Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:40:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297650 times)
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:11:50 PM

We're getting DDoS'd.. I changed port on stratum to 3334 for temporary measures. Mining should be working now!

You are the KING  Grin
I know why i'm mining on your pool since day 1  Grin
Hey, thanks man. You're one of my VIP's and I definitely appreciate you, and everyone who uses my service. I'll do everything I can to keep it running smoothly.

God I was pissed when I got home and saw 0 miners and chaos.

There's gotta be a way to scrub stratum traffic, something like cloudflare, but I don't think that cloudflare works with stratum TCP traffic.

I believe its very stressfull... THX for your work  Smiley I just send you 2 small packages of Octocoins to your adress, keep it or sell it, but you deserve it  Smiley

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it!

I'm going to put a bit of that towards the giveaway. Already found a winner last night but haven't sent it to him yet. I'll pad the reward a bit!

Stonerboy

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

ALL IN!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:16:22 PM

We're getting DDoS'd.. I changed port on stratum to 3334 for temporary measures. Mining should be working now!

You are the KING  Grin
I know why i'm mining on your pool since day 1  Grin
Hey, thanks man. You're one of my VIP's and I definitely appreciate you, and everyone who uses my service. I'll do everything I can to keep it running smoothly.

God I was pissed when I got home and saw 0 miners and chaos.

There's gotta be a way to scrub stratum traffic, something like cloudflare, but I don't think that cloudflare works with stratum TCP traffic.

I believe its very stressfull... THX for your work  Smiley I just send you 2 small packages of Octocoins to your adress, keep it or sell it, but you deserve it  Smiley

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it!

I'm going to put a bit of that towards the giveaway. Already found a winner last night but haven't sent it to him yet. I'll pad the reward a bit!

jeah, good idea!  Smiley
edric

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:49:04 PM

Ok things are back to normal-ish. It's a shame about having to change ports, I bet there's people asleep with their miners just bouncing off port 3333!

For the time being please use 888.fedaykin.us:3334 for mining! Thanks!

Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:50:37 PM

Man something is really strange with this coin, look at the net hashrate.
First this DDos Shit and now a hashrate we havn't seen for days...
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:06:11 PM

Everything seems to be running smooth now as I believe all attacks have faded out. Unfortunately, I have been out of pocket all day and just received a voice mail from one of our guys to let me know that several OctoCoin pools were being attacked. I'm on my way to the office right now to see what we can do on our end but I believe things are under control at this point. It appears the primary issue was the nodes getting hit with an attack. We have small miners at most of the pools and the only pool that never dropped out was sfo.fusionhash.com:3338 - our miner at edric's pool and our miner pointed at sfo8.fusionhash.com:3338 (the primary FusionHash stratum server) both lost connection. We also run a private pool in our office and even that was throwing errors and dropping most shares.

Things seem to have calmed down but we will keep an eye on it. We have some fresh nodes on standby that we will post if another attack hits. Very strange timing - like edric said, it was probably just some kids screwing around. I did receive an email from FusionHash confirming that no coins were lost in the attack(s) and their database server was not affected. I want to thank edric for all of his effort - this guy continues to go the extra mile. Obviously FusionHash has been great as well but I have asked FusionHash to post status updates here from now on instead of just emailing us to help keep everybody informed. If edric hadn't been around, many people here would have been in the dark on the entire situation. Also, this is another great example of why you should always have a number of backup pools in place on your miners (personally, I usually round my backup list out with solo-mining.)

We have had a general OctoCoin news update planned for tomorrow and everything remains on schedule.
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

Everything seems to be running smooth now as I believe all attacks have faded out. Unfortunately, I have been out of pocket all day and just received a voice mail from one of our guys to let me know that several OctoCoin pools were being attacked. I'm on my way to the office right now to see what we can do on our end but I believe things are under control at this point. It appears the primary issue was the nodes getting hit with an attack. We have small miners at most of the pools and the only pool that never dropped out was sfo.fusionhash.com:3338 - our miner at edric's pool and our miner pointed at sfo8.fusionhash.com:3338 (the primary FusionHash stratum server) both lost connection. We also run a private pool in our office and even that was throwing errors and dropping most shares.

Things seem to have calmed down but we will keep an eye on it. We have some fresh nodes on standby that we will post if another attack hits. Very strange timing - like edric said, it was probably just some kids screwing around. I did receive an email from FusionHash confirming that no coins were lost in the attack(s) and their database server was not affected. I want to thank edric for all of his effort - this guy continues to go the extra mile. Obviously FusionHash has been great as well but I have asked FusionHash to post status updates here from now on instead of just emailing us to help keep everybody informed. If edric hadn't been around, many people here would have been in the dark on the entire situation. Also, this is another great example of why you should always have a number of backup pools in place on your miners (personally, I usually round my backup list out with solo-mining.)

We have had a general OctoCoin news update planned for tomorrow and everything remains on schedule.

sweet thanks for the update! glad everything has chilled some.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:22:44 PM

Man something is really strange with this coin, look at the net hashrate.
First this DDos Shit and now a hashrate we havn't seen for days...

I believe the net hash rate is partially due to a ton of completed shares hitting rapidly after the brief outage (some valid and surely some stale) - it will likely level out. That being said, mining profitability is so low on most of the other scrypt coins right now that a lot of the mine-to-dump people and multipools are now starting to hit OctoCoin as it offers the best ROI (depending on difficulty, of course). Obviously this isn't great for the current value, but these miners/multipools should drop off as the difficulty rises and everything levels out - like any coin, it's just part of the equation. We're still in the early stages of OctoCoin and we're in a bear market - if you can afford to mine, buy, and hold there will likely never be a better time to do so. Getting listed at CoinMarketCap was likely a factor in this increased exposure.
ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:25:27 PM

Just a small reminder that the P2Pool is still up, and running (only has ~1.3 MH/s right now). Feel free to jump on.

(see the P2Pool node scanner in the OP)

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 10:28:31 PM

I knew it!!!!!!
Bravooooo

Good joob

The faith died last!!!

Viva 888

edric

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:39:51 PM

Thanks for the update, good sir!

I am debating switching back to port 3333, but not sure if the attack is still ongoing, and I don't want to find out the hard way. I'm just a little upset for those that haven't reconnected yet, they may be afk or at work or otherwise unable to see that we've changed the port and I can imagine their unattended miners trying in vain to connect.. Really irks me.

SlientBit

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:43:19 PM

I am debating switching back to port 3333, but not sure if the attack is still ongoing, and I don't want to find out the hard way. I'm just a little upset for those that haven't reconnected yet, they may be afk or at work or otherwise unable to see that we've changed the port and I can imagine their unattended miners trying in vain to connect.. Really irks me.

Can't you make a PAT rule in the firewall and redirect to 3334 (I'm assuming the protocols can work with NAT/PAT, don't know)?
That way, it it brings problems, you just have to shit the rule down, not reset everything ...

P.S - check PM, please Wink

edric

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:54:51 PM

Can't you make a PAT rule in the firewall and redirect to 3334 (I'm assuming the protocols can work with NAT/PAT, don't know)?
That way, it it brings problems, you just have to shit the rule down, not reset everything ...

P.S - check PM, please Wink
haven't dug that far down, but I'll look into it. Thanks Smiley

moonpool

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:58:42 PM

edric

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:50:42 AM

I've messed with some stuff in my iptables, now port 3333 will redirect to 3334 and in case of further attacks on 3333 I can just comment it out, restart service, and bam.

Edit: and yay, people are reconnecting. I knew it, lots of unattended miners trying to connect.

hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

@edric, kickin' it up a notch!

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
SlientBit

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:57:59 AM

I've messed with some stuff in my iptables, now port 3333 will redirect to 3334 and in case of further attacks on 3333 I can just comment it out, restart service, and bam.

Edit: and yay, people are reconnecting. I knew it, lots of unattended miners trying to connect.

see, I knew you would get it Wink let's Octo the shit out of this, f*** the DDoSers

Edit: please update the message on the pool's board, let everybody know they can use both ports for now Smiley

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:29:30 AM

Great Work!

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:54:55 AM

https://prelude.io/trade/usd/888

prelude got an 888/USD pairing....

hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:50:19 AM

^^^
great price!

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
edric

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:44:45 AM

see, I knew you would get it Wink let's Octo the shit out of this, f*** the DDoSers

Edit: please update the message on the pool's board, let everybody know they can use both ports for now Smiley

Haha, I wish I knew a way to fight back. These DDoS'ing idiots, I don't know if they do it just for the hell of it, or if they're profiting in some fashion. I wouldn't go as far as making accusations, but who knows, could be a scheme by a somewhat morally challenged pool op to bring in more traffic!

Who wants to sign up for my botnet, and kick back? j/k

I'm still learning some of the ins and outs of running pools, and unfortunately DDoS type situations can be by far the most confusing and frustrating. For a little while there I had no idea what was going on. And to think I nearly turned off logging for my stratum server!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: