Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:15:41 PM

Fantastic job, TeeGee!  The executive summary is very powerful! 

I don't know who is choosing the photos for our articles, but they have been amazing and they are adding a level of polish to DCEBrief not seen on any other cryptocurrency news site.  DCEBrief is looking very prestigious!

TeeGee, really enjoyed the article. Entrepreneurs have enough constraints, cryptocurrency can help to alleviate some of that burdon in many ways.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 09:46:23 PM

That story sounds familiar, didn't that same exact thing happen to another company?

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:30:26 PM

This video from Positive Money UK visualises the message I conveyed in my DCEBrief article about money and debt if anybody finds it helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrQX4CF6Bxs

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 01:31:40 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/dnotes-live-on-cryptsy-for-bitcoin-trading-growth-of-ecosystem-with-worlds-first-cryptocurrency-savings-accounts-continues-unabated/

TeeGee

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:19:58 PM

Quote from today's DCEBrief article:

"Everybody in the markets is always trying to predict what the Fed will do regarding monetary policy. Markets react to almost any announcement by the Fed. This shows that Fed has a strong influence on markets precisely because it controls the money supply. The uncertainty is only exacerbated once you take into account the fact that all global fiat monies are of this nature, and therefore make the task of the entrepreneur exponentially more difficult."

Today's news about the Federal interest rate announcement:

"WASHINGTON, September 17, 2015– Denoting a weak economy, the United States Federal Reserve, a private bank that controls the country’s monetary policy, decided to hold off on hiking interest rates. Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen made the announcement at a press conference following the Federal Open Market Committee meeting on Thursday. The announcement sent the stock market soaring."

Well, who would have thought! Bitcoin and other crypto prices tend to be most volatile before Fed interest rate announcements. If they had lifted the interest rate, it is likely the Bitcoin price would have gone down as the perceived margin between profit in holding bitcoin and the profit in holding USD narrows or turns into the USD's favour.

Now remember rates can't go any lower, otherwise there will basically be negative interest... lifting the rates will hurt the economy...

"Currently, rates are at rock-bottom levels, and haven’t been hiked in almost a decade. A hike would cause short-term pain in the economy, which is why the feds have continuously pushed against raising rates. The weak economy simply cannot handle the hike without taking a hit."

Yet it is the artificially low rates that got the US in the mess in the first place.

"Low interest rates are good for investors, as it means money is cheaper to borrow. However, low rates create morale hazard in the markets, which leads to uncontrolled risk. The same low rates created the moral hazard that first sank the economy before President Obama was elected. Low rates are also bad for those with retirement funds and savings accounts because their return is often based off of the fed’s rate."

So who on Earth ever thought this was a good system to implement to cater for the trading, barter and economic needs of their community? I suspect parties with lots to gain from such a system - which it was.

KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:20:10 PM

I went to a women's business bureau meeting last night. Unfortunately, not one person had even heard of digital currency. I am planning to print rack cards with a few important points about digital currency and DNotes. I plan to make a sort of grass roots effort to bring awareness of digital currency to those who have no clue what it is. Any ideas?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 03:40:54 PM

Another on Digital Journal.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2679250

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:46:55 PM

Press release looks good, maybe Big Vern will see it and add the NOTE/USD pairing.

KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:48:47 PM

Great release! I continue to be amazed and PROUD that DNotes offers the CRISP family of savings plans, the very first in the WORLD of its kind. There are no fees, no minimum balance, all you need is an email and a password.

It proves that DNotes is a trusted digital currency with a well supported ecosystem. I encourage everyone to take part, and spread the word to your family and friends about CRISP. don't keep it to yourself.
kanus1113

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:49:22 PM

I went to a women's business bureau meeting last night. Unfortunately, not one person had even heard of digital currency. I am planning to print rack cards with a few important points about digital currency and DNotes. I plan to make a sort of grass roots effort to bring awareness of digital currency to those who have no clue what it is. Any ideas?

Take a look on the web for bitcoin or cryptocurrency infographics. They may not provide the benefits for a business person or consumer, but you can quickly see how it works.
kanus1113

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:09:08 PM

Quote from today's DCEBrief article:

"Everybody in the markets is always trying to predict what the Fed will do regarding monetary policy. Markets react to almost any announcement by the Fed. This shows that Fed has a strong influence on markets precisely because it controls the money supply. The uncertainty is only exacerbated once you take into account the fact that all global fiat monies are of this nature, and therefore make the task of the entrepreneur exponentially more difficult."

Today's news about the Federal interest rate announcement:

"WASHINGTON, September 17, 2015– Denoting a weak economy, the United States Federal Reserve, a private bank that controls the country’s monetary policy, decided to hold off on hiking interest rates. Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen made the announcement at a press conference following the Federal Open Market Committee meeting on Thursday. The announcement sent the stock market soaring."

Well, who would have thought! Bitcoin and other crypto prices tend to be most volatile before Fed interest rate announcements. If they had lifted the interest rate, it is likely the Bitcoin price would have gone down as the perceived margin between profit in holding bitcoin and the profit in holding USD narrows or turns into the USD's favour.

Now remember rates can't go any lower, otherwise there will basically be negative interest... lifting the rates will hurt the economy...

"Currently, rates are at rock-bottom levels, and haven’t been hiked in almost a decade. A hike would cause short-term pain in the economy, which is why the feds have continuously pushed against raising rates. The weak economy simply cannot handle the hike without taking a hit."

Yet it is the artificially low rates that got the US in the mess in the first place.

"Low interest rates are good for investors, as it means money is cheaper to borrow. However, low rates create morale hazard in the markets, which leads to uncontrolled risk. The same low rates created the moral hazard that first sank the economy before President Obama was elected. Low rates are also bad for those with retirement funds and savings accounts because their return is often based off of the fed’s rate."

So who on Earth ever thought this was a good system to implement to cater for the trading, barter and economic needs of their community? I suspect parties with lots to gain from such a system - which it was.

Good insight into an area I tend to ignore. Probably like most people, I ignore it because just about everything benefits a few at the expense of the rest. Frankly, it is depressing. It will remain that way until a system is developed to take monetary control out of governments hands. Oh wait, we already created that system... lol. I'm glad we have people like you to help people see exactly how it is happening.
TeeGee

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:21:22 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 05:39:48 PM by TeeGee

This was meant to be rather short, but it ended up being really long... 2 hours to think through properly and write, slightly haphazard in flow, and not edited, but message is quite important.

An excellent video that highlights the fact that no single person would ever be able to create a pencil, but for the voluntary contributions of millions of people worldwide to create the most everyday of items, and potentially the least appreciated for its complexity - the pencil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=343&v=IYO3tOqDISE

Now, imagine making the process with which these millions of people that co-operate voluntarily trade with one another faster and easier, while adding new features like in the case of digital currency. How many new versions of the pencil will be created?

3+ days for an international payment to clear between bank accounts!? Well that means a minimum of 3 days added on to the time until your order will be sent, to add on top of the shipping time! Then the wholesaler will also have a 1 night delay of payment between them and the retailer and so forth, with the original payment from the consumer having a little 'fee' siphoned off at each connecting bank account it is routed through. This could add 4-5 days of 'slowdown' in the trading and delivery of products that are crucial inputs of production to other 'value added' goods (Smartphones, computers, pencils etc).

Crypto allows for FREE instant transactions; companies can ship goods the moment they are paid for and at significantly reduced rates. When prices are cheaper, more business is done, meaning more businesses in operation that order inputs to in turn invent the next 'pencils'.

To be honest, while digital currency has economics and other sciences that may be applied to model 'human behaviour', the pencil is probably more complicated than digital currency is when viewed as the product of millions of people who require different skills from different countries just to assemble it. It of course makes incredible sense to have a safe, secure, simple, stable, efficient and CHEAP way to transfer value around to facilitate its creation.

The inefficiencies and increased costs incurred by businesses and people who use fiat money is serving as a barrier to trade. A barrier to trade is bank fees and taxes that must be added on to the final costs of goods sold. Higher costs mean fewer customer purchases, because their budgets only go so far. Fewer purchases by consumers affect manufacturers / businesses bottom lines. When the bottom line of a business is affected, they hire fewer people, or don't enter the market at all. More unemployed people means a larger drain on welfare, which means more government debt - yet another mechanism by which fiat money increases government debt - by reducing employment opportunities as a result of bank fees making the difference between doing business and not operating.

How many people are unemployed just because bank fees and taxes make hiring them, and therefore and the cost of business too expensive!? How many 'pencils' have not been invented because the people who would have worked in the market to 'invent' them decided it wasn't profitable startup thanks to bank fees and taxes so they went and got a job at a bank or in the government sector, working jobs that have service delivery methods that have now outlived their usefulness thanks to blockchain technology?

The following is a purely hypothetical example (not intended to be 100% accurate, but it paints a fair picture of potential crypto has):

I want to order flowers from Smokey, and I'm a wholesaler in NZ (larger transfer), I opt to pay with either bank transfer or VISA;

VISA:

On Janruary 1, I buy 100 plants for 10 dollars each, that I want to make $10 profit on each plant by reselling in NZ (100%). I order thinking I can sell for $20 each.

Smokey has worked hard in his gardens, and wants close to $600 for his 100 flowers. He knows that the US government has a 35% corporate tax rate, so to end up with $650, he would need to sell them for 1000.

I pay $1000 to Smokey, of which 1% is taken by VISA, and somewhere between 2-4% is taken by the participating banks EACH as a merchant Fees and a foreign exchange fee. This leaves Smokey with $600.

But did you catch it? Something here is beyond morally repugnant... and I don't mean the fact that nearly half of the money sent to Smokey is taken away from him in taxes. Did you spot it? (This is the first time I've done calculations like this.. so I just noticed it myself - I'll cover it later)

The payment is pending for a couple days with VISA, and it won't process for about 3 working days if I had sent using bank transfer (which is also charged fees by both sending and receiving banks)... Smokey isn't going to send me my flowers until after the payment clears.

January 4th or so, my payment finally clears into Smokey's account, and the goods are shipped to NZ, taking around 9 days to arrive.

January 13th, the goods arrive in NZ 13 days after my order, but it could have received them after 10 if the payment had cleared instantly, but instead I need to wait an extra day for delivery to my shop - I waited 13 days instead of 10 - 30% increase!!! That is time that my personal capital is tied up in something that I can not yet sell; money I can't use for any other purpose - hence it should be easy to see why so many small (low cash-flow) business owners struggle when so much of their money is tied up in inventory.

Anyway, because the flower order is worth more than $400, I need to pay duty taxes on them before NZ customs will release them, which depending on what the NZ government thinks we have too much of, is between 5 and 10% usually. My costs are now $1050-$1100 for goods that COULD have been as low as 600 if it weren't for nobody else expecting a cut from something they had no part in producing.

January 14th the goods arrive at my shop, and I put them up for sale. Now I need to factor in the fact that I will need to pay Goods and Services tax (like VAT in Europe and Sales Taxes in the USA) of 15%, so I bump my price up by 15%, on top of the 33% tax I'm going to need to pay that is added to the $10 profit per plant to double my investment. This all assumes also that the only cost for my business is the flowers (unrealistic, but makes my tax easy to subtract from profit), I calculate that:

Smokey's Gardens Price they were prepared to sell at
$600 + Taxes (350) + VISA & bank fees (50) = $1000

TeeGee's Gardens:
Cost equals $1000 (to Smokey) + $50 to $100 in dutry taxes = 1075 (mid-point)

Prepared to sell at:
$1075 (Smokey + duty tax)+$1000 (to make $10 profit per plant) + 15% (GST) = $2386 (for 100 plants)

Still need to add NZ corporate tax @ 33%

$2386 divided by 0.67 - to get final figure including NZ corporate tax (1-0.33=0.67) = $3561

Of which:
Smokey who did all the work growing the flowers receives: 600
TeeGee who did all the work to raise the money to buy the flowers receives: 1000

VISA receives: $10 (plus extra if I paid duty fees using credit card)
Banks receive: $40
Governments receive: $1911

Price per plant: $35.61

When will this insanity end?

Now imagine if I decided to do the same order, but completely p2p by using a cryptocurrency in a utopian world where the government was responsible and only paid for things people actually wanted (by voting with their money - i.e. You want a local bridge, you try to crowdfund it - if nobody pitches in, then clearly that bridge was of little to no value to the community).

Smokey offers flowers for $600 for 100 flowers, I pay $600 in cryptocurrency, the funds clear instantly and the flowers are shipped that exact day. After that point, it is up to the individuals who participated in the transaction if they feel they should make payments to third parties (taxes etc) for any services they provide, rather than a shakedown on account of just being born on a particular patch of land.

Ignoring the remaining potential duty taxes in NZ;

Smokey Receives: $600
I receive: $600 (only want to double my investment, not make $10 per plant)
Government receives: ...? Well depends on the value they are providing, government is meant to serve the people, and not the other way around. In the future it could one day be up to us to pay what we think is necessary to pay for building roads and public healthcare etc.

Cost per plant to consumer: $12

Now, what do you think happens at this juncture? Will customers demand more or less flowers at $12 than at $35?

Well hopefully you said $12. The lower prices would create an economic boom that would increase demand for the products I sold. I'd be able to hire more people to sell more flowers and create more jobs. It would also mean that other people who decided not to enter the flower market because the price of importing flowers was so high would reconsider, creating only more jobs.

This whole thing is very much just for illustration purposes of what p2p could potentially look like one day, but remember what I was saying before above - these fees that are in excess of what was agreed between two consenting traders are what create unemployment. A much more likely near-term solution would be a crypto transaction that won't necessarily eliminate the tax component of produced goods (unless you think the IRS are reasonable people that will leave you alone), but at the very least they will decrease, no, eliminate the bank fees involved which can be significant when a there is a retailer - wholesaler - importer - foreign exporter - local business continuum with bank fees being collected at every step of the way. This can compound to some ~10-15% of the price of a good... crypto could also increase the speed at which global trade is done, and shipments sent. After all, time is money.

As for the morally repugnant part I mentioned earlier?

Well it struck me while I was writing, that VISA and the banks charge merchant fee's (to the best of my understanding) on the TOTAL amount paid through their network, not the pre-tax amount of the good being sold. I can't believe I missed this one til now, but this literally means that VISA and the banks not only make profit on the value of the good that you transferred (which is fine), but they also charge a fee (4-5%) on the TAX component built into the price of the good. Most people could argue there is perhaps some benefit given back to them from their taxes, but there is absolutely no benefit for them in this additional 'VISA fee' as I'll call it that is added on top. This makes goods even MORE expensive and is a further conflict of interest when banks give money to politicians... I mean they're making a percentage fee on all of the tax that is inbuilt into every product sold world-wide... Higher taxes = more expensive goods world-wide = higher bank fees to them. It reminds me of sales taxes in NZ being charged to the excise tax component for NZ gas for our cars (1.50 US per Litre here or about $5.60 gallon). VISA and banks should only be taking fees from the pre-tax value of goods, it is possible to do today without an accounting headache by flagging VISA and bank transactions with "Goods sold" tags in accounting software that automatically reduce the fee by 35% to eligible businesses for example... or just use crypto...

There will be no technology more empowering for humanity, that puts power back into the hands of the many than decentralized, global money; cryptocurrency is the ultimate freedom.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 06:02:50 PM

Now that we are getting more content for DCEBrief, it is shaping up a bit and you can see how different articles are being posted.

There was a new article posted today. This article is not a "featured" article, so it doesn't show up in the top of the page. We have three levels of content priority. Regular priority will look like this new article, just shows up in all content and the specific categories. Featured, will also show in the header section with the big images. Static, will show up in the middle column of the homepage and rarely change, this is the content we want everyone to see regardless of when they visited the site.

http://dcebrief.com/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 07:36:35 PM

This was meant to be rather short, but it ended up being really long... 2 hours to think through properly and write, slightly haphazard in flow, and not edited, but message is quite important.

An excellent video that highlights the fact that no single person would ever be able to create a pencil, but for the voluntary contributions of millions of people worldwide to create the most everyday of items, and potentially the least appreciated for its complexity - the pencil.

Now, imagine making the process with which these millions of people that co-operate voluntarily trade with one another faster and easier, while adding new features like in the case of digital currency. How many new versions of the pencil will be created?

3+ days for an international payment to clear between bank accounts!? Well that means a minimum of 3 days added on to the time until your order will be sent, to add on top of the shipping time! Then the wholesaler will also have a 1 night delay of payment between them and the retailer and so forth, with the original payment from the consumer having a little 'fee' siphoned off at each connecting bank account it is routed through. This could add 4-5 days of 'slowdown' in the trading and delivery of products that are crucial inputs of production to other 'value added' goods (Smartphones, computers, pencils etc).

Crypto allows for FREE instant transactions; companies can ship goods the moment they are paid for and at significantly reduced rates. When prices are cheaper, more business is done, meaning more businesses in operation that order inputs to in turn invent the next 'pencils'.

To be honest, while digital currency has economics and other sciences that may be applied to model 'human behaviour', the pencil is probably more complicated than digital currency is when viewed as the product of millions of people who require different skills from different countries just to assemble it. It of course makes incredible sense to have a safe, secure, simple, stable, efficient and CHEAP way to transfer value around to facilitate its creation.

The inefficiencies and increased costs incurred by businesses and people who use fiat money is serving as a barrier to trade. A barrier to trade is bank fees and taxes that must be added on to the final costs of goods sold. Higher costs mean fewer customer purchases, because their budgets only go so far. Fewer purchases by consumers affect manufacturers / businesses bottom lines. When the bottom line of a business is affected, they hire fewer people, or don't enter the market at all. More unemployed people means a larger drain on welfare, which means more government debt - yet another mechanism by which fiat money increases government debt - by reducing employment opportunities as a result of bank fees making the difference between doing business and not operating.

How many people are unemployed just because bank fees and taxes make hiring them, and therefore and the cost of business too expensive!? How many 'pencils' have not been invented because the people who would have worked in the market to 'invent' them decided it wasn't profitable startup thanks to bank fees and taxes so they went and got a job at a bank or in the government sector, working jobs that have service delivery methods that have now outlived their usefulness thanks to blockchain technology?

The following is a purely hypothetical example (not intended to be 100% accurate, but it paints a fair picture of potential crypto has):

I want to order flowers from Smokey, and I'm a wholesaler in NZ (larger transfer), I opt to pay with either bank transfer or VISA;

VISA:

On Janruary 1, I buy 100 plants for 10 dollars each, that I want to make $10 profit on each plant by reselling in NZ (100%). I order thinking I can sell for $20 each.

Smokey has worked hard in his gardens, and wants close to $600 for his 100 flowers. He knows that the US government has a 35% corporate tax rate, so to end up with $650, he would need to sell them for 1000.

I pay $1000 to Smokey, of which 1% is taken by VISA, and somewhere between 2-4% is taken by the participating banks EACH as a merchant Fees and a foreign exchange fee. This leaves Smokey with $600.

But did you catch it? Something here is beyond morally repugnant... and I don't mean the fact that nearly half of the money sent to Smokey is taken away from him in taxes. Did you spot it? (This is the first time I've done calculations like this.. so I just noticed it myself - I'll cover it later)

The payment is pending for a couple days with VISA, and it won't process for about 3 working days if I had sent using bank transfer (which is also charged fees by both sending and receiving banks)... Smokey isn't going to send me my flowers until after the payment clears.

January 4th or so, my payment finally clears into Smokey's account, and the goods are shipped to NZ, taking around 9 days to arrive.

January 13th, the goods arrive in NZ 13 days after my order, but it could have received them after 10 if the payment had cleared instantly, but instead I need to wait an extra day for delivery to my shop - I waited 13 days instead of 10 - 30% increase!!! That is time that my personal capital is tied up in something that I can not yet sell; money I can't use for any other purpose - hence it should be easy to see why so many small (low cash-flow) business owners struggle when so much of their money is tied up in inventory.

Anyway, because the flower order is worth more than $400, I need to pay duty taxes on them before NZ customs will release them, which depending on what the NZ government thinks we have too much of, is between 5 and 10% usually. My costs are now $1050-$1100 for goods that COULD have been as low as 600 if it weren't for nobody else expecting a cut from something they had no part in producing.

January 14th the goods arrive at my shop, and I put them up for sale. Now I need to factor in the fact that I will need to pay Goods and Services tax (like VAT in Europe and Sales Taxes in the USA) of 15%, so I bump my price up by 15%, on top of the 33% tax I'm going to need to pay that is added to the $10 profit per plant to double my investment. This all assumes also that the only cost for my business is the flowers (unrealistic, but makes my tax easy to subtract from profit), I calculate that:

TeeGee's Gardens:

Prepared to sell at:
$1075 (Smokey + duty tax)+$1000 (to make $10 profit per plant) + 15% (GST) = $2386 (for 100 plants)

$2386 divided by 0.67 - to get final figure including NZ corporate tax (1-0.33=0.67) = $3561

Of which:
TeeGee who did all the work to raise the money to buy the flowers receives: 1000

Now imagine if I decided to do the same order, but completely p2p by using a cryptocurrency in a utopian world where the government was responsible and only paid for things people actually wanted (by voting with their money - i.e. You want a local bridge, you try to crowdfund it - if nobody pitches in, then clearly that bridge was of little to no value to the community).

Smokey offers flowers for $600 for 100 flowers, I pay $600 in cryptocurrency, the funds clear instantly and the flowers are shipped that exact day. After that point, it is up to the individuals who participated in the transaction if they feel they should make payments to third parties (taxes etc) for any services they provide, rather than a shakedown on account of just being born on a particular patch of land.

Government receives: ...? Well depends on the value they are providing, government is meant to serve the people, and not the other way around. In the future it could one day be up to us to pay what we think is necessary to pay for building roads and public healthcare etc.

Now, what do you think happens at this juncture? Will customers demand more or less flowers at $12 than at $35?

Well hopefully you said $12. The lower prices would create an economic boom that would increase demand for the products I sold. I'd be able to hire more people to sell more flowers and create more jobs. It would also mean that other people who decided not to enter the flower market because the price of importing flowers was so high would reconsider, creating only more jobs.

This whole thing is very much just for illustration purposes of what p2p could potentially look like one day, but remember what I was saying before above - these fees that are in excess of what was agreed between two consenting traders are what create unemployment. A much more likely near-term solution would be a crypto transaction that won't necessarily eliminate the tax component of produced goods (unless you think the IRS are reasonable people that will leave you alone), but at the very least they will decrease, no, eliminate the bank fees involved which can be significant when a there is a retailer - wholesaler - importer - foreign exporter - local business continuum with bank fees being collected at every step of the way. This can compound to some ~10-15% of the price of a good... crypto could also increase the speed at which global trade is done, and shipments sent. After all, time is money.

Well it struck me while I was writing, that VISA and the banks charge merchant fee's (to the best of my understanding) on the TOTAL amount paid through their network, not the pre-tax amount of the good being sold. I can't believe I missed this one til now, but this literally means that VISA and the banks not only make profit on the value of the good that you transferred (which is fine), but they also charge a fee (4-5%) on the TAX component built into the price of the good. Most people could argue there is perhaps some benefit given back to them from their taxes, but there is absolutely no benefit for them in this additional 'VISA fee' as I'll call it that is added on top. This makes goods even MORE expensive and is a further conflict of interest when banks give money to politicians... I mean they're making a percentage fee on all of the tax that is inbuilt into every product sold world-wide... Higher taxes = more expensive goods world-wide = higher bank fees to them. It reminds me of sales taxes in NZ being charged to the excise tax component for NZ gas for our cars (1.50 US per Litre here or about $5.60 gallon). VISA and banks should only be taking fees from the pre-tax value of goods, it is possible to do today without an accounting headache by flagging VISA and bank transactions with "Goods sold" tags in accounting software that automatically reduce the fee by 35% to eligible businesses for example... or just use crypto...

There will be no technology more empowering for humanity, that puts power back into the hands of the many than decentralized, global money; cryptocurrency is the ultimate freedom.

Wow TeeGee. Great write up and example.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:23:25 PM

VISA:

TeeGee's Gardens:

Prepared to sell at:

Of which:

I can tell that you spent quite a bit of time on it. Great first pass. This could turn out to be a great article. I had like to write a few more articles myself but seldom even get an hour uninterrupted. You guys are doing a great though. I appreciate that very much.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 09:59:54 PM

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13293989/1/dnotes-live-on-cryptsy-for-bitcoin-trading-growth-of-ecosystem-with-worlds-first-cryptocurrency-savings-accounts-continues-unabated.html

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:40:41 AM

Great job on the press release!

DNotes Live On Cryptsy For Bitcoin Trading, Growth Of Ecosystem With World's First Cryptocurrency Savings Accounts Continues Unabated

http://thebitcoinnews.com/dnotes-live-on-cryptsy-for-bitcoin-trading-growth-of-ecosystem-with-worlds-first-cryptocurrency-savings-accounts-continues-unabated/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:41:41 AM

VISA:

TeeGee's Gardens:

Prepared to sell at:

Of which:

Nice attempt but there are errors.

Corporation tax is a tax on gross profit and yes corporation tax does get added to the cost of goods but not at 35%. How much percentage added to the goods varies for each company. One has to work out the profit then the corporation tax then dived that by the number of units sold.

Company A sold 100 weeds (you was thinking about weeds not flowers lol) and made $100 gross profit and $35 paid in corporation tax, net profit $65. $35/100 = $0.35 corp tax per weed sold.

Company B sold 60 weeds (you was thinking about weeds not flowers lol) and made $80 gross profit and $28 paid in corporation tax, net profit $52. $28/60 = $0.46 corp tax per weed sold.

Most countries have tax arrangements so that companies only pay corporation once. Complicated piles of crap forcing businesses to waste money on accountants which in turn cost consumers more.

The tax one needs to be aware of and added to the cost of goods and services is sales tax, VAT, etc. This tax, say 20%, is added to the gross sale price and the biggest burden whereas corporation tax isn't.

Don't forget income tax, national insurance are added to cost of goods and services too but very few can understand why?

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 03:51:47 AM

Found another on Yahoo Finance.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-live-cryptsy-bitcoin-trading-171100787.html

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:57:26 AM

Forget about trying to explain the technology behind it.  It's not that they aren't capable of learning the tech, many just aren't interested in it. For women not familiar with digital currency (and even for some of us that are), p2p means nothing more than the distance to the next rest stop on a roadtrip!  However, they will be interested in what digital currency can do as an instrument of social change and women will make very powerful leaders in those areas.

Here's a possibility:

DNotes is a new global digital currency that is available to everyone worldwide.  A digital currency is simply an internet based medium of exchange, as opposed to physical cash.

DNotes is building an ecosystem of blocks that everyday people can understand.  They have savings plans for kids, students, retirement, and employee benefits.  They are also the only one to offer a safe place to store your digital currency with a 100% guarantee at DNotesVault.  They have an online cryptocurrency learning centre for women (open to everyone).   DCEBrief - news for the busy exec.

My favorite part is what it can do to include people of the world that have never been able to participate economically.  Half of the world's population doesn't have access to a bank.  Corrupt politicians and poorly run countries can make their currencies worthless.  When we support a global currency that can not be manipulated by governments, we are giving the less fortunate a chance to start a business, send their children to school, and save for their future. 

For women everywhere it is an opportunity to invest even a small amount in a very early stage investment whose potential upside is so massive, it far outweighs the risk.  With DNotes, all you need is an email address to get started.

You can also check out this thread at CryptoMoms:  http://cryptomoms.com/forum/general-discussion/9/explaining-cryptocurrency/201/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: