Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:37:17 PM

Update from the QORA treasurer:

Screenshot of ALL transactions of the escrow account:

Final Balance: 3435010 QORA

Regards

What does it mean? The escrow received 3435010 Qora for his service?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:40:29 PM

Getting into more exchanges doesn't necessarily mean that the price will jump higher, except if it is a fiat exchange or an exchange with a huge volume.

Marketing and the unique features are what make Qora valuable, Qora deserves to be in the top 5 list imho.

It will happen eventually.

Marketing and the unique features
and open source,let people know it is not a clone,it is unique..

Open source it then we will know if it is a clone or not.

Right now what coin could qora possibly be a clone of?Huh??

People would say its a clone of NXT.

Some people simply wont trust a developer until they see it with their own eyes, its fair enough to some extent, but its highly unlikely at this point that it is a clone.

But many I think are just wanting the code to clone.
eeee12344

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:02:08 PM

Getting into more exchanges doesn't necessarily mean that the price will jump higher, except if it is a fiat exchange or an exchange with a huge volume.

Marketing and the unique features are what make Qora valuable, Qora deserves to be in the top 5 list imho.

Some people simply wont trust a developer until they see it with their own eyes, its fair enough to some extent, but its highly unlikely at this point that it is a clone.

what about release part of the code?

rabbiter

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:30:38 PM

Qora shouldn't be too nervous to release the Source code.

Clones end up helping the original usually. Qora didn't have too bad a distribution whatever people say. Looking at the top 100 holders its incredibly well spread out with most having 1% -.5% of Qora. People have had plenty of time to buy cheap too. So no clone can claim to exist due to fair distribution.

So far no clone has a higher marketcap than the original...so far.

Once Qora has put AE, arbitrary transactions and some wallet work we should go open source even if the price is still dire.

eeee12344

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:42:08 PM

Clones end up helping the original usually. Qora didn't have too bad a distribution whatever people say. Looking at the top 100 holders its incredibly well spread out with most having 1% -.5% of Qora. People have had plenty of time to buy cheap too.

Once Qora has put AE, arbitrary transactions and some wallet work we should go open source even if the price is still dire.

If just release part of the code now,I dont think other people can clone it.
Open source can give the market confidence,qora to da moon.

rabbiter

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:57:16 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 03:12:00 PM by rabbiter

Clones end up helping the original usually. Qora didn't have too bad a distribution whatever people say. Looking at the top 100 holders its incredibly well spread out with most having 1% -.5% of Qora. People have had plenty of time to buy cheap too.

If just release part of the code now,I dont think other people can clone it.
Open source can give the market confidence,qora to da moon.

Seriously who cares about the market. The price will rise, when I don't know but it will. Open source will happen.

For one thing anyone thought what would happen to the price if Qora used half of his BTC to buy Qora? A wise thing would be to watch his BTC account and if he moves it, possibly to buy Qora.

I think he's being pretty kind not doing it already. The price could be pushed to 500 sats tomorrow if a few people wanted. Be happy the price is low for a while. I personally welcome the generosity/stupidity of those who are selling under 50 sats.
-spaw-

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:38:05 PM

would people like tapatalk in the new forum?? you can vote here. https://forum.qora.org/index.php?topic=7.0

regards,
spaw
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:47:08 PM

Update from the QORA treasurer:

Screenshot of ALL transactions of the escrow account:

Final Balance: 3435010 QORA

Regards

What does it mean? The escrow received 3435010 Qora for his service?

No. It means, that I still hold 3.4 M Qora in escrow for Qora community.

notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:47:54 PM

<snip>

I can see why people want the source to be released. I personally would like to see the source, and also design information (such as a detailed description of the PoS algorithm), although I can also understand why it is still closed. But there is no longer any doubt about the "clone" question: it is definitely not a clone of Nxt, or any other established coin.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:03:17 PM

<snip>

I can see why people want the source to be released. I personally would like to see the source, and also design information (such as a detailed description of the PoS algorithm), although I can also understand why it is still closed. But there is no longer any doubt about the "clone" question: it is definitely not a clone of Nxt, or any other established coin.

I don't really like Kora guys so I understand the closed source part. However without opening the source, no once can know how "innovative" the coin is. POS is common place and all features being implemented so far are of garden variety ones.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

<snip>

I don't really like Kora guys so I understand the closed source part. However without opening the source, no once can know how "innovative" the coin is. POS is common place and all features being implemented so far are of garden variety ones.

Really....who's got a decentralized voting system?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:59:30 PM

<snip>

I remember that there was memory coins v1 or v2 having blockchain voting for all kind of stuff times ago. It is such a side feature that no one cares that much.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:01:40 AM

Does anyone know if the signature giveaway has been discontinued? I got it 4 weeks in a row, then last week I didn't get the payment. Just curious. Thanks.
steyast012

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:11:34 AM

Open source? Prices rise?

No, I think not to rise in price. Let prices remain low for a long period of time, a BTC can buy more QORA, and grow together with us.

QORA people to go out and sell, will take off with BTC, so, I want to keep as much as possible to maintain the low price long time.
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:11:24 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 04:57:40 AM by Breasal

Qora should aim to be included in such comparisons one day!   Wink

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F

Easy, we can do this on the Qora wiki  Wink

Edit: https://wiki.qora.org/index.php/Main_Page

Edit2: I'll work on this when I have some time  Wink
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:46:16 AM

Latium coin. Looks quite good to me...

http://latium.cc/?a_aid=53b87c5c83d1e

I sense an ignore post coming..

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
rabbiter

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:12:28 AM

<snip>

I remember that there was memory coins v1 or v2 having blockchain voting for all kind of stuff times ago. It is such a side feature that no one cares that much.

Thing is what has NXT or any second gen coin achieved so far? Has it achieved mainstream status in any way at all?

Even NXT's marketcap is negligible compared to Bitcoin and bitcoin is far from mainstream. This race has hardly began and you are calling winners and losers already.

Qora is way more user friendly than NXT and other second gens. And people will want those 'garden variety' features like decentralised trading of various assets etc. So let's hold back on deciding which system will break the mainstream.

All things considered, without any bias I think Qora has a good chance of leaving NXT etc in the dust once all the features are implemented.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:54:56 AM

Looks like BigVern (cryptsy owner) was looking for Qora dev in chat  Roll Eyes
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:08:09 AM

Looks like BigVern (cryptsy owner) was looking for Qora dev in chat  Roll Eyes
Maybe cryptsy will add qora.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:26:56 AM

The third largest altcoin exchange in China, Jubi.com, will add Zetacoin to its books today at 8pm Beijing time.

Jubi.com, was founded in December 2013 by Juwei (Beijing) Technology Co., Ltd, and was formally launched on February, 2014.

With global firms such as MSRA, ALIBABA, CISCO, 12580 listed on their resumes, the core development team of Jubi.com are passionate, hard-working, and come equipped with formidable industrial technology skills.

Jubi.com prides itself on selecting the RIGHT 2nd Gen altcoins to list on it's secure and cutting edge exchange.

Jubi commits to select the second-generation altcoins of better values and security on the securely edge-cutting exchange.

I never heard about this Jubi.com if it's the third largest exchange in china maybe we can tell them to add Qora
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: