Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The even greater Gulden thread!  (Read 47040 times)
RiseandFall

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 06:36:08 AM

Can't these guys create a ETH, BTC , LTC donation options? Why donate Gulden when it can be dumped on bittrex and crashing the price and forcing more Gulden donations to make up the value.

It's the same shit as increasing the rewards and expecting the price to remain the same or go up.

I think i read on slack they are working on this.

I wouldn't be so sure, takes less than 1s to generate a btc address.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RiseandFall

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 06:44:59 AM

Gulden community you all deserve to go to heaven, you are the best, nicest and most patient people I have met

I consider myself a long term investor but after the reward increases without future compensation was made, I was out. The community that stayed deserve a medal, real loyalty that was displayed because there is other options for investments. 1000s of other cryptos, stocks, property, gold etc
You have to think about the investor in all decisions because the devs and investors need each other to make this work. The devs leave, that's ok investors cut their losses and move onto the next investment, the investors leave, that's ok the devs can start something new. To make Gulden work fair deals must be made, not one sided.

We all human and mistakes can be made, the increase in rewards was probably done in panic mode because of funding. The fact the team is now self correcting through advise from the community gives me great hope and why I am buying this coin again. Development has always been good but a few decisions set Gulden back a few years.

BartoszinNL

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 10:56:17 AM

I wouldn't be so sure, takes less than 1s to generate a btc address.

of course, any monkey can create a bitcoin address which is why I think the deal can be that bitvavo wants Gulden as part of the listing arrangement.
RetinaB

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 09:57:18 AM

I will donate once confirmation on the reward changes are in. I don't want to risk too much like the developers rightfully don't want to risk putting the blockchain in a vulnerable position.

Same here, although I can't see it staying the same because the max supply will be reached in 6.5 years according to this funny video.  Grin Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeHV7COqErg
Albert4Gulden

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 01:11:14 PM

Gulden community you all deserve to go to heaven, you are the best, nicest and most patient people I have met

I consider myself a long term investor but after the reward increases without future compensation was made, I was out. The community that stayed deserve a medal, real loyalty that was displayed because there is other options for investments. 1000s of other cryptos, stocks, property, gold etc
You have to think about the investor in all decisions because the devs and investors need each other to make this work. The devs leave, that's ok investors cut their losses and move onto the next investment, the investors leave, that's ok the devs can start something new. To make Gulden work fair deals must be made, not one sided.

We all human and mistakes can be made, the increase in rewards was probably done in panic mode because of funding. The fact the team is now self correcting through advise from the community gives me great hope and why I am buying this coin again. Development has always been good but a few decisions set Gulden back a few years.

Community is strong these days. Lots of work is done to promote Gulden and first time focus on new exchange listings.

Max supply dropped from 1.68 billion to 750 million and reward drop coming in August but if it does not come in August the faster we get to 750 million supply and the faster the reward halvings will have to come. It's a win win.

In 6 years people will wish they purchased Gulden in 2021.
Albert4Gulden

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 01:13:57 PM

I will donate once confirmation on the reward changes are in. I don't want to risk too much like the developers rightfully don't want to risk putting the blockchain in a vulnerable position.

Same here, although I can't see it staying the same because the max supply will be reached in 6.5 years according to this funny video.  Grin Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeHV7COqErg

A friend of mine in Germany worked out it's only 6 years and 2 months before all the coins are mined, so the rewards will have to drop soon.
BramVee

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 01:39:40 PM

Community is strong these days. Lots of work is done to promote Gulden and first time focus on new exchange listings.

Waiting for a whale to buy Novo to 50000 satoshi.
Goodmoves

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 02:51:48 PM

Max supply dropped from 1.68 billion to 750 million and reward drop coming in August but if it does not come in August the faster we get to 750 million supply and the faster the reward halvings will have to come. It's a win win.

In 6 years people will wish they purchased Gulden in 2021.

It's sadge that we have no clarity on the above. It's poor form to keep people in limbo status on what is seemingly a easy decision to make.
Brazenbreeze

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 03:20:28 PM

Have the developers looked into masternodes? One of the coins I invest in called GoByte uses masternodes to secure the network. It's the same system Dash developed.
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 04:23:15 PM

It's sadge that we have no clarity on the above. It's poor form to keep people in limbo status on what is seemingly a easy decision to make.

Rijk says the community makes decision, community says Rijk makes decision.
Who do you blame? Its like a circus where the audience and performers are all clowns.
TheCanadianBach

Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 05:37:03 PM

Have the developers looked into masternodes? One of the coins I invest in called GoByte uses masternodes to secure the network. It's the same system Dash developed.

Gulden uses PoW2 to secure the blockchain which was developed by one of the Gulden devs, its meant to be more secure then masternodes.

TheCanadianBach

Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 06:01:04 PM

Gulden operates uniquely to other coins. Its a hybrid setup with centralised funding for development but Rijk doesn't take responsibility for the coins success or failure outside of development. This is left to the supporters of Gulden to make a success. This is what I read from Rijks previous posts which is good that he is transparent about it.

Its a hard concept to grasp because it looks lazy AF but its less stressful for the developers who can focus on development.

The syscoin devs in 2019 did centralized funding for 2 years because they took responsibility / ownership for the coins success in all areas. They admitted before 2019 that it was stressful to make it and that additional funding was needed through bloclchain rewards called governance. They were lucky but the hard work paid off , but many coins have failed that relied on the developers to do everything.

Then you get the 3rd type which is btc, dogecoin , decentralized funding and volunteer developers who do get paid through various funding. A lot of contributions is done for free but these cases are edge cases because of bitcoin being first and the attention dogecoin achieves for free. Hello Elon Musk.

Willem de Zwijger

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 10:59:42 PM

Time for another kickstart project! Let's get a BIG truck fully wrapped with Gulden

https://truck.guldenkickstart.com
RijkRunsTheBoard

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 03:38:54 AM

Gulden operates uniquely to other coins. Its a hybrid setup with centralised funding for development but Rijk doesn't take responsibility for the coins success or failure outside of development. This is left to the supporters of Gulden to make a success. This is what I read from Rijks previous posts which is good that he is transparent about it.

niet stemmers is a political party in the Netherlands, has a similar concept of centralized funding through taxation for no work or responsibility. The Dutch voters didn't like the idea but they were transparent about it. Sounds familiar?

Weas89Trf

Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 04:34:41 AM

niet stemmers is a political party in the Netherlands, has a similar concept of centralized funding through taxation for no work or responsibility. The Dutch voters didn't like the idea but they were transparent about it. Sounds familiar?

Niet stemmers had a good idea because politics was in a poor state 4 years ago. Knowing a thing or two about politics in the Netherlands, any political party that stands for elections needs to pay over 11000 euros to participate. The salary for parliamentarians is about 7500 euros and if you don't attend you won't get paid. Its that simple.

I also don't believe Mr Plasman needs the 7500 euros a month to survive when you are well established criminal defense lawyer.
Albert4Gulden

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 07:42:44 AM

Time for another kickstart project! Let's get a BIG truck fully wrapped with Gulden

https://truck.guldenkickstart.com

I will donate for this. Will the truck and the gulden van get a picture taken together?
Protwoco

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:40:09 AM

The reward halving is going to help Gulden maintain a good price in the next bear market. Bitvavo will also help.
BarryDnH

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 07:14:35 AM

The reward halving is going to help Gulden maintain a good price in the next bear market. Bitvavo will also help.

I have a friend who is willing to trade Gulden when it comes to bitvavo, he is trading with more then 100k Euro across a few coins. This is 1 person, bitvavo will open many doors for Gulden. He doesn't want to sign up to bittrex to trade as he wants to keep his trading on 1 platform.
BartoszinNL

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 02:37:54 PM

I have a friend who is willing to trade Gulden when it comes to bitvavo, he is trading with more then 100k Euro across a few coins. This is 1 person, bitvavo will open many doors for Gulden. He doesn't want to sign up to bittrex to trade as he wants to keep his trading on 1 platform.

The funding will work better after the reward change. No BTC or ETH donation options and we must rely on a higher Gulden price that will come with less rewards per block starting in August.
Goodmoves

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 06:12:56 AM

https://twitter.com/BitcoinNL

No confirmation on the reward changes but do a name change for Novo?
= me gone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: