Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:45:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070029 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:45:50 PM

Can BCN be mined by any old CPU?

Yes.

1. what does Bytecoin have that other coins don't?

All of the cryptonote coins, including BCN, have a strong system for making the blockchain private along with other features (for example, no pre-defined block size limit) as discussed in the whitepaper: http://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

2. why all the fud ?

Criticism is not FUD.

80% of the coin supply was secretly premined (i.e. mined before public release) or worse.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:34:53 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 10:30:27 PM by Blazin8888

Would it be possible to make a qt wallet that allows you to store both BTC and BCN in the same wallet. Seamlessly.

I believe something like this is needed in crypto. Also it would further empower BCN in my opinion as it would show the community that it is here to support BTC and I think people would start to see BTC is more like gold...it moves slower on the blockchain etc...BCN will be used as a day to day currency and people can store there digital gold (BTC) in their wallets as well. Make the most versatile wallet. Thats the future IMO and would bring value to this coin.  

You gotta think about the long run here guys. Your mom your dad using this stuff etc....i dunno. It may not even be possible im just thinking...

Lets get this listed on more exchanges ...

https://support.btc-e.com/

if peer coin is listed on BTC-E we can get Bytecoin listed. ..its a better coin IMO
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:42:24 PM

I warned you about spilling your unsubstantiated BS in this thread. WTF is your problem you complete and utter loser? Go back to Monero where they need you now…

Can BCN be mined by any old CPU?

Yes.

1. what does Bytecoin have that other coins don't?

All of the cryptonote coins, including BCN, have a strong system for making the blockchain private along with other features (for example, no pre-defined block size limit) as discussed in the whitepaper: http://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

2. why all the fud ?

Criticism is not FUD.

80% of the coin supply was secretly premined (i.e. mined before public release) or worse.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:44:02 PM

I warned you about spilling your unsubstantiated BS in this thread. WTF is your problem?

I don't have a problem, what's yours.

Your "warnings" are out of line and ignored.

Also, there was nothing unsubstantiated there at all. Read it more carefully.
child_harold

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:47:44 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 10:57:54 PM by child_harold

I warned you about spilling your unsubstantiated BS in this thread. WTF is your problem?

I don't have a problem, what's yours.

Your "warnings" are out of line and ignored.

Also, there was nothing unsubstantiated there at all. Read it more carefully.

You're a broken record kid.

Blazin8888

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:05:59 PM

Can we all just be productive? Harold relax youre out of line. He has every right to be critical. He was not spreading BS at all.

Explain this premain scam issue as ive heard more ppl than just him say something about it

Productive:

To help speed up the process of deploying your coin, we require the following information sent to support@bittrex.com:

Coin Name
Coin trading symbol - Please verify that your preferred symbol is not already in use on our exchange or any other.  There are a number of services that track coin prices that require the symbols to be unique. Even if the symbol is not on our exchange anymore, we won't reuse it.  Consider your symbol carefully because we will not change it once it is set
A logo for your coin - png format with a transparent background.  The logo should be square with dimensions of 1000x1000 pixels with no white space on its border and no taglines.  It should only be a logo and expect it to show up in multiple spots in the Bittrex UI.
Launch Date (past or future)
Github Link - We only accept source code.  We will not run a binary that you provide us. 
Exchanges you are currently on
Official blockchain explorer
What is your TxFee for a transaction
Any social media information such as your official website, twitter account, facebook page, subreddit, etc.
Optional information that heavily influences us:

Have a clearly stated purpose for your coin.  Why does it exist and what makes it unique?  If your ANN thread only has coin specs on it, you are not going to get listed on Bittrex. 
Proof of dev:  Contact coinssource.com to get rated
Get your source code reviewed by a trusted member of the community
Information about your coin:  What is the concept behind your coin? If you have previously been listed on Bittrex, what has changed with your coin since then?
If you are interested in providing information to traders of your coin in our user interface, see Submitting Coin Information for the Bittrex UI
If you run a crowdfunding campaign on another platform and would like to get listed, the following additional requirements apply:

We will require a 3 BTC compliance fee for the additional due diligence we need to fulfill to list your coin
A link to publicly accessible information about the CFC terms.  We need to see exactly how any funds were raised and what was promised to crowdfunders
You must also meet our CFC compliance standards; most notably having a proof of developer done and disclosing the full name and location of a member of the coin development team

We are mindful of scams, copyright violations, and offensive subjects and reserve the right to refuse any coin on our platform.  In some cases, we may request a legal review of your coin before being listed. 

Note: Our spotlights are limited and are coordinated via support@bittrex.com.  Please do NOT send BTC to anyone claiming to represent Bittrex via Twitter, IRC, or BitcoinTalk.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:11:37 PM

Can we all just be productive? Harold relax youre out of line. He has every right to be critical. He was not spreading BS at all.

Explain this premain scam issue as ive heard more ppl than just him say something about it

Let's leave "scam" out of it for now, as that's a loaded word

The coin was made public Q1 2014, one day before the start date of this thread (2014-04-12). The first post referencing it is here (where someone, who happens to be listed as a BCN developer, allegedly accidentally stumbled across it while trying to mine a dead coin with the same name):

"here" is the link to https://bytecoin.org/ (is that official bytecoin site? pretty cool). But binaries for windows from bytecoin.org are not working!

By that time it was already approximately 82% mined.

This is 100% factual.

If you want to read more opinions and analysis of what may have happened leading up to that point, there are ample resources on this thread and elsewhere.

Blazin8888

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:24:31 PM

There is already one bytecoin; even listed on exchanges.

People are running out of names ....

Dude, did you even read the topic? Everybody knows there is "already" one bytecoin.
The question is why there is another bytecoin that was the bytecoin since 2012 and nobody knew about it. Even if it's so cool as it's said in their docs: true anonymity and so on.

BTW, DStrange, do you have a contact with developers?

This man was completely ignored. Very strange things surrounding BCN indeed. What was the other BCN....how does this Dstrange guy have "contact" with this dev? He never says anything regarding this....also the BCN website never said anything about PACIFIC whatever until recently right?

Who is this pacific skyline ? hes never once mentioned ....

DStrange why havent you bothered to clear any of this stuff up yet?
child_harold

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:30:07 PM

@smooth - Blazin8888 is a known dick. And so are you if you persist in your church of monero crap. blazin (one last chance) - the cryptonote team and bcn team are in agreement. thtas all im gonna say for now… friday night… i have guests… Tongue

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:37:37 PM

What was the other BCN

There was no other BCN, it was Bytecoin, but the symbol was BCE (thread link above), and it was abandoned and dead before DStrange was allegedly trying out of the blue to mine it and allegedly stumbled across the new cryptonote Bytecoin BCN.

I don't know the answers to your other questions.
Blazin8888

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:52:29 PM

What was the other BCN

There was no other BCN, it was Bytecoin, but the symbol was BCE (thread link above), and it was abandoned and dead before DStrange was allegedly trying out of the blue to mine it and allegedly stumbled across the new cryptonote Bytecoin BCN.

Interesting. Ok so theoretically speaking is it possible Dstrange is telling the truth and stumbled upon BCN...how does he then know the devs and get appointed as PR man? For all we know this is all some fairy tail.

How do we know the entire team is not one guy or just a huge story?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:53:44 PM

What was the other BCN

Interesting. Ok so theoretically speaking is it possible Dstrange is telling the truth and stumbled upon BCN...how does he then know the devs and get appointed as PR man? For all we know this is all some fairy tail.

Being in the right place at the right time. They must have really liked him to give him that job in an otherwise closed group as a stranger. Lucky guy.

How do we know the entire team is not one guy or just a huge story?

I don't have an answer to that.
NASdaq

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:42:00 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 04:48:23 AM by NASdaq

@smooth - Blazin8888 is a known dick. And so are you if you persist in your church of monero crap. blazin (one last chance) - the cryptonote team and bcn team are in agreement. thtas all im gonna say for now… friday night… i have guests… Tongue

I thought you were an interested bystander searching for the truth? have you had actual contact with either the CN or BCN teams? What makes you so sure "the cryptonote team and bcn team are in agreement"?

I know from my time around scientists, artists, entertainers etc that the creators, or 'doers', are so busy 'doing' that they often end up being manipulated by other parties. I think it's possible the people who invented the actual cryptography behind CN & bytecoin were at arms length from the premine scam in some way. It's possible, but I don't know.

@harold, What do you know for a fact about the connection between CN & BCN?

I have no doubt the tech is superb. I have no doubt the BCN backstory (or lack of) makes it a terrible investment, especially when XMR is over 12 months old, 100% transaparent, can use all the open source tech anyway, and has things like cryptokingdom to help spread adoption
child_harold

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:41:58 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 02:13:41 PM by child_harold

I thought you were an interested bystander searching for the truth? have you had actual contact with either the CN or BCN teams? What makes you so sure "the cryptonote team and bcn team are in agreement"?

I know from my time around scientists, artists, entertainers etc that the creators, or 'doers', are so busy 'doing' that they often end up being manipulated by other parties. I think it's possible the people who invented the actual cryptography behind CN & bytecoin were at arms length from the premine scam in some way. It's possible, but I don't know.

I have no doubt the tech is superb. I have no doubt the BCN backstory (or lack of) makes it a terrible investment, especially when XMR is over 12 months old, 100% transaparent, can use all the open source tech anyway, and has things like cryptokingdom to help spread adoption

I know for a fact that whoever runs the cryptonote website/forum/channels backs up the bytecoin version of events fully. See https://cryptonote.org/ . From the monero perspective this means (as fluffypony and smooth have openly stated) that the CN team must be "in on it". It also means that monero is completely alone and has ostracized itself from anything and everything to do with bytecoin and cryptonote.

The origins of bytecoin (and cryptonote) are undoubtedly mysterious with no known entities (save perhaps Sabelnikov). Does this bother me? Not really since Satoshi is an unknown entity too and because it is completely in keeping with making a powerful anon currency that might change the world you would protect your anonymity at all costs (much like satoshi with the pseudo-anonymous bitcoin).

As I said on the previous page: "Whether you believe it's a case of pearls to swine or pearls from swine they are still pearls. I applaud the bytecoin team's innovations and hold some BCN in a show of support for its important achievements past and future."

The recent updates to 1.0.6 are mind-bending. Perhaps we could discuss these instead?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.msg12010098#msg12010098

Blazin8888

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:56:58 PM

I know for a fact that whoever runs the cryptonote website/forum/channels backs up the bytecoin version of events fully. See https://cryptonote.org/ . From the monero perspective this means (as fluffypony and smooth have openly stated) that the CN team must be "in on it". It also means that monero is completely alone and has ostracized itself from anything and everything to do with bytecoin and cryptonote.

The origins of bytecoin (and cryptonote) are undoubtedly mysterious with no known entities (save perhaps Sabelnikov). Does this bother me? Not really since Satoshi is an unknown entity too and because it is completely in keeping with making a powerful anon currency that might change the world you would protect your anonymity at all costs (much like satoshi with the pseudo-anonymous bitcoin).

As I said on the previous page: "Whether you believe it's a case of pearls to swine or pearls from swine they are still pearls. I applaud the bytecoin team's innovations and hold some BCN in a show of support for its important achievements past and future."

The recent updates to 1.0.6 are mind-bending. Perhaps we could discuss these instead?

Harold speaks the truth. I agree. Doesn't matter if we know who made it or not, look at BTC. 100%
ABISprotocol

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

ABISprotocol on Gist

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 04:24:38 AM

Hello,

I will finalize the Change Request for ABIS  around the evening of August 4th.
Some details on the process that I will follow are posted here:

https://bytecointalk.org/showthread.php?tid=82&pid=514#pid514

Part of that post states:

"I'm planning on revising this Draft Change Request consistent with
the input I've received here. It will be republished as a Change
Request (finalized). Please feel free to continue to add comments;
note I will finalize the Change Request around the evening of August
4th. (I'll use this same thread to republish it in.)"

Please visit the thread at:

https://bytecointalk.org/showthread.php?tid=82&pid=514#pid514

Review comments people have provided and add comments or questions on the development of the ABIS microgiving concept for BCN there.

Thank you!

-ABISprotocol

ABISprotocol (Github/Gist)
http://abis.io
NASdaq

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:46:57 AM

Harold speaks the truth. I agree. Doesn't matter if we know who made it or not, look at BTC. 100%

I agree that knowing their identities is not important, but with BTC  there's absolutely no doubt that satoshi launched the blockchain in January 2009, and the well respected cryptographer, Hal Finney, was a witness to this, but with bytecoin there is doubt, and to date no conclusive evidence that confirms their account of events, and that means BCN doesn't pass the sniff test as a good investment.

Their identities isn't important, but the 82% premine and fabricated blockchain are.
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:13:32 AM

Their identities isn't important, but the 82% premine and fabricated blockchain are.

So true. Whether the blockchain was fabricated, or it was mined to 82% within a hidden community, either scenario renders this coin dead in the water.
child_harold

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:47:51 AM

So true. Whether the blockchain was fabricated, or it was mined to 82% within a hidden community, either scenario renders this coin dead in the water.

and to date no conclusive evidence that confirms their account of events, and that means BCN doesn't pass the sniff test as a good investment.

There is NO "conclusive evidence" of wrongdoing. There is NO whistle-blower, from CN, BCN or anywhere else. The only people even close to the  tech (the cn team) backup the BCN version of events. Bytecoin is the first CN coin. EVERY CN coin has a theoretical vulnerability (chance to deanon if holding a large supply). Almost nothing is known about anybody mining XMR or BCN or the amounts they hold (distro of wealth), who they work for or what their interests are.

The bytecoin tech is leading the way in crypto-currency anonymity still. You dont have to invest in bytecoin to profit from its innovations (although I have).

ABISprotocol

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

ABISprotocol on Gist

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 08:51:50 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 09:09:33 AM by ABISprotocol

I don't know if anyone has kept track of this, but from at least page 180 to the current (about page 235 or so) of this particular bitcointalk thread, almost every single post has been someone hurling insults.  That equates to about 55 pages of just pure bitcointalk bile, imho.  It's terrible to see, and I've avoided commenting on it, until now.

What I see a lot of has been Monero supporters creating insults about BCN, and then insulting BCN or the development team, or the people who created BCN, or the people now use BCN, or some of the above, or all of the above.

Quite frankly I find this very immature and a huge waste of time.  I have nothing against Monero or Monero developers or Monero users.  I do, however, find that the claims being made (by Monero folk against BCN, etc.) are not only exaggerated, but have involved a great deal of speculation and assumption, and a great deal of wasted energy (considering how much Monero could benefit if the passion of some folks which has been invested in hours and hours of argumentation while hijacking this thread, would have been instead spent in Monero development).

I personally feel that this discussion wouldn't have been amplified to the degree it has been unless BCN supporters were also involved, which is to say, it takes two (or more) to tango, and so as time goes on, the constant claims and insults being hurled by the anti-BCN contingent were then met with various arguments and propositions by a pro-BCN contingent, and then there were counterclaims, and then so on and so forth, and the levels and layers of argumentation seem to have created a kind of an environment in which someone must "win" by some higher logic, but in reality the vast amount of hours that people have spent on the campaigns and plain of arguments are just a huge waste.

To me, I think of it like this:

1) Do you like your coin?  Great, go take part in it.  It is a free market.  Do what you will.

2) Do you think a coin is troublesome or needs review?  Then review its source code.  (If it is not open source you shouldn't be using it because you are unable to see its repository.)   If you don't know code, learn - there's lot's of free coursework available (codecademy.com, khanacademy.org, etc.)

3) Don't like a coin?  You don't have to spend hundreds of hours trying to convince people that they shouldn't use it.  Just don't use it yourself.

4) Like a coin, but feel like something is missing?  Take part in its development.  Make the world a better place.

Thanks for listening.

ABISprotocol (Github/Gist)
http://abis.io
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: