Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:03:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Gaming and It's Future  (Read 59465 times)
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

I think it's cool to incorporate blockchain into video games.  My favorites seem to be similar... I really like PVP and fantasy type RPG like casters/stealths/swords and stuff.  But I also think the gaming market is tough.  Lots of competition and all these small niches where pockets of players exist.  It just means that developers have to be careful if the intent is to remain profitable.  My experience with kitties was that it was too expensive and I didn't really see a reward.  Maybe I just was unlucky or didn't understand a strategy but either way it was just a turn off and I haven't had a second look at blockchain games since then.  I expect that if blockchain games do take off it will be more so that the blockchain isn't the main feature people look at... it will just be in the background.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:35:28 PM

I personally did not try out the games, I do a little different and I do not have time for this! but I will say one thing: I see new game projects appear more and more! every year the capitalization of gaming platforms is constantly growing! Play 2 Life - this is one of the most promising sites associated with games! This token has a very large growth pot! games are the future, especially with such technologies!))

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jimbable

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:49:30 PM

I think it's cool to incorporate blockchain into video games.  My favorites seem to be similar... I really like PVP and fantasy type RPG like casters/stealths/swords and stuff.  But I also think the gaming market is tough.  Lots of competition and all these small niches where pockets of players exist.  It just means that developers have to be careful if the intent is to remain profitable.  My experience with kitties was that it was too expensive and I didn't really see a reward.  Maybe I just was unlucky or didn't understand a strategy but either way it was just a turn off and I haven't had a second look at blockchain games since then.  I expect that if blockchain games do take off it will be more so that the blockchain isn't the main feature people look at... it will just be in the background.

For me, the main click of blockchain-based games, that it could be self-sustaining, if i can say so. Obviously, they will be pay to win (or pay to play in pleasant environment), but the fact, that you actually get the money for playing; money you can spend in said game, make those kinds of games interesting to play and be competitive.
NotoriousHodler

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:13:20 PM

I personally did not try out the games, I do a little different and I do not have time for this! but I will say one thing: I see new game projects appear more and more! every year the capitalization of gaming platforms is constantly growing! Play 2 Life - this is one of the most promising sites associated with games! This token has a very large growth pot! games are the future, especially with such technologies!))
Try out something else, my friend! Play2Life looks interesting, and definitely can take it's place in projects worth mentioning.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 10:53:25 PM

Hey there!
Lately i have been on a lookout for blockchain games, which i think is quite a hot topic now.

There are some where the whole gameplay is looking at the picture of a token you mined, and on the other hand - games with actual gameplay, for what it's worth.
Besides obvious Cryptokitties, i've assembled a list of games that took my attention:

1) CryptoSpaceX - beautiful space-themed project, they released Ep.1 i think, but i haven't looked at it much since July, so i might be wrong.

2) Ethercraft - you could say it's a roguelike-ish kind of game? Nice pixel graphics, live market.

3) CryptoSaga - for those of you, who loved jRPG's, here's a cool one. Animations is decent, have potential.

4) Ether Kingdoms - cute red\blue dorks mine themselves, and then go to battles to die. Very good art, and gameplay is decent too.

5) EtherRock - i wanted to include that one, because the idea is just funny. It reminds me of infamous potato salad kickstarter, in regards of effort, but those rocks are selling still.

6) Angel Battles - PvP oriented game, as far as i figured, very nice art, in my opinion, but the breeding part (regarding Angels) got me surprised a little bit there.

7) CryptoFights - 3D graphics aren't something to write home about, but gameplay seems interesting. PvP is my jam.

So, that's not at all everything that i laid my eyes upon, but those are prime examples i'd say, at least for me. I do, of course, enjoy interaction with another people in MMO games,
so my favorits are a little bit biased: numbers 1, 4, 6, 7. What are your opinions on future of blockchain gaming? If You have some games you've already tried, share your experience.
I'd like to add to list of things something new to look at, maybe even invest, as i strongly believe, that blockchain gaming possibilities are almost limitless.

I think for this year, all blockchain projects (not just gaming) have good potential and a good future, it's just that we have to be really smart to filter them. because sometimes the ones that look good are destroyed in the middle of the roadmap, and what we underestimate becomes stable

fumblingperch

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:21:42 PM

At this time, quite a lot of projects that conduct ICO and they are all related to the theme of the blockchain for games. I think that this trend is now very popular and most likely it will really be helpful.

george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:25:48 PM

It is difficult to say something about this, because it seems to me that everything will now be integrated with the blockchain, because this technology will have to be very actively used in the world community.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:28:03 PM

For me, the future will definitely be for this segment, where people will not only be able to play, but also to earn money for it, not for nothing there are companies that are now actively involved in this segment,and invest a lot of money in this direction

You are absolutely right, there will be a day for cryptocurrency in the World. As most of them are desperately looking for second investment these days, well this is the best one in my opinion.
nastyagav

Activity: 392
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:30:30 PM

For me, the future will definitely be for this segment, where people will not only be able to play, but also to earn money for it, not for nothing there are companies that are now actively involved in this segment,and invest a lot of money in this direction

You are absolutely right, there will be a day for cryptocurrency in the World. As most of them are desperately looking for second investment these days, well this is the best one in my opinion.

You can already earn money playing this game, what`re you waiting for?
This is already reality, friends.
nolestiket

Activity: 308

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 07:42:45 PM

It is too early to make predictions about the future of blockchain games.This industry is only in the nascent stage.A lot of projects are now related to games ,but which of them will be really good-no one can now answer this question

Jimbable

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:00:37 PM

It is too early to make predictions about the future of blockchain games.This industry is only in the nascent stage.A lot of projects are now related to games ,but which of them will be really good-no one can now answer this question

I think this industry will naturally grow, provided there is enough passionate people, to nurture it. I already have seen some promising projects, and such trend gives me hope it won't stop growing further.
NotoriousHodler

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:25:59 PM

Yeah, right, i actually have some profits from some games. Now i'm waiting until they will have actual interesting gameplay.
tomsoier

Activity: 784
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:42:52 PM

It is difficult to say something about this, because it seems to me that everything will now be integrated with the blockchain, because this technology will have to be very actively used in the world community.
First of all, the blockchain in computer games is necessary for honest gameplay, in which the administration will not be able to interfere in the gameplay. Therefore, the characters from the games on the blockchain are and will cost more than in conventional games.
oneblagobl

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:10:58 PM

Yeah, right, i actually have some profits from some games. Now i'm waiting until they will have actual interesting gameplay.

Do you think that at the moment the gameplay is boring?
But when they add a clan system, raiding other people's mines - that will be cool.
Agutin

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:35:39 PM

the gaming industry is developing very strongly and by combining two strong directions, an even cooler product is obtained.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:39:13 PM

It seems to me that accounting in games is necessary, but then many code and cheats will stop working, because you just can’t hack what you could have done before, so I generally think that it will be beneficial for developers.
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:55:26 PM

It seems to me that accounting in games is necessary, but then many code and cheats will stop working, because you just can’t hack what you could have done before, so I generally think that it will be beneficial for developers.
Of course, if Cheaters and Bugs go into games with the help of a block chain, I will always support such an activity. Although so far I have not been very good at gambling.
valetrm

Activity: 238

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:04:55 PM

He took part in the sale of tokens of a major Chinese project on blockchain games. Bitguild. And the face of the project was Justin Sun himself. And the project has not yet been flooded, although I gave the Ether in January.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Jimbable

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:10:25 PM

Exactly! Preventing cheating is one big benefit of blockchain system, in my opinion.
NotoriousHodler

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:26:57 PM

Do you think that at the moment the gameplay is boring?
But when they add a clan system, raiding other people's mines - that will be cool.

I look at prospects of raiding other people with a hint of suspicion, if i am being honest. It's real money that will be raided off, so many players might not like that opportunity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: