combined brainpower! Also, even the smallest contributions are sometimes built upon to make a huge difference. Different points of view can get a person (or group) to think differently, seeing it from another angle. Dyna and I think alike in many ways, but in many ways our different way of thinking can affect the other in very positive ways. Our VERY different background and upbringing helps us, as does the diversity here at DNotes. I have had the opportunity to work with very diverse groups in the past, but this group is more diverse than any other. Bodes well for our future.

Great ideas here, keep up the GREAT work.

Smokey

Yes, I agree a collective of minds will always proposed better solutions/make better decisions than a few particular individuals. Each person's past experiences will come into play. Taking into account all views/history of that group, decisions of that group will have a better outcome than any a few individuals could make. Sure those few individuals might 'guess' a few correct times, but in the end the group will have the stronger decisions and thus will prevail. Think Board Members, etc.. A Board has tremendous power and will make the correct decision the majority of the time.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:02:37 AM

Dyna has been busy working on projects. But you are absolutely correct, community building is extremely important. Working together for mutual benefit is always better than trying to go it alone.

As a community we can evolve as a species and as a group to the next level because of the constant brainstorming. Friendly competition within this brainstorming process can also help us all access parts of ourselves and stretch ourselves to limits we previously never thought were possible in our time. By becoming a think-tank of ideas and being open to every idea, however outlandish it may sound at the time we can certainly go to frontiers never before explored. We have to be an OPEN-MINDED AND ACCEPTING Community of course to achieve this kind of process and result.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 12:47:12 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 01:36:46 PM by RJF

As a community we can evolve as a species and as a group to the next level because of the constant brainstorming. Friendly competition within this brainstorming process can also help us all access parts of ourselves and stretch ourselves to limits we previously never thought were possible in our time. By becoming a think-tank of ideas and being open to every idea, however outlandish it may sound at the time we can certainly go to frontiers never before explored. We have to be an OPEN-MINDED AND ACCEPTING Community of course to achieve this kind of process and result.  Smiley

Community = Cooperation

Yes indeed, a community tends to think alike over time but with enough variation to maintain a healthy spread of somewhat differing view points on a common focus while a group tends to maintain individual agendas constantly seeking balance. Also, groups, can be poorly focused, tending to break into smaller groups which dilutes the power in numbers even more.

Communities have leadership and structure while groups struggle to find a common focus and leadership, if present, may change often which further weakens the cohesion of the individual members. DNotes supporters and investors represent a community. While we don't all know each other personally, we do share a common focus and a common goal. We have leadership and we are focused on success.

A word about leadership. In it's simplest form, leading is simply showing the way. It is providing an example for others to follow and it is helping people solve problems using available resources. What it is not, is telling people what to do especially if the leader does not practice what is preached. It is also, in many cases, a tool for building a community to pull members together toward achieving the common goal.

In DNotes, we are fortunate to have leaders who understand these principles. I have been on both sides of the coin, so to speak, throughout my life and I have seen many organizations thrive that looked like they would fail and many fail that had all the necessary parts to thrive, because of leadership issues. Those leaders who made their groups into communities and gave them the tools and guidance to win, prospered. Those who only found fault and demanded obedience, failed. This has been proven over and over throughout history yet, people still take the wrong approach time and time again. Human nature I suppose. Individuals need to feel they are contributing something valuable to the community, no matter how small. Good leaders will nurture and recognize this need bringing guidance and cohesion to the group. At some point, a community forms.

Yes, DNotes will prosper, we have the leadership, we have the community, we have the focus, we have the goal in site and we enjoy what we do. So, no matter what, don't loose site of the goal. What is the goal you ask? Success. Pure and simple, whatever your definition, whatever your measure, success is the goal. Some of you may have a value in mind, a certain exchange rate in your native currency. Some of you may want to see DNotes helping the worlds unbanked. Some of you might want to see DNotes displace the Bitcoin before success can be achieved. And, my personal favorite, some of you may want to change the financial system to improve our quality of life, in all areas, through new and exciting offerings and features that allow the individual to take charge of their own financial future.

The beauty of community is, it doesn't matter what your idea of success may be, as long as you recognize the other persons idea of success as well. And that my friends, will keep us moving toward the light...

DNotesVault
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:41:13 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 07:31:26 PM by Chase

As a community we can evolve as a species and as a group to the next level because of the constant brainstorming. Friendly competition within this brainstorming process can also help us all access parts of ourselves and stretch ourselves to limits we previously never thought were possible in our time. By becoming a think-tank of ideas and being open to every idea, however outlandish it may sound at the time we can certainly go to frontiers never before explored. We have to be an OPEN-MINDED AND ACCEPTING Community of course to achieve this kind of process and result.  Smiley

Community = Cooperation

Yes indeed, a community tends to think alike over time but with enough variation to maintain a healthy spread of somewhat differing view points on a common focus while a group tends to maintain individual agendas constantly seeking balance. Also, groups, can be poorly focused, tending to break into smaller groups which dilutes the power in numbers even more.

Communities have leadership and structure while groups struggle to find a common focus and leadership, if present, may change often which further weakens the cohesion of the individual members. DNotes supporters and investors represent a community. While we don't all know each other personally, we do share a common focus and a common goal. We have leadership and we are focused on success.

A word about leadership. In it's simplest form, leading is simply showing the way. It is providing an example for others to follow and it is helping people solve problems using available resources. What it is not, is telling people what to do especially if the leader does not practice what is preached. It is also, in many cases, a tool for building a community to pull members together toward achieving the common goal.

In DNotes, we are fortunate to have leaders who understand these principles. I have been on both sides of the coin, so to speak, throughout my life and I have seen many organizations thrive that looked like they would fail and many fail that had all the necessary parts to thrive, because of leadership issues. Those leaders who made their groups into communities and gave them the tools and guidance to win, prospered. Those who only found fault and demanded obedience, failed. This has been proven over and over throughout history yet, people still take the wrong approach time and time again. Human nature I suppose. Individuals need to feel they are contributing something valuable to the community, no matter how small. Good leaders will nurture and recognize this need bringing guidance and cohesion to the group. At some point, a community forms.

Yes, DNotes will prosper, we have the leadership, we have the community, we have the focus, we have the goal in site and we enjoy what we do. So, no matter what, don't loose site of the goal. What is the goal you ask? Success. Pure and simple, whatever your definition, whatever your measure, success is the goal. Some of you may have a value in mind, a certain exchange rate in your native currency. Some of you may want to see DNotes helping the worlds unbanked. Some of you might want to see DNotes displace the Bitcoin before success can be achieved. And, my personal favorite, some of you may want to change the financial system to improve our quality of life, in all areas, through new and exciting offerings and features that allow the individual to take charge of their own financial future.

The beauty of community is, it doesn't matter what your idea of success may be, as long as you recognize the other persons idea of success as well. And that my friends, will keep us moving toward the light...

That was very inspirational RJF, thank you.  What you have written made me think of what it takes to give a family strength as well.  A good parent will display these same characteristics and a parent that "only finds fault and demands obedience, will fail".  Our community of good parents Smiley is shaping the growth and future of DNotes.

"It Takes A Village To Raise A Child" (African Proverb)

Edit:  I probably should have put quotation marks around the word "parents" as there will always be someone who takes it literally.  Rephrased, it is the community members that are the "parents" raising DNotes.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:04:52 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 03:25:11 PM by Dyna

Community = Cooperation

That was very inspirational RJF, thank you.  What you have written made me think of what it takes to give a family strength as well.  A good parent will display these same characteristics and a parent that "only finds fault and demands obedience, will fail".  Our community of good parents Smiley is shaping the growth and future of DNotes.

"It Takes A Village To Raise A Child" (African Proverb)

RJF, that is an excellent post. Building an ideal community to advance DNotes missions is vital to our long term success. This seems to be a subject of great interest to many of you. We appreciate your participation. I am committed to work on a number of other projects this week and will not be able to participate in the on going discussion as much as I would like to. However, I will make a few brief comments and suggest that we try to expand the concept of our community building to a global level. We may want to turn it into a news article at some point in the new future.

Some of you may remember that we mentioned the importance of building a strong community right after DNotes was launched. We presented our argument that just wanting a “strong community” like our industry peers was not good enough. It must be a productive community with good leadership directions backed by a never ending commitment to support the community with the needed financial and other resources. Perhaps someone can to do a quick look-back and quote what was said.

To avoid potential misunderstanding, let me stress on one of our very important guiding principals in building DNotes’ community. We are not building a charity, a not for profit entity or an organization with strong political or extreme view points. We are building a business consisting of a digital currency and related businesses to generate fundamental values to support the currency with a healthy growth path. As a community we seek to identify large scale global problems with practical local solutions. By working together, in different groups, and as a community with common goals we believe that together we can be much more successful than any single individual or single group efforts. We are committed to projects that will mutually benefit everyone individually, as a group and as a community. We also believe that by working with others including charity organizations and high net worth individuals, DNotes will help to alleviate some major global problems including under funded retirement, declining productivity, unemployment, crippling student loan crises, poverties and the unbanked.

We that said, let us try to add and expand on the following headline, which could be a future article to be published:

A New Approach in Building A Worldwide Community With DNotes To Alleviate Global Problems
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: