Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:49:43 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've added new questions to the DNotes Education Tool (available on Google Play). These new questions were submitted by Chase and Infovortice. Along with the quiz, I've included an information index to include basic Digital Currency terminology, definitions, and other important information. The quiz is impossible to fail, and is designed to teach people of every intellectual level. It will also relieve the often painstaking task of explaining Digital Currency to someone who is technologically illiterate.

Please test it out, and leave your feedback.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tool.DNotesEDU

The information database of this app will continue to grow, and will be incorporating ideas from the DNotes community every step of the way.

I think it's a great idea that you are involving the community in this!  Maybe this app can help tame public misconceptions and the "media beast".  I have another question you can use if you like it:

Which of the following ground breaking innovations was originally thought to have little chance of success?
a)  The automobile
b)  The internet
c)  digital currency
d)  all of the above

Note:  Many early investors went on to make their fortune in the automobile and internet industries. The digital currency industry is still in it's infancy.

Great question, it's been added.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:11:50 AM

Quote from: Dyna on April 02, 2015, 02:28:48 AM

Below is an email I am sending to Universities and Colleges in Illinois. It is posted for your reference in case you like to come up with a version of your own. Any help to make CRISP For Students a success will be well appreciated.

Subject: Bitcoin Alternative Digital Currency DNotes

Hello,

I am Alan Yong, Co-Founder of DNotes, a Bitcoin alternative digital currency. I trust that you are well aware that digital currency is considered by many technology visionaries, including myself, as the greatest technology revolution since the internet. It will be the most disruptive technology our generation has witnessed, causing a quantum shift with world changing implications including massive job and wealth creation. Many universities are now considering offering classes related to digital currency………………………………..

Quote from TeeGee:

I really like this. These universities are going to jump at the opportunity to have a high profile entrepreneur visit their students and talk about small and medium sized enterprise and the future of money with digital currency. There are many different faculties that you could speak to, from the top of my head: finance, economics, business studies, computer science, crypto studies (if offered - which you could become the lecturing component of the preceding courses if it isn't).

DNotes is doing what everybody else is not, I can't wait until I meet somebody who mentions DNotes before I have a chance to!

Quote from Dyna

It will take a little bit of time but I am confident this will be the most efficient use of my time. DNotes is already a proven success story. We will continue to follow a strategic path based on our own time schedule. This will be a very interesting year as DNotes get discovered by more and more people.

Many of our investment decisions are made based on available options and choices. Given the time and knowledge of available options, as a group, we always make the best choice. For many large investors today, Bitcoin is the only known option. DNotes will eventually change. That day may not be more than a year away. Smart investors will stay invested for the long term while others will cash out for a small spread. The greed and fear factor of investors will forever remain the same. Don’t expect DNotes to be treated and differently
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:15:23 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've added new questions to the DNotes Education Tool (available on Google Play). These new questions were submitted by Chase and Infovortice. Along with the quiz, I've included an information index to include basic Digital Currency terminology, definitions, and other important information. The quiz is impossible to fail, and is designed to teach people of every intellectual level. It will also relieve the often painstaking task of explaining Digital Currency to someone who is technologically illiterate.

The information database of this app will continue to grow, and will be incorporating ideas from the DNotes community every step of the way.

I think it's a great idea that you are involving the community in this!  Maybe this app can help tame public misconceptions and the "media beast".  I have another question you can use if you like it:

Which of the following ground breaking innovations was originally thought to have little chance of success?
a)  The automobile
b)  The internet
c)  digital currency
d)  all of the above

Note:  Many early investors went on to make their fortune in the automobile and internet industries. The digital currency industry is still in it's infancy.

Excellent work. I am following the project closely and appreciate your contributions very much.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 01:29:37 AM

Looking great!

A couple suggestions: I didn't know my answer were correct, until I went back through and started answering them incorrectly to see what would happen. Also, I would love to see some information about places to safely store your coins. Exchanges are good for storing small amounts, and to get started, but certainly not for large quantities or long term storage. Maybe covering the different types of wallets and how they can be vulnerable. That might get a little techie for some, but for someone just starting out, it might be good if they understand protecting their coins fairly quickly. Give it some thought, I'm not sure if those suggestions are a good fit for what you are trying to accomplish, and it might be better to highlight the benefits and squash the misnomers.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:34:07 AM

a)  The automobile
b)  The internet
c)  digital currency
d)  all of the above

Excellent work. I am following the project closely and appreciate your contributions very much.

I'm glad to help!

Looking great!

A couple suggestions: I didn't know my answer were correct, until I went back through and started answering them incorrectly to see what would happen. Also, I would love to see some information about places to safely store your coins. Exchanges are good for storing small amounts, and to get started, but certainly not for large quantities or long term storage. Maybe covering the different types of wallets and how they can be vulnerable. That might get a little techie for some, but for someone just starting out, it might be good if they understand protecting their coins fairly quickly. Give it some thought, I'm not sure if those suggestions are a good fit for what you are trying to accomplish, and it might be better to highlight the benefits and squash the misnomers.

That's what I was going for, I'll include both suggestions in the next update. You're absolutely right about new users having enough knowlege to protect their coins. Losing money early on by theft or error could turn someone off of Digital Currency for life.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:40:54 AM

Below is an email I am sending to Universities and Colleges in Illinois. It is posted for your reference in case you like to come up with a version of your own. Any help to make CRISP For Students a success will be well appreciated.

Hello,

I am Alan Yong, Co-Founder of DNotes, a Bitcoin alternative digital currency. I trust that you are well aware that digital currency is considered by many technology visionaries, including myself, as the greatest technology revolution since the internet. It will be the most disruptive technology our generation has witnessed, causing a quantum shift with world changing implications including massive job and wealth creation. Many universities are now considering offering classes related to digital currency………………………………..

Quote from TeeGee:

I really like this. These universities are going to jump at the opportunity to have a high profile entrepreneur visit their students and talk about small and medium sized enterprise and the future of money with digital currency. There are many different faculties that you could speak to, from the top of my head: finance, economics, business studies, computer science, crypto studies (if offered - which you could become the lecturing component of the preceding courses if it isn't).

DNotes is doing what everybody else is not, I can't wait until I meet somebody who mentions DNotes before I have a chance to!

Quote from Dyna

It will take a little bit of time but I am confident this will be the most efficient use of my time. DNotes is already a proven success story. We will continue to follow a strategic path based on our own time schedule. This will be a very interesting year as DNotes get discovered by more and more people.

Many of our investment decisions are made based on available options and choices. Given the time and knowledge of available options, as a group, we always make the best choice. For many large investors today, Bitcoin is the only known option. DNotes will eventually change. That day may not be more than a year away. Smart investors will stay invested for the long term while others will cash out for a small spread. The greed and fear factor of investors will forever remain the same. Don’t expect DNotes to be treated and differently

I got a student to sign up for a CRISP account today who couldn't believe that DNotesVault is a free service, and was shocked to receive some DNotes. Keep up the good work, this program will be VERY well received.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 03:04:59 AM

Hello,

Quote from TeeGee:

Quote from Dyna

I got a student to sign up for a CRISP account today who couldn't believe that DNotesVault is a free service, and was shocked to receive some DNotes. Keep up the good work, this program will be VERY well received.

There might come a time when students around the world could not find a good reason for failure to sign up for CRISP For Students months ago when 1 (one) free DNotes was still given to each new account. I trust that Chase will repost this quote when it happened.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 03:59:42 AM

Hello,

Quote from TeeGee:

Quote from Dyna

There might come a time when students around the world could not find a good reason for failure to sign up for CRISP For Students months ago when 1 (one) free DNotes was still given to each new account. I trust that Chase will repost this quote when it happened.

I will definitely repost this quote even though there may be some tears from those who had the chance and never took it.

One thing that really impresses me about DNotes is how all the building blocks are being put in place so that everything is ready for a mass influx of people.  The vault, all the different savings programs, etc gives everyone a safe, and somewhat familiar, place to land.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:38:55 AM

Hello,

Quote from TeeGee:

Quote from Dyna

I will definitely repost this quote even though there may be some tears from those who had the chance and never took it.

One thing that really impresses me about DNotes is how all the building blocks are being put in place so that everything is ready for a mass influx of people.  The vault, all the different savings programs, etc gives everyone a safe, and somewhat familiar, place to land.

I agree totally, the Vault is an ecosystem for savers from the cradle to the gave, actually there should be one CRISP also for burial expenses, I know sounds a bit eerie but we all gonna travel to the other side at one point and we don't wanna put strain on our families once that event happens. I had to request a wd from some of our vault funds so I can actually have some liquidity to trade DNOTES again as it is a great coin to trade and wanna mnake mroe DNOTES for our fund.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:46:02 AM

"Maybe covering the different types of wallets and how they can be vulnerable. That might get a little techie for some, but for someone just starting out, it might be good if they understand protecting their coins fairly quickly."

You can set up a thread to provide info on security, and perhaps someone could volunteer to manage it. The info can be arranged from Day One Security onward. And the link to the thread could be cross-posted to all projects -- like cryptomoms.

My Mob prides itself on providing tech-support for newcomers, and this community is clearly organised enough to achieve it.

Otherwise -- and it's time it was said aloud -- the attitude of most communities to 'customer service' continues to be appalling. Gettin' this right is like picking up money lying on the ground!!

m
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:21:49 PM

The Easter long weekend is a great opportunity to help friends and family by telling them about the CRISP programs.  Many students go home for the weekend, and a one on one conversation about the CRISP For Students may be with a person that will tell everyone they know.  I don't look at this as advertising, but rather as helping the people you care about.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:54:13 PM

The Easter long weekend is a great opportunity to help friends and family by telling them about the CRISP programs.  Many students go home for the weekend, and a one on one conversation about the CRISP For Students may be with a person that will tell everyone they know.  I don't look at this as advertising, but rather as helping the people you care about.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Smiley Smiley

Thanks, Chase. That is a great idea. All of our CRISP projects are intended to help others gain some financial freedom, if they are willing to help themselves by consistently saving a little for the long term.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone!!
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 03:21:32 PM

i found one coin that has one special program for noobs to mine it with cpu or gpu just with 3 click, like plug and play, i wish we have this for DNotes its really good weapon to global adoption. and really good for securize network, if you find 1 milions cpus arround the wordl the network its 1000% healtier than 1000Mhas individual miner, and produce a not stressing join in crypto world, so good. everybody can join the network and produce his coins with 3 clicks

left link take a look to noob miner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg10170256#msg10170256

what do you think is possible we have that for DNotes?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 03:53:51 PM

i found one coin that has one special program for noobs to mine it with cpu or gpu just with 3 click, like plug and play, i wish we have this for DNotes its really good weapon to global adoption. and really good for securize network, if you find 1 milions cpus arround the wordl the network its 1000% healtier than 1000Mhas individual miner, and produce a not stressing join in crypto world, so good. everybody can join the network and produce his coins with 3 clicks

left link take a look to noob miner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg10170256#msg10170256

Very interesting concept. Basically makes mining much easier for someone who is interested in mining. I can see the value as a marketing tool.

infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 04:20:38 PM

yeah not only for miners, everybody ask from where comes this coins how are produced,,, second phrase usally is meh im going to give my money to this man,,, with this in one minute ask this question saying you produce the coins and showing with 3 clicks.

but also make a big change in hashnet growing a lot of users easy, specially for DNotes that is long time "assured investion" or safer coin, not mind not mine a lot becose understand his value for long term and all months can add something to retirement plan. or studing plan or for kids,  charity, ect..
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:42:22 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 05:25:05 PM by Dyna

Very interesting concept. Basically makes mining much easier for someone who is interested in mining. I can see the value as a marketing tool.

This is not something we want to get involved over the near term. The amount of technical support will overwhelm our precious resources, including this valuable forum we have worked hard to build. There are unintended consequences people in our industry often failed to realize. A good example is the proof of stake. I have visited many forums with POS and noticed a large percentage of their forum postings were POS technical support related.

However, it is a project we are very interested in at some point in the future and it fits perfectly well with the potentially very number of account holders we will have then. By the year 2020 there will be over 5 billion smart cell phones worldwide with immense computing power and other customed features. That will be a great time to have a few million people mining DNotes worldwide using their cell phones.  We could be starting this project much earlier, of course.

One of our greatest assets is our discipline and ability to remained highly focused working on projects that matter most at that period in time. It is just as important not to get ahead of technologies but always be deeply informed and well positioned to participate in and exploit them at the most opportune time.

The first mover advantage is often over estimated. Pioneers often pay a very high price and struggle just to stay alive, avoiding many pitfalls, while allowing others who come from behind to learn from their mistakes and take full advantage on what has been accomplished and paid for. Good timing is invaluable.
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:04:09 PM

One of our greatest assets is our discipline and ability to remained highly focused working on projects that matter most at that period in time. It is just as important not to get ahead of technologies but always be deeply informed and well positioned to participate in and exploit them at the most opportune time.

The first mover advantage is often over estimated. Pioneers often pay a very high price and struggle just to stay alive, avoiding many pitfalls, while allowing others who come from behind to learn from their mistakes and take full advantage on what has been accomplished and paid for. Good time is invaluable.

Amazingly well said.

To quote Jobs on the same topic: “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you've got to focus on. But that's not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I'm actually as proud of the things we haven't done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.”

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 05:24:59 PM

The first mover advantage is often over estimated. Pioneers often pay a very high price and struggle just to stay alive, avoiding many pitfalls, while allowing others who come from behind to learn from their mistakes and take full advantage on what has been accomplished and paid for. Good time is invaluable.

Amazingly well said.

To quote Jobs on the same topic: “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you've got to focus on. But that's not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I'm actually as proud of the things we haven't done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.”

Good to hear form you MiningHabit. That is a great quote, and there will be a lot of excellent ideas we may have to say no to. That said, allowing everyone, regardless of tech experience, to mine for themselves is important to us.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:38:55 PM

Quote from Dyna:

The first mover advantage is often over estimated. Pioneers often pay a very high price and struggle just to stay alive, avoiding many pitfalls, while allowing others who come from behind to learn from their mistakes and take full advantage on what has been accomplished and paid for. Good timing is invaluable.

Quote from MinningHabit:
(Quoting the late Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple Computer:

Amazingly well said.

Happy to see you, MinningHabit. Hope you and your family are all doing well. Our very best to you all.

infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 06:53:05 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 07:50:32 PM by infovortice2013

Dont worry everybody make a fault sometimes.

i think resources and time to deploy this are minimal, and potencial for gain users, and Dnotesvault accounts its great.

haha just showing interesting news of outthere.
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: