Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 [394] 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:22:19 PM

Which Qora features do you find most important/advantageous?  Smiley
https://forum.qora.org/index.php?topic=61.0

Ignoring the items that are completed or near-completed, I'm going to have to go with a nice wallet.  We need a bit of an "oooooh, shiny!" Affect to attract attention.

</mytwocents>

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Etanllah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:26:39 PM

Which Qora features do you find most important/advantageous?  Smiley

Ignoring the items that are completed or near-completed, I'm going to have to go with a nice wallet.  We need a bit of an "oooooh, shiny!" Affect to attract attention.

</mytwocents>

I'd agree with this. The wallet functionality and speed are awesome, it just needs some flare. I personally am not one that cares about the looks of a wallet, but I am aware that most normal users are.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:45:38 PM

Which Qora features do you find most important/advantageous?  Smiley

Ignoring the items that are completed or near-completed, I'm going to have to go with a nice wallet.  We need a bit of an "oooooh, shiny!" Affect to attract attention.

</mytwocents>

I'd agree with this. The wallet functionality and speed are awesome, it just needs some flare. I personally am not one that cares about the looks of a wallet, but I am aware that most normal users are.

For the common people we need a wallet that is as easy to use as an in real life wallet.

Open it and see what you have, not a bunch of tabs etc Tongue

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
reader31

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:57:28 PM

Heres an idea to incentivize community contribution. I'm planning to create an asset named after me when the Qora asset exchange launches. The idea being that, as I actively engage in various activities for promoting qora. The community members who like my work can buy up my asset as a vote of appreciation, which inturn is an incentive for me to helpout more. Now imagine we have an number of our community members doing this(Especially the whales). We will have a healthy gamification of community involvement, incentivizing more people to help out and we have our first unconventional use case for the asset exchange  Grin

Any thoughts/improvements on this idea? Lets roll Cheesy

I like the out of the box thinking, I do see some pitfalls like generally us looking a bit silly that we have made coins of ourselves. It's not that crazy though I remember there was some exchange for celebrities;D Like I said, your out of the box thinking is really good. we should brainstorm further ideas for the AE assets.

May be its a matter of 'branding', So instead of creating tokens for 'ourselves' we issue tokens for 'our time' the most valuable contributor's time becomes the most precious ofcourse Smiley

^_^

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:09:03 PM

We need someone to manage our subreddit. Are you gonna take it, rabitter?

I never used reddit and if someone doesn't come forward to do it, guess what don't do it!

Why assume we need to have it, cause other coins have it?

I'm trying to get this forum thread moving let alone another one.

The best marketing starts with this thread being active!

let's hear what people want to do, it's not about dishing out shit jobs to people. harness the passion we already have.
so what do you want to do?  Smiley

I want people to at the very least not stop others from doing something or sharing something without negativity. Start with that comment.

And one thing would be good is anyone who actually supports this coin to get rid of the sell walls so we can move up. personally I want to coordinate major stakeholders to move the price in intelligent ways. Thing is I never thought we needed to do anything more than what Qora asked us to do. It was the community that said they wanted to do loads of marketing before Qora wanted to. BUt then they disappeared. It would be better to of done nothing than promised and walked away.

what do you want to do?

I've never seen a coin before that screams a need for coordination.
A few posts before you said lets hype this coin, now you say it is wrong we are doing some promotion.  Roll Eyes

I'm saying if you are going to do something do it clearly and follow through. At the moment it's all half hearted and uncoordinated by half hearted individuals.

I personally don't like twitter like campaigns, they are a waste of money, better just have an active thread. And we won't get more activity if we don't close chat and quickly open source so people can come in and work on wallets etc. Sometimes ideas don't require much action.

plus we need to connect with the chinese Qora community as I'm guessing they are the ones with a lot of stakes!

Try not to be part of the problem.

As far as I know so many chinese dumpers was sold out his qora,chinese stakeholders is not the mainstream right now.
Now our chinese community is ready for a promotion plan in china when AE release.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:10:16 PM

hey guys, we have the twitter marketing going for a while. You guys think we should do more kind of marketing? Maybe we can do marketing with approaching news crypto sources.. are there people experienced with this? or do you got more ideas for marketing? let me know.

I don't think we should think I terms of 'marketing' as in twitter, reddit etc but we have some great tools in Qora to pro the it. We have a fully functioning voting system, make some polls for areas that people have an opinion, make a thread for it. We can even vote for areas not concerned with Qora but crypto generally or we can vote for a bunch of funny memes etc.

Plus we can use the AE. one thing I would like to see is an attempt at a serious gold hook up, maybe with an established gold dealer etc or we could get anon guy to do a silver one like he did with NXT. I wonder how hard it would be to do with Qora what some are already doing with Bitcoin? http://www.coinabul.com

Let's forget NXT is not our model, Bitcoin is.

AE is an areas that had huge potential to show people what can be done with Qora. Anyone got contacts in a commodity industry ideally precious metals? Or even fiat with a small bank.

I would suggest for Gold we get XNF to create tokens on the Qora AE.
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:06:45 PM

As far as I know so many chinese dumpers was sold out his qora,chinese stakeholders is not the mainstream right now.
Now our chinese community is ready for a promotion plan in china when AE release.
good to hear!
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:01:48 PM

good to hear!

So who is doing China marketing?

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:45:35 PM

good to hear!

So who is doing China marketing?

Sum Yung Guy maybe.
coinpump

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:57:15 AM

Clones do not hurt a coin.

Why ?
Qora dev does hard work, invests his time and clones take it for free or steal it and resell at discount.
Since when stealing does not hurt ?
Why not publish all private keys of all your coin accounts and let them be shared with community and see if it won't hurt your accounts ? It may make them popular, may be you can make some money on that popularity.

Source needs to be open only to achieve the following desirable things: remove dependency of QORA network on Qora dev existence and allow investors to check vulnerabilities/quality of Qora code or if it's clone of another coin by itself.
Just because it's hard to achieve desirable things another way, does not mean that opening source for cloning is desired.

I totally support idea of putting very strong copyright notice forbidding reuse on all QORA source written by Qora before publishing.

That will make clones and investors of these clones illegal, but will achieve desired openness.

Phrase the notice in such a way that it is not bound to Qora dev (otherwise it won't achieve independency from one person), but rather to QORA network and QORA stakeholders.

Let's put it on vote.
I bet that right after that vote, if positive, price of QORA will make significant jump (for those who would like to see it happening).
To make that jump sharper I suggest to implement "secret vote" feature in QORA - voting result becomes visible only after voting is closed.

coinpump

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:34:15 AM

I don't want to be a jerk but this is typical of those quote heavily involved in Qora. It's not a direct criticism of the guy, he can do what the hell he wants to but we need people who are committed to Qora not other coins for fucks sake!

https://i.imgur.com/kf0C7Un.jpg

Bear in mind when I tried to pump Qora a bit he attacked me. What's his agenda? It isn't Qoras that's for sure.

I'll say it as clear as I can one more time. Get Chat closed and bring the conversation to the thread. then let's discuss how we get this coin into the top 10 where it deserves to be. What's great is we have a voting system so it's easy to make community desk ions but we need to know who's in and committed and who's not.

Did we give up getting on more exchanges?

No more excuses. And we got to go open source. Clones and the BS that comes form them are the best marketing we can hope for at this point.

This is a coin that needs it's doors blown open. Sorry but Qora won't do it, but he can at least he discussing with us on here not hidden in chat.

to the mooooooooooon!!!!!

I may disagree with some dzarmush past activity, but having only QORA in dzarmush signature is strong proof that he is dedicated only to QORA, isn't it ?
How exactly did you try to pump QORA ? Fool buyers to buy for unfair price by faking market data ?
I was one of those fools and bought some QORA at 68 sat with my hard earned dollars, then some QORA at 37 sat, then some at 15 sat knowing that it can easily drop to 2 sat.
Could you please buy these QORAs back from me at these prices that I paid for them ? I want my BTCs back, I did not know that price was pumped and fake. Pumpers hurt coins more than governments because they make every coin investment risky.

Clones and marketing will put pressure on Qora dev to deliver faster. Having too much pressure will make clones succeed and QORA fail.
If you want to ever have good quality long term successful coin - don't market unless you have large dev team capable to support demand.
I don't think Qora dev is capable of supporting even current demand, so any marketing will hurt QORA coin.

Qora, correct me if I am wrong, but this is most probably why you don't support marketing and opening source at this point.
rabbiter

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:05:47 PM

Clones do not hurt a coin.

Why ?
Qora dev does hard work, invests his time and clones take it for free or steal it and resell at discount.
Since when stealing does not hurt ?
Why not publish all private keys of all your coin accounts and let them be shared with community and see if it won't hurt your accounts ? It may make them popular, may be you can make some money on that popularity.

Source needs to be open only to achieve the following desirable things: remove dependency of QORA network on Qora dev existence and allow investors to check vulnerabilities/quality of Qora code or if it's clone of another coin by itself.
Just because it's hard to achieve desirable things another way, does not mean that opening source for cloning is desired.

I totally support idea of putting very strong copyright notice forbidding reuse on all QORA source written by Qora before publishing.

That will make clones and investors of these clones illegal, but will achieve desired openness.

Phrase the notice in such a way that it is not bound to Qora dev (otherwise it won't achieve independency from one person), but rather to QORA network and QORA stakeholders.

Let's put it on vote.
I bet that right after that vote, if positive, price of QORA will make significant jump (for those who would like to see it happening).
To make that jump sharper I suggest to implement "secret vote" feature in QORA - voting result becomes visible only after voting is closed.

How long have you been following cryptocurrencies. I would say you attitude is not inline with current thinking. Open source is a principle of crypto, you won't see any coins in the top 10 which arent open source. You know Android is open source? Plus your concern that the developer would lose something from open source isn't likely? You can't licencee Qora, people would just use something else. What would they gain from closed source? What he would lose from closed source would be the coin is not accepted and sidelined so any coins he did own would be worth less. Open source tends to come with a boost in price. Clones tend to advertise the original, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as they say. What I'm thinking is maybe Qora won't even be cloned by anyone as there are now a bunch of new coins with new codes, clones are looking less attractive these days. The only reason Ora has any interest is it's free!

I've said it before but the worst thing that could happen from going open source is no one clones your coin.

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:25:01 PM

It looks to me like 20-18 sats is the established floor.  Certainly, a whale could come and dump the price but it looks like people are willing to buy anything below 20 and dumpers aren't dumping much below 18.  Still, there is much more sale pressure, rather than buy pressure.

If/when QORA gets noticed, the virtual wall from 20-25 sat sales shouldn't be difficult to take out, so long as it's pumped with 13.5+ BTC.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:26:00 PM

so basically virtually nobody cares about qora except the insiders right?

i heard its better than nxt but nobody gives a fuck bout it. what to do?

~CfA~

rabbiter

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:13:35 PM

It looks to me like 20-18 sats is the established floor.  Certainly, a whale could come and dump the price but it looks like people are willing to buy anything below 20 and dumpers aren't dumping much below 18.  Still, there is much more sale pressure, rather than buy pressure.

If/when QORA gets noticed, the virtual wall from 20-25 sat sales shouldn't be difficult to take out, so long as it's pumped with 13.5+ BTC.

There is unashamedly a large amount of stakeholders who want to hold and so there is a stand off on price. I think many holders don't want to sell it cause they know or at least think it will only go up as development continues. And buyers want to pay less than 20 sats so are nibbling at the coin. Someone said Chinese holders have already dumped but some people are definetly dumping any chance they get, there is regular sellers pushing the coin down to around 17 sats but no lower. My only wish is if I am right they would sell properly on the trading thread large amounts.

I think holders are in the position of power if they are patient. Buyers could at any moment see their desire to sell under 20 disappear. We only have had low vol since Sharexcoin screwed us, we were seeing 10-20 BTC vol before that scam. Won't take much to lift the price at this point and we have a bunch of reasons for rises rather than drops, AE, OS?, wallet upgrades, Anominity, and proper marketing once the dev is done.

personally I'm confident or getting comfortably over 100 sats over the coming weeks or months.
rabbiter

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:30:27 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 03:53:25 PM by rabbiter

so basically virtually nobody cares about qora except the insiders right?

i heard its better than nxt but nobody gives a fuck bout it. what to do?

~CfA~

It's true relative to the quality of the development it receives a lack of interest. My thinking is second gen will be the standard so the value of the coin won't actually matter. What will matter is what system will become most popular. I mean Later I expect you can hold fiat, commodities, coins etc in whatever system you choose to use. It's NXT that should be worried cause once the penny drops that NXT as a coin is only as valuable as the popularity of the platform then once people start using the other options they might think hey why am I paying so much for the base currency when the system is the same as that other far cheaper one.

The right way to think about NXT and Qora is like banks not currencies. There is as yet no proof which 'bank' is going to be more popular. And anyway people will use different banks/platforms they can co exist without directly competing more they take different amounts of the pie or market. Qora understands this and so his focus has always been to be future proof and user friendly, this is why I have put my chips on Qora rather than NXT. NXT needs to be careful it doesn't create an over complicated mess, personally I think they already have.

So popularity of actual use will dictate the price, NXT price is based on future hope of uptake but so far real uptake doesn't justify it's price, I mean who actually uses or buys anything with NXT?. No one is actually using NXT they are just talking about NXT a lot in their little nerdy circles. Once crypto goes mainstream it might just be a catchy name or a simple easy wallet that wins, people should recognise the mainstream won't give too shits about the amount of nerdy technicals a coin has or how strong it's community is.....its a joke really a big nerdy joke that no one in the NXT community is willing to listen to.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:59:06 PM

!IMPORTANT!

###############################################################################################

Due to personal reasons, I need to tune down my time commitement on cryptos. That means that I can't guarantee the online availability I had the last few months.

Effective immediately I am stepping down as QORA marketing funds treasuror.  Please figure out who will hold the funds from now on. I suggest Dzarmush sends me a Personal message with an address to send all QORA funds to.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

###############################################################################################

PMd my address QZvKGZgLMyFK4rLxFmnSSgSTpwHyZhHYZz

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:50:59 AM

I like the last 1.2.5 Asset Exchange

I cannot wait for Qora AE
reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:13:59 AM

Yes the marketing team will get to work once we have the AE completed.

twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:44:46 AM

!IMPORTANT!

Due to personal reasons, I need to tune down my time commitement on cryptos. That means that I can't guarantee the online availability I had the last few months.

Effective immediately I am stepping down as QORA marketing funds treasuror.  Please figure out who will hold the funds from now on. I suggest Dzarmush sends me a Personal message with an address to send all QORA funds to.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

PMd my address QZvKGZgLMyFK4rLxFmnSSgSTpwHyZhHYZz
I hope this is gonna be more transparent now. You should give us info from time to time what has been paid.   Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 [394] 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: