Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:39:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748197 times)
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:54:55 AM

So AE is there, but price and volume are still the same as before the AE.. Somebody knows whats up? I know Qora needs more marketing, we need to be published and rated by websites like : coinsource.com, cryptoarticles.com etc. We need to hit Bittrex and Mintpal, We need promoting in China. It will also be nice if Qora will be used for something, that you can pay with it or whatever..  

Thoughts of other members? Ideas?

As i type, qora is a great product, but no body use it.
AE is not a big deal if nobody use it.
NXT's AE is very good, we can't deny it.
And at this moment, NXT's AE is better to use.
I mean with NXT's GUI and block explorer it's very convenient to use.
If we can't find something unique, then people have no reason to use qora's AE.
The stakeholders expect the price will soar up and wait to dump.
But no more new comers. The price didn't rise.
4 month has past, but the address who own more than 10K qora is less than 700.
Basically it's a game between the stakeholders.
No new comers.
That why the price will never rising.
Qora's AE is far from easy to use.
We should find something which NXT's AE can't do.
We really need to open the source code of V1. There is no need to worry about clones as we already have AE and other features. V1 don't have any new features such as voting system, Arbitrary transaction and AE.
It's the time to open it. We need people to review the protocol.

I don't agree with much of what you said but I do about OS. I can't see any downside to going OS at this point. I think once people see it is great coding and different from NXT people will want to invest. I do wish we had done this earlier though we passed on a lot of early interest, now we have lots of new coded coins or at least they claim it. Qora has yet to show any of it's price potential.  

The AE has a lot of function that NXT would love to have. Once we have a better GUI I expect many people will over time use Qora as an asset exchange. It's all about long term potential not short term gimmicks.
Camus

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:55:28 AM

So AE is there, but price and volume are still the same as before the AE.. Somebody knows whats up? I know Qora needs more marketing, we need to be published and rated by websites like : coinsource.com, cryptoarticles.com etc. We need to hit Bittrex and Mintpal, We need promoting in China. It will also be nice if Qora will be used for something, that you can pay with it or whatever.. 

No new comers.
We really need to open the source code of V1. There is no need to worry about clones as we already have AE and other features. V1 don't have any new features such as voting system, Arbitrary transaction and AE.

are you also the member of qoraCoin dev?
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:16:08 AM

No new comers.

are you also the member of qoraCoin dev?
NO, I am just an average people.
carlb007

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 03:42:58 AM

No new comers.

This is why imo it SHOULD NOT go open source atm. Without the popularity or traction it's in dangerous teritory once the code goes open source - it "only" takes a skilled team of guys to clone qora, add a great looking front end with a singing and dancing OP and suddenly they have a better product than Qora that can then very easily overtake us without doing any major leg work.

Continue to make the product as refined as possible, build a marketting team/material and when ready simultaneously release a super refined wallet with gorgeous GUI, smash it down with a marketting sledge hammer and open source all at once to get a bit of steam up.

To say no-one is entering Qora is false - i only started accumulating 2 weeks back, but im only gathering on sharp falls rather than buying at ask.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:14:16 AM

Reason it can't go open source is because Qora is likely a disguised NxT fork.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Ingatqhvq

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:27:45 AM

This is why imo it SHOULD NOT go open source atm. Without the popularity or traction it's in dangerous teritory once the code goes open source - it "only" takes a skilled team of guys to clone qora, add a great looking front end with a singing and dancing OP and suddenly they have a better product than Qora that can then very easily overtake us without doing any major leg work.

Continue to make the product as refined as possible, build a marketting team/material and when ready simultaneously release a super refined wallet with gorgeous GUI, smash it down with a marketting sledge hammer and open source all at once to get a bit of steam up.

To say no-one is entering Qora is false - i only started accumulating 2 weeks back, but im only gathering on sharp falls rather than buying at ask.
As we all know, the new comer didn't increase as we insist to close the source code.
This condition will be continued if we still close the source code, then we will never could open the source as
on body use it.
Open the source of version 1, how could this will harm qora?
They can't clone the new features.
Contrary, the clones will help qora.
Yes there are only have very few new people enter qora.
The price is so low, 100K qora=0.02BTC, so use 100K qora as standard to define the number of people who own qora is properly.
The address more than 100k qora is 357. the original stakeholders is about 127, so at the last 4 month we only gain 230 people to enter qora, no more than 2 per day.
Actually lot's of people have multi address, and also some people leave their qora in the exchange, so the number can't  have too much difference with the accurate number.
So at this speed, we will never become popular if we don't open the source.
We only have one DEV.
And the whole project only depend on one person, it's a huge risk.
Open source code we can attract more dev to involve in.
Ingatqhvq

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:34:08 AM

Reason it can't go open source is because Qora is likely a disguised NxT fork.

If you are a newbie we can forgive you.
But as you are a Full Member, your words as you are an idiot.
rabbiter

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:45:14 AM

No new comers.

The community can't wait just so you accumulate cheap coins.  Roll Eyes

Your argument is poor, Even if they did clone, which I doubt, it would take a long time for someone to put AE in place and other Qoras functions. It would be possible to do a simple GUI and make the V1 pretty but could you point out just one example of a clone being more popular than the original?

Clones help the original!!!!! How many times to people need to hear this.
skylys

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:38:50 AM

OS must to do
rabbiter

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:54:55 AM

OS must to do

anyone want to do a new vote on OS?

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:04:56 AM

My balance alone would kill the voting for most of the people requesting it.

I am in the process of trying to speak to qora about what he wants to Do. Right now we know he is working on wallet upgrades and then we should vote again at that point as it is the end of his vision.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hl61vOLSS9dwG890LnBPUM0hX

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:14:35 AM

Nobody can use the asset exchange at the moment because miners with the most stake are still on Qora versions less than 16.

If you try and make an asset, you will fork and eventually join back on the longest chain that does not include the asset.

Can the big miners switch to v16 already?

I don't understand how nobody else seems to have mentioned this...
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:20:16 AM

Nobody can use the asset exchange at the moment because miners with the most stake are still on Qora versions less than 16.

If you try and make an asset, you will fork and eventually join back on the longest chain that does not include the asset.

Can the big miners switch to v16 already?

I don't understand how nobody else seems to have mentioned this...
What are you talking about? The longest chain is on v16 and we only faced fork problems in the first day of AE and never again. AE is working fine for me.

This is correct. Big stakers are on v16.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:27:30 AM

So you guys can see some assets?

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:34:27 AM

I see the entire asset exchange and can interact with it just fine. Save your seed, delete qora completely, download latest version (v16), start from scratch. This should solve your issue.

I made an asset, and then I got switched back to another chain with it removed.

My client says it is synced, I have also done exactly what you've said twice...
rabbiter

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:41:41 AM

I see the entire asset exchange and can interact with it just fine. Save your seed, delete qora completely, download latest version (v16), start from scratch. This should solve your issue.

What is your latest block information? You may check it under debug -> blocks
Mine is 34665   24/09/2014 04:32:29   QZR8c7dmfwqGPujebFH1miQToJZ4JQfU1X   683224180   0   0.00000000
Which is the same as qora.co.in.

stop talking to your sockpuppet Renat0, we get it already, you like FUD and cheap coins.
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:54:53 AM

what was the asset's name?

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:23:18 AM

I am on a different/shorter chain, (last block was 34612 vs qora.co.in 34675)

Actually turns out I just hadn't updated. (I was on v15, also curious to note, someone bought 1 qora of my asset before it was reverted, so I guess a few people are using it)

It would be nice if the version number was displayed in the client somewhere...
skylys

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:39:54 AM

OS must to do

anyone want to do a new vote on OS?

fucking stupid vote,I will not do this,OS didnot need a vote,it is must to do,
qora has promised OS in the chatroom, the time has come, please promise。。。
carlb007

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 10:01:34 AM

No new comers.

The community can't wait just so you accumulate cheap coins.  Roll Eyes

Your argument is poor, Even if they did clone, which I doubt, it would take a long time for someone to put AE in place and other Qoras functions. It would be possible to do a simple GUI and make the V1 pretty but could you point out just one example of a clone being more popular than the original?

Clones help the original!!!!! How many times to people need to hear this.

Lets assume your right on your generalistion of clones "helping the originals" - If the original coin is floundering/un-popular then what im saying is its quite possible that the clone THEN BECOMES THE ORIGINAL in many peoples eyes if it gets out of the gates fast, gains some popularity and devs add features quickly. If its a users first experience with a product - it is original to them, and if its original to enough people - it kinda becomes the mainstream. You dont want a clone growing a larger network than the original.

Not saying it will or wont happen  - im saying thats why i believe OS should wait til its 110% ready for it - and in all honesty thats an arbitrary figure that will be decided by personal opinion.
Theres a lot of good things here and plenty of potential - needs careful consideration.

Im done buying btw Smiley - so it can shoot up whenever it feels like it!

Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: