Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:49:05 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 05:27:09 PM by Chase

I want everyone's opinion on this one:

Which name do you prefer, "DNotes Digital Currency Education Tool" or "DNotes Guide to Digital Currency"? Also if you have a suggestion, I'm open to hearing new ideas.

The app is currently called DNotes Education Tool, and is available on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tool.DNotesEDU

I would recommend
Cryptocurrency Quiz - How much do you know about digital currency?

Using digital currency because it is the 'preferred term' didn't elude me, but I think more people will search for cryptocurrency.
http://www.straply.com/search/cryptocurrency
Click on the different apps to see more.

I also recommend, no matter what name you chose, to make very descriptive so the customer knows exactly what is when they see the title (if I search for something on my phone, all I see is the title and author).

Great job on the app. How about when someone answers, having a little description about the answer? "That's correct. Good job! A paper wallet can be a safe option if you learn how to ... Click here to Continue"

I like "DNotes Guide to Digital Currency", but I also really like the word education in the title.  I agree with kanus1113 that more people will search for cryptocurrency and I also like the wording of his recommendation.  Here is a compromise possibility:

DNotes Educational Guide (title)
Cryptocurrency Quiz - How much do you know about digital currency? (subtitle)

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:00:55 PM

Which name do you prefer, "DNotes Digital Currency Education Tool" or "DNotes Guide to Digital Currency"? Also if you have a suggestion, I'm open to hearing new ideas.

The app is currently called DNotes Education Tool, and is available on Google Play.

I would recommend

Using digital currency because it is the 'preferred term' didn't elude me, but I think more people will search for cryptocurrency.

I also recommend, no matter what name you chose, to make very descriptive so the customer knows exactly what is when they see the title (if I search for something on my phone, all I see is the title and author).

Great job on the app. How about when someone answers, having a little description about the answer? "That's correct. Good job! A paper wallet can be a safe option if you learn how to ... Click here to Continue"

I like "DNotes Guide to Digital Currency", but I also really like the word education in the title.  I agree with kanus1113 that more people will search for cryptocurrency and I also like the wording of his recommendation.  Here is a compromise possibility:

DNotes Educational Guide (title)
Cryptocurrency Quiz - How much do you know about digital currency? (subtitle)

That is very clever. I like that.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:28:50 PM

I would recommend

Great idea for the name, I'll include it in the next update. Not only is is more descriptive, but contains more keywords, I like it.

The other idea is good too, it was included in the update I launched last night.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:47:13 PM

'It may be a challenge at first to get your friends into crypto because the blockchain sounds complicated to them, and they oft say 'what do I do with it?' after you tell them that it is cash.'

One key here is to be prepared to buy and sell coin for cash at physical meetups. This facilitates 'micro-volume loops' in households, neighbourhoods, the student accommodation of a uni, the uni cafe, a local market -- anywhere people can connect a laptop to the Internet.

It is clumsy and time-consuming, but it brings together hands-on experience, tech-support, and discussion of cryptos.

We got the wife of a local President of the Chamber of Commerce to 'buy' a jar of chutney at an Easter fair. She'd never heard of 'cryptographic currencies.' But she hit the 'Send' button on my android Litecoin wallet, and we gave her the chutney (paid for out of our commercial-development budget).

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:46:07 AM

Just spotted more news clipping:

Digital Journal
04-02-2015

Digital Currency Student Debt Solutions Offered by Bitcoin Alternative DNotes
with Long Term Savings Plans for Students

DNotes launched the first Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) For Students, aimed at providing them multiple solutions and opportunities. Universities, schools and clubs will be apportioned codes allowing enrolled students to register to be awarded 500 free DNotes.

Chicago, IL -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/02/2015 -
http://www.fxinter.net/en/free-realtime-forex-news.aspx?ID=100977&direct=Digital+Currency+Student+Debt+Solutions+Offered+by
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:52:55 AM

'It may be a challenge at first to get your friends into crypto because the blockchain sounds complicated to them, and they oft say 'what do I do with it?' after you tell them that it is cash.'

One key here is to be prepared to buy and sell coin for cash at physical meetups. This facilitates 'micro-volume loops' in households, neighbourhoods, the student accommodation of a uni, the uni cafe, a local market -- anywhere people can connect a laptop to the Internet.

It is clumsy and time-consuming, but it brings together hands-on experience, tech-support, and discussion of cryptos.

We got the wife of a local President of the Chamber of Commerce to 'buy' a jar of chutney at an Easter fair. She'd never heard of 'cryptographic currencies.' But she hit the 'Send' button on my android Litecoin wallet, and we gave her the chutney (paid for out of our commercial-development budget).

Thanks for showing up Mark. This is a big family get together weekend in America. Don't expect much happening here till Monday. Have a good weekend and Happy Easter.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:55:18 AM

Tee hee

on duty, me
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:51:34 AM

Happy Easter everyone!  Have a great day with your family and friends!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:04:41 PM

"One key here is to be prepared to buy and sell coin for cash at physical meetups"

And this I shall do at my uni, I never quite thought of creating a 'crypto' group for my university!!! Thank you for turning my mind to it. At such a place, I could purchase DNotes from the exchange, and sell it to students. I'll need to get this 'independent reserve' exchange website up and going first, because buying btc to later purchase DNotes is damn expensive in NZ, and takes forever. I'll continue to mull it over.

Easter is all over this side of the world now, I wish our US/CA friends a happy family holiday.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 02:52:20 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Happy Easter all!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:19:39 PM

"One key here is to be prepared to buy and sell coin for cash at physical meetups"

And this I shall do at my uni, I never quite thought of creating a 'crypto' group for my university!!! Thank you for turning my mind to it. At such a place, I could purchase DNotes from the exchange, and sell it to students. I'll need to get this 'independent reserve' exchange website up and going first, because buying btc to later purchase DNotes is damn expensive in NZ, and takes forever. I'll continue to mull it over.

Easter is all over this side of the world now, I wish our US/CA friends a happy family holiday.

Happy family holiday everyone!
neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 08:22:26 PM

Happy Easter everybody!

Nele

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:09:45 AM

Happy Easter everybody!

Nele

Happy Easter to you too Nele!

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:18:30 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Have a lovely Easter..I hope for the next few months to heavily trade DNOTES to try to grow some more.. so had to take from vault to liquify..I hope if I can make another 10k Dnotes from trading over the next few months to put back what I took from vault then have pure funds to trade to make more will be good for the retirement funding.. Smiley..I am hoping some other investments will also pay off so can get the vault to 100k at some point before the year end..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:11:02 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 12:54:04 PM by Dyna

Happy Easter everyone!  Have a great day with your family and friends!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Have a lovely Easter..I hope for the next few months to heavily trade DNOTES to try to grow some more.. so had to take from vault to liquify..I hope if I can make another 10k Dnotes from trading over the next few months to put back what I took from vault then have pure funds to trade to make more will be good for the retirement funding.. Smiley..I am hoping some other investments will also pay off so can get the vault to 100k at some point before the year end..

Hi Qiwoman2. I sent you an email a few days ago. Not sure if you received it. If you have changed your email address, please let me know. I will re-send it. Thanks.

Glad to know that you had a good weekend. Hope everyone did too. We had a nice family gathering and had a great time. Sometime, it is good to have a quite period from the high drama Bitcoin world. It is becoming rather evident that the Bitcoin-Digital Currency world in indestructible. That is actually a very good thing and gives us even more confident that digital currency will indeed be the future of money, for those who still have doubts.

It was depressing to read about the near implosion of the Bitcoin Foundation. It’s sad, but it will come to pass. Bitcoin and Digital Currency may be dealt a temporary blow but should not suffer any permanent damage. After all, Bitcoin has died 53 times according to Bitcoin Obituaries.

BOARD MEMBER OLIVIER JANSSENS LEAKS DAMNING FACTS ABOUT THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION

http://HTTPS://WWW.CRYPTOCOINSNEWS.COM/BOARD-MEMBER-OLIVIER-JANSSENS-LEAKS-DAMNING-FACTS-BITCOIN-FOUNDATION/

Bitcoin Obituaries

Bitcoin has died 53 times

http://bitcoinobituaries.com/

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:43:22 PM

Digital Currency is certainly not due to die.

Swiss investment bank UBS is set to open a London-based research lab to explore the application of blockchain technology in the financial services industry.

The innovation lab, due to open later this month, will be housed at FinTech accelerator Level39 in Canary Wharf – one of London's major business districts.

A group of financial technologists will lead the initiative, which attempts to bring together experts from both the banking and FinTech sectors to examine how traditional banking can drive business growth through innovation.

Oliver Bussmann, group CIO at UBS, said in a statement:

"Our innovation lab at Level39 will provide a unique platform to explore emerging technologies such as Blockchain and crypto-currencies, and to understand the potential impact for the industry."

"We are moving away from a purely in-house innovation strategy, optimising collaboration opportunities with the growing FinTech business, start-up and investor community in an open and transparent way," he continued.

The news comes after the Swiss banking giant published an extensive report in March last year outlining the widespread benefits bitcoin's technology could offer if it was co-opted by the traditional banking system.

See more @ http://www.coindesk.com/ubs-to-research-blockchain-technology-in-london-lab/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 02:56:01 PM

Digital Currency is certainly not due to die.

Swiss investment bank UBS is set to open a London-based research lab to explore the application of blockchain technology in the financial services industry.

The innovation lab, due to open later this month, will be housed at FinTech accelerator Level39 in Canary Wharf – one of London's major business districts.

A group of financial technologists will lead the initiative, which attempts to bring together experts from both the banking and FinTech sectors to examine how traditional banking can drive business growth through innovation.

Oliver Bussmann, group CIO at UBS, said in a statement:

"Our innovation lab at Level39 will provide a unique platform to explore emerging technologies such as Blockchain and crypto-currencies, and to understand the potential impact for the industry."

"We are moving away from a purely in-house innovation strategy, optimising collaboration opportunities with the growing FinTech business, start-up and investor community in an open and transparent way," he continued.

The news comes after the Swiss banking giant published an extensive report in March last year outlining the widespread benefits bitcoin's technology could offer if it was co-opted by the traditional banking system.

See more @ http://www.coindesk.com/ubs-to-research-blockchain-technology-in-london-lab/

It feels as if there has been a large shift in perspective from the business world just in the last few months. From attempting to discredit it or taking a negative stance to questioning how it can be useful. As more and more companies explore the possibilities of cryptocurrency, it will create a friendly environment and increase utilization.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 03:01:30 PM

I not forget evocoins and bter coins, and some mtgox coins, are all pending to dump on markets ... i think harder days still to come for btc and evidently for all ecosystem.

Maybe is good to present DNotes proyect to this swiss investment bank and others ?

Weekend in Spain was amazing you can see traditional shows everywhere. If you are religious hope some day can travel and enjoy it, this is unique.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 03:57:47 PM

I not forget evocoins and bter coins, and some mtgox coins, are all pending to dump on markets ... i think harder days still to come for btc and evidently for all ecosystem.

Maybe is good to present DNotes proyect to this swiss investment bank and others ?

Weekend in Spain was amazing you can see traditional shows everywhere. If you are religious hope some day can travel and enjoy it, this is unique.

We will suffer some of those growing pains, but we are very optimistic.

The future relationships and projects is what we are working toward. Building the foundation with projects like CRISP programs. Dyna is working very hard to start building those relationships.

Glad to hear had a good time. Spain is very rich in culture and tradition, I'm sure it was fun.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:15:00 PM

This article isn't worth reading, so don't waste your time.  I was just curious if anyone has heard of a "bitcoin gun"? LOL

"Federal Agents Arrest Bitcoin Gun Buyer in Sting Operation"

http://www.coindesk.com/federal-agents-arrest-boston-bitcoin-gun-buyer-in-sting-operation/

Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: