Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:51:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070029 times)
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:59:32 AM

For all you know it could be one person. No conspiring necessary.

Without a whistleblower that'd mean he'd written cryptonote, launched bytecoin and its clones and the rest. What a dude. (ps unlikely)

You are assuming that the person in charge is writing the actual code, white papers, web design, astroturfing, etc. It is entirely possible some or all of those people were/are hired.

you're reaching

That's just the point. You're completely missing the point.

Your point is that I do not need to trust you. Perhaps. But can I trust you to competently develop a code you didnt create? I dunno. Can I trust the original devs? Why not. Can I trust that anybody who open-sources this kind of code is not a scammer wishing to either rip-off or arrest all those he comes into contact with? I think so. Can I trust XMR wont be mined and bought into heavily by govs. No.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:09:04 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 01:23:45 AM by smooth

For all you know it could be one person. No conspiring necessary.

Without a whistleblower that'd mean he'd written cryptonote, launched bytecoin and its clones and the rest. What a dude. (ps unlikely)

You are assuming that the person in charge is writing the actual code, white papers, web design, astroturfing, etc. It is entirely possible some or all of those people were/are hired.

you're reaching

Which is to say you don't think its entirely possible that some or all of the developers, white paper authors, web designers, and astroturfing sock puppet operators were and/or are hired? Interesting.

Quote from: smooth, earlier but snipped
You know developers and others are approached and paid to develop coins by "investors", right? (I'm not even necessarily talking about BCN here, just coins in general, but there is no reason to rule it out in the case of BCN.)

Are you aware of this?

Your point is that I do not need to trust you.

No that is not my point.

Enjoy the pump though. Trading profits are real, regardless of the larger context (as long as you do sell at a profit).
child_harold

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:15:34 AM

No that is not my point.

Good to know. Good night.

vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:06:13 AM

Is child_harold a BCN troll or an XMR dble agent?

or maybe a BCN triple agent ... god forbid, an XMR quadruple agent!

the more he posts on all this stuff in favor of bytecoin the worse BCN looks, so my hunch is he's actually rooting for XMR (i.e. dble or quadruple agent). Are you getting angry PM's from the bytecoin crew?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:25:00 AM

the more he posts on all this stuff in favor of bytecoin the worse BCN looks, so my hunch is he's actually rooting for XMR (i.e. dble or quadruple agent). Are you getting angry PM's from the bytecoin crew?

lols, my bet is on monero sextuple agent Cheesy
child_harold

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:36:55 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 03:52:07 PM by child_harold

lols, my bet is on monero sextuple agent Cheesy

Im not sure how you arrived at that. I suppose it is inevitable that a person following my line of inquiry might be misunderstood but I think I've made my position pretty clear.

Ever since realizing Bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous Ive looked for crypto-currencies that strive for anonymity since this is the true analog to cash.
Darkcoin, Shadow, Monero and many others have all crossed my radar in the past. In fact I'm pretty heavily invested in Shadow (another innovative coin) and have a few Monero. I think any investor would do wisely to hedge their bets.

To ignore Bytecoin is total madness. Their code is truly innovative, has changed crypto for the better, and is being developed rapidly. Cryptonote and bytecoin have changed the landscape of anon coins by offering the most powerful anon crypto to date and we owe them thanks, especially developers who have been inspired by or forked their code.

The cryptonote team and bytecoin team stand in solidaity and I am unswayed by the monero view of the world. I want cutting-edge crypto from the guys who brought us the very first CN currency so Im watching bytecoin. Simple as that.

One does not have to invest in bytecoin to profit from it - just ask monero. Even non-CN coins like Shadow owe much to its innovations.

Whether you believe it's a case of pearls to swine or pearls from swine they are still pearls. I applaud the bytecoin team's innovations and hold some BCN in a show of support for its important achievements past and future.

* child_harold raises a glass.

babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:58:57 AM

Amen! Well said child_harold!
child_harold

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:56:35 AM

Fuck it… past 20 sats…why the hell not? Cool

Hocus Pocus Focus Anonymous!
https://youtu.be/4Zkir2MMhIM?t=6m38s

^fixed the link… will try again…

Abracanonymous!

@babybonobo - cheers!

NASdaq

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:51:37 AM

Im not sure how you arrived at that. I suppose it is inevitable that a person following my line of inquiry might be misunderstood but I think I've made my position pretty clear.

Ever since realizing Bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous Ive looked for crypto-currencies that strive for anonymity since this is the true analog to cash.
Darkcoin, Shadow, Monero and many others have all crossed my radar in the past. In fact I'm pretty heavily invested in Shadow (another innovative coin) and have a few Monero. I think any investor would do wisely to hedge their bets.

To ignore Bytecoin is total madness. Their code is truly innovative, has changed crypto for the better, and is being developed rapidly. Cryptonote and bytecoin have changed the landscape of anon coins by offering the most powerful anon crypto to date and we owe them thanks, especially developers who have been inspired by or forked their code.

The cryptonote team and bytecoin team stand in solidaity and I am unswayed by the monero view of the world. I want cutting-edge crypto from the guys who brought us the very first CN currency so Im watching bytecoin. Simple as that.

One does not have to invest in bytecoin to profit from it - just ask monero. Even non-CN coins like Shadow owe much to its innovations.

Whether you believe it's a case of pearls to swine or pearls from swine they are still pearls. I applaud the bytecoin team's innovations and hold some BCN in a show of support for its important achievements past and future.

I think a good analogy to the cryptonote/bytecoin/monero scenario is rockets/Nazi Germany/ NASA.

There's no doubt that the Nazi's excelled in rocket technology, and that tech ended up putting Apollo astronauts on the moon, but who in there right mind would wish the Nazi's themselves had continued developing rocket tech in the 50's and 60's. What happened was the great tech and its leading scientist, Wernher Von Braun, moved to the USA to continue development of rockets, and that's sort of what's happening with cryptonote, the tech has been transferred to a community that will develop it better (i.e. not to accomplish a scam and enrich a few dishonest people).

I like rocket tech, but I don't support Nazi germany the original developer

I like cryptonote tech, but I don't support bytecoin and the original scam developers

I'm glad NASA continued developing rockets instead of Nazi germany, and I don't care that NASA used tech they didn't invent themselves

If you separate the tech, the original creator, and the community best suited to developing the tech for mass adoption the choice of which cryptonote coin to buy and support is obvious.

Maybe the actual crypto scientists who invented cryptonote weren't part of the bytecoin 80% premine scam. I can imagine a scenario where the people who created the tech itself defect to monero, in a similar way to Wernher Von Braun moving to america and working for NASA. That's possible!!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:55:13 AM

and that tech ended up putting Apollo astronauts on the moon

The moon, pfft, the bytecoiners are raising money to go to Mars. Send your coins!

child_harold

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:47:51 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 11:51:40 AM by child_harold

I think a good analogy to the cryptonote/bytecoin/monero scenario is rockets/Nazi Germany/ NASA.

There's no doubt that the Nazi's excelled in rocket technology, and that tech ended up putting Apollo astronauts on the moon, but who in there right mind would wish the Nazi's themselves had continued developing rocket tech in the 50's and 60's. What happened was the great tech and its leading scientist, Wernher Von Braun, moved to the USA to continue development of rockets, and that's sort of what's happening with cryptonote, the tech has been transferred to a community that will develop it better (i.e. not to accomplish a scam and enrich a few dishonest people).

I like cryptonote tech, but I don't support bytecoin and the original scam developers

I'm glad NASA continued developing rockets instead of Nazi germany, and I don't care that NASA used tech they didn't invent themselves

If you separate the tech, the original creator, and the community best suited to developing the tech for mass adoption the choice of which cryptonote coin to buy and support is obvious.

Maybe the actual crypto scientists who invented cryptonote weren't part of the bytecoin 80% premine scam. I can imagine a scenario where the people who created the tech itself defect to monero, in a similar way to Wernher Von Braun moving to america and working for NASA. That's possible!!

The most conceited, idiotic and offensive analogy I've read in quite some time.

Monero as NASA? You guys would still be exploring the car park. You're having a laugh.
NB All innovators except for monero.

Stop trying to separate the cryptonote team and the bytecoin team  when they stand in solidarity. It's Monero vs the world.

Now run along little hobbitses, Saruman is on his way.

NASdaq

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:19:21 PM

Monero as NASA? You guys would still be exploring the car park. You're having a laugh.

Stop trying to separate the cryptonote team and the bytecoin team  when they stand in solidarity. It's Monero vs the world.

Ok then, I was wrong, silly me for giving you the benefit of the doubt and taking you seriously. I've got nothing to do with monero or bytecoin, and assumed you were the same. I can now see that you're not looking for the truth, what a pity.
child_harold

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:34:20 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 03:17:45 PM by child_harold

Stop trying to separate the cryptonote team and the bytecoin team  when they stand in solidarity. It's Monero vs the world.

Ok then, I was wrong, silly me for giving you the benefit of the doubt and taking you seriously. I've got nothing to do with monero or bytecoin, and assumed you were the same. I can now see that you're not looking for the truth, what a pity.

SInce you are not the monerian i took you for i retract the word conceited. My tongue-lashing may have been overly harsh (although you did mention nazis, and you said disparaging crap about the BCN devs) since you have left such a rich seam of humour in the monero does nasa play.

You cast aspersions on my truth-seeking when your mind is seemingly closed? huh  

Ullo

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 04:45:06 PM

The multi-addresses are live!

Bytecoin 1.0.6 updates CryptoNote and upgrades e-commerce integration

Today's release introduces an updated Bytecoin RPC Wallet for e-commerce with a new feature called aggregate multi-addresses. In short, this feature allows services to create a branch of unique addresses to easily differentiate users. This feature is a significant update of the CryptoNote protocol:

• It effectively depreciates payment_id (a formerly indispensable part for any CryptoNote currency)
  • It facilitates web wallets operation
  • It greatly upgrades Bytecoin integration and deposits by allowing to assign each user with a unique address
  • It reduces server resources required for maintaining dozens of users' addresses
  • It increases overall privacy of Bytecoin

There is more to 1.0.6 release than just aggregate multi-addresses feature:

• Updated IWallet and IBlockchainExplorer high level APIs
  • Traffic between the node and the wallet has been optimized providing faster synchronization

Towards easier integration

Now all you have to do to integrate Bytecoin is:

1. Install Bytecoin RPC Wallet
2. Generate users addresses for each new user (through Bytecoin RPC Wallet API)
3. Process the payments in a matter of seconds

Important note: updating your Bytecoin RPC Wallet service will not disrupt your currently established system. This update is entirely backward compatible with payment_id deposits even though payment_id will be depreciated in further releases.

Update explained

The core idea of aggregate multi-addresses can be described as 'shared half of view key', i.e. common data for all users, namely key 'a'. Keys 'b', surely, are unique for each user, which implies different 'spend keys' and different addresses.

We've explained the adjustments in CryptoNote which made this update available in our blog post on aggregate multi-addresses.

Learn more

News post explaining benefits of the update
Blog post with the detailed explanation on how it works
Bytecoin roadmap (updated)
RPC Wallet API

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us through https://bytecoin.org/contact/ for faster response.

Bytecoin BCN core team: https://bytecoin.org/
child_harold

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:03:11 PM

bytemuma

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:08:38 PM

If I know something about bytcoin devs, is that they don't rush things. You can learn how they test everything in their blog.

Keep calm, because they gonna deliver... Wink

bla, bla, bla....

I told you so..... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
█████████    █████████████    █████████     
    █████            █████████            █████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
            ████████              █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:46:11 AM

If I know something about bytcoin devs, is that they don't rush things. You can learn how they test everything in their blog.

Keep calm, because they gonna deliver... Wink

bla, bla, bla....

I told you so..... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

80% premine scam with fabricated blockchain

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:59:24 AM

^ Roll Eyes

The cryptonote team and bytecoin team stand in solidarity and I am unswayed by the monero view of the world. I want cutting-edge crypto from the guys who brought us the very first CN currency so Im watching bytecoin. Simple as that.

@child_harold, you can't polish a turd,

CN tech is good,

bytecoin implementation of that tech is a steaming pile of scam riddled crap

monero had a fair launch

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
child_harold

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:02:44 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 09:44:03 AM by child_harold

^ Roll Eyes

The cryptonote team and bytecoin team stand in solidarity and I am unswayed by the monero view of the world. I want cutting-edge crypto from the guys who brought us the very first CN currency so Im watching bytecoin. Simple as that.

@child_harold, you can't polish a turd,

CN tech is good,

bytecoin implementation of that tech is a steaming pile of scam riddled crap

monero had a fair launch

You unthinkingly repeat the mantra of the Church of Monero. I fear you may have been brainwashed my child. In the words of the great George Clinton, Free Your Mind...And Your Ass Will Follow

I suggest you re-read my text, assuming you read it in the first place. Whether you are prepared to admit it or not, thanks are owed to the CN and BCN team collectively for innovation and achievement. You dont have to invest in BCN to profit from its innovations, it has already changed crypto-currency forever. And development continues…

Bytecoin 1.0.6 updates CryptoNote and upgrades e-commerce integration

Today's release introduces an updated Bytecoin RPC Wallet for e-commerce with a new feature called aggregate multi-addresses. In short, this feature allows services to create a branch of unique addresses to easily differentiate users. This feature is a significant update of the CryptoNote protocol:

• It effectively depreciates payment_id (a formerly indispensable part for any CryptoNote currency)
  • It facilitates web wallets operation
  • It greatly upgrades Bytecoin integration and deposits by allowing to assign each user with a unique address
  • It reduces server resources required for maintaining dozens of users' addresses
  • It increases overall privacy of Bytecoin

There is more to 1.0.6 release than just aggregate multi-addresses feature:

• Updated IWallet and IBlockchainExplorer high level APIs
  • Traffic between the node and the wallet has been optimized providing faster synchronization

Towards easier integration

Now all you have to do to integrate Bytecoin is:

1. Install Bytecoin RPC Wallet
2. Generate users addresses for each new user (through Bytecoin RPC Wallet API)
3. Process the payments in a matter of seconds

Important note: updating your Bytecoin RPC Wallet service will not disrupt your currently established system. This update is entirely backward compatible with payment_id deposits even though payment_id will be depreciated in further releases.

Update explained

The core idea of aggregate multi-addresses can be described as 'shared half of view key', i.e. common data for all users, namely key 'a'. Keys 'b', surely, are unique for each user, which implies different 'spend keys' and different addresses.

We've explained the adjustments in CryptoNote which made this update available in our blog post on aggregate multi-addresses.

Learn more

News post explaining benefits of the update
Blog post with the detailed explanation on how it works
Bytecoin roadmap (updated)
RPC Wallet API

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us through https://bytecoin.org/contact/ for faster response.

Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:38:21 PM

Can BCN be mined by any old CPU?

I do see potential here in

1. The name

2. Coin supply

Questions:

1. what does Bytecoin have that other coins dont?

2. why all the fud ?

I think bytecoin is setting it self up to be the day to day crypto we use. I mean just think logically people its human nature. Bitcoin was the first....its golden...digital gold. Litecoin is the silver to its gold. I see BCN as being pennies or the day to day crypto. Who knows how the future will pan out. Bytecoin is on the right track IMO. Very interested to see where it goes from here.
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: