Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:15:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The even greater Gulden thread!  (Read 47060 times)
BramVee

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 08:56:44 AM

I lost close to 80% on this coin when I invested in 2017, any regrets? NO! I learnt a lot from Gulden as my first crypto. Thank fuck I did sell or I would be over 95% loss with todays prices.  Most people invested in this coin because of the emotion it stirred up for some of us in the Netherlands which gave this blockchain some value, mainly emotional value. With the new name the emotional value is gone.

Yes, Munt name won't work as no effort is done. Gulden needs less effort to make a success because of the name. Rijk does not like to work and Malcolm announce his leaving no work will be done.
TheCanadianBach

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 11:21:25 AM

I lost close to 80% on this coin when I invested in 2017, any regrets? NO! I learnt a lot from Gulden as my first crypto. Thank fuck I did sell or I would be over 95% loss with todays prices.  Most people invested in this coin because of the emotion it stirred up for some of us in the Netherlands which gave this blockchain some value, mainly emotional value. With the new name the emotional value is gone.

Yes, Munt name won't work as no effort is done. Gulden needs less effort to make a success because of the name. Rijk does not like to work and Malcolm announce his leaving no work will be done.

After seeing the effort the team at syscoin put in I realized Gulden had zero chance of success. You can't have a premine and expect others to do the work for you. To make it worse Rijk created a 2nd coin when the first coin wasn't getting another effort it needed to succeed.

BanderCander

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 04, 2023, 09:57:45 PM

Only for florin...

Erik de Maijer and a few others will contribute to Rijks new bitvavo exchange fund for a new florin listing that promises ideal transactions, if any interest you can sign up to slack and help contribute. I don't know where the bitvavo funds ended up and I can't promise the florin investors the €25000 will be used for it's intended purpose.
Rijk has also given up on Munt because of whales and the distribution problems caused by these whales buying up the premines, dev rewards and other contributions made to develop the Munt-Gulden blockchain that the rich florin investors got for free. Sweet deal.

Maybe some hopium that the "rich" investors that invested in florin will help Erik de Maijer raise funds for no compensation, after all they do have the biggest bags and should pay up.

Toldyouso

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 05, 2023, 07:06:46 AM

Only for florin...

Erik de Maijer and a few others will contribute to Rijks new bitvavo exchange fund for a new florin listing that promises ideal transactions, if any interest you can sign up to slack and help contribute. I don't know where the bitvavo funds ended up and I can't promise the florin investors the €25000 will be used for it's intended purpose.
Rijk has also given up on Munt because of whales and the distribution problems caused by these whales buying up the premines, dev rewards and other contributions made to develop the Munt-Gulden blockchain that the rich florin investors got for free. Sweet deal.

Maybe some hopium that the "rich" investors that invested in florin will help Erik de Maijer raise funds for no compensation, after all they do have the biggest bags and should pay up.

It's time to stop bumping this thread. Most people gave up on Rijk's blockchains long ago. If people want to throw more money at Rijk, let them, because you can't stop it. They will have to learn the hard way, and it will help them grow up when looking for new investment options. Of course, over time, there will be fewer people whom Rijk can siphon funds off, and he will move onto the next thing in his life to try make easy money off people.
SjorsChambone

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2023, 06:17:33 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2023, 06:47:12 AM by SjorsChambone

NA
BarryDnH

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 09:22:44 AM

Anyone invested in Ordinals might want to sell them off. Bitcoin devs planning to remove it.
BanderCander

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 10:29:16 AM

Anyone invested in Ordinals might want to sell them off. Bitcoin devs planning to remove it.

They will link it to a hash in the future? Not good for Rijks new bulls ordinals project. He only has florin left. No coming back for Gulden - Munt.
cryptonomicon1224

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 11:04:15 PM

They will link it to a hash in the future? Not good for Rijks new bulls ordinals project. He only has florin left. No coming back for Gulden - Munt.

So, just to play contrarian commenter here....but isn't it possible that there's an ulterior reason that the price is so low with Munt right now?

Couldn't it be the case that it's getting buried right now because the distribution is trying to be reset the old fashioned way via a price flush/base out/long term pattern reset? How many times have we heard that some project in Blockchain is "dead" only for it to be revived in some way several years later?

Some stocks/businesses/corporations/projects that are still alive today experienced 99% losses from their ATH within the first decade of operation...Centure/Gulden/Florin are all less than 10 years old.... And it usually happens that all the old legacy holders, members of the initial board, ground floor person personalities etc., sell off for whatever (understandable) reasons...but the Blockchain/service still runs...doesn't that mean a fresh restart could still be possible if new listings caught on, a more focused and refined use case that was locked in with regulatory approval started to gain traction, like the ability for merchants to accept and exchange the limited issuance NFTs, and new money with new expectations started coming back into a very different crypto space than when this project started....

If all that were to come to pass within it's second decade of operation...leading to prices that were previously unfathomable... and it took everyone who sold out long before by surprise...wouldn't that mean that patience is still the #1 virtue in investing, even when it comes to Blockchain projects?
gregofdoom.

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 11, 2023, 08:23:50 AM

Great summary of the current situation.
We've seen this pattern quite often over the years.
SjorsChambone

View Profile
May 11, 2023, 01:06:52 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2023, 01:21:09 PM by SjorsChambone

I am doing my part to get Gulden off the ground but a lot of investors are worried that Rijk has the postmine and is not contributing in a meaningful way and thus it's taking longer than expected to convince others to be fully invested. I understand Rijk doesnt trust others with the postmine and he has stayed the course since the beginning. Can I say he won't get rich off my hard work and your hard work? No , but he is the founder and he owns the domains. We have no choice but to make Rijk rich by him selling what is left of the postmine if this coin is going to succeed.
Not everyone in the community is like Ping , also known as Roy in the community, he believes Rijk won't dump the postmine when the price goes up and it will remain on blockhut for sales and to grow the coin.

I am coming up with a plan and invite others to join on this new journey. Come sign up to slack below and please be civil, I know people are frustrated and getting angry but I am helping and would like the slack to be respectful place to share ideas and some ideas we can put into action if feasible.
https://www.gulden-munt-gemeenschap.nl/
nixon98

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2023, 03:52:27 PM

I am doing my part to get Gulden off the ground but a lot of investors are worried that Rijk has the postmine and is not contributing in a meaningful way and thus it's taking longer than expected to convince others to be fully invested. I understand Rijk doesnt trust others with the postmine and he has stayed the course since the beginning. Can I say he won't get rich off my hard work and your hard work? No , but he is the founder and he owns the domains. We have no choice but to make Rijk rich by him selling what is left of the postmine if this coin is going to succeed.
Not everyone in the community is like Ping , also known as Roy in the community, he believes Rijk won't dump the postmine when the price goes up and it will remain on blockhut for sales and to grow the coin.

I am coming up with a plan and invite others to join on this new journey. Come sign up to slack below and please be civil, I know people are frustrated and getting angry but I am helping and would like the slack to be respectful place to share ideas and some ideas we can put into action if feasible.
https://www.gulden-munt-gemeenschap.nl/
1. The Slack community is all in Dutch so it's pointless for people to join.
2. Can you change the name back to Gulden
gregofdoom.

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 12, 2023, 06:33:59 PM

You can use google translate.
It works quite well.
Tarz

Activity: 237
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 13, 2023, 02:55:01 PM

Buy ID or SEI or whatever launches up next. I mean launchpad coins are never a sure bet but within all that pointless bullion of worthless distressed shitcoins sometimes can be found gems. I am done with random coins and more over, I am done with small capitalizations. This market has proven that cheaper and less known coins always lose to top dogs.
Henis

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 14, 2023, 02:17:25 PM

Buy ID or SEI or whatever launches up next. I mean launchpad coins are never a sure bet but within all that pointless bullion of worthless distressed shitcoins sometimes can be found gems. I am done with random coins and more over, I am done with small capitalizations. This market has proven that cheaper and less known coins always lose to top dogs.

Market has matured, you need to have a good amount of capital and put in a lot of work to get your blockchain noticed.

This coin had slick development as it was easy to use but not much effort outside of development.
BanderCander

View Profile
May 16, 2023, 07:53:49 AM

Rijk is putting 100% of his effort into Florin, forget about MUNT and Ordinals. Florin does have a chance of making some profit at this price.
cryptonomicon1224

View Profile
June 05, 2023, 04:57:25 AM

Rijk is putting 100% of his effort into Florin, forget about MUNT and Ordinals. Florin does have a chance of making some profit at this price.
Again, if the Blockchain works, much of the work has already been done. Florin is based on MUNT/NLG.
It's almost an identical codebase, just with way, way fewer units. 

If Florin actually gets serious attention for its scarcity, gets a big exchange listing and grows its holder base to where folks find out more about where it came from...then there isn't any fundamental reason why MUNT can't be picked off the basement floor and re-appreciated since MUNT *also* is comparatively cheap per the total supply of 700M.

There are hundreds of copypasta ether coins with billions of units that have no mainnet, no independent Blockchain, are totally centralized, has censorable transactions---but are trading for dozens or even hundreds of satoshis only because of exchange exposure and socmed hype.

MUNT has 1/25th the total units of Digibyte but is simultaneously 1/20th the price simply because it has no exchanges, brokers, mercantile uses and buzz/visibility.

That visibility can come back *exponentially* if it's younger sister coin, Florin's future success can shed some light on the underlying quality of the work that has already been done but has gone unappreciated due to no marketing. If Florin could be a mechanism for future marketing, then MUNT could be revived.
moke4848

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 01, 2023, 06:35:40 PM

RIP.
Code broken. Dev left the building.
BanderCander

View Profile
September 07, 2023, 08:46:26 AM

RIP.
Code broken. Dev left the building.

A new group called CIG took over from Rijk but for some reason Rijk has the premine, it looks like CIG is Rijk. Who is going to put effort if the guy not putting anymore effort into Gulden holds the largest slice of Gulden.
moke4848

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 07, 2023, 01:31:08 PM

And CIG is anonymous, of course.
johnnybraveau

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

This is my real name

View Profile
September 09, 2023, 05:26:31 PM

And CIG is anonymous, of course.

CIG is not Rijk
CIG is not anonymous

The person behind CIG has publically on Munt slack said he would (and that he did) purchase the 65 million postmine.

He is even on this forum since he is one of the early adopters and big shot miners of Gulden.

He is using the CIG account because there are more donating people to the initiative (hence Group) but he is also still active on slack using his own name. So nice try to create some fud Dox, you should have read up slack first

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: