Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:19:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] Topps Allen & Ginter Reference Thread  (Read 84768 times)
Mrstacy
Copper Member

Activity: 1247
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 03:26:03 AM

If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing, regardless of what I could have made money wise.  For everyone who collected them and kept them, congratz and to those that sold some and made a killing congratz, the 2018 A&G #83 turned out to be one of my special moments here on the forum and I thank everyone for sharing and enjoying the experience along with me.  I still had a few PSA 10's from a close special friend that I passed down to my son.  Keep up the hunt because that silver mini is still out there, so are some red and black mini's.  Glow's brooklyn's and no #'s too.   Cool Cool Cool Cool

The dolphin

It has been an wild ride, but best yet to come. The silver may show up , the glossy 1/1 may sell, more whales may jump in. 2022 I'm thinking as currently the new money has no regard for rarities - minis and base cards similarly priced and no love for black border and a &g backs.

As long as Cryptocurrency is on the headlines,  we are good

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

https://diviproject.org/
c4c4c4

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 05:33:47 AM

Slabwatch is off. So im not sure what to trust.  This item did not sell for 2400

https://www.slabwatch.com/265021256586

I haven't heard if slab watch before but you can find what the accepted offer was using this method https://certifiedcomic.shop/blog/find-ebay-best-offer-selling-price/

I assume slab watch does the same thing just automated. But if the “see original listing” page isn't available it won't work.

Thanks.  I'll try this out

yeah or 130point.com usually works - i just have a slabwatch extension on my chrome so i can click directly from ebay to see true sold price
c4c4c4

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 10:30:28 AM

also in the card collecting world printing plates dont usually fetch anywhere close to regular 1/1 cards. often times they wont sell for more than 10% off what a regular 1/1 if the same card would do
dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 441

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 01:33:54 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2021, 02:00:25 PM by dolphriends

also in the card collecting world printing plates dont usually fetch anywhere close to regular 1/1 cards. often times they wont sell for more than 10% off what a regular 1/1 if the same card would do

Did you read this somewhere or has this been from your own experience.  Have you ever owned all four printing plates?  You may be correct, but as far as the #83 printing plate goes, I would strongly disagree with any general statement on card collecting. 
dolphriends

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 02:54:30 PM

To be clear, the debate around the printing plate has always been whether or not it is a true 1/1.  There are points made on both sides but, when you own all four of them the point becomes moot.  Also known as the rainbow. Cool Cool Cool Cool.  This is my opinion and I always welcome other opinions.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3013

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 02:57:13 PM

I had the cyan plate I think for around 35.00.  I did not interfer with the bidding on the black or magenta plate as I wanted them to go to those particular bidders.  The yellow was found on its own by the bidder of the black plate.  I wanted to share with everyone when these cards first came out and gave many to my friends like brooklyns , no #'s etc.  They are only enjoyable  to me if others have them also and can enjoy them.    The plates are all together where they should be now, with a very good person. Cool Cool Cool

That must have been hard to give up, but I hear ya about this being an enjoyable experience for the community.  I'm sure if I had 2-3 guesses I could figure out who the owner of them is  Smiley  Would be awesome to own that set!

If these printing plates were to be sold here they would fetch an absolute fortune.  These aren't just some random players printing plate, with bitcoin and cryptocurrency blowing up like it has, they are in super high demand.  Just take a look at ebay and how much all the cards are selling for.  These plates essentially are 1 of 1's, and would fetch just as much and even more than some other 1 of 1's.  

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 05:18:55 PM

Slabwatch is off. So im not sure what to trust.  This item did not sell for 2400

https://www.slabwatch.com/265021256586

I haven't heard if slab watch before but you can find what the accepted offer was using this method https://certifiedcomic.shop/blog/find-ebay-best-offer-selling-price/

I assume slab watch does the same thing just automated. But if the “see original listing” page isn't available it won't work.

Thanks.  I'll try this out

yeah or 130point.com usually works - i just have a slabwatch extension on my chrome so i can click directly from ebay to see true sold price

added slabwatch extension to chrome.  thanks for this.  i swear that i used to be able to sort past sales history and estimate the sales price.  hmm. maybe i've been overpaying for years. lol

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

dolphriends

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 05:37:16 PM

I had the cyan plate I think for around 35.00.  I did not interfer with the bidding on the black or magenta plate as I wanted them to go to those particular bidders.  The yellow was found on its own by the bidder of the black plate.  I wanted to share with everyone when these cards first came out and gave many to my friends like brooklyns , no #'s etc.  They are only enjoyable  to me if others have them also and can enjoy them.    The plates are all together where they should be now, with a very good person. Cool Cool Cool

That must have been hard to give up, but I hear ya about this being an enjoyable experience for the community.  I'm sure if I had 2-3 guesses I could figure out who the owner of them is  Smiley  Would be awesome to own that set!

If these printing plates were to be sold here they would fetch an absolute fortune.  These aren't just some random players printing plate, with bitcoin and cryptocurrency blowing up like it has, they are in super high demand.  Just take a look at ebay and how much all the cards are selling for.  These plates essentially are 1 of 1's, and would fetch just as much and even more than some other 1 of 1's.  

Although it would take a special buyer, I still say the rainbow of four #83 plates would have a value of 1 million dollars.  Just the   impossibility of putting all four together deserves an award.   Cool Cool Cool  I don't disclose who owns what as many owners like to remain anonymous.  I have had the opportunity to actually hold two of the printing plates.  That was pretty cool
Spokanistan51

Activity: 1728
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2021, 08:07:14 PM

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I had a few random packs of 2018 A&G I just opened (not an X pack). No markings, lower corners of card are rounded. It’s looks like a hologram on the card over the top of something that appears to resemble a baseball home plate in the lower left corner. It was the last card in a pack. Probably nothing but a spacer or something, thought I would ask?

https://imgur.com/a/cFJpixr

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
Fattcatt

Activity: 1917
Merit: 354

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 08:51:07 PM

Never seen one of those...... Huh
TheNovemberMan
Copper Member

Activity: 458
Merit: 134

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 09:02:39 PM

Total guess here, but could it be one of those security tag things that set off the alarm if not demagnetized?
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 09:28:37 PM

Total guess here, but could it be one of those security tag things that set off the alarm if not demagnetized?

That is correct!!. I wondered too when i first saw

c4c4c4

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 11:33:33 PM

Did you read this somewhere or has this been from your own experience.  Have you ever owned all four printing plates?  You may be correct, but as far as the #83 printing plate goes, I would strongly disagree with any general statement on card collecting. 

no i didnt read that somewhere lol, its just been that way for printing plates for sports cards
is the CC plate pack pulled or someone got them from topps somehow? if its pack pulled (at least to card collectors) its still a 1/1 but like i said in the post above, theyre worth considerably less than a cardboard 1/1

maybe someone on here would pay the high for it.. but the general card market wouldnt. just check ebay sold listings to see how much printing plates sell for

and all printing plates are 1/1's
c4c4c4

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 11:38:06 PM

also whats the deal wit the black #83's non mini? are they exclusive to any product/box?

sorry new to crypto cards from AG, but have been into crypto since 2013 and pretty heavily into sports/pokemon card market as well since last year

Fattcatt

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 11:48:10 PM

I agree, I think that collectors would rather have the actual card than a faded plate. Most of us in here, if we were being honest, would agree with that. ANY 1/1 card is ultimately EVERY card collectors dream. The fact that THESE plates are #83 Cryptocurrency plates does make them "special", but each one would be 1/4 the cost of a 1 of 1 card, logically. Kinda like the Red Mini's, rare and really nice to have, but plates are far less desirable than a UNICORN card.  Cry   But hey...I do enjoy rainbows in the sky!!! Wink  
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 12:22:00 AM

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I had a few random packs of 2018 A&G I just opened (not an X pack). No markings, lower corners of card are rounded. It’s looks like a hologram on the card over the top of something that appears to resemble a baseball home plate in the lower left corner. It was the last card in a pack. Probably nothing but a spacer or something, thought I would ask?

https://imgur.com/a/cFJpixr

I had a bunch of these too. I bought 2-3 boxes of 2018 A&G..the hobby box and whatever that other one is called..and I could swear in one of the boxes every single pack had one in them. Maybe every other pack..either way there was a bunch. I’m surprised you hadn’t seen them before.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Fattcatt

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 12:23:28 AM

The black cards come from the X Hobby box, current asking price $10,000 in Ebay, for a box of those.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 12:30:19 AM

no i didnt read that somewhere lol, its just been that way for printing plates for sports cards
is the CC plate pack pulled or someone got them from topps somehow? if its pack pulled (at least to card collectors) its still a 1/1 but like i said in the post above, theyre worth considerably less than a cardboard 1/1

maybe someone on here would pay the high for it.. but the general card market wouldnt. just check ebay sold listings to see how much printing plates sell for

Again, these printing plates are not just an average printing plate. This cryptocurrency collectors market is pretty aggressive for cool things, especially 1 of 1’s and these plates would fetch far more than most of not all plates selling on eBay. They were pulled from packs and several sold at very low amounts at one point, but the market has grown 1000 x over for them since then. I would absolutely love to own one of these.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dolphriends

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 12:49:32 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I threw away the book when it comes to the #83.  I will stand firm on my opinion that the 4 printing plates together is hands down the greatest achievement and by far the most valuable.  I would personally rather own all 4 plates than all the other 1/1 's, 1/5's 1/25"s and 1/50.  Personal opinions is what makes all of this such fun and enjoyment for me anyway. 

Again, these printing plates are not just an average printing plate. This cryptocurrency collectors market is pretty aggressive for cool things, especially 1 of 1’s and these plates would fetch far more than most of not all plates selling on eBay. They were pulled from packs and several sold at very low amounts at one point, but the market has grown 1000 x over for them since then. I would absolutely love to own one of these.
Fattcatt

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 01:02:51 AM

It IS a personal opinion......one that only time will tell....and my money's on the 1 of 1's.  Cheesy  We can revisit this in 10 years, and see who's right.
That being said, I don't think anyone would turn down a plate, if one were offered. Collectors, all of us, ALL of these variations are very cool.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: