Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 224 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 283 blocks solved!  (Read 88704 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (20 posts by 4+ users deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 10:56:11 PM
Merited by frodocooper (3)

Next is the web server reconfiguration.
Web server reloaded and https now working on the regular port 443. It's still enabled on port 444 in case people have sites linking there.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 11:10:55 PM

It looks like bedla's poolstats grafana site doesn't like the change. Perhaps it needs to be revamped slightly. It could also show a decimal place for the pool diff% now as well.

-ck
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 11:46:10 PM

Web server reloaded and https now working on the regular port 443. It's still enabled on port 444 in case people have sites linking there.

https://solo.ckpool.org:444/users/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx isn't working anymore

This site can’t provide a secure connectionsolo.ckpool.org sent an invalid response.

Works fine with 443.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2020, 12:16:09 AM

Oh well, as good a time as any to drop the 444 then. I'll just disable it entirely.

-ck
frodocooper

Activity: 351
Merit: 410

View Profile
June 19, 2020, 01:09:00 AM

Thank you very much, -ck, for deploying TLS on the web server.

The web server's TLS configuration looks decent. The SSL Server Test by Qualys SSL Labs has given an A grade to solo4.ckpool.org. There's room for improvement, but I suppose that the current TLS configuration is sufficient for now.

The SSL Server Test was unable to connect to the web server over IPv6 at the time of testing.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2020, 02:01:39 AM
Merited by frodocooper (3)

Thank you very much, -ck, for deploying TLS on the web server.

The web server's TLS configuration looks decent. The SSL Server Test by Qualys SSL Labs has given an A grade to solo4.ckpool.org. There's room for improvement, but I suppose that the current TLS configuration is sufficient for now.

The SSL Server Test was unable to connect to the web server over IPv6 at the time of testing.
Thanks. Looks like IPV6 was a DNS problem so it was worth fixing.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=solo.ckpool.org

-ck
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2020, 02:08:08 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2020, 02:23:41 AM by Artemis3
Merited by NotATether (1)

I figure what happened when I tried to set up a relay in Germany is that I rented a VPS from an American hosting provider with a presence in Germany and all the big hosting providers from the USA are obligated to block Iran. If I'd gone with a European provider it might not have been a problem, as evidenced by O solo miner succeeding with his passthrough.

I hope my country does not follow, all American companies have been forced to leave due to sanctions, and things only get worse and worse. Non American companies that deal with my country are getting punished and forced to stop providing us services or else they get their business in America blocked.

I will be adding the kindly provided proxies just in case the worst comes to happen...

Centralization is dangerous for things like this... And its things like this that makes politicians so dangerous, never again should they be allowed to control money or dictate monetary policy of any kind.

Bitcoin is freedom.

Also, it might come a point where text clear communication just won't do. I don't know how hard it is, but i hope someday to see a solo pool adopt v2's encrypted communication. It might make the difference to some of us in the long run...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
frodocooper

Activity: 351
Merit: 410

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 03:05:00 AM
Merited by hugeblack (4)

Setting up a v3 onion service is a far better long-term solution against censorship. The pool may opt to set up a single onion service instead of a conventional one in order to reduce latency, but at the cost of reduced server-side location anonymity. A single onion service uses only three hops in the circuit instead of the usual six.

An onion service may be set up as a single onion service by adding the following two options to the onion service's torrc entry:

Code:
HiddenServiceSingleHopMode 1
HiddenServiceNonAnonymousMode 1

Here are the relevant entries for single onion services in the Tor manual:

HiddenServiceSingleHopMode 0|1

Experimental - Non Anonymous Hidden Services on a tor instance in HiddenServiceSingleHopMode make one-hop (direct) circuits between the onion service server, and the introduction and rendezvous points. (Onion service descriptors are still posted using 3-hop paths, to avoid onion service directories blocking the service.) This option makes every hidden service instance hosted by a tor instance a Single Onion Service. One-hop circuits make Single Onion servers easily locatable, but clients remain location-anonymous. However, the fact that a client is accessing a Single Onion rather than a Hidden Service may be statistically distinguishable.

WARNING: Once a hidden service directory has been used by a tor instance in HiddenServiceSingleHopMode, it can NEVER be used again for a hidden service. It is best practice to create a new hidden service directory, key, and address for each new Single Onion Service and Hidden Service. It is not possible to run Single Onion Services and Hidden Services from the same tor instance: they should be run on different servers with different IP addresses.

HiddenServiceSingleHopMode requires HiddenServiceNonAnonymousMode to be set to 1. Since a Single Onion service is non-anonymous, you can not configure a SOCKSPort on a tor instance that is running in HiddenServiceSingleHopMode. Can not be changed while tor is running. (Default: 0)

HiddenServiceNonAnonymousMode 0|1

Makes hidden services non-anonymous on this tor instance. Allows the non-anonymous HiddenServiceSingleHopMode. Enables direct connections in the server-side hidden service protocol. If you are using this option, you need to disable all client-side services on your Tor instance, including setting SOCKSPort to "0". Can not be changed while tor is running. (Default: 0)
zarima1983

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 03:35:26 AM

hello all
i have a question,when i want to configure my miners on solo mining so how may i select a coin base address?i have select an used bitcoin address or an unused address?segwit format or each format?
please tell me anything i have notice for select a bitcoin address to configuration my miners for solo
thank you so much

personally I like to use a legacy address to mine here.

You must have full control of the address.

So do you have a core wallet on your pc?

Do you have a hardware wallet like Trezor?

No other addresses are in your full control

I have a Coinbase account. I could use an address from my account.

But. Coinbase has the keys.  and if they fuck up you are screwed.

I could use my bittrex account. and they control that money. if they fuck up you are screwed.

This is the address I use

http://35.192.6.83:3000/d/JmhHccgGz/ck-pool-user-dashboard?orgId=1&refresh=1m&var-user=146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3

and it is a legacy address on my trezor.

thank you for the reply dear.i dont have a core wallet on my pc,i have only a ledger nano x.also i dont have a coinbase account.i used number of btc addresses from some android wallet apps like Coinomi or Jaxx and two addresses from ledger nano(segwit,legacy and native segwit).
does hardware core wallet is necessary for solo mining or it is only necessary for having full control on probable rewards of hitting a block?
zarima1983

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 04:22:12 AM

i have a question,when i want to configure my miners on solo mining so how may i select a coin base address?i have select an used bitcoin address or an

By coinbase you mean the centralized exchange of coinbase and not the block reward transaction right? well to answer your question, a used address or not makes no difference at all as far as mining is concerned (it does in terms of security "hypothetically" but that is off-topic).

Ckpool or any other pool for that matter doesn't care if your address is used or not if it's a valid it works, now in theory, you are supposed to own both used and unused addresses and have full control over them, but in reality if that address is given to you by an exchange like coinbase, then you don't own anything, all you have is Coinbase's words for it.

If you want to solomine and you are lazy or don't want to spend money on a hardware wallet, the least you could do is download an IOS/Android app on your phone, don't solomine to an address owned by someone else.

oh my dear friend thank you so much for your nice reply.my mean of used or unused addresses for solo mining was not that i take a used address from an exchange or else.my mean was this do i have forced to use an address that i have employed it before for sending bitcoins to other people or i have employed it to transfering bitcoins between my Coinimi and Jaxx and my ledger nano or...(real transaction or fake transaction to making an authentic,reliable,personal and valid used address)?
thank you
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 04:42:25 PM

oh my dear friend thank you so much for your nice reply.my mean of used or unused addresses for solo mining was not that i take a used address from an exchange or else.my mean was this do i have forced to use an address that i have employed it before for sending bitcoins to other people or i have employed it to transfering bitcoins between my Coinimi and Jaxx and my ledger nano or...(real transaction or fake transaction to making an authentic,reliable,personal and valid used address)?
thank you

thank you for the reply dear.i dont have a core wallet on my pc,i have only a ledger nano x.also i dont have a coinbase account.i used number of btc addresses from some android wallet apps like Coinomi or Jaxx and two addresses from ledger nano(segwit,legacy and native segwit).
does hardware core wallet is necessary for solo mining or it is only necessary for having full control on probable rewards of hitting a block?

We got a few things mixed together here, to make it super clear, the mining pool (cksolo or any other pool) does NOT care about where does the bitcoin address come from, they don't care if you used it before or not, they don't even care if you own it or not, if it's structurally valid - it works and the mining rewards are sent to that address, what happened before and what could happen after that is non of the pool's concern.

As far as YOU (or anyone who wants to mine or own bitcoin) are concerned, you want to always

1- Use an address which you own the private keys for, it doesn't have to be generated from a hardware wallet, although hardware wallets like Ledger nano and Trezor are far more secured than most other wallet types, so if you have the option to use a hardware wallet address for solo mining, you should go for it.

2- For security and privacy purposes it's better to use a NEW address that you have not used before.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
zarima1983

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 03:28:01 AM

thank you

We got a few things mixed together here, to make it super clear, the mining pool (cksolo or any other pool) does NOT care about where does the bitcoin address come from, they don't care if you used it before or not, they don't even care if you own it or not, if it's structurally valid - it works and the mining rewards are sent to that address, what happened before and what could happen after that is non of the pool's concern.

As far as YOU (or anyone who wants to mine or own bitcoin) are concerned, you want to always

1- Use an address which you own the private keys for, it doesn't have to be generated from a hardware wallet, although hardware wallets like Ledger nano and Trezor are far more secured than most other wallet types, so if you have the option to use a hardware wallet address for solo mining, you should go for it.

2- For security and privacy purposes it's better to use a NEW address that you have not used before.

thank you so much dear,i got three new addresses from my Ledger Nano X and used them.this issue was cleared for me
Brainthinker78

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 02:27:42 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2020, 03:26:14 AM by Brainthinker78

Hello everyone I have a minor issue I setup my AntMiner U1 to this pool
Miner is mining its getting hot, it shows almost 2g so it’s working to my knowledge but when I input my btc address from my ledger nano to check my mining stats at solo.ckpool website shows no stats I just set it up so Is there a waiting period thank you

Thank you it showed After a while
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 02:43:14 AM

Hello everyone I have a minor issue I setup my AntMiner U1 to this pool
Miner is mining its getting hot, it shows almost 2g so it’s working to my knowledge but when I input my btc address from my ledger nano to check my mining stats at solo.ckpool website shows no stats I just set it up so Is there a waiting period thank you

It will take a while for that low of hash rate to find a share and for the pool to adjust the difficulty down.  You wont see any stats until you miner submits shares.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Brainthinker78

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 03:29:08 AM

In regards to solo mining or lottery mining does hashes matter I’m currently running my AntMiner u1 for fun
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 05:33:48 AM

In regards to solo mining or lottery mining does hashes matter I’m currently running my AntMiner u1 for fun

oh course hash matters,
the more hash you have, the higher chance you have. but its really a matter of luck. your U1 might solve the block before a 2Ph farm(highly unlikely but possible) or the other hand,
it will never find a block(highly likely).  but you never know
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 11:06:48 AM

Only one hash matters, really.  The one that meets or exceeds current difficulty.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
DaCryptoRaccoon

Activity: 1199
Merit: 580

OGRaccoon

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 03:39:30 PM

Come on block where are you!  Smiley

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
seek3r
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1954

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 03:44:38 PM

Come on block where are you!  Smiley

Would be interesting to see, if we could find some for some solo runs like we did before the halvening. I think we did like 15 runs in the last months in the German section.
We collected coins to run 1PH/s for atleast 24hrs.

If someones up for this, I think the chances are good that willi would organize the next run.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
DaCryptoRaccoon

Activity: 1199
Merit: 580

OGRaccoon

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 03:57:24 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2020, 04:37:23 PM by MagicByt3

Don't know how many from this list are still game but here is the High rollers list from the last pool topic.

If your no longer wanting to be on the list below please let me know!

Code:
CK Pool - High Rollers - 0.125 BTC Buy in.
1 ) hiaxis 0.125 BTC - Payment Pending
2 ) VRobb  0.125 BTC - Payment Pending
3 ) jimjam123 0.125 BTC - Payment Pending
4 ) MagicByt3 0.125 BTC - Payment Pending
5 ) Katun 0.125  BTC - Payment Pending
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )
10 )

We could lower this to 0.1  0.0625 per user if everyone thinks 0.125 is too much.

**EDIT**

Let's drop the amount to .0625  BTC to enter as per os2sam's post on the next page.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 224 »
  Print  

Jump to: