Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:29:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The even greater Gulden thread!  (Read 47064 times)
JuliusDoximus

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 02:50:51 PM

The context is fud and a 51% attack is not possible at Gulden blockchain
RetinaB

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:26:39 PM

This is sad for people who were trying to register on bitcoinmeester on the weekend and watching the price go up like this. Bitcoinmeester also wants a lot of data, a few of my close contacts have tried to register and accounts will only be validated Monday or Tuesday.

Praying the price dumps overnight so they can get in at a good rate.

Rijk is worried about a 51% attack on the blockchain if the rewards change, the developers are confirming if Guldens security can manage. I am also worried because it's taken more then a week and they don't know.

Your close contacts can risk buying and if the reward change is approved they will make a profit but if the developers can't make a decision more of the community will sell and your contacts can get in cheaper, wait until the weekend is my advice.

3 of my contacts purchased today through bitcoinmeester. It worked out better with the verification delay and the price dipping. One of the guys will continue to buy if the price dips under 0.02c
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 07:33:35 PM

This is sad for people who were trying to register on bitcoinmeester on the weekend and watching the price go up like this. Bitcoinmeester also wants a lot of data, a few of my close contacts have tried to register and accounts will only be validated Monday or Tuesday.

Praying the price dumps overnight so they can get in at a good rate.

Rijk is worried about a 51% attack on the blockchain if the rewards change, the developers are confirming if Guldens security can manage. I am also worried because it's taken more then a week and they don't know.

Your close contacts can risk buying and if the reward change is approved they will make a profit but if the developers can't make a decision more of the community will sell and your contacts can get in cheaper, wait until the weekend is my advice.

Less secure:

30-30-60

More secure:

10-30-80

Most secure:

10-20-90

What’s the context?
Mining/Witness/Fund?

The higher the fund, the higher the security. How will it be possible to do a 51% attack when the miner and witness only have 25% of the reward?
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 09:06:41 PM

You cannot do a 51% attack on Gulden like you can on any Bitcoin clone.
Enriquerow

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 03:43:49 AM

You cannot do a 51% attack on Gulden like you can on any Bitcoin clone.

Do you know why Rijk is scared about security, or something other than 51% attack?  Does Gulden have a security hole that Novo doesn't because Novo only has 0.2 block reward but was no problem adding a halving every 4 years.
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 05:30:52 AM

Who says he is scared?

I don’t know why you are so panicy. The change is planned for the summer, whats the problem with having the dev look into the changes prior to doing it. And the devs are currently on witness sync development.
Enriquerow

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 04:46:43 PM

Who says he is scared?

I don’t know why you are so panicy. The change is planned for the summer, whats the problem with having the dev look into the changes prior to doing it. And the devs are currently on witness sync development.

I think I get it, Rijk wants to write it in the code and then say its done? Instead of saying yes it can be done but can't write it in the code because the devs are working on witness sync?
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 05:14:41 PM

Who says he is scared?

I think I get it, Rijk wants to write it in the code and then say its done? Instead of saying yes it can be done but can't write it in the code because the devs are working on witness sync?

Ahmed a well known person for finding vulnerabilities and my team have checked and witnessing is solid. No security risk but if MaNI is working on another repo for his new project he would not want to add the reward changes within the current project repo. He will want to test and commit this repo and make the reward changes under another commit.

It looks simple if you not in development.

I have also become interested in Gulden as a investment

Cathaya

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 06:16:21 AM

What potential future price does Gulden have? My 2 witness accounts are earning good for every time I find a block.
Goodmoves

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 07:28:13 AM

What potential future price does Gulden have? My 2 witness accounts are earning good for every time I find a block.

When the developers confirm the future reward programme and people have more certainty, I expect a rise to syscoin levels as the coins will have similar characteristics in terms of supply and development after these changes.
$0.3-0.5 is the target.
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 07:18:41 PM

Technical analysis youtube blog Doopie just calculated that if 114 sat is reached, price will propell to over 209 sat
Goodmoves

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 05:15:13 AM

Technical analysis youtube blog Doopie just calculated that if 114 sat is reached, price will propell to over 209 sat

Not possible until we have certainty from the developers on the future reward programme, for all we know they will take 4 years to make the change and will say sorry for you but we have to increase the max supply. Then we have been conned by the devs to get more funding out, you have to think like a scammer to see what the developers could be up too. It is strange they are dragging their heels on this subject.
rijk

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 06:16:28 AM

Interesting discussions after I was here last time. Some Bitcointalk slang too, of course, but that's part of the game.

I just wanted to clarify what exactly the plan is regarding the supply and reward adjustment.

As you can see on Github, the supply adjustment is already in the code, so only the rewards / halving needs to be added. We are following the advisory board and our intention is to adopt this adjustment as well. However, we need to find out what the possible consequences of this drastic change are. That has nothing to do with our opinion. Our job is to do what the majority of users (community) want.

What we need to find out is, above all, the Witness/Mining ratio. In the design of Witness, no account was taken of a situation where Witness gets more than Miner. Economically that may be very good, but in terms of security and stability it should be too. We are going to look into that and if it turns out that there are significant risks then we will feed that back to the Advisory Board. If there are no significant risks, we will, of course, implement the change. This has nothing to do with the dev reward, which can be adjusted.

At the moment we are in the middle of the Witness Sync development, which will mean a huge improvement in terms of synchronisation. We hope to be able to test it this month and start working on the reward topic immediately after Witness Sync.

This research will not take months and the implementation in the code is not very complex. The change is planned for August.

At Novo, such changes have already been made and will come into effect around the summer. The reason why the change was made so easily there is mainly because Novo is still very small. So if something still needs to be changed, it can be done easily. We often test something with Novo first, and then apply it to Gulden. That is the advantage of being able to efficiently maintain two projects.
Goodmoves

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 07:50:05 AM

Interesting discussions after I was here last time. Some Bitcointalk slang too, of course, but that's part of the game.

I just wanted to clarify what exactly the plan is regarding the supply and reward adjustment.

As you can see on Github, the supply adjustment is already in the code, so only the rewards / halving needs to be added. We are following the advisory board and our intention is to adopt this adjustment as well. However, we need to find out what the possible consequences of this drastic change are. That has nothing to do with our opinion. Our job is to do what the majority of users (community) want.

What we need to find out is, above all, the Witness/Mining ratio. In the design of Witness, no account was taken of a situation where Witness gets more than Miner. Economically that may be very good, but in terms of security and stability it should be too. We are going to look into that and if it turns out that there are significant risks then we will feed that back to the Advisory Board. If there are no significant risks, we will, of course, implement the change. This has nothing to do with the dev reward, which can be adjusted.

At the moment we are in the middle of the Witness Sync development, which will mean a huge improvement in terms of synchronisation. We hope to be able to test it this month and start working on the reward topic immediately after Witness Sync.

This research will not take months and the implementation in the code is not very complex. The change is planned for August.

At Novo, such changes have already been made and will come into effect around the summer. The reason why the change was made so easily there is mainly because Novo is still very small. So if something still needs to be changed, it can be done easily. We often test something with Novo first, and then apply it to Gulden. That is the advantage of being able to efficiently maintain two projects.

Thanks for your clarification on this subject.

Lets give the weak hands time to sell before the next move up.
KrustyTheClown

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 02:57:17 PM

Not possible until we have certainty from the developers on the future reward programme, for all we know they will take 4 years to make the change and will say sorry for you but we have to increase the max supply. Then we have been conned by the devs to get more funding out, you have to think like a scammer to see what the developers could be up too. It is strange they are dragging their heels on this subject.

Witness sync is finished in 4 years. I have insider info.
Toldyouso

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 03:58:57 PM

Goodmoves

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 07:07:51 PM

A few older accounts selling. After a 3 year dead market it's expected. When the reward adjustments are in we can make them regret they sold. Hold tight!
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 07:12:18 PM

Frusty the clown. Fuddy the clown. Nobody buys this bs.
KrustyTheClown

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 07:28:33 PM

I noticed a dump on the market after my post. Traders are selling my BS.
Goodmoves

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 08:06:58 PM

I noticed a dump on the market after my post. Traders are selling my BS.

It was an old gulden account on bittrex not traders. Better the dump today then a dump at higher prices.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: