June 01, 2024, 04:17:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1336
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:19:43 AM

@ Rent-A-Ray

I am keeping a copy of the zeitcoin blockchain at

Let me know what you think.

Cool

Very good, i will post this within the next days on the op.
I really believe in Zeitcoin but not in the cooperation with TZM. This is the past, lets use our power TOGETHER for the future!
+1
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:40:44 PM

@ Rent-A-Ray

I am keeping a copy of the zeitcoin blockchain at

Let me know what you think.

Cool

Very good, i will post this within the next days on the op.
I really believe in Zeitcoin but not in the cooperation with TZM. This is the past, lets use our power TOGETHER for the future!
+1

Thanks.
 Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:06:13 PM

Please help me/us to keep it high! Let´s bring the Zeitcoin back to 30 latoshi till the end of the year. Stop your sell orders and buy Zeit.

I'm broadly sympathetic towards you, but advising people to buy Zeitcoin simply to push the price up is risky and could be counter-productive. In any investment there is an element of risk, particularly so with crypto-currencies. 30 Litoshis, seems rather meagre to me, ... then what?! I'd like to see Zeitcoin rise on its own merits. One advantage of the low price at the moment is that people can buy into Zeitcoin with little, or no risk. Once people try Zeitcoin, I believe the majority will stay with it. I look forward to the day when Bitcoin will be measured in Zeitoshis!!! Now that would be something! Wink

Zeitoshis!!!

That is Cool!!!
 Cool
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:43:53 PM

This page deserves a song....

http://youtu.be/XC9YY1urT8Q

(If you don't have posts/page maxed it won't make sense)

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
serchan

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Hmm. Is Zeitcoin death ? What do I hear ?
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:22:21 PM

Another noob FUDder Sad

Can I Lion him, kiklo?

Can I? CAN I?

*starts sharpening mighty paws*

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 10:24:49 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 10:41:24 PM by cryptonit

just stocked up over 100 million ZEIT for a counsel slot

i think like DMD Diamond and noblecoin
is zeitcoin a coin that fit to my mindset

maybe DMD Diamond Foundation and Zeitcoin can find in future ways of cooperation
we detected some weakness in ur POS code special the missing autogrouping of coins

so my proposal as counsel would be:
improve POS code with help from DMD Diamond foundation
maybe if u interested in hybrid POW/POS security transform to merged mining with DMD Diamond
witch also can be done at a POW reward setting of 0 (or maybe 1 just to have some) of zeitcoin
this would protect ZEIT with full average 4 Ghash groestl mining capacity of DMD Diamond network
(we plan integrate some more coins in this merged mining network to provide each other network security
this allow increase POS block time and reduce minting spam too)

btw if some people might be interested in a coin dedicated cloud mining solution  i run such for DMD Diamond
email me at cloud@bit.diamonds if interested

----------------------------------
DMD Multipool Lotto
earn lotto numbers for free
when u mine at DMD Multipool
next drawing 5. Oktober 100 DMD
http://multipool.bit.diamonds/

----------------------------------

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:03:59 PM

Another noob FUDder Sad

Can I Lion him, kiklo?

Can I? CAN I?

*starts sharpening mighty paws*

LOL

I think he already Wet himself and went running home for a new diaper.
 Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:48:42 PM

just stocked up over 100 million ZEIT for a counsel slot

i think like DMD Diamond and noblecoin
is zeitcoin a coin that fit to my mindset
so my proposal as counsel would be:
improve POS code with help from DMD Diamond foundation
maybe if u interested in hybrid POW/POS security transform to merged mining with DMD Diamond
witch also can be done at a POW reward setting of 0 (or maybe 1 just to have some) of zeitcoin
this would protect ZEIT with full average 4 Ghash groestl mining capacity of DMD Diamond network
(we plan integrate some more coins in this merged mining network to provide each other network security
this allow increase POS block time and reduce minting spam too)

Cool the more on the Zeit Counsel the better,
Personally adding pow would open some security holes , that I would rather not have to keep an eye on.
But once the Counsel is active next year , make your Pitch, Most votes win the day
Your Offer does present some interesting ideas such as Zeit & Diamond combining resources for things we both want like an android wallet , maybe even a Multiwallet combining both ( getting ahead of myself here, but the ability to exchange directly between the 2 in some way, will think on that some)
There are a lot of cool new features that need to be added to all PC based walllets to dramatically increase their user friendliness , most of them are in my head and still working them out.
But any common goals we find there is no reason we can't work together to overcome them.
 Cool

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:18:46 AM

Zeit Counsel Question
After the Counsel is formed

Do you want All Counsel Discussions held in this forum including voting,
or would you prefer a Group Conference Call or some IRC Channel just for the counsel members?
Or some other form of communications, if so list.

P.S.
My telepathy is not what it used to be and the rain keeps messing up the smoke signals so those two are out.

Cool

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:32:45 AM

Personally adding pow would open some security holes , that I would rather not have to keep an eye on.
But once the Counsel is active next year , make your Pitch, Most votes win the day
Your Offer does present some interesting ideas such as Zeit & Diamond combining resources for things we both want like an android wallet , maybe even a Multiwallet combining both ( getting ahead of myself here, but the ability to exchange directly between the 2 in some way, will think on that some)

DMD Diamond did bring hybrid POW/POS back to where it is a security gain and not a security loss.....
as i can see the potential for working together on shared goals is great
we have a excellent wallet coder and one of the few people that can adapt any POS codeline
because of full understanding of the code up to a degree that u could even call recreate POS with custom rulesets and even new rules

but we have no resources pointed at android wallet and multicoin-wallet at the moment
like i offered we could clean and improve ur pos code for work shared by u in other areas

i think talker in deeper details should be handled somewhere else
send me a PM with ur skype name please

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:46:42 AM

Zeit Counsel Question
After the Counsel is formed

Do you want All Counsel Discussions held in this forum including voting,
or would you prefer a Group Conference Call or some IRC Channel just for the counsel members?
Or some other form of communications, if so list.

P.S.
My telepathy is not what it used to be and the rain keeps messing up the smoke signals so those two are out.

Cool

DMD Diamond follow the onion principe
in the center decisions are made but we talking with a inner circle of community about their ideas and preferences too and use them as first beta testers
the normal community have less impact on decision finding

someone not dedicate enough to spend some time to follow and participate at the inner circle talks should not be able
yay or nay on important decisions

the inner circle talks at a skype chatgroup that is permanent running we have there at the moment 12 people
the core the diamond foundation itself is 3 people

this is just a example how it can be setup
i think zeitcoin will follow another path because
its less central managed and more "movement" driven?
but still discuss anything public and vote about any new feature is in my opinion hurting fast decision processes
(less talk and more act is better in my opinion)
u should try find a way of community legitimated decision makers

example make this counsel nominate 3 people for beeining voted as project leader for a term of lets say 4 months
this voting then is done by whole community
and the following 4 months the project leader can make decisions and only a of 51%+ veto of counsels can stop his decisions

this is a concept similar to a strong president like USA have it
advantage in ability to respond fast and make decisions
disadvantage if the president suck.......

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:36:16 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 01:58:10 AM by kiklo

DMD Diamond follow the onion principe
in the center decisions are made but we talking with a inner circle of community about their ideas and preferences too and use them as first beta testers
the normal community have less impact on decision finding
someone not dedicate enough to spend some time to follow and participate at the inner circle talks should not be able
yay or nay on important decisions
the inner circle talks at a skype chatgroup that is permanent running we have there at the moment 12 people
the core the diamond foundation itself is 3 people
this is just a example how it can be setup
i think zeitcoin will follow another path because
its less central managed and more "movement" driven?
but still discuss anything public and vote about any new feature is in my opinion hurting fast decision processes
(less talk and more act is better in my opinion)
u should try find a way of community legitimated decision makers
example make this counsel nominate 3 people for beeining voted as project leader for a term of lets say 4 months
this voting then is done by whole community
and the following 4 months the project leader can make decisions and only a of 51%+ veto of counsels can stop his decisions
this is a concept similar to a strong president like USA have it
advantage in ability to respond fast and make decisions
disadvantage if the president suck.......

ZEIT Counsel will be a Majority Vote,
Individual members may form subgroups in any way they see fit to help zeit
That way if a member does not want to support that subgroup , they don't have too,
We will have a core duty to the coin and once those are met , the subgroups will focus on what they consider the most important. The subgroups will work off of Majority Vote inside their groups.
Additional resources needed to complete a task by a subgroup, will be covered by the subgroup
unless they ask to have it voted on by the entire counsel for Counsel funding , which would mean if the majority of the zeit counsel voted yes all would chip in, or if voted no, the subgroup could either drop the task or complete it on their own. Anyone not having the resources to donate to Full counsel project would be able to abstain up to 3 times in a row. But the 4th time would lose their seat on the counsel. Counsel will also have to vote on how often the entire counsel wants to be asked for Entire Counsel Funding during a year. Also the limit to the funding amount, so as not to be a big issue for some members.

Cool

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:04:23 AM

For Anyone downloading ZeitCoin for the 1st time and you don't want to wait for the Blockchain to download from the beginning.

Go to the Following Link to get a copy of the Zeitcoin Blockchain from Sept. 2014.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a3l0akth7dpoeg/ZeitCoin-Blockchain.zip?dl=0

Make sure Zeitcoin is closed

Then Unpack and copy & replace the files from Zeitcoin-Blockchain into C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin

Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last Monthly update instead of the start.

Cool
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:48:00 AM

im up for any update to zeitcoin... ANY!
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:55:04 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 07:22:05 AM by kiklo

im up for any update to zeitcoin... ANY!

1 ZeitCoin Wallet works perfectly
2 The Amount of Active connections on my client stays around 12 to 15 all of the time
(Which means we have a large amount of zeit active users out there)
3 We have a working Block Explorer
4 We have a web site
5 We are currently on 2 exchanges
6 Our Trading volume is in the Millions and Growing
7 Only Zeitcoin has a LION to devour any fudders that may appear.
8 Full POS , No ASIC miner needed, low cost of entry for now.

ZEIT COUNSEL
Counsel to be formed Jan 31., 2015
All Members must have 100 million Zeitcoins as a requirement of membership
Items for the Counsel to Consider

Slogans
Zeitcoin: based on the Zeitgeist ethos.                      submitted by BainbridgeJ

Goals , Long & Short Range
Commission an Android Wallet for Zeitcoin                    submitted by kiklo
Build, or Transform an Existing City                             submitted by BitcoinNational
A Directory of Services/Items for sale using Zeitcoins     submitted by BainbridgeJ  
Speeding up the Zeit Wallet Blockchain Load time          submitted by UKI

As Ideas for the Counsel are Posted , will update this every few pages.
In 2014 ZEIT COIN was Created and in 2015 ZEIT COUNSEL will ENSURE its Success.

Submit a Slogan or express a Goal you would like completed by ZEIT Counsel
 Cool

FYI:
cryptonit from Diamond Coin Wanted Zeit to Join in with Diamond , but after looking at some of the details, it is not a good fit and would weaken our Coin while adding our strength to diamond.

2nd FYI:
Litecoin was near $4 a few weeks ago and if you bought ZeitCoin then ,the Value of your coins has went up since Litecoin is now over $5 even if Zeit stayed at the exact same price. Cheesy
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:21:53 AM

ZEIT means Time in German,

Everyone would like to wake up in the morning and have Zeit be worth what they know its True Value to be, It will happen but in its own time , not in our need it right this second culture.

Zeit's Strengths
It's sheer number of coins give it a better design for Global Use.

It has not required constant updates to fix security issues or Hard Forks because the coin quit working. It does not even need a conf file to work like so many others.
Others update almost monthly , Our ZEITCoin Justs Works Pure & Simple.

It has the best price point right now for mass adoption thru out the world of any Purely POS Coin.
No ASIC needed, why would we ever want that insanity back.

To Those that need constant updates, it will go like this for the next few months.
ZeitCoin is working perfectly
The Value of the coin is rising and if you are lucky enough to see a lull , buy then because it won't be long before the value is rising again.
Add any ideas you want considered for zeit in these forums.
Oh and watch your step , I think LION just pooped out another fudder.
 Cool
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:24:52 AM

For Anyone downloading ZeitCoin for the 1st time and you don't want to wait for the Blockchain to download from the beginning.

Go to the Following Link to get a copy of the Zeitcoin Blockchain from Sept. 2014.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a3l0akth7dpoeg/ZeitCoin-Blockchain.zip?dl=0

Make sure Zeitcoin is closed

Then Unpack and copy & replace the files from Zeitcoin-Blockchain into C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin

Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last Monthly update instead of the start.

Cool
thanks a lot. That speeded me up after problems with loading blkindex.dat file.
As for "walllet working perfectly", I believe there is a lot of room to improve at startup - wallet takes ages to load, even in comparison with coins that have blockchains of similar length.
Otherwise agree.  

this space is intentionally left blank
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 11:50:36 AM

FYI:
cryptonit from Diamond Coin Wanted Zeit to Join in with Diamond , but after looking at some of the details, it is not a good fit and would weaken our Coin while adding our strength to diamond.

thx for fast decision
i wish ya the best
i keep my 100million and stay passiv at zeitcoin

i think its clear that our view about
who would have strength who is a bit different

i wish ya good luck and a dev who is being able master the upcoming required code adaptions
if u think zeitcoin wallet code is good stable and future prove u are wrong

u can easy call a untested piece of wood unbreakable

LionOfNarnia

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:47:15 PM

Just to chuck in my tiny Wink thoughts on what's been said recently...

My only objection is to the use of Skype.

There are plenty of non-corporate open-source apps out there that are more in keeping with the ethos of the cryptosphere.

One of my faves is the encrypted RetroShare & we used to use Pidgin for high-level Zeit craic.

Think fudding is just the modern equivalent of 'knock & nash' - by nature they're not actually brave enough to stick around to face the consequences of their stupidity. Which is a shame coz I'm just in the Monday mood for some bloody dismemberment.

(For those who doubt, I'm a 6'+, 300lb former 'rogue biker', ex-soldier & semi-pro fullback/MLB)

Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: