Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:38:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop comparing ETH with BTC!!!!!!!!  (Read 24123 times)
karthcrypt

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:07:39 PM

I agree with the Op,  there is no need comparing bitcoin with ethereum as both cryptocurrency have distinct use and cases.  They also have different protocol and different catchment area!

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:27:07 PM

There is nothing wrong with comparing cryptocurrencies, their advantages and benefits vs. each other. Holders have different coins and it is normal that their are favoring their
preferred ones.
lehnelora

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:32:27 PM

This comparison between Ethereum and Bitcoin is because so far Ethereum's growth follows the growth of the Bitcoin movement. So this is a natural thing if comparisons emerge, even many people expect Ethereum to get past Bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:39:30 PM

There is nothing wrong with comparing cryptocurrencies, their advantages and benefits vs. each other. Holders have different coins and it is normal that their are favoring their
preferred ones.
It's normal but sometimes these comparisons are too much.

To the point that they think that ETH is likely to replace bitcoin and this argument is always included. You're correct that each holder does have its own 'best' coin so sometimes we are exaggerating our beliefs with these coins.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Goldleader

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:40:27 PM

No point comparing . The price fluctuate too much in the market on daily basis
repear7

Activity: 1026
Merit: 110

Need Bounty manager ? Contact @repear71

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:42:53 PM

Since I joined the cryptocurrency world and even this forum I have seen something that people always do that I think its not the right way. People always compaire ETH with BTC telling us that ETH is the best cryptocurrency. I really doubt that because looking at these two coins, although they are all blockchain based currencies but to me BTC is doing far better than ETH. BTC was created before ETH but look at the performances and judge it yourself. I really do not want to talk much about this issue. Guys what do think about what I am arguing about?

Indeed ethereum is always compared to bitcoin. But the purpose behind the comparison is actually more to predict the future between ethereum and bitcoin. I always see from the positive side of the comparison that the comparison reveals the facts between the two coins, which increasingly shows the difference in technology. From this comparison, it should make each coin more motivated to create innovation. By looking at the advantages of other coins, making these coins increasingly want to show their strengths and sophistication. This of course also became a lighter so that the trust and popularity of the community towards the coin is getting higher. Ethereum and bitcoin are the most frequently compared because indeed these two have the potential to become kings of crypto currencies. This comparison in particular makes a warning for bitcoin to be more vigilant in maintaining its position as king of crypto currencies. That is a bit of my idea.
Gatsby club

Activity: 406

keyTango

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:57:39 PM

People always need to compare something with something, and it doesn’t matter that they are completely different platforms with completely different complexes of functions and capabilities, just as people compare people of different professions or different food products, they will always do it because they always want to discuss about something.

Mesquito

Activity: 322

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 12:40:05 AM

Since I joined the cryptocurrency world and even this forum I have seen something that people always do that I think its not the right way. People always compaire ETH with BTC telling us that ETH is the best cryptocurrency. I really doubt that because looking at these two coins, although they are all blockchain based currencies but to me BTC is doing far better than ETH. BTC was created before ETH but look at the performances and judge it yourself. I really do not want to talk much about this issue. Guys what do think about what I am arguing about?

I need to be concise, even looking like a Ethereum fan by saying that.
The cryptocurrencies universe, on the look of newcomers, needs a front coin to represent and present it; thats Bitcoin, that is synonymous of cryptocurrencies (like newbies calls mobile OSes as Android instead of OS - like "their Android is different", Ethereum and other alts are called "this is a different Bitcoin"), and Bitcoin is the very first cryptocurrency, that began this concept and also blockchain.
But the problem is: Bitcoin is not updated like Ethereum is. Scalability is the biggest problem of cryptocurrencies, and even Ethereum is suffering from this.
Lots of newbie users joined the crypto universe in 2017, and were feared with the low speed and high fees for simple transactions: showing Bitcoin as not usable. The probability of return of those users is very, very low. When invited again, they will say: "Bitcoin? That slow and expensive thing, no, thanks, my credit card is also virtual and fast, I can do Internet banking, so why use Bitcoin?". You reply: "But it is not Bitcoin, it is another coin". Then, the newbie replies: "I don't want to hear about those bitcoins".
Like Internet Explorer couldn't anymore say "I'm now different, switch from Chrome", Microsoft needed to re-create Internet Explorer with a new brand: Microsoft Edge. But Edge, like Bitcoin, has been disclosed so early, then users thought: "lots of abusive advertisements for that bad product? I'll never use it again". Then, Microsoft needed to get rid of Edge, also.
Thats the thing about Bitcoin and Ethereum: when they had their "BOOM", they weren't ready, which generated a bad image about it.
But there's a difference between BTC and ETH: Bitcoin is practically the same, while Ethereum is receiving updates.
If the majority of Bitcoin nodes could accept scalability updates (segwit, lightening network, smart contracts), it could be the front of cryptocurrencies.
Ethereum haves strong competitors: Cardano, EOS, etc.
Bitcoin is not a coin to have competitors, its old, and just the icon of cryptocurrencies; that doesn't mean, like Twitter's CEO wrongly said that Bitcoin should be the universal digital currency. Like Netscape is not the universal web browser, and not even its fork Firefox.
Bitcoin received lots of good proposals, but they were rejected, and majority of nodes didn't updated the client with those updates. But Ethereum is being updated and reacting to the scalability issues. If no other competitor reaches the power that Ethereum 2.0 can have, as the synonymous of smart contract platform, Ethereum alongside with privacy coins will be the face of cryptocurrencies, while Bitcoin will be just a old "Netscape" of the cryptocurrencies.
Currently, Bitcoin is the base price of all other coins: when Bitcoin is low or high value, the other coins follows it. Thats why I hold it yet, so currently its worth to have Bitcoin.
If you want to buy Bitcoin, Ethereum and other smart-contract platform coins, they can be aquired as bundles on CoinBundle platform. I think that most of coins haves their own value, as Bitcoin couldn't be the only scalable smart-contract platform, and Ethereum is not a privacy coin like ZCash, Bitcoin haves the value of being the first coin and of be the base price of other coins. But if cryptocurrency universe wants to look good for newbies, Bitcoin can't be its face, but a nostalgic piece of it. About CoinBundle, they haves the top 20 coins to be invested in a bundle (instead of choosing coins, you choose a done portfolio to buy), but if you want less, there are also other bundles: conservative (bitcoin, ethereum..), emerging (for the techies and investors that did good research about the coins it includes), aggressive (risky, for experienced traders), halal (the world's first to comply with Islamic Finance), Coinbasic (inspired from Coinbase Bundle, that has been inspired on CoinBundle) and top 20, containing the 20 leading coins with highest market cap. Test the platform, and tell what do you think. If you liked my post, please reply with your thoughts about Bitcoin vs. Ethereum
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:11:37 AM

people are still comparing ETH with BTC in case of their prices. they don't understand that these assets have different purposes and the price is not the main thing.
as long as in the scope of cryptocurrency. there are many things that can be compared dude. so don't be too offended about this. Yeah. although both have different goals. some things can be compared. and of course the answer will be different because both have advantages over each other
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:38:16 AM

people are still comparing ETH with BTC in case of their prices. they don't understand that these assets have different purposes and the price is not the main thing.
as long as in the scope of cryptocurrency. there are many things that can be compared dude. so don't be too offended about this. Yeah. although both have different goals. some things can be compared. and of course the answer will be different because both have advantages over each other

Not only on cryptocurrency but even if on other things like for example in gadgets . people always love to make a comparison review over the other brand but that does not mean that their opinion is right and we should easily believe on them .

in the case of cryptos ,  no . cryptos are not different to each other imo because all cryptos were built to have a same advocacy and that it to serve the nation with one of a kind service specifically in payment method/currency .
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 03:16:26 AM

Indeed ethereum is always compared to bitcoin. But the purpose behind the comparison is actually more to predict the future between ethereum and bitcoin. I always see from the positive side of the comparison that the comparison reveals the facts between the two coins, which increasingly shows the difference in technology. From this comparison, it should make each coin more motivated to create innovation. By looking at the advantages of other coins, making these coins increasingly want to show their strengths and sophistication. This of course also became a lighter so that the trust and popularity of the community towards the coin is getting higher. Ethereum and bitcoin are the most frequently compared because indeed these two have the potential to become kings of crypto currencies. This comparison in particular makes a warning for bitcoin to be more vigilant in maintaining its position as king of crypto currencies. That is a bit of my idea.
Yes, ETH and BTC are the most frequently comparison coin but I dont see any reason why the two coins have to show there strengths or sophistication because they are both used for different purpose and until now I dont see any reason why bitcoin will loose it position as crypto currencies king not even when the government tried to stop it.

elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:30:58 AM

Bitcoin and Ethereum is having too much difference. They cannot be compared as the bitcoin is the worlds most popular cryptocurrency, and Ethereum is an altcoin to bitcoin, just through that you can figure out what is better.

martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:39:00 AM

I think this is a very good debate because it can affect people who hear or read. What I mean is as a listener or their readers know that Ethereum is compared to Bitcoin. So that people who receive this news will be interested in investing in Ethereum and Bitcoin.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:50:49 AM

I think this is a very good debate because it can affect people who hear or read. What I mean is as a listener or their readers know that Ethereum is compared to Bitcoin. So that people who receive this news will be interested in investing in Ethereum and Bitcoin.
Experts are not really comparing bitcoin to ETH because they knew bitcoin is more powerful and has a lot of supporters.
Bitcoin in reality can bring the entire altcoins down but altcoins cannot make that easily to bitcoin.
Why I say that? Because in the past, when bitcoin moves up, it could affect altcoins going down, that's why bitcoin has gain some dominance.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Lolox

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:55:09 AM

Comparing ETH with BTC is not something that is worth debating. Look for and save as many coins as possible, while waiting for the crypto condition to recover. It would be great if you could get an investment in BTC and ETH. That will be very beneficial for you, both in the short and long term.

P A R A M O U N T ▬▬  DAX  ▬▬                    Digital E X C H A N G E
██ [   We have a license   ◾ F V R 0 0 0 3 6 3   ◾ F R K 0 0 0 3 0 4   ] ██
WHITEPAPER   ◥ bitcointalk   ◥ twitter   ◥ facebook      | ► JOIN NOW
retnocintaku

Activity: 588

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:05:09 AM

Yes, of course it would be better not to compare one coin with another, because each coin has its own privileges, especially with market conditions such as at present all coin prices fall and we cannot do anything except just wait for the market to rise back

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
DavenporK

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:08:43 AM

You are right, there is no need to argue again that bitcoin will remain a leader in the future. no one can compete or defeat it, bitcoin always shows its value and will always be number one in the entire crypto market.
wpc143

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:58:03 AM

People on this forum have different thoughts and ideas between this two coins. And I will agree that it is not good to campared this two to each other because they have a different purpose and goals for the people. Even if they are generally crypto coins it does not mean that they are the same.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:03:23 AM

It is fact that ETH can't be comparable with BTC because both are different features. While BTC is completely decentralized, ETH can be tracked as the developer of the ETH blockchain is a known person. But, BTC developer is still now unknown.
Downloaded

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:26:39 AM

Correctly speak. These are completely different assets with different fields of application. You try to compare them and by doing so you only raise doubts in the minds of the new arrivals. They clearly need to know the differences.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: