Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 [644] 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260006 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:45:17 PM

I have (10) SP 31s that I purchased in late February, 2015.  I'm taking BTC offers on the batch of all 10. I'd like to sell the entire lot, together.  Work perfectly. Selling due to an over order and limited power availability.  Message me offers if interested.

You should post this in the Computer Hardware Marketplace - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0 with some details (pictures, location, escrow, etc. etc.)

Cheers

Multiple people have done this.   This thread is not a buy/sell thread. 

It's for information about the hardware and company but sadly people have been spamming with this stuff.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrhelpful
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:06:10 PM

Someone pointed out a merger happening?

So whos the other company thats merging with spoondoolies, I`m so out of the loop. I`m trying to go back but this thread just seems to stack with people wanting to sell units in a indirect way to get more pm`s.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:15:55 PM

So whos the other company thats merging with spoondoolies, I`m so out of the loop. I`m trying to go back but
but...you forgot to go a few pages back and read up.  That's okay.  Start here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg11222700#msg11222700

Sine(X)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:09:43 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-company-spondoolies-tech-made-28-million-last-year/

28M$ is a serious result. I think it was about 40Phs
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:29:54 PM

They are the smart company who decided to make money on just hardware and not self mining.

Most companies are more in it for all of it...  At this point you can't do so.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:32:53 PM

They are a very smart company.  And also a great producer of gear in the past.   I have no doubt their next chip will be impressive.    Hopefully they make a version we are able to buy.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:55:13 PM

They are the smart company who decided to make money on just hardware and not self mining.

I guess you didn't hear the news yet. Self mining (or transaction validation, which is clearly just PR) is what they (Spondoolies) are focused on now with the merger with Bitcoinshop, an OTC company.
IF they go back to the good old days of just selling miners-I would be all for it.
Sine(X)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:01:57 PM

I guess you didn't hear the news yet. Self mining (or transaction validation, which is clearly just PR) is what they (Spondoolies) are focused on now with the merger with Bitcoinshop, an OTC company.
IF they go back to the good old days of just selling miners-I would be all for it.

Did you see the source of this news? Perhaps it's just an advertisement.
Spondoolies indeed is a nice company, but their popularity was when home mining was dead and network hashrate didn't grow significantly.
Powell

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:16:14 PM

Most companies are more in it for all of it...  At this point you can't do so.

Welcome to the IT world...  They build the hardware and BTCShop mines with it.  No need to sell to the public at that point.  They make money still on it.

Home mining is slowly but surely dying unless its a hobby deal...  And every idiot thinking BTC will die because of that needs to realize unless there is a major corporate backing your currency will fail in the public eye.  One smaller forum can't change the world.  lol.

Edit: And also as far as reading so many post on hardware that I've personally owned and had no problems with...  I would never want to sell to the public as a btc hardware producer.  I private entity or two with people who know what they are doing would be the best way.  I often wonder how some people who post on this forum are able to breath on their own or how they haven't burned down anything LOL.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:28:02 PM

...how some people who post on this forum are able to breath on their own or how they haven't burned down anything LOL.

Marshmallow roast?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
judypug1956

Activity: 355
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:31:18 PM

Welcome to the IT world...  They build the hardware and BTCShop mines with it.  No need to sell to the public at that point.  They make money still on it.

Home mining is slowly but surely dying unless its a hobby deal...  And every idiot thinking BTC will die because of that needs to realize unless there is a major corporate backing your currency will fail in the public eye.  One smaller forum can't change the world.  lol.

Edit: And also as far as reading so many post on hardware that I've personally owned and had no problems with...  I would never want to sell to the public as a btc hardware producer.  I private entity or two with people who know what they are doing would be the best way.  I often wonder how some people who post on this forum are able to breath on their own or how they haven't burned down anything LOL.

Never fails to impress me that about 1/3 of miners only know maximum overclock as the way to mine.  May have been a good way when diff was jumping 30%.  But with diff under 5% not so good.

1956jUdYPFwiBSzt9AECdWj3KE4WV7taiM I can't do 1957philma.. for btc address the i are not allowed This is a secondary account for Philipma1957, don't do business with this account deal with philipma1957
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:40:48 PM

Never fails to impress me that about 1/3 of miners only know maximum overclock as the way to mine.  May have been a good way when diff was jumping 30%.  But with diff under 5% not so good.

I have found underclock buttons.... it does make a difference and is very nice on SP gear.  It all depends on the cost of your electricity, but for me I make more with going for efficient not highest possible speed (assuming not a special on nicehash or something with huge spike in price).

I'm suprised how often the burning is brought up.  We really know very very little of what happened.  The owners kept it pretty quiet.   Do you know how many data centers for btc have some SP gear?  Lots... most will have a SP gear that is built for rack mining SP30, SP35, etc.   How many burnt down... one.... this tells us that one might have had some issues such as heat, wiring, we honestly don't know.  Unless I missed some release on info.
Powell

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:05:56 PM

I have found underclock buttons.... it does make a difference and is very nice on SP gear.  It all depends on the cost of your electricity, but for me I make more with going for efficient not highest possible speed (assuming not a special on nicehash or something with huge spike in price).

I'm suprised how often the burning is brought up.  We really know very very little of what happened.  The owners kept it pretty quiet.   Do you know how many data centers for btc have some SP gear?  Lots... most will have a SP gear that is built for rack mining SP30, SP35, etc.   How many burnt down... one.... this tells us that one might have had some issues such as heat, wiring, we honestly don't know.  Unless I missed some release on info.

You like many others miss the point here...  SP hardware was designed for a datacenter (SP20 being for home mining) but look at just about every other hardware on the market...  I've seen some of the most hack job wiring (on PSU and on house power itself....), way to keep the hardware is kept, ventilation, etc... 

But you are right not many have burned down it's just scary as shit to look at some of this.
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:44:04 PM

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for this, but I'm still unable to get my SP20s to work with Extranonce subscription on West/NiceHash if the pricing option is set.
If I leave the password field blank, it works and shows the green check.  If I set a price limit, it works but without Extranonce.
I have Extranonce subscription enabled on the SP20 (option 2) and using the latest non beta firmware.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:25:46 PM

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for this, but I'm still unable to get my SP20s to work with Extranonce subscription on West/NiceHash if the pricing option is set.
If I leave the password field blank, it works and shows the green check.  If I set a price limit, it works but without Extranonce.
I have Extranonce subscription enabled on the SP20 (option 2) and using the latest non beta firmware.

Are you using the right url?  Example: stratum+tcp://scrypt..westhash.com:PORT_NUM/#xnsub

You need that last part.   Plus have it turned on.  It should work.  Can you take a screenshot of it being set and also pool config?
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:22:10 AM

Are you using the right url?  Example: stratum+tcp://scrypt..westhash.com:PORT_NUM/#xnsub

You need that last part.   Plus have it turned on.  It should work.  Can you take a screenshot of it being set and also pool config?

There's no slash needed.

stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3334#xnsub
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 01:00:33 AM

There's no slash needed.

stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3334#xnsub

Thank you for correction!  Had been a while since I used it i was going off of: https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=software#asic  which shows it being used.

It's been a while since I mined there.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 09:18:16 PM

Finally, my Mycelium Entropy is on it's way Smiley

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:51:59 AM

Finally, my Mycelium Entropy is on it's way Smiley

I've had mine for a month or so now.  Very nice and handy.
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:43:07 AM

As many suppliers as there is today for just about anything you wouldn't think it would be that much trouble. However it seems that it is so application specific there is no need for anyone to supply it to the public. I wasn't planing on salvaging anything to get a fix, and the time to do it all.

Anyway, I do appreciate the replies. It looks like I need to get more aggressive and try to clean out the melted plastic with more than a paper clip.

I believe I have some of these on hand.  If you want, and I still have some, I can dig one out for you.

If you don't mind, shoot me a PM if you have one.  Thanks.

I am still open for trade on this unit. 1:1 shipped in US.

I'd just like to say thank you to all that gave me suggestions on where to find/salvage a 90 female PCI-e connector helping me fix this. A HUGE THANK YOU to dropt for sending me a fresh replacement that has made this unit hash as it once was. It's people like him and anyone that goes out of their way to lending a helping hand to other members that really make this a great community.

Cheers!

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Pages: « 1 ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 [644] 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: