Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:36:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:13:00 PM

We are developing a response to Greece financial crises scheduled for immediate release first thing Monday AM. Here is a portion of our draft copy subject to change and further editing:

Grexit Digital Currency Long Term Solution? Co-Founder of DNotes, Alan Yong Shares His Vision.

Summary: With Greece's Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras suggesting the Greek government could issue their own digital currency – is this a viable solution? Alan Yong of DNotes explores how an established, ethical digital currency may be the most sustainable long term solution for Greece, and why digital currency enables anyone to access their money whenever they need it.

“This is a very sad and tragic situation. The rich may end up losing a vacation home in a foreign country but many of the less fortunate are at risk of losing their entire life savings, while being too old to rebuild their nest egg. It is even more depressing when no viable political solutions exist to give Greece’s citizens any hope of rebuilding their financial future”, - Alan Yong, tech Entrepreneur and Co-Founder of DNotes.

I heard about that nonsense. This will never happen. They wouldn't trust a digital currency because they can't understand the tech behind it. Almost 80% of people in Greece had never used a computer, so how would you go about distributing a digital currency? Plus this would put the country in a very weak position when negotiating lower interest rates and longer repayment times on existing debt. It would leave Greece caught in an external Ponzi position.
I predict a solution that looks something more like how Argentina is setup.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:13:18 PM

wooot   Grin im interested ! .. just come back from 2 sweet weeks holidays in mediterranean beach !! , anyone can tell me about this new asset for DNotes?

Happy independence day ... looking for independence 2.0 i hope.  Cheesy

Welcome back infovortice, hope you had a great vaca!

Digital Currency Executive Brief, starts here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg11736706#msg11736706

The idea started as a need for a way to educate people about DNotes without asking them to read 300 pages of our forum, like an executive summary.

As more information became available about New York bitlicense, we felt the need to publicly state our views on what the regulations should look like. As of now, if all 50 states followed suit it would cost millions yearly to run any kind of exchange services.

From there, the idea evolved into a site designed to provide brief executive summaries on important topics in our industry.

It will be a DNotes asset, with the potential of being a profit bearing site in the future. Which will eventually be tied into the company that DNotes as whole owns 25% as we mentioned earlier.

That is the short story.

That is correct. Among others, DNotes is about identifying industry problems; nationally or globally. Instead of joining the blame game, we develop viable solutions or proposals to help solve those problems.

From a business prospective, it is good business to help solve problems. Problem solvers often become the respected thought leaders of the industry, gaining recognition and respect. That is how we can positively shape our industry. I happen to be very passionate about. It is still a lot of hard work but I am genuinely interested to help solve problems that could to beneficial to others. But what is in it for DNotes stakeholders? Why does it matter? You can share your opinion. From my prospective, problem solving create opportunities. Quite often the bigger the problem solved, the bigger the opportunity. So what do I think of DNotes' valuation today. Well, based on the problems we have solved, in the process of solving and many yet unknown problems we will solve, DNotes is significantly undervalued. I am sure that RJF will track this post down with some unknown comments a year from know.

Let's make a list: 1) Problem - lack of Trust : Solution - create a currency based on trust and integrity.

Please continue from here.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:06:45 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2015, 08:18:44 PM by wiser

Me too! It's similar to the others I liked but has a more feminine feel LOL

Happy 4th of July to everyone in the U.S.  Cheesy

I know this isn't helping narrow things down in choosing the new site logo, but #18 is growing on me.

And I realize I'm now WAY behind. I glanced over the different designs with number 20, and I like the ones which have the first three letters in squares shaded in different colors. Those jump out at me. The options with lines over and under (including the one where the lines come off the letters) look pretty sharp too.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:37:10 PM

This is one of the better articles I read over the last few days. It explains why DNotes has been doing things rather differently. I am in agreement with the author. Good article. Enjoy.

CoinTelegraph  2015-07-02 08:10 PM
Author
Allen Scott
 http://cointelegraph.com/news/114731/5-donts-for-bitcoin-startups

5 Don’ts for Bitcoin Startups

CoinTelegraph tapped into the experience of several startup founders to get an idea of things aspiring entrepreneurs should avoid when starting their own business in the cryptocurrency industry, which for many is still uncharted territory.

Before big banks began taking a serious look at Bitcoin, some visionaries realized the potential of this new technology early in the game. Many have since started their own companies, such as CoinBase or BitPay, while others’ ventures fizzled out or fell victim to “wild west” conditions of this volatile space.
So what are the most common mistakes that Bitcoin entrepreneurs make? In a follow-up to the 5 must do’s for any Bitcoin business, below are five things crypto startups should avoid to boost their chances of success in the new industry.

1. Don’t Push Your Product If It Isn’t Ready

This may seem like common sense, but far too many startups have made the mistake of promoting a product that’s not ready for market, or worse — one that’s not even operational.

Does your product work? If so, it will not only demonstrate to customers and potential investors that you are for real, but will also facilitate trust, and provide you with feedback that can be used for further improvement.

Simon Dixon, the CEO of BnkToTheFuture, an online investment platform that recentlypassed the $10 million invested mark for blockchain startups, explained to CoinTelegraph:

"We love to invest in Blockchain businesses where we can play with the technology already. We like to see how customers are using it and what they are saying about it.”

Without a tangible product, your idea might still attract believers and even lead to asuccessful crowdfunding campaign. However, not every company is Ethereum, which has been criticized as “vaporware” by some. And while it’s true that software needs time to be developed, tested and honed, a ready-made solution will undoubtedly be much more attractive for users and investors alike.

“I think currently the climate is very untrusting and so I would advise not to say much before you have something real and tangible in hand,” adds Dor Konforty, CEO of Synereo, a fully decentralized social platform. “It's less about ‘ready for market’ than it is ‘working technology.’"

2. Don’t Pitch Ideas to Investors

The invention of Bitcoin opened the door to a whole array of new possibilities around blockchain technology. Hundreds, if not thousands, of novel ideas have sprung up in the minds of ambitious entrepreneurs, from new payment methods to literally going to the moon and beyond by using the blockchain for space exploration.

Dixon says:
“Blockchain ideas are normally funded by the founders. Launched products with customers and a team behind them are funded by investors.”

In other words, ideas are a dime a dozen. Thus, investors are attracted not to just promising ideas, but preferably a launched product that has already established a customer base, along with a team to support further development.

This is because investors are averse to risk. A brand with a ready-made product, an experienced team behind it, along with a clear vision already has a greater chance to succeed than an idea that hasn’t yet materialized, no matter how good it may sound or how glossy that PowerPoint presentation may be.
“Clearly articulate the real-world problem your startup is solving and quantify the value,” adds Ribbit.me CEO, Gregory Simon.

Does your product address a real-life problem? How big is the profit potential of the solution? These are all crucial things to address before making that pitch to potential investors.

3. Don’t Use ‘the Blockchain’ (If You Don’t Have To)

“Is using the blockchain for the problem you're trying to solve really the way to go?” asks Konforty. He continues:

“Too many crypto projects see the blockchain as the ultimate solution to all problems, not bothering to explore the issue they're trying to solve deeply to see whether what the blockchain provides is relevant at all.”

Indeed, many firms, particularly in traditional finance, have jumped aboard the bandwagon using the “blockchain” as a buzzword, while divorcing it from Bitcoin, to create an image of a tech-savvy and forward thinking company.

“It becomes a sort of ‘me too!’ situation where people want to have a blockchain-related product, rather than to overcome a pain using novel means,” adds Konforty.

So ask yourself, is your product reliant on a blockchain to function? Can you use it for transactions, record keeping, as a data layer or for some other application? If not, then it might be best to go the old-fashioned route in order to avoid disappointing your customers and investors.

4. Don’t Be Anonymous

Anonymity is great if you are a user who values privacy. However, executives whose company’s success depends on reputation must not only be visible, but they must bereal people who interact with their customers and business partners.

One telltale sign of a scam, still all too prevalent in the cryptocurrency industry, is a company without an ‘Our Team’ page, with no photos of its members on its website. Even though some fraudsters are brazen enough to flaunt their online gravitas, most criminals would prefer to keep their identities secret and run off with the cash before the dust settles.

“Transparency is vital for the future success of a company and an important part of this is trust,” said Ronny Boesing, CEO of CCEDK. “It’s the human factor that is vital for success, which is impossible with anonymity.”

Having a transparent team that customers know is real people will instill greater confidence in your product and company as a whole.

5. Don’t Keep All Your Eggs in One Basket

If you are finally seeing an influx of funds — from crowdfunding, investors, sales, etc. — your next move will be to ensure that these funds are secure. Incidents such as the Mt. Gox heist have taught us that digital currency stored in a single place is not only a welcoming sign for hackers, but also for the authorities to confiscate your funds, if they deem your actions illegal.

“It’s getting better than it was a few years ago, but unfortunately, if your startup is remotely related to Bitcoin or blockchain technology, be prepared to have bank accounts shut down with little to no notice,” explains Gregory Simon. “It’s not that banks hate Bitcoin — it’s just the regulatory uncertainty and the bitcoin counterparty risk uncertainty leading these decisions.” He concludes:

“It’s a good idea to have multiple bank accounts set up just in case.”

Multiple wallets, cold storage, multisig, escrow accounts, and other security measureswould all help to ensure that your money is stored safely. Because what could be worse than successfully raising funds, only to lose them all because of something that could have been prevented?

Are you an entrepreneur, or are you thinking about starting a company in the crypto space? Please share your own experiences, suggestions and comments in the section below, which may be used for similar articles in the future.

Note: This is the first part of a multiple part series on ‘Do’s and Don’ts for Bitcoin Businesses.’ Be sure to look out for part two with more tips coming soon.  
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 11:33:43 PM

Welcome to the DNotes forum oniromancia and Bergman!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 11:34:12 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2015, 11:45:22 PM by DNotes

Me too! It's similar to the others I liked but has a more feminine feel LOL

Happy 4th of July to everyone in the U.S.  Cheesy

I know this isn't helping narrow things down in choosing the new site logo, but #18 is growing on me.

And I realize I'm now WAY behind. I glanced over the different designs with number 20, and I like the ones which have the first three letters in squares shaded in different colors. Those jump out at me. The options with lines over and under (including the one where the lines come off the letters) look pretty sharp too.

I should probably number these as well, to help identify them. Thanks Wiser.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 11:36:07 PM

This is one of the better articles I read over the last few days. It explains why DNotes has been doing things rather differently. I am in agreement with the author. Good article. Enjoy.

Author
Allen Scott

That's a great find, in total agreement as well.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:42:55 AM

Thanks. I've been browsing through your forum as I have time.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:49:27 AM

Thanks. I've been browsing through your forum as I have time.

Great! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:53:32 AM

Author
Allen Scott

5 Don’ts for Bitcoin Startups

CoinTelegraph tapped into the experience of several startup founders to get an idea of things aspiring entrepreneurs should avoid when starting their own business in the cryptocurrency industry, which for many is still uncharted territory.

Before big banks began taking a serious look at Bitcoin, some visionaries realized the potential of this new technology early in the game. Many have since started their own companies, such as CoinBase or BitPay, while others’ ventures fizzled out or fell victim to “wild west” conditions of this volatile space.
So what are the most common mistakes that Bitcoin entrepreneurs make? In a follow-up to the 5 must do’s for any Bitcoin business, below are five things crypto startups should avoid to boost their chances of success in the new industry.

1. Don’t Push Your Product If It Isn’t Ready

This may seem like common sense, but far too many startups have made the mistake of promoting a product that’s not ready for market, or worse — one that’s not even operational.

Does your product work? If so, it will not only demonstrate to customers and potential investors that you are for real, but will also facilitate trust, and provide you with feedback that can be used for further improvement.

Simon Dixon, the CEO of BnkToTheFuture, an online investment platform that recentlypassed the $10 million invested mark for blockchain startups, explained to CoinTelegraph:

"We love to invest in Blockchain businesses where we can play with the technology already. We like to see how customers are using it and what they are saying about it.”

Without a tangible product, your idea might still attract believers and even lead to asuccessful crowdfunding campaign. However, not every company is Ethereum, which has been criticized as “vaporware” by some. And while it’s true that software needs time to be developed, tested and honed, a ready-made solution will undoubtedly be much more attractive for users and investors alike.

“I think currently the climate is very untrusting and so I would advise not to say much before you have something real and tangible in hand,” adds Dor Konforty, CEO of Synereo, a fully decentralized social platform. “It's less about ‘ready for market’ than it is ‘working technology.’"

2. Don’t Pitch Ideas to Investors

The invention of Bitcoin opened the door to a whole array of new possibilities around blockchain technology. Hundreds, if not thousands, of novel ideas have sprung up in the minds of ambitious entrepreneurs, from new payment methods to literally going to the moon and beyond by using the blockchain for space exploration.

Dixon says:
“Blockchain ideas are normally funded by the founders. Launched products with customers and a team behind them are funded by investors.”

In other words, ideas are a dime a dozen. Thus, investors are attracted not to just promising ideas, but preferably a launched product that has already established a customer base, along with a team to support further development.

This is because investors are averse to risk. A brand with a ready-made product, an experienced team behind it, along with a clear vision already has a greater chance to succeed than an idea that hasn’t yet materialized, no matter how good it may sound or how glossy that PowerPoint presentation may be.
“Clearly articulate the real-world problem your startup is solving and quantify the value,” adds Ribbit.me CEO, Gregory Simon.

Does your product address a real-life problem? How big is the profit potential of the solution? These are all crucial things to address before making that pitch to potential investors.

3. Don’t Use ‘the Blockchain’ (If You Don’t Have To)

“Is using the blockchain for the problem you're trying to solve really the way to go?” asks Konforty. He continues:

“Too many crypto projects see the blockchain as the ultimate solution to all problems, not bothering to explore the issue they're trying to solve deeply to see whether what the blockchain provides is relevant at all.”

Indeed, many firms, particularly in traditional finance, have jumped aboard the bandwagon using the “blockchain” as a buzzword, while divorcing it from Bitcoin, to create an image of a tech-savvy and forward thinking company.

“It becomes a sort of ‘me too!’ situation where people want to have a blockchain-related product, rather than to overcome a pain using novel means,” adds Konforty.

So ask yourself, is your product reliant on a blockchain to function? Can you use it for transactions, record keeping, as a data layer or for some other application? If not, then it might be best to go the old-fashioned route in order to avoid disappointing your customers and investors.

4. Don’t Be Anonymous

Anonymity is great if you are a user who values privacy. However, executives whose company’s success depends on reputation must not only be visible, but they must bereal people who interact with their customers and business partners.

One telltale sign of a scam, still all too prevalent in the cryptocurrency industry, is a company without an ‘Our Team’ page, with no photos of its members on its website. Even though some fraudsters are brazen enough to flaunt their online gravitas, most criminals would prefer to keep their identities secret and run off with the cash before the dust settles.

“Transparency is vital for the future success of a company and an important part of this is trust,” said Ronny Boesing, CEO of CCEDK. “It’s the human factor that is vital for success, which is impossible with anonymity.”

Having a transparent team that customers know is real people will instill greater confidence in your product and company as a whole.

5. Don’t Keep All Your Eggs in One Basket

If you are finally seeing an influx of funds — from crowdfunding, investors, sales, etc. — your next move will be to ensure that these funds are secure. Incidents such as the Mt. Gox heist have taught us that digital currency stored in a single place is not only a welcoming sign for hackers, but also for the authorities to confiscate your funds, if they deem your actions illegal.

“It’s getting better than it was a few years ago, but unfortunately, if your startup is remotely related to Bitcoin or blockchain technology, be prepared to have bank accounts shut down with little to no notice,” explains Gregory Simon. “It’s not that banks hate Bitcoin — it’s just the regulatory uncertainty and the bitcoin counterparty risk uncertainty leading these decisions.” He concludes:

“It’s a good idea to have multiple bank accounts set up just in case.”

Multiple wallets, cold storage, multisig, escrow accounts, and other security measureswould all help to ensure that your money is stored safely. Because what could be worse than successfully raising funds, only to lose them all because of something that could have been prevented?

Are you an entrepreneur, or are you thinking about starting a company in the crypto space? Please share your own experiences, suggestions and comments in the section below, which may be used for similar articles in the future.

Note: This is the first part of a multiple part series on ‘Do’s and Don’ts for Bitcoin Businesses.’ Be sure to look out for part two with more tips coming soon.  

This is a great article! Alan could have written this two years ago. He has been preaching these tenants (among others) to me for almost two years now. I swear he can see into the future. The biggest hurdle I see is being able to explain that vision in a way folks that have little or no knowledgle of crypto-currency can understand. The Digital Currency Executive Brief is a great start, and will go a long way toward overcoming that hurdle.

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

"Greek myth -- that you can cut your way to growth" Sad commentary but this is happening more often than one likes to see. Perhaps when the "cut" hurts someone else, but not you, to many people it doesn't matter, or does it?

Weekend Roundup

Arianna Huffington
Huffington Post
Today: 07-05-2015
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/?icid=gnavbar_huffingtonpost_htmlws-main-bb

This week, while the U.S. celebrates its independence, the world watches a modern Greek tragedy unfold as Greece votes on austere bailout terms imposed by the country's creditors. However the vote goes, one thing is clear: The austerity that came with the two previous bailouts has utterly broken the Greek economy. GDP has gone down nearly 30 percent. A quarter of the country is unemployed, including half of its young people. Pensions have been slashed. The health budget has been cut by 40 percent. Suicides are up 36 percent since 2008. The Troika has authored a new Greek myth -- that you can cut your way to growth. And now they're back, demanding more of what's already shattered the economy. The question is will they shatter the spirit of the Greek people? Just as we value our independence, so do the Greeks, who, after all, invented democracy. No matter the outcome of the vote, feeling some measure of control will help keep Greece's spirit alive
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:18:03 PM

wooot   Grin im interested ! .. just come back from 2 sweet weeks holidays in mediterranean beach !! , anyone can tell me about this new asset for DNotes?

Happy independence day ... looking for independence 2.0 i hope.  Cheesy

The idea started as a need for a way to educate people about DNotes without asking them to read 300 pages of our forum, like an executive summary.

As more information became available about New York bitlicense, we felt the need to publicly state our views on what the regulations should look like. As of now, if all 50 states followed suit it would cost millions yearly to run any kind of exchange services.

From there, the idea evolved into a site designed to provide brief executive summaries on important topics in our industry.

It will be a DNotes asset, with the potential of being a profit bearing site in the future. Which will eventually be tied into the company that DNotes as whole owns 25% as we mentioned earlier.

That is the short story.

aaah ok thanks bro, this is good idea for confused new users/investors/traders and if some videos are added will be great too. its much easier see the instalation of wallet and use of vault than read it.

i just see this new pool saying pay 102% per block of dnotes, you hear something about?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082773.0
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:31:44 PM

wooot   Grin im interested ! .. just come back from 2 sweet weeks holidays in mediterranean beach !! , anyone can tell me about this new asset for DNotes?

Happy independence day ... looking for independence 2.0 i hope.  Cheesy

That is the short story.

aaah ok thanks bro, this is good idea for confused new users/investors/traders and if some videos are added will be great too. its much easier see the instalation of wallet and use of vault than read it.

i just see this new pool saying pay 102% per block of dnotes, you hear something about?

Haven't seen that one yet. That is a unique promotion. Thanks!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:46:56 PM

wooot   Grin im interested ! .. just come back from 2 sweet weeks holidays in mediterranean beach !! , anyone can tell me about this new asset for DNotes?

Happy independence day ... looking for independence 2.0 i hope.  Cheesy

That is the short story.

Haven't seen that one yet. That is a unique promotion. Thanks!

I did a quick check. Seems to be a nice person, perhaps one who believe in DNotes for the long term and tries to build a strong base.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:55:01 PM

I was reading the economic section of this forum on how one gentleman got a hair cut in Cyprus and was thinking of turning to bitcoin to pay his employees so i directed him to this thread so I hope that he might join the CRISP FOR EMPLOYER'S program..  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:30:48 PM

Here is a good exercise for our community. What are the different industry problems DNotes has identified and the solutions it has introduced? You can name one or all. As a group I am certain that we can complete the exercise.

Just to name a few:

-Volatility
-Long term saving incentive
-Negative forum behavior
-Gender gap
-Ease of use
-Too many conflicting interests
-Attempting to reach out to everyday people

Excellent first pass. Keep adding and refining the list  with DNotes solutions. May be Wiser can write up the final version to be a DCEBrief.

A few industry problems that DNotes has addressed (whether intentionally or unintentionally):

- Lack of trust and integrity

- Lack of leadership both within the industry and at the currency level

- Lack of real world experience - I think this has been the downfall of many currencies

These are the most important ones to me, in order of importance. Some of these are similar to the ones already mentioned.

Problem - CryptoCurrency investors and newcomers have been getting 'taken to the cleaners' over and over again, creating a negative experience for users, due to rampant greed
Solution - By protecting the price, DNotes has created a positive investing environment and positive first experience for many I'm sure

Problem - The learning curve for safe entry into cryptocurrency is very steep, and a deterrent for most people.
Solution - DNotesVault

Problem - Fear of losing your coins using an online storage services.
Solution - DNotesVault by design and backup guarantee fund. 100% offline storage, rather than using a hot wallet, accessible online, is one of those stupid simple yet brilliant ideas.

Problem - Rampant industry communities full of boys behaving badly.
Solution - Professional community management and issue mitigation.

Problem - The vast majority of people have underfunded or no retirement account at all
Solution - CRISP for Retirement program, with bonus interest on top of DNotes appreciation. My first funded retirement account!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 03:38:06 PM

I was reading the economic section of this forum on how one gentleman got a hair cut in Cyprus and was thinking of turning to bitcoin to pay his employees so i directed him to this thread so I hope that he might join the CRISP FOR EMPLOYER'S program..  Smiley

Excellent! We will do whatever we can help them get started.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 03:38:43 PM

Here is a good exercise for our community. What are the different industry problems DNotes has identified and the solutions it has introduced? You can name one or all. As a group I am certain that we can complete the exercise.

Just to name a few:

-Volatility
-Long term saving incentive
-Negative forum behavior
-Gender gap
-Ease of use
-Too many conflicting interests
-Attempting to reach out to everyday people

Excellent first pass. Keep adding and refining the list  with DNotes solutions. May be Wiser can write up the final version to be a DCEBrief.

A few industry problems that DNotes has addressed (whether intentionally or unintentionally):

- Lack of trust and integrity

- Lack of leadership both within the industry and at the currency level

- Lack of real world experience - I think this has been the downfall of many currencies

These are the most important ones to me, in order of importance. Some of these are similar to the ones already mentioned.

Problem - CryptoCurrency investors and newcomers have been getting 'taken to the cleaners' over and over again, creating a negative experience for users, due to rampant greed
Solution - By protecting the price, DNotes has created a positive investing environment and positive first experience for many I'm sure

Problem - The learning curve for safe entry into cryptocurrency is very steep, and a deterrent for most people.
Solution - DNotesVault

Problem - Fear of losing your coins using an online storage services.
Solution - DNotesVault by design and backup guarantee fund. 100% offline storage, rather than using a hot wallet, accessible online, is one of those stupid simple yet brilliant ideas.

Problem - Rampant industry communities full of boys behaving badly.
Solution - Professional community management and issue mitigation.

Problem - The vast majority of people have underfunded or no retirement account at all
Solution - CRISP for Retirement program, with bonus interest on top of DNotes appreciation. My first funded retirement account!

Great list guys, keep them coming. Started a new thread for this on CryptoMoms as well.
http://cryptomoms.com/forum/dnotes/28/what-are-the-different-industry-problems-dnotes-has-identified-and-the-solution/1044/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:59:30 PM

Excellent idea. I am sure that our community will come together and adopt one small town if there is local interest. We will reach out and hold every hand if we have to. Yes, we will do everything we can.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 04:41:19 PM

Excellent idea. I am sure that our community will come together and adopt one small town if there is local interest. We will reach out and hold every hand if we have to. Yes, we will do everything we can.

“Suicides are up 36 percent since 2008,” according Arianna Huffington(1). Financial disaster is a serious human suffering. The feeling of helplessness and desperation with nothing left to hope for is a leading cause of suicidal thoughts. I have very strong empathy for those small business owners who have worked hard all their life and lost everything. I have been down that route once. When IBM decided to write-off $40 million and dumped thousands of Dauphin DTRs, due lower demand for the products than projected, in the close-out markets, I lost everything ($ millions) overnight. It was a very depressing experience.

(1)Arianna Huffington
Huffington Post
Today: 07-05-2015
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/?icid=gnavbar_huffingtonpost_htmlws-main-bb
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: