Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:31:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:09:13 AM

It is not wrong to use them both offcourse because there are always people who has both. But if you want to pay stuff in store you only can use gold becasue bitcoin is to new. So what is best i think gold.

Nope the best one is Bitcoin only, It is easy to trade than traditional gold. Border-less, you can carry bitcoin anywhere in the world. But gold needs a lot of formalities. Some people argue diamonds are border-less. But it can not be traded in minutes. So, bitcoin is greater than anything else...

I won't say that the best one is only bitcoin. Gold is good, bitcoin is good. It is just going to depend on how you are using them.
If you are a gold trader and then you are getting good profit from it then gold is the best choice for you.
Same thing with bitcoin.
I think we need to choose one in order to focus it to get the maximum income, what I like about bitcoins is we are in the early stage, so with that being said, we have the most potential to earn in the future and we know that bitcoins is beginning to be popular internationally so when massive adoption happens the price will skyrocket due to good demand.

For me, you don't have to choose one from them. As long as you are able to manage them properly that's not going to be a problem.
If you want to max out your income then go for many source like gold and bitcoin. If you are just going to focus to only one, you are
not able to max out your earnings.
Gold is only for securing our money and not for increasing our money as we are seeing that the value of gold is stable and even the traders also cannot earn any good profit from it as the fluctuations are smaller and takes much longer time to change, so choose for bitcoin.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:51:55 AM

bitcoin is prone to manipulation, only because it is very small, its marketcap it's a joke, i'm sure with a trillion market cap,you won't see anymroe those ridiculous p&d of 30%+

if they want a more stable bitcoin, just buy more and bring it to its proper value, which is somewhere in the range of 6 digits

You don't get it (and most likely will never do). The market cap you are talking about is nothing more but volatility at its upper current limit. Even if it grows ten-fold, it will still be volatility. Just buying and holding only further contributes to higher volatility since it decreases the amount of coins in active circulation, thereby increasing Bitcoin susceptibility to pumps and dumps...

I don't write this for you, you needn't try to refute this point

ten fold is not enough, i think you missed my "6 digit" because ten fold it's only 6k, 6 digit it's 100-1k fold

yes the marketcap play a HUGE role instead, just take a look at gold, it is less volatile only because of its marketcap, not because it has intrinsic anti-instability property...
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:03:40 AM

for me i will choose gold is the best long term investment as the price of it appreciates always and the price of it doesn't fall at all. But with bitcoin it has a chance to fall down regarding it's price but of course the higher the demand the higher the price.

Gold is the best investment product so far, but now time is changing and so the preferences of the people, if you will compare the profits earned from gold and bitcoin in future, then bitcoin will win the competition.

I have same response to that kind of statement back in few pages.

There are lots different aspects in terms of earnings we got in bitcoin and gold.

Haven't tried to own a gold and start doing investment on it? If no then it's common that you will choose bitcoin as dominating to all money institution like gold in terms of earnings since you are in bitcoin.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 11:34:12 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 11:56:33 AM by deisik

bitcoin is prone to manipulation, only because it is very small, its marketcap it's a joke, i'm sure with a trillion market cap,you won't see anymroe those ridiculous p&d of 30%+

if they want a more stable bitcoin, just buy more and bring it to its proper value, which is somewhere in the range of 6 digits

You don't get it (and most likely will never do). The market cap you are talking about is nothing more but volatility at its upper current limit. Even if it grows ten-fold, it will still be volatility. Just buying and holding only further contributes to higher volatility since it decreases the amount of coins in active circulation, thereby increasing Bitcoin susceptibility to pumps and dumps...

ten fold is not enough, i think you missed my "6 digit" because ten fold it's only 6k, 6 digit it's 100-1k fold

To begin with, "ridiculous" (as you call them) pumps and dumps of +30% are nothing out of the ordinary for multitrillion markets as well (and, surprise, for gold too). Oil fell within a year a few times (not some 30%), then rebounded from $26 per barrel to over $50 in less than half a year (starting February)...

I leave it to you to learn in detail (or "teach", lol) what was going on at silver market just 5 years ago, but insert a chart to give everyone an idea

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 11:48:48 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 12:18:49 PM by deisik

I have to repeat, since Bitcoin market cap essentially consists of volatility (i.e. total majority of coins in active circulation are used for speculation), growth in the market cap (read rise in price) would bring about even higher volatility. In no way it can lead to more stable prices. Only expanding Bitcoin real usage can do that...

Which is conspicuous for its almost withering absence

chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:15:23 PM

Its better to buy bitcoins not gold. Gold price is increasing slowly but bitcoin increases so fast, its possible to get a large profit in bitcoins so i am recommending bitcoins
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:25:22 PM

To begin with, "ridiculous" (as you call them) pumps and dumps of +30% are nothing out of the ordinary for multitrillion markets as well (and, surprise, for gold too). Oil fell within a year a few times (not some 30%), then rebounded from $26 per barrel to over $50 in less than half a year (starting February)...

I leave it to you to learn in detail (or "teach", lol) what was going on at silver market just 5 years ago, but insert a chart to give everyone an idea

did oil have the same cap of gold? no, gold never had a 30% + swing on daily basis like bitcoin, which was recently dumped and rised again like it was nothing

there is nothing so volatile as bitcoin for now, unless i'm missing something that can rise and fall so fast and in a very short time frame
Ulloa

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:59:40 PM

Its better to buy bitcoins not gold. Gold price is increasing slowly but bitcoin increases so fast, its possible to get a large profit in bitcoins so i am recommending bitcoins

You are right about that due to the fact that the bitcoin is profitable on both terms its good, I do not have the patience to hold the gold as a example.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:14:01 PM

you can never deny the value that gold has, and it has always been this way for years. gold is not a new thing like bitcoin. and for the future unless some technology comes that can make gold out of copper Smiley gold will still stay valuable and profitable as an investment.

but bitcoin is different than gold because it is a new technology so it will keep on rising in price each year until it reaches mass adoption. so this makes bitcoin a good investment especially for long term investors.
Gold investors as of now are very happy because it has gone up now in stock market, but dont under estimate the bitcoin digital currency. Because as of now it came back to 600$+ I think it will reach 700$ again before the end of this month. So, I will say that bitcoin is my choice..
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 02:49:21 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 04:52:33 PM by deisik

did oil have the same cap of gold? no, gold never had a 30% + swing on daily basis like bitcoin, which was recently dumped and rised again like it was nothing

I'm afraid that the oil market cap is times (if not orders) greater than that of gold market. Gold market is actually minuscule when compared to the volumes of oil traded daily, both physical and paper. Average real demand for oil equals to nearly 96 million barrels of oil and liquid fuels per day. And now add to that the host of oil derivatives markets to get an idea how huge this market actually is (though I shouldn't doubt your obstinacy, lol). It may well happen that the oil market is the largest market ever out there (between commodities). And it is not unseen for oil to make 20% price swings within just a few days despite the enormous capitalization of this market...

Now go ahead with your usual bullshit and semantic noise

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:17:14 PM

Well looks like I have played my cards right.

All my profits from bitcoin have been put into gold the last 2 years.

I have just sold a part of my stack and will be dumping the rest Monday morning at dealer.  This then gives me enough cash to pay off the remaining balance of my mortgage so I am one happy chappy.

40 years old and no debt.  No credit cards, no store cards, no loans, no overdraft and no mortgage Smiley
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:08:28 PM

for me i will choose gold is the best long term investment as the price of it appreciates always and the price of it doesn't fall at all. But with bitcoin it has a chance to fall down regarding it's price but of course the higher the demand the higher the price.

It is your choice bro, but I will choose bitcoin rather than gold, yeah it is true that bitcoin price as of now is falling down. But I too think like many traders here, after the halving it will rise more than it's peak late 2013 so just choose wisely..
trickshot22

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:10:33 PM

You are right about that due to the fact that the bitcoin is profitable on both terms its good, I do not have the patience to hold the gold as a example.
theres no need to hold gold in my opinion because the price of the bitcoin is fluctuating much more than the ordinary gold as a lot of people buy and sell from time to time

i always hold some bitcoins to be honest because i know that the price of the bitcoin is going to grow a lot in the near future, i hope that my predictions will be correct and i will make money
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:13:10 PM

It is your choice bro, but I will choose bitcoin rather than gold, yeah it is true that bitcoin price as of now is falling down. But I too think like many traders here, after the halving it will rise more than it's peak late 2013 so just choose wisely..
gold
I also would choose for the bitcoin its in my eyes better and also has a better future than gold itself these days.
useless4

Activity: 389

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:50:21 PM

gold
I also would choose for the bitcoin its in my eyes better and also has a better future than gold itself these days.
i dont think that gold is a good investment at the moment because it is fluctuating really slowly

bitcoin price is going up and down much more thus it allows to make more money for traders i think

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:54:49 PM

gold
i dont think that gold is a good investment at the moment because it is fluctuating really slowly

bitcoin price is going up and down much more thus it allows to make more money for traders i think

Majority of people will choose gold over bitcoin, as they want safe and secure returns and gold allows them to earn it in long run and the fact is not many people are aware about bitcoins yet.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:04:04 PM

I think if you want to benefit quickly you have to choose bitcoin. but you should know its risks? if you want to be safe then choose investing in gold dude

hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:16:29 PM

I think if you want to benefit quickly you have to choose bitcoin. but you should know its risks? if you want to be safe then choose investing in gold dude

Gold is not safe LOL there is no point because there is no fine use for gold, bitcoin is a currency that has a printing limit where they cant send out more than taht amount and the halving will even cut that amount more to end up making btc rise more.
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:37:46 PM

If you want to earn good returns on your investments then first of all you need to minimize your risks, and that is only possible by diversifying your investments, so the best choice is to invest in both of them.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:49:25 PM

if you think in terms of profit in a short time ., bitcoin wil still has the highest rates in the past week

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: