Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:19:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6268 times)
Madara_Uchiha

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:19:59 AM

According to certain criteria, bitcoin can be compared with digital gold. It is also mined, it is limited in quantity. Unlike gold it is impossible to forge.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ivannalog814

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:29:01 AM

If we talk about the crypto-currency market, then definitely bitcoin is digital gold for this market, it is the flagship and everyone follows it !

VIDY 👅 (https://www.vidy.com)
Video Layer for Ads ▶
https://www.vidy.com (https://www.vidy.com)
Minhxx

Activity: 412
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 11:12:00 AM

I consider bitcoin an investment, I do not like investing in gold, Bitcoin it can trade easily anywhere and just have the internet.

[
⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣     ComboNetwork.io     ⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
SventraPapere

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:25:34 AM

Only its price makes bitcoin look Like gold))) it is really very high.Even after such a strong fall in the rate.What can we say about the maximum price))) for gold, you can not buy anything.First it will have to sell, received for his Fiat money.On them already can be a hundred the buy.With Bitcoin almost as well.There's not much to buy with him now.You'll have to change it first.This is the main similarity with gold)

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
zlotabardza

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:33:37 AM

Bitcoin is more like an investment, more liquid then gold. Gold cannot be considered as a liquid asset.
Once you buy gold you cant sell it back to the source where you get it.
What I like the most of bitcoin, with some knowledge you can sell/buy with simple one click
Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:41:40 AM

I can answer this question with a big yes, why? Because bitcoin price is always in high value that quite similar to gold price thar always increasing every now and then. But it is exactly to call bitcoin as a digital gold because with all the cryptocurrencies exustence bitcoin itself is the most valuable coin in the cryto world, and more investors always wanting to invest bitcoin due to high probability in getting huge profits.
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:46:45 AM

Gold has been used as money for several thousand years, and Bitcoin has been on the market for less than 10 years. Bitcoin, in comparison with gold, is a very young asset. so I think it's too early to call him that.

MonaLeeTracy

Activity: 1092
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:18:55 PM

I consider bitcoin an investment, I do not like investing in gold, Bitcoin it can trade easily anywhere and just have the internet.

before bitcoin developed, most people considered bitcoin as gold. because first the price of bitcoin has increased greatly. so their assumption is mostly bitcoin as gold. but for now it's very different. because the price of bitcoin is decreasing so the assumption is different.
petrcoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:26:39 PM

Actually it is a good point of view. Bitcoin has a slow blockchain and with current situation it can't be daily payment method. Can't have scalibility and fees are high.

But it has asset value. Like gold. So i can agree this hypotesis.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:38:09 PM

The price of gold at sometimes too fluctuats before it gets stable.now Bitcoin doesn't have that function. Bitcoin is better known as trading assets.Gold had many uses and from electronics to just being physical ornaments and many other things. It is the utility that gives something we see as useless becone very useful.

Bitcoin doesn't have fluctuations? What universe are you in? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Actually it is a good point of view. Bitcoin has a slow blockchain and with current situation it can't be daily payment method. Can't have scalibility and fees are high.

But it has asset value. Like gold. So i can agree this hypotesis.

What does any of this have to do with bitcoin being a digital gold or not? Besides, this hasn't been true for a while with the lightning network. Transactions are very fast and fees are very low. You either haven't used bitcoin in a while or are just parroting out of date information.
milgyeski

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

I agree with your post. Bitcoins are just digital coin, because bitcoins do not have real value so they can not be compared to gold. Gold is a valuable metal, and they can make many things from gold, so gold is very valuable. Bitcoin is a kind of digital currency, used to trade through the internet, used to replace the currency.
topkhai

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:18:01 PM

Bitcoin is very special, they equate it with gold as a valuable asset. Some people take bitcoin to increase the value added of their assets because bitcoin is different from the others. At first bitcoin a digital currency and maybe now many people prefer it as a valuable asset like gold
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:29:53 PM

before bitcoin developed, most people considered bitcoin as gold. because first the price of bitcoin has increased greatly. so their assumption is mostly bitcoin as gold. but for now it's very different. because the price of bitcoin is decreasing so the assumption is different.
there are indeed many who have different opinions about bitcoin in cryptocurrency, but for me, i consider bitcoin like gold in cryptocurrency is very valuable and the rise and fall of prices is influenced by market demand.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:59:29 PM

What is gold for you?
Financial security or something very precious?
For me Bitcoin is revolution, new technology, new currency etc.
We can't say such things for gold.
I can only agree that both gold and bitcoin are very valuable to their owners.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:17:55 PM

Gold has a physical presence and can even be turned into another valuable item like jewellery etc. There is no  use for acrypto coin if it can't be found to do it's job. The gold standard was a great idea, but its time is gone.
bonammeo

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:29:26 PM

I think bitcoin is more valuable than gold. It is high security, safe in investment and transaction. Gold is too cumbersome to store, and bitcoin simply stores a file on your device. It is possible that the price of gold is rising, bitcoin is decreasing, but future bitcoin will be popular, it will return to peak. High that it was.
julyet

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:56:33 PM

You can really consider Bitcoin digital gold, because its cost is high, the number is limited, and the characteristics are superior to everything else. + he is developing
delightme

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:20:18 PM

gold has certain characteristics that make it a better store of value as it is commonly know than other objects.  Bitcoin is more valuable than gold because it is well secured also safe in investment and transaction, Bitcoin is a digital currency that is used through internet.

lee cooper

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:29:17 PM

Bitcoin has good advantages, so it's far from gold. Gold is a precious metal that has a physical and clear form, but bitcoin is not real and its value exceeds the price of gold. Bitcoin is a technology that is created so fantastic and valuable that many want to have it.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

I agree with your post. Bitcoins are just digital coin, because bitcoins do not have real value so they can not be compared to gold. Gold is a valuable metal, and they can make many things from gold, so gold is very valuable. Bitcoin is a kind of digital currency, used to trade through the internet, used to replace the currency.

Why gold is valuable? Don't you think steel is used more than gold? Why is steel which is used in almost all industries less valuable than gold?
That's only due to supply and demand. Gold is valuable because there is not a high supply. It is same as bitcoin. Total number of bitcoins is limited. This makes bitcoin valuable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: