Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260006 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:03:01 AM

We fad to add limitations for 110V for FCC compliance.
Since we are open source SW you can of course override FCC compliance at your responsibility.
I will post the guidelines on how to do that (at your responsibility) in a couple of days (we have the Passover tomorrow).

Is this only an RFI issue or could the higher current draw also be a safety issue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:19:21 AM

Since we are open source SW you can of course override FCC compliance at your responsibility.
I will post the guidelines on how to do that (at your responsibility) in a couple of days (we have the Passover tomorrow).

Is this only an RFI issue or could the higher current draw also be a safety issue?

It's a safety issue. We won't post such guidelines to comply with the regulations.
Under 110V, the miner is designed to give a bit less than 1.4 TH/s with ~0.8 W/Gh/s ratio.
Well within the published 1.4 TH/s +- 10% in our web site.

Since we open source everything, you may select to change the firmware yourself, but it will void the warranty and we can't take responsibility for it.

Guy

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:24:32 AM

It's a safety issue. We won't post such guidelines to comply with the regulations.
Under 110V, the miner is designed to give a bit less than 1.4 TH/s with ~0.8 W/Gh/s ratio.

Since we open source everything, you may select to change the firmware yourself, but it will void the warranty and we can't take responsibility for it.

Guy

To clarify, i never change/modify the firmware. All my SP10s come with 1.2.7 which doesnt have the power limit.

Anyway, i'm having 240v wires setup next week. Which was my plan anyway, since 240v is more efficient .
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:31:56 AM

Guy

To clarify, i never change/modify the firmware. All my SP10s come with 1.2.7 which doesnt have the power limit.

Anyway, i'm having 240v wires setup next week. Which was my plan anyway, since 240v is more efficient .

Understood.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:01:23 AM

Customer machine in our DC, rock steady hash-rate

frisco

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:42:42 AM

Customer machine in our DC, rock steady hash-rate

I can confirm that's our machine.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:47:18 AM

For new Spondoolies miners, what firmware does yours come with?
Please let us know about your Hashrate and what mode you're running.

Beware of the latest FW 1.2.32. I upgraded from 1.2.7 and my hashrate is quite lower (below 1.3THs, even in Turbo mode). I hope someone from Spondoolies can explain and provide instruction of rolling back the FW.

Hi all
Looks like we will have to test 1.2.32 again.

Because it's late night here we will do quick rollback in FW upgrade server.
If you update now you will get version 1.2.31, that has older cgminer.
It will always notify you of "availible FW upgrade", just ignore it (if you update you will get 1.2.31 again).

Please let us know if 1.2.31 has the same performance problem like 1.2.32.
Also, are there people here that manage to run 1.2.32 without problems except myself?

I upgraded to 1.2.32 and i'm on 220v-230v and everything is ok for me. I'm getting 1460-1480GH/s on Normal mode. Maybe there is a temperature issue?

SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:00:06 AM

I upgraded to 1.2.32 and i'm on 220v-230v and everything is ok for me. I'm getting 1460-1480GH/s on Normal mode. Maybe there is a temperature issue?

Please see here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg6208079#msg6208079

After clearing up on this issue, we have restored back the upgrade to serve the latest 1.2.32 version with CGMiner 4.x.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:00:20 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 04:21:25 AM by Spondoolies-Tech

You have been asking us lately to offer more options when it came to payments on pre-orders.

We want you to be able to secure the best units for future mining, while keeping your own risks at checks.

Starting today and only in April we are offering new and improved payment terms!

1.      40% in advance, 60% when your unit is ready for shipment

2.      40% in advance, 60% converted into Bitcoin and paid when the unit is ready for shipment.

3.      10% discount for upfront payment

These options allow you to better protect yourselves against changes in the Bitcoin exchange rate.

Think the Bitcoin value is going to drop? Chose the second option and convert the reminder of your payment to Bitcoin in today’s value.

Think the value will rise? Choose to pay your reminder in US dollars.

We will record whichever option you choose and charge you accordingly. On payment of the 60%, you can still choose to pay with Bitcoin, US dollars, or Euros. We will convert the amount in our record to the desired payment methods.

These options will now be available when purchasing a single Yukon unit or the 3 X SP30 Farmer's choice deal.

Example:

Current Bitcoin value is 1 BTC = $440. The average exchange rate over the two weeks prior to delivery is 1 BTC = $100. If you purchase the farmers choice at $20,995 you will pay 40% in advance which are $8,398.

You chose the first option
The reminder 60% which are $12,597 are stored in our records and emailed to you. Before your shipment is ready you will be asked to pay this amount and can choose to pay it in US dollars, Euros, or Bitcoin. If you choose Bitcoin and the new exchange rate is 1 BTC = $100 you will be asked to pay 125.97 BTC.
What happens if the value of Bitcoin raises to 1 BTC = 1000$? Well, in that case if you chose to pay with Bitcoin you only need to pay 12.597 BTC.

You chose the second option
We convert the reminder 60% which are $12,597 to Bitcoin using the current exchange rate. This leaves 28.63 BTC to be paid before shipping.
As before, you can chose to pay with Bitcoin, US dollars or Euros. With the exchange rate given in this example, this will translate into only $2,863

We believe this is a great tool for you to insure yourself against changes in the exchange rate and rolls most of the risk back to us.

Do you prefer a simpler method with one payment? No problem, you can always take the 10% discount and know that you are covered in any case.

All options are available in a drop down menu in the products page:

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/3-x-sp30-yukon-august-batch

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp30-yokon

The options can be found right above the "Add to cart" button:

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:14:57 PM

We'll be offline for the next few hours.
If you have questions, we'll reply later.

spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:33:52 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 03:48:42 PM by spiccioli

We're working to secure more locations (e.g. Iceland)

If you don't know them yet, you can ask to advania.com, they have good prices, I had a rack reserved with them in case BitMine.ch delivered... Sad

spiccioli

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:46:46 PM

looks like we finally have a legit asic maker with good hardware and does what it says, no bs. good job!

however i think you need to improve the price, understand you want to keep the margin high but mining hardware is a rapid depreciating business overtime. 3-6 months from now your margin is guaranteed to erode significantly, so better off with a lower margin/price now(while still much higher than what it will be in 6 months) to make it attractive and drive higher sales NOW.

cex.io May is at 0.004btc/gh, that's $2576 for same 1.4TH (0.004btc*1400GH*460usd). Add on 10% premium for their maintenance fee(the other 10% is just same electricity), you looking at $2800 - risk free mining with the ability for instant unloading to btc.

Your may 1.4 TH unit is at $4000 (using the 2unit pricing), and that's not including hosting + risk of hardware issues/downtime.

Anyway to slice it, i just cant bring myself to order this vs buying cex.io shares.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:49:14 PM

looks like we finally have a legit asic maker with good hardware and does what it says, no bs. good job!

however i think you need to improve the price, understand you want to keep the margin high but mining hardware is a rapid depreciating business overtime. 3-6 months from now your margin is guaranteed to erode significantly, so better off with a lower margin/price now(while still much higher than what it will be in 6 months) to make it attractive and drive higher sales NOW.

cex.io May is at 0.004btc/gh, that's $2576 for same 1.4TH (0.004btc*1400GH*460usd). Add on 10% premium for their maintenance fee(the other 10% is just same electricity), you looking at $2800 - risk free mining. 

Your may 1.4 TH unit is at $4000 (using the 2unit pricing), and that's not including hosting + risk of hardware issues/downtime.

Anyway to slice it, i just cant bring myself to order this vs buying cex.io shares.

hmm.. cloud hosting eh? nowhere near as much fun! gimme that rig for the wintertime - it's c,c,c,cold in Scotland.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 06:11:05 PM

cex.io May is at 0.004btc/gh, that's $2576 for same 1.4TH (0.004btc*1400GH*460usd). Add on 10% premium for their maintenance fee(the other 10% is just same electricity), you looking at $2800 - risk free mining. 

hmm.. cloud hosting eh? nowhere near as much fun! gimme that rig for the wintertime - it's c,c,c,cold in Scotland.

no it's not Smiley but i am just looking at the numbers.  I had 4x antminer running during winter, it does keep you nice and warm lol

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:18:39 PM

no it's not Smiley but i am just looking at the numbers.  I had 4x antminer running during winter, it does keep you nice and warm lol

actually, gimme that rig for the summertime too, it really is that cold here...
however, i thought i was saving a fortune last winter, rig on pumping warm air through the house, decided not to put the heating on - guess what, frozen water in the heating pipes. I won't be making that mistake again!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

If we do hosting with you and then choose we no longer want to use your hosting will you ship us the unit  for just the cost of shipping? Do you have any plans for leasing rigs and using your hosting?
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:27:32 PM

I guess more "investors" are needed for the Boden facility(http://thenodepole.com/2014/02/06/knc-miner-to-build-10-mw-datacenter-in-the-node-pole/):

https://www.kncminer.com/products/neptune-thrid-batch
https://www.kncminer.com/products/mini-neptune-third-batch

Questions for you:
- What's 1 month after Q2/Q3 ?
- Why the change of policy regarding refunds ?

It's sad.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:31:19 PM

If we do hosting with you and then choose we no longer want to use your hosting will you ship us the unit  for just the cost of shipping?
Yes
Do you have any plans for leasing rigs and using your hosting?
Not at the moment.

The plans are:
- Buy and Ship
- Buy and Host in Israel and then Ship (at the end of term)
- Buy and Ship and then Host abroad

Maybe we'll add more plans in the future.

tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:14:00 AM

If we do hosting with you and then choose we no longer want to use your hosting will you ship us the unit  for just the cost of shipping?
Yes
Do you have any plans for leasing rigs and using your hosting?
Not at the moment.

The plans are:
- Buy and Ship
- Buy and Host in Israel and then Ship (at the end of term)
- Buy and Ship and then Host abroad

Maybe we'll add more plans in the future.

Thanks for the reply.
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:23:19 AM

How comes I have missed this company.

Is it legit or a scam? :-)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: