Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:40:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355593 times)
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:14:21 PM

buckrogers do you own gridseed or something?  Your assault on bitmain here while licking gridseed's nutsack is pretty transparent.  Do you think people here can't read?

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:51:50 PM

I cant resist, I will buy 2 , NOW!

better get your dumpster ready!

The last S2 pieces been delivered were intact, because of a new foam thing.

Also, there is no lower priced terrahash with 1w/ghs at this moment.

Do your research before posting anything.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:56:31 PM

I cant resist, I will buy 2 , NOW!

better get your dumpster ready!

The last S2 pieces been delivered were intact, because of a new foam thing.

Also, there is no lower priced terrahash with 1w/ghs at this moment.

Do your research before posting anything.

I don't undestand you Tzortz.

A few days ago Bit-tech was god, Bitmain shit.

Now Bitmain is good Bit-tech is shit because you received dusty miners. Days before you trolled long Bitmain thread about how ashit are they etc. etc...

I think you doesn't know the meaning "loyality".

I had to tell that.... But at the server psu thread we could make a good discussion.....

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
tzortz

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:19:22 PM

I am not trolling anywhere.

I am trying to show facts and help others interested in the best value for money gear.

Until now, Bitmain had fucked it up with S2, everybody knows that.
Also I felt completely disappointed, when I paid 2.8BTC for each S1 and received it overclocked and full of dust.

Was I wrong yelling against Bitmain?

Looks though, that Bitmain is making efforts to resolve all the above issues , either by lowering prices or fixing shipping issues.

As about Bit-tech, they had lower prices and now they deliver used miners and at higher price.
Am I not obliged to inform you??

I am not loyal to any hardware manufacturer.  

I am loyal to the people that are seeking information about the best value for money products.

ps. Thanks for the guide comments. It was not meant to be made to promote Bitmain products, BUT to help the miners to achieve lower costs for their mining.

All is Mine!

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:35:43 PM

I am curious what is tempting you?

The price is tempting me, as I previously noted.

Furthermore, touching on your points about quality control, yes, I have read that the initial batches had some QA issues. I understand these issues have been mostly resolved in batches 2 and 3. This is why I'm taking the plunge with Batch 4 - I have faith they have largely resolved their initial problems.

The dozen or so S1's I own have been rock solid since I took delivery of them, and further reinforces that faith in Bitmain.
ElGabo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:42:53 PM

I am not trolling anywhere.

I am trying to show facts and help others interested in the best value for money gear.

Until now, Bitmain had fucked it up with S2, everybody knows that.
Also I felt completely disappointed, when I paid 2.8BTC for each S1 and received it overclocked and full of dust.

Was I wrong yelling against Bitmain?

Looks though, that Bitmain is making efforts to resolve all the above issues , either by lowering prices or fixing shipping issues.

As about Bit-tech, they had lower prices and now they deliver used miners and at higher price.
Am I not obliged to inform you??

I am not loyal to any hardware manufacturer.  

I am loyal to the people that are seeking information about the best value for money products.

ps. Thanks for the guide comments. It was not meant to be made to promote Bitmain products, BUT to help the miners to achieve lower costs for their mining.

I see this in different colours....

They not fucked up, they had "have" problems but they are trying to solve them.

I received 2 S2-s with only 3 loosy blades, but i had a lot of problems with the controller.

Bitmain was the only manufacturer who shipped on time a working poduct. Was them dusty? Yes. Who cares? I got the miner, it was working, all fine. I hadn't been scammed, didn't had to preorder, just buy off the shelf.

Information is always welcomed but always spit one when a mistake happens is no good. (It's just my opinion)

I'm usually loyal to my suppliers both in real life and bitcoinworld.

And trust me, loyality always pay off. Why am I saying this? Sorry can't tell....

But cheaper doesn't always the better.

This mentality works for me, try out, maybe it will work for you too.

But you can't expect help if you spit in the eyes meanwhile....

Edit:

I think that batch 1 and 2 was overpriced. I bought only 2 to try it out. I'll buy more when the price will be good.

I don't want to hurt you, but I don't like if somebody goes from vendor to vendor and if a problem occurs just piss there and go back to the other one.

tzortz

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:57:55 PM

I am sorry but I will disagree with you.

Most of manufacturers of bitcoin miners are opportunists and seems that they dont care for the long run, that much.

If I dont yell, if you dont yell and if nobody yells then they wont improve their products .

I demand to get what I deserve as their customer.

But I will not accept to buy a used , dusty hardware equipment which was described as new.

All is Mine!

ElGabo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:12:12 PM

I am sorry but I will disagree with you.

Most of manufacturers of bitcoin miners are opportunists and seems that they dont care for the long run, that much.

If I dont yell, if you dont yell and if nobody yells then they wont improve their products .

I demand to get what I deserve as their customer.

But I will not accept to buy a used , dusty hardware equipment which was described as new.

We doesn't have to agree in everything, it's no problem. This is why is this a forum, to share different opinions.

I think you didn't followed mining a long ago as I stated before.

Were you waiting on a preorder? Were you scammed by other companies? I think you didn't.

I was happy to get hardware few days after I ordered, when Bitmain appeared. That's all, and still the case.

I told before, I received plenty of dusty miners, they are doing their job fine 24/7 with no problems. I've started may oldest S1-s when they arrived and didn't cared until this moment. But they were dusty..... But hashing and hashing.....

Sorry I've lied, I've blowed the dust out with my mouth before I've set them up... Smiley

About yelling.

I don't think everybody has to yell hard. Just simply don't buy if you don't like the product. Of course they need feedback about problems as other vendors too. But not as yelling....

if you don't like the price don't buy. If they can't sell the miner the will lower the price. That's all.

tzortz

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:19:06 PM

We doesn't have to agree in everything, it's no problem. This is why is this a forum, to share different opinions.

Thank you.

Were you waiting on a preorder? Were you scammed by other companies? I think you didn't.

Yes I have been scammed with KNC , 3 Neptunes = 39K.

I was happy to get hardware few days after I ordered, when Bitmain appeared. That's all, and still the case.

I told before, I received plenty of dusty miners, they are doing their job fine 24/7 with no problems. I've started may oldest S1-s when they arrived and didn't cared until this moment. But they were dusty..... But hashing and hashing.....

Sorry I've lied, I've blowed the dust out with my mouth before I've set them up... Smiley

Can you please blow mine also?

About yelling.

I don't think everybody has to yell hard. Just simply don't buy if you don't like the product. Of course they need feedback about problems as other vendors too. But not as yelling....

if you don't like the price don't buy. If they can't sell the miner the will lower the price. That's all.

I am sorry for yelling. I wont yell again.

I understand that we dont have to react to any manufacturer's shit.
They understand themselves that there is a problem with their products and they resolve everything immediately.

Is that what you mean?

All is Mine!

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:36:54 PM

I had a plug trip last night and was faced with the S2 "blue screen of death" after restarting. I just ejected the SD card and pushed it back in and it booted up no problem after that, no need for re-imaging  Huh

wow! impressive, you must have gotten one of the magical units then..I wish I got one of those Smiley

You are a lucky man!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
googlemaster1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:55:01 PM

Can we all just admit that if the price of BTC went up a little bit we would all see the S2 as a great price?  The problem is you can't predict the future, and it is foolish to make a purchase when considering ROI in BTC, because if you are not thinking that way, instead of expanding your mining farm, buy and hold, IMHO.

As it stands, Batch 2 had a great BTC price (~5.5).  Even with the coupon you are still looking at 4.9 BTC right now.  And I'm sorry, I've had my S2 up and running for over 20 days now, and I've pulled down a little over 1.5 BTC so far.

So in my mind, the price of BTC would have to be slightly over $600 to make it about the same level of purchase.  The way I see it, the Batch 4 is for the people that missed out on Batch 1 and 2, which are already on their way to ROI'ing (even if its just barely in areas where power is moderate-high priced).

Personally, I am going to wait and see if I can buy in if the price of BTC goes way up in the next couple days.  My hedging strategy will be trade BTC (buy low - sell high), and if I miss the boat buying low and BTC price goes really high, I'll buy a miner Smiley.  Seems good, eh?

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:20:00 PM

buckrogers do you own gridseed or something?  Your assault on bitmain here while licking gridseed's nutsack is pretty transparent.  Do you think people here can't read?

No quite the contrary, and I hope people here can read and see the real deal, and i think you are refering to GAW miners not gridseed.

I have nothing to do with gridseed or GAW miners , except that i bought some gear from them and have only praised their customer support and been a totally satisfied customer as most if not all Gawminers customers have....forgive me for giving someone props for being different than all the other crooks out there.

Unlike most people here who only compalin about the bad, i also praise the good. Whe some company does right by me whoever they are, then i will give them the respect they deserve, and when someone shits all over me, and sells me crap and wont budge on helping me sort it out, i will say F-U to them and "assault" them as you say.  It would be the same if it was Amazon or Newegg I am not biased, only honest.

I wish I owned Gawminers or even worked there, 1. because I would be rich as hell, and 2. cause then I could say I am part of something different from what seems to be the norm here with these vendors shitting all over their customers.

I've actually said in a bunch of my posts as a discalimer that i do not work for GAW but if they offered me a job i would take it in a heartbeat.

As far as licking nutsacks, Bitmain should be licking ours for giving him free money for crap that doesnt work instead of $400 coupons to buy more crap.

I would have bought the 1TH/s miner from Gaw they now have listed on their site if hey had it available before i bought the S2, as i wanted a 1TH/s miner and Bitmain seemed to have a good reputation, and since I also have 5 - S1 units running solid for a while now, and based on that i figured the product must be good.

I am actually ordering the 1TH/s miner from GAW and im sure if there are any issues with it, they would handle it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tiimes better and more proffesionaly than bitmains crapy support. (did i add enough zero's? not sure, i may need some more)

So dont assume you think you know something whe actually you know jack shit.

If you had a company and sold gear to people and everything worked well, or if a problem arose and you went out of your way to help get it resolved I guess I would "lick your nutsack" too.  well probably not, but would definetly say good things about you.

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
ElGabo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:47:48 PM

Thank you. You're welcomed

Yes I have been scammed with KNC , 3 Neptunes = 39K. Knc is not a total scam. You can refund them if you wasn't ordered in a few weeks time when they changed to non refundable. (I HAD 3 neptune orders too...)

Can you please blow mine also? It was not a hard work, I think you're able to do too...  Wink

About yelling.

I am sorry for yelling. I wont yell again.

I understand that we dont have to react to any manufacturer's shit.
They understand themselves that there is a problem with their products and they resolve everything immediately.

Is that what you mean?

Half-Half. They have to know about problems, I told this before. But you can give feedback on normal way...

If a company wants to stay here not for only 3 months they HAVE to resolve everything immediately. As I see Bitmain is the most flexible these days. Maybe they communication is far from good, but you get a working product, price adjustments etc...

Sorry but i don't need more then working product at normal price. That is all.

End of all: Show me an other company to order hardware now. Can you?

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

No quite the contrary, and I hope people here can read and see the real deal, and i think you are refering to GAW miners not gridseed.

I have nothing to do with gridseed or GAW miners , except that i bought some gear from them and have only praised their customer support and been a totally satisfied customer as most if not all Gawminers customers have....forgive me for giving someone props for being different than all the other crooks out there.

Unlike most people here who only compalin about the bad, i also praise the good. Whe some company does right by me whoever they are, then i will give them the respect they deserve, and when someone shits all over me, and sells me crap and wont budge on helping me sort it out, i will say F-U to them and "assault" them as you say.  It would be the same if it was Amazon or Newegg I am not biased, only honest.

I wish I owned Gawminers or even worked there, 1. because I would be rich as hell, and 2. cause then I could say I am part of something different from what seems to be the norm here with these vendors shitting all over their customers.

I've actually said in a bunch of my posts as a discalimer that i do not work for GAW but if they offered me a job i would take it in a heartbeat.

As far as licking nutsacks, Bitmain should be licking ours for giving him free money for crap that doesnt work instead of $400 coupons to buy more crap.

I would have bought the 1TH/s miner from Gaw they now have listed on their site if hey had it available before i bought the S2, as i wanted a 1TH/s miner and Bitmain seemed to have a good reputation, and since I also have 5 - S1 units running solid for a while now, and based on that i figured the product must be good.

I am actually ordering the 1TH/s miner from GAW and im sure if there are any issues with it, they would handle it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tiimes better and more proffesionaly than bitmains crapy support. (did i add enough zero's? not sure, i may need some more)

So dont assume you think you know something whe actually you know jack shit.

If you had a company and sold gear to people and everything worked well, or if a problem arose and you went out of your way to help get it resolved I guess I would "lick your nutsack" too.  well probably not, but would definetly say good things about you.

GAW is nothing but a reseller...selling GRIDSEED products so wtf do they have to do with anything?  They also sell bitmain hardware but I guess since you love them soooo much it's OK for them to do it.  Maybe it's you who doesn't know as much as you think you do.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:27:42 PM

I had a plug trip last night and was faced with the S2 "blue screen of death" after restarting. I just ejected the SD card and pushed it back in and it booted up no problem after that, no need for re-imaging  Huh
wow! impressive, you must have gotten one of the magical units then..I wish I got one of those Smiley

You are a lucky man!
You've obviously not seen the pics of what it looked like when it arrived and what I've done to get it up to 1TH/s  Wink

In all fairness, for the amount of bashing the unit took, I'm still surprised that it works at all, props to bitmain for producing a tough miner in the end. A lot, if not most units seem to have arrived in working condition, even batch 1 units before the foam was added on the lid. I wouldn't blame the 'monkeys' that put it on the plane, it's more likely the local branches handling them badly or there would be a lot more pics up here.

I really think a "this side up" sticker could have made a difference for those of us who have received train-wrecks and I think it's a tiny extra cost for bitmain to pay for such an expensive, fragile item Roll Eyes

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

Hi, shipping and handling are included in the S2 price?

W_M
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:54:58 PM

Hi, shipping and handling are included in the S2 price?

W_M
Yep, all included, same process as the S1.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:02:22 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 08:23:45 AM by dogie

you are joking right? tell you what, next time you go buy a new car, just let the guy on the forecourt take it home to his wife, 3 kids and 2 drooling dogs for a few weeks first.

I can't believe you seriously said that. please keep whatever you are smoking, to yourself.
Huh Why wouldn't it be fine to premine if you're buying hardware with a confirmed delivery date rather than a preorder? At least you know it works.

ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:02:29 PM

I posted it in another thread...but hope it's relevant here as well... Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409701.msg6510524#msg6510524
Minerstore

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:00:46 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 08:45:23 PM by Minerstore

Hi Everyone,

We have been working with Bitmain as a reseller to get a web store set up for customers to purchase their products with cred/debit card and have products shipped from Denver, CO. Check us out, we opened for business today! www.minerstore.com. We have the S2 in stock, ships ASAP from Denver. We also allow picking up in person, and you can pay in person too!

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: