Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748203 times)
Vrontis

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 10:37:35 PM

Just a friendly reminder from my previous post

...and we definitely must avoid to became controversial.

gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:43:35 PM

Just a friendly reminder from my previous post

...and we definitely must avoid to became controversial.

I am not a we, I am an I.

If no one else calls an untrustworthy guy with a history of lying to warn US about him taking charge of wallet installers then yes, I will have to be controversial unless someone else more polite steps up to the plate. Cause I'm not sure letting somone walk in and teal lots of coins is a kind thing to do. It happened a lot with NXT, a new client opens up a new coin to this kind of thing. I would prefer someone else said something not me.  

After a day waiting, no one started a voting thread so I did. Please go there and join any discussion that comes up or just start one or just post to keep the thread visible. Its a small thing but people can help with small things like this. If we can't then I worry for this coin short term.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657357.0

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:54:05 PM

I am on block 8605, while blockexplorer is on 8516.

Am I on fork again? It happens all the time with my client. If yes then what files should I send to qora?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
fsonex

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:59:04 PM

I don't believe it's a fork, I just think the server the Block Explorer is pointing to is out of sync (happens to my node once in a while).  Many of the nodes in the node list are right up there with the block you are on.
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:14:37 PM

Anyone know what the guy trading on Polinex is trying to achieve?

Its one person as the trades are lumped together.

Lots of small sells get layered and then he buys everything up to high 50's like 59 sats.

Then a small buy is put in for low 50 like 52 sats and then the cycle repeats.

I guess they are trying to trade and manipulate in narrow band to get coins around 50-59 sats?

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 11:40:31 PM

I hereby declare - I QUIT!

You can make your own decisions, but I would like to challenge you.
As you mentioned the are teams divided in supporters and haters etc (there always be and their will always be until Batman arrives).
So the challenge is to build your own team, a development team with your knowledge and your ideas and the community will definitely see and watch your progress.
As far as I know this is a free market, right?
So, in the free markets everyone is acting with his motivation and make the best he can.
My motivation here was to contribute as much as I can in order to give in Qora the best that I can.This is what community means after all right?
In communities you are acting not because you will earn but because you will give.
So, it is up to you.Get involved with your own way and do the best you can or quit.

And here I would like to take the advantage and request from all the members in here that they want to contribute on Qora to publish their willing.

I don't know which sections are needed (a marketing, a development, a finance, a legal section etc.) but I would like to make a request to all the members that they want to involved to the community to start a "brain stoming period" for Qora's needs and have a community member's list with arranged tasks.

So, communities are build on their own due to their need to stand alive.When qora deliver's the source code we must be strong as a community and not divided, with projects running,cash flow for the community and active members who willing to get qora to the moon (and I mean to the moon).In order to have it as most transparent as we can it will preferable to have many contributors with equal rights.After all, we already have a voting system.
So please, someone, create a list (google form, a topic, whatever) and all of us that we want to get involved to state it in public.
Things like, where a user can contribute and what sections are needed may be the most important queries in this form.
Then, when the period of data collecting in that form ends it will be published and we will start proceed with commities and etc.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post

gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:46:22 PM

I hereby declare - I QUIT!

You can make your own decisions, but I would like to challenge you.
As you mentioned the are teams divided in supporters and haters etc (there always be and their will always be until Batman arrives).
So the challenge is to build your own team, a development team with your knowledge and your ideas and the community will definitely see and watch your progress.
As far as I know this is a free market, right?
So, in the free markets everyone is acting with his motivation and make the best he can.
My motivation here was to contribute as much as I can in order to give in Qora the best that I can.This is what community means after all right?
In communities you are acting not because you will earn but because you will give.
So, it is up to you.Get involved with your own way and do the best you can or quit.

And here I would like to take the advantage and request from all the members in here that they want to contribute on Qora to publish their willing.

I don't know which sections are needed (a marketing, a development, a finance, a legal section etc.) but I would like to make a request to all the members that they want to involved to the community to start a "brain stoming period" for Qora's needs and have a community member's list with arranged tasks.

So, communities are build on their own due to their need to stand alive.When qora deliver's the source code we must be strong as a community and not divided, with projects running,cash flow for the community and members willing to get qora to the moon (and I mean to the moon).In order to have it as most transparent as we can it will preferable to have many contributors with equal rights.After all, we already have a voting system.
So please, someone, create a list (google form, a topic, whatever) and all of us that we want to get involved to state it in public.
Things like, where a user can contribute and what sections are needed may be the most important queries in this form.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post

While I would of preferred a more voluntary organic community to of evolved, I think that bus has gone and we have to start assigning duties.

We do have some tasks assigned though. We need active members thats all I know.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:58:50 PM

Hmm... Ok, Interesting, bye.

Good! You got your wish granted.  Grin

I hereby declare - I QUIT!  I'm fed up with people like gorillajam, dzarmush, and their unruly gang of supporters. You have my word I will NEVER show up here again, not under QoraKnight or any other BTT account. For Qora's sake, I honestly hope the dev will make this thread self-moderated.

Great news! It'll pretty much clear the air.

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:04:52 AM

While I would of preferred a more voluntary organic community to of evolved, I think that bus has gone and we have to start assigning duties.

That's exactly what I am asking of.More people to be more active, to decide what Qora needs in order to build a living society.
More tasks, more concepts, more development, more people.We have an unofficial bounty list but what is next when those tasks finished?
This is what I want to mention and that's why I am making this invitation.
And sure, in a community you are involved in order to give.

PS : Buses has stops, people steps in, people steps out.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:20:25 AM

That's exactly what I am asking of.More people to be more active, to decide what Qora needs in order to build a living society.
More tasks, more concepts, more development, more people.We have an unofficial bounty list but what is next when those tasks finished?
This is what I want to mention and that's why I am making this invitation.
And sure, in a community you are involved in order to give.

PS : Buses has stops, people steps in, people steps out.

Vrontis, can you make a to do list? and then members can decide and choose what they can do and suite them best. thanks
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:33:46 AM

This excellent post by asic8tile from last month might be helpful:

If I were to manage a project like this I would consider these high-level tasks and sub-tasks.

Here are my suggestions for Tasks/Sub-tasks. Priority would have to be assigned by task/sub-task and then communicated through a forum/online project excel file to begin with.

1. Infrastructure/Security
1.1 Develop Testnet
1.2 Security Review
1.3 Connectivity Review
1.4 Develop Peer Nodes
1.5 Bug reporting portal

2. Wallet Development/Mobile
2.1Deterministic Wallet (possible)/Client Windows-Mac-Linux (1 reference client - use all programming resources to build 1 reference client for the moment) Qora has begun this.
2.2 List Current Features and Future - Development plan (add social capability to wallet to invite friends/invite via sharethis or other plugin)
2.3 BIP32 Deterministic Key Generator http://bip32.org/
2.4 Developers Priority List/Status (Bounty List as needed)

3. Website Development
3.1 Features (Specifications), Wiki, Blog, Login (to Deterministic Wallet?), Affiliates, Social Media, Business (p2b), Developers, Merchants, Voting, About, Team
3.2 Graphics Design
3.3 Social Media Plugins to introduce friends (type of sharethis plugin)

4. Business Development
4.1 Affiliates p2p/p2b
4.2 Add Decentralized Autonomous Organization Registration/List Decentralized Autonomous Software Development
4.3 Referral Links
4.4 Local Qora Buying with mobile
4.5 Develop Business Model
4.6 Exhanges (already on sharexcoin.com)

5. Marketing
5.1 Gorilla (intro cards to hand out locally, organize physical meetups, contact redbull and sponsor a crazy event, etc..)
5.2 Video Marketing
5.3 SEO/SEM
5.4 Signatures on BTT/CCT (already begun)
5.5 Conference Speakers
5.6 Social Media
5.7 Games

6. Finances
6.1 Add a Treasurer/Backup
6.2 Allocate Funds for Bounties (etc..)
6.3 Vote on New Features
6.4 Transparent Payments of Expenses
6.5 List expenses (enable functionality that would add one seed that would get more POS than all others for a limited time...) and use blockchain to add detail.

Please add to the list and forward to everyone as needed.

Regards
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:34:04 AM

-Qora client should warn user if new version is available.
For some reasons not many (if any...) alt coin wallets warn users.
This is very stupid since it would prevent users from possible hard forks.

-Hard fork prevention mechanism should be build in.
Outdated clients that can cause a hard fork should be stopped/blocked from sending/receiving coins.
Again, if I am correct there are no alt coin wallets out there that have something like that.
Very stupid !

-Recovery of "seed".
Multibit and Electrum give user the "seed" as long as user knows password.

For me above "features" are more important then a voting system.
(How often can a person vote, 1 vote per address Huh When you have a couple of thousand addresses you could easily make a poll useless...)

-More forum threads, currents thread is a mess, too many different topics.
Better to have own forum :
qora.club
Problem with with qora.club, current layout is terrible, better to go for more conventional layout.

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:54:48 AM

If I were to manage a project like this I would consider these high-level tasks and sub-tasks.

Here are my suggestions for Tasks/Sub-tasks. Priority would have to be assigned by task/sub-task and then communicated through a forum/online project excel file to begin with.

1.1 Develop Testnet
1.2 Security Review
1.3 Connectivity Review
1.4 Develop Peer Nodes
1.5 Bug reporting portal

2.1Deterministic Wallet (possible)/Client Windows-Mac-Linux (1 reference client - use all programming resources to build 1 reference client for the moment) Qora has begun this.
2.2 List Current Features and Future - Development plan (add social capability to wallet to invite friends/invite via sharethis or other plugin)

3. Website Development
3.1 Features (Specifications), Wiki, Blog, Login (to Deterministic Wallet?), Affiliates, Social Media, Business (p2b), Developers, Merchants, Voting, About, Team
3.2 Graphics Design

4. Business Development
4.1 Affiliates p2p/p2b
4.2 Add Decentralized Autonomous Organization Registration/List Decentralized Autonomous Software Development
4.3 Referral Links

5. Marketing
5.1 Gorilla (intro cards to hand out locally, organize physical meetups, contact redbull and sponsor a crazy event, etc..)
5.2 Video Marketing
5.3 SEO/SEM
5.5 Conference Speakers
5.6 Social Media
5.7 Games

6. Finances
6.3 Vote on New Features
6.5 List expenses (enable functionality that would add one seed that would get more POS than all others for a limited time...) and use blockchain to add detail.

Regards

This is brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can definitely start a serious discussion - brainstorming with this, make further additions and moving things forward !!!!
Thanks for re posting this great post from ASIC-8Tile.I have to say that I haven't finished reading the entire thread yet and didn't reach this one so far, so sorry if I am sound like I am yelling and sorry from all the people that they already working on projects.

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 01:10:29 AM

-Qora client should warn user if new version is available.
For some reasons not many (if any...) alt coin wallets warn users.
This is very stupid since it would prevent users from possible hard forks.

-Hard fork prevention mechanism should be build in.
Outdated clients that can cause a hard fork should be stopped/blocked from sending/receiving coins.
Again, if I am correct there are no alt coin wallets out there that have something like that.
Very stupid !

-Recovery of "seed".
Multibit and Electrum give user the "seed" as long as user knows password.

For me above "features" are more important then a voting system.
(How often can a person vote, 1 vote per address Huh When you have a couple of thousand addresses you could easily make a poll useless...)

-More forum threads, currents thread is a mess, too many different topics.
Better to have own forum :
qora.club
Problem with with qora.club, current layout is terrible, better to go for more conventional layout.

...and to continue with my though, the above list that Trololoh posted should be taken serious by community, the techdev, reply back and proceed with the new ideas. (i.e. the recovery of "seed" it may be a great addition).
We need to collect them somewhere and accordingly proceed with every single one of them.

BTW, I have to agree with the forum layout.It makes it difficult to contribute.

Is there any interest in a dedicated Qora forums website? I would be happy to spend time to set one up and run it. I would donate my time, but the hosting fees and DNS fees would cost real money.

Is this something the community fund is interested in providing a bounty for?

There already is one http://qora.club/ no one really uses it.
If no one use it , I will close it soon just for saving money.

Can we please rebuild the forum ?
A more usual forum board at the moment will be preferred.

Vrontis

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 01:31:56 AM

Vrontis, can you make a to do list? and then members can decide and choose what they can do and suite them best. thanks

I think we can start by preparing a Qora's devoted network where all of the above will take place, i.e. move some discussion to the Official Qora's forum where people will participate, asking for investors and donators to supply Qora's community with more liquidity, elect members and if possible hire developers (we don't know what qora will do after he finish this project, he may contribute further more, he may step away ...or do we know?), collecting needs, prioritize them and build the strongest community.
Let start i.e. assign to someone to create and handling a "bug reporting form" on google forms as ASIC-8Tile noted to drive bug reporting users there and make more comfortable the dev's life.Those tiny steps will drive Qora to the top.

eli_lyd1

Activity: 422

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:42:46 AM

Yes I am a java developer, but not a very good gui designer. I can achieve everything you said with Advanced Installer too ( including jre check and autodownload if java is missing). The advantage of my version would be a shortcut on the desktop and and real installation ( no need to unzip manually....many newbies have problems with it). But unfortunately don't know how to solve the trust issue....if qora has an advanced installer version i could prepare everything so that he just has to add the files and build an executable...but most likely he does not have the program.

Skerberus,

That's wonderful!!  Grin  You know eli_yd1 already has a Qora forum up and running (Qora.Club), maybe we can ask him to create a Developer's Section, so people who are interested in developing for Qora will have a place to discuss.

Having said that, I'm thinking maybe we can have a Development Support Team in support of Qora Dev.  Qora Dev can work on adding main features and core functionality, and we can work on minor tweaks (like having a secure forging mode for Qora client).

I've got a lot of ideas I'd like to share with you guys. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling here, but I'm hoping you and ASIC-8Tile will be able to join this Support Dev Team. Qora is a great project, and it can certainly use more people with the skills and technical know-how.  Smiley

PS: there are few possible free alternatives - 1) use launch4j to create a windows wallet for Qora, and use something else for MAC and Linux. We will publish different wallets for different platforms. 2) I am mostly a C++/C# kind of guy, and I'm thinking maybe we can write a new client for Qora from scratch in C# 3) Use JWS or other installation development program that is free.

I can create section for devs, only the devs can post on this section.
But I am worry no one will come to talk.
mobing

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:27:13 AM

I didn't get my Qora coin yet. What is wrong?

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy.TxYDJZDCkQKEP8dTtbZouA4b7G6Zuwi1zN
benyate

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:43:54 AM

1.1 Develop Testnet
1.2 Security Review
1.3 Connectivity Review
1.4 Develop Peer Nodes
1.5 Bug reporting portal

3. Website Development
3.2 Graphics Design

4. Business Development
4.1 Affiliates p2p/p2b
4.3 Referral Links

5. Marketing
5.2 Video Marketing
5.3 SEO/SEM
5.5 Conference Speakers
5.6 Social Media
5.7 Games

6. Finances
6.3 Vote on New Features

Regards

This is brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can definitely start a serious discussion - brainstorming with this, make further additions and moving things forward !!!!
Thanks for re posting this great post from ASIC-8Tile.I have to say that I haven't finished reading the entire thread yet and didn't reach this one so far, so sorry if I am sound like I am yelling and sorry from all the people that they already working on projects.

it is good idea!!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [D]ecentralized application [E]liminated third parties [C]ontent distribution
  █ DECENT FOUNDATION    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   JOIN NOW! ICO ⏰ 10th of September
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [E]ncrypted & secure         [N]o borders                  [T]imeless reputation
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:48:28 AM

What do you mean?Huh?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:36:03 AM

What do you mean?Huh?

I learnt to guess chinese folks by just signle comment Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: