Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:35:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 236 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing Speculation, Odds and Predictions  (Read 27989 times)
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2022, 08:44:32 PM

Yes, we should just accept the fact that Manny Pacquiao was already done doing professional fights in boxing industry and those heart racing fights he did when he still at the top of his prime will be just in our memories. That is the reality because there will always be a new boxers that will replace the elites.

About his upcoming fight, I'm confused whom he will be facing because there's a news surfacing on the internet.

Manny Pacquiao eyes boxing return with Saudi exhibition fight
https://sports.inquirer.net/476130/manny-pacquiao-eyes-boxing-return-with-saudi-exhibition-fight

That is great news, for me Pacquiao has not yet burned his last cartridges, I think he is a boxer who can give much more, both for himself and for the fans, I know he has had some painful episodes but he can get ahead, Honestly, I don't think that age has much of an impact on boxing, that is, it's not analogous to a footballer who, when he is over 37 years old, is already considered a veteran that nobody wants despite being very good, an older boxer has enough experience and can show a lot of dominance and teach novice boxers, this is something that can be seen today, some do not bet on older boxers because of this problem, but many times they are surprised.

I have no doubt as well that Pacquiao can still dance gracefully in the ring against any other veteran boxer out there, I mean, if your passion is boxing then I believe that no one can stop you from getting into fights especially if there's huge money in line just waiting to be unlocked.

I still believe, whoever Manny fights, he can still give a good fight. Especially now that he's out of the politics, he can focus more on reconditioning his body and mind.
Though he's done with his professional boxing career, but we all knew he's most likely to go with exhibition matches after his retirement. We've been discussing about it before as the rise of exhibition matched arises in the late pandemic.
And here we are now, about to witness the exhibitionist Manny Pacquiao lol.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
September 15, 2022, 09:42:21 PM

Manny is no longer in his prime, what we have is just memories of those run when he was in top of the game for many years. No one can escape Father time not even the great and elite fighters. At least when he lost to Ugas, he knows when to stop and focus on other matters like the PH Presidential election in which he lost badly. And then the news of his return thru exhibition match against a South korean if I'm not mistaken.

Well, all of those boxers will eventually fall, victims to that, getting older and past their prime, kind of thing, and next in line could be GGG or Canelo, but certainly, fans want to see more of them inside the ring but eventually, they can not escape faith,

Well, you are saying DK Yoo, the South Korean, Martial Artist, Youtuber, Bruce Lee Wannabe, and amateur Boxer Wannabe fighter that is about to take on an 8 division champion boxer Manny Pacquiao this guy is totally screwed but at least there is a ton of money involved here when the fight is finished,

Yes, that is just how the life works and it is inevitable because they cannot stay on the top spot forever and eventually, they will be replaced by the younger boxers who will become new elites in their own phase and time.

DK Yoo cannot reject this kind of fight as he will be getting paid big time while getting the honor in fighting a legendary boxer, Manny Pacquaio. Also, I'm sensing that Pacquiao has chose DK Yoo as a tune-up fight before he sets a bigger fight soon, still he has to test the water first to be safe even if it's just exhibition fight.

He just recently retired so I think Manny's body is still very much can fight at this point. His fighting weight is around just 147 lbs though and throughout his career, he went as high as 154 lbs. So I'm not sure if he can fight at the higher weight since most former fighters really gain so much weight after they hang their gloves, but not Manny Pacquaio as he is really gifted genetically to have more lean mass than fats. So we will see against this Youtuber, for sure Manny will not give his full power to the South Korean, he might just used around 50%-80% just to see how he will react to his power, hehehe.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 15, 2022, 11:59:34 PM

He just recently retired so I think Manny's body is still very much can fight at this point. His fighting weight is around just 147 lbs though and throughout his career, he went as high as 154 lbs. So I'm not sure if he can fight at the higher weight since most former fighters really gain so much weight after they hang their gloves, but not Manny Pacquaio as he is really gifted genetically to have more lean mass than fats. So we will see against this Youtuber, for sure Manny will not give his full power to the South Korean, he might just used around 50%-80% just to see how he will react to his power, hehehe.

You are correct and I agree with it. Manny Pacquiao is so strong that he can even fight today.

But the problem is, he becomes not focused anymore on his training because of lots of things he is doing. If he just focuses on maintaining shape, he can even fight against the prime Errol Spence Jr. and Terrence Crawford.

That leads now to his body not being pushed anymore. Manny is now more relaxed compared to doing his usual training since he started doing politics many years ago. He even won some of his fights even doing politics so just imagined if he doesn't involve in politics or many other things and just focused on boxing even at his post-prime age.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 08:48:45 AM

Yep, I've said this in another thread where Pacquiao might coming back in exhibition fight against DK Yoo a Korean youtuber at the end on this year. He even said he could taking a professional fight if there's a boxer want to fight with him, there will be a good cash flow for Pacquiao since many people already waiting him to comeback regardless which boxer he will fight. I think the cost of presidential election are really high and that's why he want to recover it from boxing.

Well, even though Pacquiao is super rich now money is not forever and he is aware of that, that is why he can continue this kind of trend just to still gain money, even though he doesn't really need it anymore, he will keep on doing it until he can't anymore,

Yes, that is just how the life works and it is inevitable because they cannot stay on the top spot forever and eventually, they will be replaced by the younger boxers who will become new elites in their own phase and time.

DK Yoo cannot reject this kind of fight as he will be getting paid big time while getting the honor in fighting a legendary boxer, Manny Pacquaio. Also, I'm sensing that Pacquiao has chose DK Yoo as a tune-up fight before he sets a bigger fight soon, still he has to test the water first to be safe even if it's just exhibition fight.

Well both of them will eventually get a huge sum of money from this not just DK Yoo, I really think that Pacquaio still wants the money just like other boxers like Mayweather, Mike Tyson, Hollifield, and MMA fighters like McGregor, Askren, Woodley, that Jake Paul and Floyd Mayweather have established,  but as a retired fighter they can still used their skills in boxing in a sum up a huge amount of money even though they are already retired,
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 09:26:42 AM

You are correct and I agree with it. Manny Pacquiao is so strong that he can even fight today.

But the problem is, he becomes not focused anymore on his training because of lots of things he is doing. If he just focuses on maintaining shape, he can even fight against the prime Errol Spence Jr. and Terrence Crawford.
It will be difficult for Pacman to comeback and make a fight with those prime fighters, he could very well lose to both of them.

That leads now to his body not being pushed anymore. Manny is now more relaxed compared to doing his usual training since he started doing politics many years ago. He even won some of his fights even doing politics so just imagined if he doesn't involve in politics or many other things and just focused on boxing even at his post-prime age.
If he is still very much have an active lifestyle like playing his favorite sports then he can go back but with only with exhibition match. Just to wake up the curiousity of his fans. But for sure his focus right now is in the politics, he just lost I know, but he can still be very much active in the PH Senate if I'm not mistaken and maybe in the next race, he might run against for any offices including the Presidency.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Baofeng
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 09:36:05 AM

But we have seen how Manny zone in when he is fighting someone, he take a leave of absence in the Philippine Senate and go on like 8-10 weeks or training and we have seen videos of him pushing himself and with that every sweat we know that he will give it 100%.

That's why I believed he can still fight anyone, but would rather test exhibition matches first. The money is there for sure as he still has a lot of boxing fans around the world, not just Filipinos that for sure will watch his fight against the South Korean youtuber.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 02:02:03 PM

Yordenis Ugas Eyes Ring Return Next Year, Targets Keith Thurman, Jaron Ennis, and Vergil Ortiz

Yordenis Ugas might not have that big hype named until he beats Manny Pacquiao and got his best ever title in his entire boxing career, the WBA SuperWelterWeight title that becomes his ticket to fight in an unification match against Errol Spence Jr. who prior to their fight, holding the IBF and WBC welterweight titles. Unfortunately, he failed to win in that match and the direction of his career becomes unclear.

However, he is looking forward returning to the ring next year and some of his targets are Keith Thurman (who didn't fight have an official fight for 31 months but still managed to win unanimously against Mario Barrios on February this year), Vergil Ortiz and Jarron Enis.

Not expecting much from him but good for him to make some money before retiring.

Ugas does not deserve to fight Boots Ennis or Keith Thurman, I reckon. Boots Ennis will be the next king of welterweight boxing and Keith Thurman has recently won versus Mario Barrios. It might be more deserving for Ennis and Thurman to fight each other and the winner challenges Spence or Crawford for the their championships.

It's possible, I mean we aren't the ones who are calling the shot, but I think it is too early for Thurman to have his turn to fight Ennis without getting a fight against Ugas first because Ugas bets Pacman while Thurman have lost to Pacman. Thurman needs to climb through the rank too and overcome Ugas before he gets to fight Ennis and then the winner will get his chance to fight Spence or Crawford.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 06:35:35 PM

He tried to do what he had to do at the same time and he won at some point in time but later on Pacman realized that he is not getting any younger and should only pick one fight at a time that's why he retired after he lost to Ugas and focused on politics as he is also busy at that time for the presidential election.

Now, that he almost got all the time in the world, and just like what we've speculated, Pacman is not coming back but on an exhibition fight.
With the losses that he's made, that also made him realize that he's aged although he can still really box well. But age does really play a factor for athletes like in boxing.

That's right! But if only Manny Pacquiao wasn't that busy enough in his last fight then I seriously bet that the outcome of the fight would be much different and Yordenis Ugas would be the one who got defeated. Pacquiao was too busy that time he is also a senator while he is also preparing to run for presidency and then he got a fight.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 11:44:18 PM

That's why I believed he can still fight anyone, but would rather test exhibition matches first. The money is there for sure as he still has a lot of boxing fans around the world, not just Filipinos that for sure will watch his fight against the South Korean youtuber.
He can still fight but having that thought of doing other priorities will make him less than with the best that he can. Manny can still make a lot of money with his fame and body through his age but I agree just for these showmatches and not with pro anymore.

And what if the crazy mind of the Paul brothers would come to that point that any of them would invite Manny to a showmatch and sure, it will make him a lot of money to be honest. More than probably the usual amount he's getting from his pro matches.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Yaunfitda

Merit: 575

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 05:20:01 AM

He tried to do what he had to do at the same time and he won at some point in time but later on Pacman realized that he is not getting any younger and should only pick one fight at a time that's why he retired after he lost to Ugas and focused on politics as he is also busy at that time for the presidential election.

Now, that he almost got all the time in the world, and just like what we've speculated, Pacman is not coming back but on an exhibition fight.
With the losses that he's made, that also made him realize that he's aged although he can still really box well. But age does really play a factor for athletes like in boxing.

That's right! But if only Manny Pacquiao wasn't that busy enough in his last fight then I seriously bet that the outcome of the fight would be much different and Yordenis Ugas would be the one who got defeated. Pacquiao was too busy that time he is also a senator while he is also preparing to run for presidency and then he got a fight.
And maybe there are too many things going into the mind of Senator Pacquiao that time, yes, he might have given all his time and focus to train, but the plan was put out of the window when Spence is not available and then Ugas step in as the replacement.

He can still fight but having that thought of doing other priorities will make him less than with the best that he can. Manny can still make a lot of money with his fame and body through his age but I agree just for these showmatches and not with pro anymore.

And what if the crazy mind of the Paul brothers would come to that point that any of them would invite Manny to a showmatch and sure, it will make him a lot of money to be honest. More than probably the usual amount he's getting from his pro matches.
And so if he wanted to make a comeback in pro boxing (not exhibition), Manny should shelve off everything in the table and focus on the fight at hand. But I guess still up to him if he wishes to make a comeback or not. Maybe his family doesn't want him to do so because he is not that young anymore. He can do exhibition just to keep him in fighting, at least he won't get the damage as severe as if he make a pro fight comeback.

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 08:41:30 AM

Here is my pick and prediction for the Canelo vs. GGG 3

Canelo Álvarez VS Gennadiy Golovkin

The Trilogy fight surely needs answers, but in their 1st fight it was surely a slow pace beginning rounds, in my opinion, Canelo Alvarez was on the advantage, and it was really a controversial result, but in their 2nd fight Canelo Alvarez has proven that he surely win their 1st fight, so in this trilogy fight I think I will go in favor with Canelo Alvarez,

Jesse Rodriguez VS Israel Gonzalez

for this fight, the younger Jesse Rodriguez really has a decent record that Israel Gonzalez and Rodriguez really getting with those KO/TKO wins he really keeps on going on with the kill, while Israel Gonzalez seems ok with his decision wins, so for me, Jesse Rodriguez might have a shot in winning here, so my pick will be Rodriguez,

Ali Akhmedov VS Gabriel Rosado

Even though Gabriel Rosado has the advantage on his reach and height, for me I am surely not mesmerized by his fight records while Ali Alhmedov pretty much has the punching power to KO his opponent and with those good records he racks on for me Ali Akhmedov is my pick here,

livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 07:41:12 PM

And so if he wanted to make a comeback in pro boxing (not exhibition), Manny should shelve off everything in the table and focus on the fight at hand. But I guess still up to him if he wishes to make a comeback or not. Maybe his family doesn't want him to do so because he is not that young anymore. He can do exhibition just to keep him in fighting, at least he won't get the damage as severe as if he make a pro fight comeback.
I think if it's going to be about the focus, that's where the problem starts. He can multi task and he believes on that while being a public official and a boxer, a pastor and now with other businesses that he's partnered with.

I've heard that his wife is already set for good and she doesn't want Manny to get back in boxing because they're already rich and can live the rest of their lives into so many generations for their kids without having problem.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 08:20:18 PM

Yeah, I guess that it will be a different story if he's not doing other things with his last match.

But that's it, it's better to accept it on his end and he'll just move on and do some other things to make himself busy. IIRC, the fighter was even changed at that very last minute of time and it wasn't Ugas, right?

Well, that wasn't the plan or it was the plan I guess together with the management. Wherever he goes, I'll still support him for his matches whether it'll be just for exhibitions.

Signature for rent
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2022, 08:26:59 PM

It wasn't his busy schedule that made him lose the fight.  It is the lack of strategy preparation and training on that strategy that made him lose.  He also stated it in the interview.  His failure to adjust to a different opponent since his training is for Spence but was replaced by Ugas.  So all the strategy and training on that strategy goes wasted and Manny has to reboot his training and strategy which does not come easy.  Even though his body condition is perfect, he needs to change his boxing strategy 11 days before the fight which he failed resulting in his defeat.

Yeah, I guess that it will be a different story if he's not doing other things with his last match.

The core problem isn't being busy but he failed to adapt to the playstyle of the replacement.

But that's it, it's better to accept it on his end and he'll just move on and do some other things to make himself busy. IIRC, the fighter was even changed at that very last minute of time and it wasn't Ugas, right?

Ugas is the replacement and I think it was 11 days before the fight.  So a sudden change in strategy in a short notice seems to be too much for Manny.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 08:57:09 PM

The core problem isn't being busy but he failed to adapt to the playstyle of the replacement.
He's also busy during that time IIRC. But can be said that it's one of the big problem that he has to consider on that exact match day.

Ugas is the replacement and I think it was 11 days before the fight.  So a sudden change in strategy in a short notice seems to be too much for Manny.
All right, thank you. Yeah, it was short notice when it was said that the original opponent was going to be replaced. And it was like the first time that I've seen sudden change of opponent for an official and pro match.

Signature for rent
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 09:44:25 PM

It is sure thing that Manny is busy on that time since he is preparing for presidency.  The thought of having to much in mind probably take toll on Manny's capability to adopt the new strategy when he learned about Ugas replacement.  After all he has been training the strategy prepared for his opponent then suddenly a new opponent is announced as a replacement with different play style.  So I guess, the pressure of deciding of running for presidency also gives a huge effect on his training.
Baofeng
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 10:59:08 PM

For sure, maybe the Paul brothers are just waiting for Manny to make a comeback and then invite them to a fight. But not sure about the weight though, in any case we will have to see.

Regarding Manny's focus, I do believed that he is focus on his fight with Spence that time and there was no distraction on his political side. He even asked the grace of Senate that he will take a leave of absence so that he can concentrate and bring glory to the Philippines again by fight Spence. But we all know what happened next, it was Ugas who beat him next and then he decided to retire.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
serjent05
Legendary

Merit: 1253

Cashback 15%

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 11:42:49 PM

For sure, maybe the Paul brothers are just waiting for Manny to make a comeback and then invite them to a fight. But not sure about the weight though, in any case we will have to see.

I am expecting a catch-weight if this happens Grin.   Manny is to light to fight Paul Brothers, they are in a heavier category which is quite too heavy from Manny's division.  If this happens and not a catch-weight fight, this will be very dangerous for Manny.

Regarding Manny's focus, I do believed that he is focus on his fight with Spence that time and there was no distraction on his political side. He even asked the grace of Senate that he will take a leave of absence so that he can concentrate and bring glory to the Philippines again by fight Spence. But we all know what happened next, it was Ugas who beat him next and then he decided to retire.

Well, Ugas benefitted from the event.  Luck, as many movies, and anime say, is part of a person's ability/skill  Grin Grin

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1352

View Profile
September 18, 2022, 12:27:37 AM

I am expecting a catch-weight if this happens Grin.   Manny is to light to fight Paul Brothers, they are in a heavier category which is quite too heavy from Manny's division.  If this happens and not a catch-weight fight, this will be very dangerous for Manny.

probably, as Manny's critics will say, he is the king of catchweight during his prime, reign of terror, winning 8 titles in different weight class, I doubt that it can be duplicated.

So yeah, why not fight at a catch weight? not sure who is going to fight him amongst the Paul brothers though. If my memory serves me right, Manny can fight as high as Middleweight, around 158 lbs and that could be the biggest weight that he can go because of his frame. But whatever, if there is a lot of money in the table, for sure there will meet somewhere in the middle to make this fight.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
LUCKMCFLY
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1848

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2022, 02:11:33 AM

Guys, what do you think about those famous people in other sports (like UFC, MMA) then suddenly will shift into boxing, not via professional boxing, but as an exhibition match? Or those who are already retired but suddenly will participate in an exhibition match against a non-boxer. It was all started by Floyd Mayweather Jr. and then from there, lots of boxing exhibition matches have been executed.

And the sad part, these people who are participating in exhibition matches are being paid more compared to professional boxers.

Many of my friends say that most of these exhibition fights are happening only for entertainment purposes.
Hence most of the fights are scripted and the fighters are being mega paid to do the fight as per the script.
This is how the sponsors are gaining money and I guess this might be the truth. This is the reason why I don't like exhibition fights.
You're right, really the exhibition fights are not bad but what I don't like is that it's already like a dramatization, they usually do them with iconic boxers, I remember when they were speculating about a possible fight and they had looked for Miker Tyson , that in fact he did not want to, perhaps because of how it is arranged he is not a man to be dramatizing, he is one more type of shock to make a good fight and to give a great show, he only reminded me of the fight of him when he took half an ear off the other boxer, I was small when I saw that, but I remember as if it had been today, it was something I couldn't believe.

probably, as Manny's critics will say, he is the king of catchweight during his prime, reign of terror, winning 8 titles in different weight class, I doubt that it can be duplicated.

So yeah, why not fight at a catch weight? not sure who is going to fight him amongst the Paul brothers though. If my memory serves me right, Manny can fight as high as Middleweight, around 158 lbs and that could be the biggest weight that he can go because of his frame. But whatever, if there is a lot of money in the table, for sure there will meet somewhere in the middle to make this fight.

Well, I think that Pacquiao should fight, and the weight category should not exceed 160lb, so he still has a lot to prove, I don't know very well if he is still focused on politics, that's what he does It disconcerts him, and I think it is one of the things that makes him stop with respect to everything that his professional career represents, something like that happened to him when he was going to face Mayweather that practically what he did was run all over the ring, so I think this time he needs to prepare with everything, because not only for his fans but for all the Filipino people who still believe in him and his followers worldwide.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 236 »
  Print  

Jump to: