Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:47:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:47:57 PM

Investing on the belief that the value of the investment may go up significantly doesn't necessarily mean it is "pump and dump" (even if 90% of the altcoin threads basically are this).

Apart from random speculation, my interests in this are:
 - The code base/architecture upon which Qora is being built may turn out to be more flexible for future developments than Nxt, even if the plans at launch offer no concrete advantages
 - The stewardship of the Nxt codebase appears fine now, but who knows what it will be like in 12 months
 - A fatal flaw might be found in Nxt and all its (near-)copycats. Even if independently developed coins like Qora have no unique features at present, it would leave the crypto community with options. Eggs/baskets/etc.

Why do Audi sell cars if VW ones are perfectly good for the job?

Thank you for sharing your interests. As it seems they a different from mine.

VW and Audi are companies. They need to make money and they copy as hell.
Nxt and Bitcoin were not supposed to do that. They are supposed to be platforms. There is actually no need to copy them, especially not conceptually.

The only reason I see why people continue creating coins are: to get a piece of the cake. I fail to see why I should support that. I would rather see them working on existing platforms, increasing the user-base and education Average Joes IF they do not come up with an innovative idea that is worth yet another blockchain, and yet another network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:51:39 PM

Investing on the belief that the value of the investment may go up significantly doesn't necessarily mean it is "pump and dump" (even if 90% of the altcoin threads basically are this).

Apart from random speculation, my interests in this are:
 - The code base/architecture upon which Qora is being built may turn out to be more flexible for future developments than Nxt, even if the plans at launch offer no concrete advantages
 - The stewardship of the Nxt codebase appears fine now, but who knows what it will be like in 12 months
 - A fatal flaw might be found in Nxt and all its (near-)copycats. Even if independently developed coins like Qora have no unique features at present, it would leave the crypto community with options. Eggs/baskets/etc.

Why do Audi sell cars if VW ones are perfectly good for the job?

Nxt and Bitcoin were not supposed to do that. They are supposed to be platforms. There is actually no need to copy them, especially not conceptually.

The only reason I see why people continue creating coins are: to get a piece of the cake. I fail to see why I should support that. I would rather see them working on existing platforms, increasing the user-base and education Average Joes IF they do not come up with an innovative idea that is worth yet another blockchain, and yet another network.

Its not that simple. I'm an investor in NXT but I struggle to use and see the system as user friendly for the masses. Apart from Bitcoin that does have some flaws there is clearly room for a system that might have similar functions but puts it together in a way that the masses can use and we can see mass adoption. WE are very early in the age of Digital currencies. The field is very much open. This is all about who will inspire mass adoption, so far even Bitcoin is a tiny, tiny fraction of money movement in the world.
notsoshifty

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:12:40 PM

Indeed, they perhaps differ just a little.

I'm happy that the environment allows people to develop alternative ideas in whatever way they see fit and are able. I support innovation in the form of truly new ideas, but also if existing ideas are reimplemented in a different way.

Bitcoin and Nxt aren't perfect. There are flaws, and we don't know them all yet. Didn't someone find a tiny bug in OpenSSL recently?

eli_lyd1

Activity: 422

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:19:35 PM

Indeed, they perhaps differ just a little.

I'm happy that the environment allows people to develop alternative ideas in whatever way they see fit and are able. I support innovation in the form of truly new ideas, but also if existing ideas are reimplemented in a different way.

Bitcoin and Nxt aren't perfect. There are flaws, and we don't know them all yet. Didn't someone find a tiny bug in OpenSSL recently?

I think the btc , nxt, or qora are just experiments, we must try, and  to make a better one.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:14:21 PM

IMPORTANT!

Anon136 has not kept track of which transaction belongs to which bitcointalk account. Everyone that invested through Anon136 needs to contact me and provide me with proof that they are the owner of the transaction!

Ok I will contact you. In this topic and with PM.

Sent you also a PM.

Hi Anon!! Hope you're doing well Smiley

I sent 1.02BTC for QORA

Tx ID: 64796519b6109608e6337ea8f305a997ee571e4ea74809d37f7e05291677bdbf

https://blockchain.info/tx/64796519b6109608e6337ea8f305a997ee571e4ea74809d37f7e05291677bdbf

My Address: 1Ls3wjK6AZ48umFZWpcYTrNVSNq5ZGUPTv

Please confirm

Thanks in advance

This is the message I sent to Anon, which he confirmed:

sounds good.

I can also sign a message or send a small amount again if needed.

EDIT: I signed my address:

@qora:  address: 1Ls3wjK6AZ48umFZWpcYTrNVSNq5ZGUPTv
           signature: H0V+xhYHlEIZ7YHrCPeVSN6JPAKEuYjhh8aE+eAdJZHI+yVr61UhG35Az4xc+JiW+oykkXYLAoOUAx8xnzFriWA=

quoting just to proove qora that I am the owner of the address and I sent Anon 1.02 BTC

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:29:40 PM

Became strange work and I deleted the folder "data" and "wallet" and again executed command importAccountSeed. In the tab "Naming Service" lost all my names.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:31:28 PM

quoting just to proove qora that I am the owner of the address and I sent Anon 1.02 BTC

I would like your opinion on...   

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6281336#msg6281336

Hmmm that really puzzles me.. I guess Anon could give the btt usernames to qora, don't know why qora asked us instead of him..

What do you think?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
ChuckOne

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:35:12 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 03:56:59 PM by ChuckOne

So, nobody uses OpenSSL anymore? Nobody uses the general concept of OpenSSL anymore? I doubt it.
ChuckOne

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

Its not that simple. I'm an investor in NXT but I struggle to use and see the system as user friendly for the masses. Apart from Bitcoin that does have some flaws there is clearly room for a system that might have similar functions but puts it together in a way that the masses can use and we can see mass adoption. WE are very early in the age of Digital currencies. The field is very much open. This is all about who will inspire mass adoption, so far even Bitcoin is a tiny, tiny fraction of money movement in the world.

That is the difference between protocols, networks and user interfaces. The latter is for the masses, the former two are for a solid foundation.

Maybe, somebody could explain to me why Average Joe knowing nothing about Congestion Avoidance and Traffic Control yet is able to use Chrome.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

That is the difference between protocols, networks and user interfaces. The latter is for the masses, the former two are for a solid foundation.

Maybe, somebody could explain to me why Average Joe knowing nothing about Congestion Avoidance and Traffic Control yet is able to use Chrome.

Clearly there is a battle for dominance in this market. The underlying system does have an influence on what people perceive is the best system even if its told to them by experts. People don't really understand how Bitcoin works but after 5 mins they can see people can see their transactions so they arent anonomous and they must wait a few minutes before they can send safely Bitcoin. NXT transfers in an instant, as does Ripple, innovation is coming as new protocols are coded.

But if you think the battle for dominant system that the masses might be using in 10 years time is as its already decided? I would love to know what you think it is?

Why not go out into the street and ask the first person you see and ask them if they are using Bitcoin or NXT for their digital transactions. Like I said its an open field, we don't know what protocol or network the average person will be using years from now...if any.

In Crypto people love to use the analogy of FB and Myspace, but I think a better one is Windows VS Mac O.S. Because certain decisions high up in Buisness way away from the consumer meant Microsoft won because they got the licence for PC's. Its this kind of unknown that is being battled not at the consumer level but at the developer level that will influence the future for Crypto I believe.
cawson

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

IMPORTANT!

Anon136 has not kept track of which transaction belongs to which bitcointalk account. Everyone that invested through Anon136 needs to contact me and provide me with proof that they are the owner of the transaction!

Sent you also a PM.

ipo qora
« Sent to: Anon136 on: April 14, 2014, 11:18:17 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete  
Hi Anon,

1.02 BTC sent for escrow from Blockchain.info. 1Bi6iU52aDecVy25TmrqU7VqB8yJhYWW5p

Tx ID: a5b6f7a167ee50c01fc17246ebd8b88400dfbec613ac06f42d05b479b3f143fa

please confirmed!
   thanks!
Re: ipo qora
« Sent to: cawson on: April 14, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete  
sounds good.

thankyou and goodluck!
ChuckOne

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:06:30 PM

Me, too. Even the re-implementation idea is good.

Re-implementing a library is acceptable because libraries can be exchanged for another easily by almost everybody.

In case of a network, it is not re-implementing. It is re-creating a complete new ecosystem using its own resources. One does not simply substitute each Nxt node by a Qora node AND having the complete user base transferred.
ChuckOne

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:32:07 PM

Clearly there is a battle for dominance in this market. The underlying system does have an influence on what people perceive is the best system even if its told to them by experts. People don't really understand how Bitcoin works but after 5 mins they can see people can see their transactions so they arent anonomous and they must wait a few minutes before they can send safely Bitcoin. NXT transfers in an instant, as does Ripple, innovation is coming as new protocols are coded.

But if you think the battle for dominant system that the masses might be using in 10 years time is as its already decided? I would love to know what you think it is?

Why not go out into the street and ask the first person you see and ask them if they are using Bitcoin or NXT for their digital transactions. Like I said its an open field, we don't know what protocol or network the average person will be using years from now...if any.

Exactly, that is why I ask why I should support his particular one here? It adds nothing new to the protocol and network part of cryptocurrencies. At least, nobody could tell me one thing until now. So, I would like to see my resources invested in hardening and refining existing protocols and networks until somebody has a unique idea that is unable to be implemented in Nxt or Bitcoin.

That was all of my personal investment. You asked about my opinion whether that battle you described is settled:

I cannot forecast the future. However, I conceive real PoS (in the sense of Nxt, not in the sense of PPC or NVC) is the biggest leap forward for the cryptocurrency community. Everything new has to offer even more benefits and that is going to be real challenge in my opinion. With real PoS, we removed one big if not the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin: wasting energy unnecessarily.

What is next? StorageCoin could be such thing as it offers real benefits (still on the infrastructure level), but they deliberately rely on Nxt for the consensus mechanism.

What about those neat features in Nxt (Asset Exchange, Voting System, Monetary System, Lending/Borrowing, to name a few)? That is because of the Nxt community. It has nothing to do with the technology as such. Compared to Bitcoin, the Nxt community is more flexible and more open. Nobody can tell whether the Nxt community will be as conservative as Bitcoin's is today. Right now, Nxt is the place where innovation is happening ON TOP of it. We simply do not need yet another blockchain to implement our ideas because Nxt allows it out of the box.
ChuckOne

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:35:46 PM

In Crypto people love to use the analogy of FB and Myspace, but I think a better one is Windows VS Mac O.S. Because certain decisions high up in Buisness way away from the consumer meant Microsoft won because they got the licence for PC's. Its this kind of unknown that is being battled not at the consumer level but at the developer level that will influence the future for Crypto I believe.

Interesting analogy. I need to think about that.

From this perspective, Etherium should be the winner as several big businesses are involved IIRC.
qora (OP)

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:10:57 PM

Became strange work and I deleted the folder "data" and "wallet" and again executed command importAccountSeed. In the tab "Naming Service" lost all my names.

That shouldn't happen I will look into it.

I believe that the features of cryptocurrencies will not decide which one will survive and which one not.
Some features will become useless and some will become standard in all cryptocurrencies.
I believe that at the end the most documented/user-friendly cryptocurrency will dominate.
Getting to this point might still take a few years.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:40:52 PM

Ok I will contact you. In this topic and with PM.

I understand why one would want to notify qora confirming ownership of a specific tx just to be safe...  but when Anon136 releases the BTC it will be a different tx anyway...  thus we need to make sure that Anon136 will inform qora which bitcointalk username is associated with each release.

Am I missing something?    Undecided

@Anon136

Please comment...  it needs to be clear how you are planning to inform qora in regard to ownership (e.g. bitcointalk username) of each release.  For example...  we could sign a message (you can provide the template) with our bitcointalk username/Qora address...  which you will then pass on to qora.

Edit:  That's IF we actually get to that phase and you don't get stuck processing a bunch of refunds like for Edgecoin...   ROFLMAO!    Grin

Exactly. Anon doesn't even refund without you singing a transaction. Why would we need to prove something to somebody. Anon knows his business, let the man make it his way.

Sarkan

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:43:26 PM

Anybody want a refund from Qora? I'm interested in buying your invesmnet. I think Qora will allow it since he's ready to make refunds.
qora (OP)

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:53:32 PM

Exactly. Anon doesn't even refund without you singing a transaction. Why would we need to prove something to somebody. Anon knows his business, let the man make it his way.

I know that when you want to release the transaction you need to proof ownership.
It is just easier to manage everything if we know which transactions belongs to which bitcointalk account before the release.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:27:15 PM

I know that when you want to release the transaction you need to proof ownership.
It is just easier to manage everything if we know which transactions belongs to which bitcointalk account before the release.

What if some people want to stay anonymous? It's pretty clear that I'm an investor, but it might not work for everybody.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hi y'all. Dzarmush's here.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1HyvPpAnmLpg5zLnR9k5dUDQfzi8ENWAdi
IBpJtan74W2H5LvEN0My5e8RVJLsIlCMRxcGDYIgzvzBTNQtwOZ3WwWtzw/WduMLTrdfBaI99qFgrlVCo+a/+Fg=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

Could someone send me coins please? QSbZwKXLKCJAyBeFzNuRzFpVyce9zpqEtL

-

Quora, when I enter Debug I start receiving hundreds of messages:
aпp 18, 2014 4:45:17 PM c.e run
INFO: received message 7 from /162.243.170.76
aпp 18, 2014 4:45:17 PM c.e a
INFO: Sending message 6 to /162.243.170.76
aпp 18, 2014 4:45:17 PM c.e a
INFO: Sending message 6 to /162.243.170.76

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: