Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 273 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【BOT】 🌟 C.A.T. Cryptocurrency Automatic Trader 🌟 (New Price List 04/2021)  (Read 531007 times)
jack.harris

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 11:21:45 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 11:44:03 AM by jack.harris

Sampey, could you please add an option so that pings can be 0.5% (or whatever the value is) lower than the current market value?

So something like

Mode->Price Limit-> Never *PING *OVER *TopOfCurrentOrderBook Price *MINUS *0.5%

It also would be nice to have

Mode->Price Limit-> Never *PING *OVER Your last *PONG.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jack.harris

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 11:23:20 AM

Sampey, how can I know how much BTC I have for manual PING creations? How can I know whether the BTC amount on my exchange account is free or being used by existing pingpong routines?
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:14:06 PM

So why does C.A.T. try to place a BUY order for 0.1 EUR having only 0.00000X USD?

Probably you have the option ALWAYS ADEQUATE QTY TO MIN QTY (If Needed).

You can see the % GAIN in the pic I posted. It's > 0.5%. So why does the total gain go down? EDIT: I found the reason. I didn't sort by TimeStamp.

In the image you show me there are also gain at 0.444 that it's not > 0.5%
If you want you can send me your GAIN Log and i will check for you.

It also would be nice to have

Mode->Price Limit-> Never *PING *OVER Your last *PONG.

Actually i think you are able to create any rule with the Limit Editor.

Sampey, how can I know how much BTC I have for manual PING creations? How can I know whether the BTC amount on my exchange account is free or being used by existing pingpong routines?

CAT show the Available amount. But you can't be sure that it's the real available amount.
For example, during a recalculation routine :

- Recalculation start
- Order Is Deleted
- Coins return available.
- You check for available and you find available the order delete amount <- (EXTERNAL ACTION)
- Order is recreated
- You check for available once again -> Then you have less amount.
jack.harris

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:49:41 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 10:13:10 PM by jack.harris

Actually i think you are able to create any rule with the Limit Editor.

So how can I make the rule

CAT show the Available amount. But you can't be sure that it's the real available amount.

Could you please add an overview where we can see what C.A.T. thinks is in the portfolio?

So when I start with USD/BTC -> Ping SELL 100 USD, then C.A.T. would have 100 USD and 0 BTC in its pingpong portfolio, and after several pingpong trades we could look the stats and it would show 101 USD and 0.0001 BTC or so. That way we could verify whether C.A.T. works properly.

Probably you have the option ALWAYS ADEQUATE QTY TO MIN QTY (If Needed).

Yes, C.A.T. tries to place orders of 0.0000 quantity and then rounds them up to 0.1. Doesn't seem a good practice.
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:15:10 AM

Ping/Pong limit are create against your last price, not market prices.
Your rules has not reason to exists :

This will result in an order impossible to complete : your order will never be on top, so your pong will never be executed.
Your target it to stay in front of the top orders book, not constantly back (inside the order book)
with this rule you will be constantly back.

Could you please add an overview where we can see what C.A.T. thinks is in the portfolio?

Data are returned from the API "MyBalance" that is needed in any exchange to let C.A.T. run.
I don't calculate anything. I only put the values Available/Held (if returned) in my internal structure.

Yes, C.A.T. tries to place orders of 0.0000 quantity and then rounds them up to 0.1. Doesn't seem a good practice.

Well it's not 0.0000 it's 0.0000XXXX (because Pool is not empty), but exchanges you're trading on doesn't wants more than 4 decimal places, so inside the log is printed 0.0000.
some people wants to adeguate the order to the minimal qty.
You have an option, so you can choose what to do.
If you think it's not a good practice, disable the Always adequate option.
jack.harris

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:15:49 PM

This will result in an order impossible to complete : your order will never be on top, so your pong will never be executed.

That's not true. If I set LookUp to 30 minutes or so, it can very well be that it gets executed.

I don't calculate anything. I only put the values Available/Held (if returned) in my internal structure.

Wait, so it's not possible to be on two BTC markets (e.g. EUR/BTC, LTC/BTC) or (BTC->USD and USD->BTC) at the same time because one algo will compete with the other for available BTC?
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:01:27 PM

That's not true. If I set LookUp to 30 minutes or so, it can very well be that it gets executed.

No, every lookup C.A.T. will re-calculate all the values, so your "*TopOfCurrentOrderBook Price *MINUS *0.5%" will be updated with current values.

Wait, so it's not possible to be on two BTC markets (e.g. EUR/BTC, LTC/BTC) or (BTC->USD and USD->BTC) at the same time because one algo will compete with the other for available BTC?

If you use 100% Of your balance yes. But i think that any person who use CAT decide to use a percentage (for example 0.1 BTC) on 1 Market and then another quantity on another market.
There are person who trade on over 100 market without problems.
C.A.T. use only the Amount you set in your PING Orders : if your total ping amount is 0.1 BTC, CAT won't use more than this. Only the rounding routines could use a little more of your portfolio to adequate the order calculation. But you can disable this option.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:27:27 AM

Another feature that would be nice on the generator page is the ability to generate multiple orders at once. for example to place 50 orders at a time from 0.00001000 to 0.00002000 with x amount of bitcoin/altcoin
otp

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:17:44 AM

Another feature that would be nice on the generator page is the ability to generate multiple orders at once. for example to place 50 orders at a time from 0.00001000 to 0.00002000 with x amount of bitcoin/altcoin

Amen!  Yes, this would be great feature!  You must be referring to having multiple market tabs open, right?  Would be a great feature!

-otp
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:44:03 AM

Amen!  Yes, this would be great feature!  You must be referring to having multiple market tabs open, right?  Would be a great feature!

-otp

Yes I do have multiple market tabs open, but sometime i create orders manually using C.A.T and it becomes a bit of a hassle when your trying to set 50 buy/sell orders at a time Tongue
Nomadz

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:57:19 AM

Would it also be possible for C.A.T to show how many coins from your Balance of a current open market that is not already reserved for the Pool orders and then suggest a new/multiple orders that will use some/all of your available coins without having to do the math yourself to ensure the pool remains intact?
Nomadz

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:53:23 AM

Quick newbie questions
When analyzing the open market to find suitable trading pairs:

1. Should we be looking at market trends and starting our 1st order in the same direction ? e.g. open a buy for long and sell for short?
If this is the case how do you go about placing your 1st order if you dont have enough coins to buy but have enough funds to open a sell order?
Assuming BTC/USD, would you manually sell your USD for BTC and then place a buy order or would you initially place a Sell order then C.A.T would reverse the pool trades so that follow the market up?

2. Or are we just looking at trading pairs that have the widest difference between best buy/sell price with enough volume to ensure quick trades that will achieve the guaranteed % rate and we dont care about longer term market trends ? noting i understand technical analysis and normally we would trade int he direction of the market?

3. when looking at potential trading pairs should we be looking for a narrow spread or wide spread % to trade ?
Is the spread we refer to the difference between current buy/sell prices or the coins current high/low for the last 24 hours?

4. Should we only have 1 trade going at a time on a single trading pair in the direction or the market (assume using 100% of available funds) or should we be placing 2 orders, 1 buy and 1 sell at 50% available funds so that C.A.T can work different sides of the market within its trading band?

5. Does C.A.T track the market direction based on latest suggested price movements and will change pool direction to achieve its guaranteed % return?
after all i dont care what the market is doing or which way i trade as long as its making a return?

6. How do we determine the best place to set a stop loss order ?
Is this still based on our max acceptable loss for that trading pair? how do we take the trading pool into consideration when determining its placement?
Within C.A.T are we only using them to sell/buy to exit a trading pair when they drop below key resistance/support lines and then just let C.A.T trade in either direction until the stop losses are triggered?

I think these questions are aimed at how best to use C.A.T as a tool to support our trading and not so much can C.A.T do this or how it is configured.
(though a view scenarios for different market conditions and how to setup C.A.T for that market would be great to get the most out of our investment)

Regards Nomadz (Steve)

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:44:14 PM

You mean generate multiple ping at the same time?
But then during recalculation routine CAT will recalculate all of these orders in the best market position.
This could probably works in an algorithm that is not a Ping-Pong.
Or maybe i haven't understand how this function must works....
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 02:01:01 PM

Would it also be possible for C.A.T to show how many coins from your Balance of a current open market that is not already reserved for the Pool orders and then suggest a new/multiple orders that will use some/all of your available coins without having to do the math yourself to ensure the pool remains intact?

This is a feature i could evaluate.

1. Should we be looking at market trends and starting our 1st order in the same direction ? e.g. open a buy for long and sell for short?
If this is the case how do you go about placing your 1st order if you dont have enough coins to buy but have enough funds to open a sell order?
Assuming BTC/USD, would you manually sell your USD for BTC and then place a buy order or would you initially place a Sell order then C.A.T would reverse the pool trades so that follow the market up?

you can open a position in the same direction if you think market trend will continue in that direction.
But if you don't have enought coins you must probably manually sell (directly on the exchange) some coin and then open your position.

Otherwise you could start with a sell, but if the ping is a sell, CAT will complete the ping-pong only after market returns to a lower value and then you could have your gain.
Ex :
Ping Sell 1080 -> Pong Buy 1050
or
Ping Buy 1080 -> Pong Sell 1110

2. Or are we just looking at trading pairs that have the widest difference between best buy/sell price with enough volume to ensure quick trades that will achieve the guaranteed % rate and we dont care about longer term market trends ? noting i understand technical analysis and normally we would trade int he direction of the market?

Widest difference between best market prices means higher spread.
This is another point you can consider : higher spread mean higher change to complete ping-pong, BUT if spread is 5% And you wants a gain of 15% Probably the fact that spread is 5% or 0.1% won't change a lot, because to have 15% Gain you will need to wait a market movements and not only work "inside" the current spread.

3. when looking at potential trading pairs should we be looking for a narrow spread or wide spread % to trade ?
Is the spread we refer to the difference between current buy/sell prices or the coins current high/low for the last 24 hours?

Spread is the % difference between current values.
Current high/low in 24 hours could be an indicator, but is not always an important info : a market could stop moving after a lot of high/low.
But if you find a market where (usually) high/low values are constant, and the % difference is good, you can try to buy/sell or sell/buy inside that high/low range, using price limit and try to buy always under the median value (median = high+low/2) and sell alwayhs over the median value.

4. Should we only have 1 trade going at a time on a single trading pair in the direction or the market (assume using 100% of available funds) or should we be placing 2 orders, 1 buy and 1 sell at 50% available funds so that C.A.T can work different sides of the market within its trading band?

Your choise : you can open a market 5 times and create 5 algoritms (2 dynamic, 3 statics) and you can place 1 ping sell and 1 ping buy, or 2 ping sell (in different moments) and 5 ping buys (in different moments).
C.A.T. let's you choose, there's no unique best practise.

5. Does C.A.T track the market direction based on latest suggested price movements and will change pool direction to achieve its guaranteed % return?
after all i dont care what the market is doing or which way i trade as long as its making a return?

No, direction pool is related to the PONG type.

If you have a ping-pong of type Buy -> Sell then the BUY Pool will be updated after a PONG Completed
Ping Buy -> Trade -> Pong Sell -> Trade (Ping-Pong completed) -> Total (QtyxPrice) into Buy Pool -> New Ping Buy and so on.....

6. How do we determine the best place to set a stop loss order ?
Is this still based on our max acceptable loss for that trading pair? how do we take the trading pool into consideration when determining its placement?
Within C.A.T are we only using them to sell/buy to exit a trading pair when they drop below key resistance/support lines and then just let C.A.T trade in either direction until the stop losses are triggered?

This is also your choise : if you know that a market never goes under a X Value, you could probably choose X as stop loss value.
Otherwise you could set a very high value or just accept the loss without set any stop loss.
On C.A.T. side, set a Stop loss only means to let the PONG be executed, then gains (negative) Are calculated and ping-pong continue with current market prices.

sanitariu

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:38:51 PM

Selling my license ! PM me to talk about it !
Great support from developer, the bot works really good.
jack.harris

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:05:00 PM

No, every lookup C.A.T. will re-calculate all the values

1. So what is "Exec an Order recalculation Routine every X lookup" for then?
2. Then please add an option to make it possible. Just like other autotraders make it possible by making ping stairs as I mentioned in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.msg16913884#msg16913884

There are person who trade on over 100 market without problems.

So far C.A.T. has failed in every instance for me, Sampey. Whether I use it on 1 market or many. After a while the log always shows "Error From Btc-e : It is not enough XXX for purchase" because C.A.T. has no idea how much money is available. So far C.A.T. always stalls after a while with some "money not available" error, even on exchanges without competing algos.

If you disagree, then give me the options that will work for sure, I will set them and we will see. And please show me the settings to reuse acquired gains for new pingpongs.
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:36:55 PM

1. So what is "Exec an Order recalculation Routine every X lookup" for then?
2. Then please add an option to make it possible. Just like other autotraders make it possible by making ping stairs as I mentioned in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.msg16913884#msg16913884

1 - Yes, recalculation is every X Lookup (if you set 9999 your orders will never be recalculated). But when i give support i consider the default recalculation values/lookup.
It means that you can create all the orders you wants in any market position BUT in some minutes the recalculation routine will comes in play.

2 - Yes i can add it, but i need to think about the way other options will works. If i don't think about that results could be bad.
I understand the user's point of view, but sometimes suggestions doesn't takes care of all the consequences. BUT i need to think about that  Wink
Not all the users suggestions could be added and for some of them i need a lot of time.

So far C.A.T. has failed in every instance for me, Sampey. Whether I use it on 1 market or many. After a while the log always shows "Error From Btc-e : It is not enough XXX for purchase" because C.A.T. has no idea how much money is available. So far C.A.T. always stalls after a while with some "money not available" error, even on exchanges without competing algos.

If you disagree, then give me the options that will work for sure, I will set them and we will see. And please show me the settings to reuse acquired gains for new pingpongs.

As i said before, C.A.T. directly ask to the exchange the available amount.
But if you trade with 100% of your available amount and you set active options like "Always adequate quantity" you have a big risk to have a frozen order.
It is a configuration problem : if you use 50% of your balance you can let adequate options active, if you use 100% you must not.
And i strongly suggest to don't use 100% if your balance.

The settings to reuse the gains are by default 100% of the Pong (minus fees).
If you want to change that values you can change the REUSE options.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:18:58 PM

But then during recalculation routine CAT will recalculate all of these orders in the best market position.

It would recalculate but you could set them to static orders Wink that is what i've been doing myself. that way the orders don't get recalculated at all.
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:20:47 PM

It would recalculate but you could set them to static orders Wink that is what i've been doing myself. that way the orders don't get recalculated at all.

Yes of course, this could work only this way.
This function is in my TODO LIST, but you must be patient, i have a LOT of request and i'm only 1 person  Undecided
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:23:05 PM

Yes of course, this could work only this way.
This function is in my TODO LIST, but you must be patient, i have a LOT of request and i'm only 1 person  Undecided

Of course thats no problem at all ! perhaps you should create a list of proposal's and maybe vote in a new feature for each version? that would make it easier for us to see what has been requested before, and let you see what the community wants most Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 273 »
  Print  

Jump to: