Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:00:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82226 times)
ComputerCowboy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:25:04 PM

My friend's ASIC is down, and mine is still doing under 50%.
Well, at least the pain of missing out on SC mining at .02BTC MH is over and scrypt mining is back to baseline.
$4 a day right now on my $1600 blade.  ROI with GAW Miners is currently not looking possible.
Ordered it almost a month ago, and I've made maybe around .70BTC/$360 back including their double hash promotion.
I need to get that 5.2MH+ at least on average to stand a chance, and they have not delivered this average.

PeaMine,

Send me an email, jeff@gawminers.com and CC it to support@gawminers.com
Send in your order # with it. I WILL investigate and SOLVE this issue.

I am at the data-center right now, and I'll be here for the next four days. We have some more great software and hardware solutions coming online right now.

I literally sleep almost never. I love writing code and having fun, but I am also passionate about finding real, lasting solutions for customers. Sometimes it is just something really simple. Trust me if we keep at it we'll get there.

-Jeff
bones

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:15:03 PM

My 4 blades are also not functioning properly for most of the day.
I opened 1 tickets and nothing is solved.
I was told equipment being moved to a new datacentre.
You said 2 hrs downtime in the email.
This has been well over 12 hrs.
The UI has not been allowing proper interaction all day.

Sending email to Jeff now.

PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:28:25 AM

My friend's ASIC is down, and mine is still doing under 50%.
Well, at least the pain of missing out on SC mining at .02BTC MH is over and scrypt mining is back to baseline.
$4 a day right now on my $1600 blade.  ROI with GAW Miners is currently not looking possible.
Ordered it almost a month ago, and I've made maybe around .70BTC/$360 back including their double hash promotion.
I need to get that 5.2MH+ at least on average to stand a chance, and they have not delivered this average.

Jeff got it sorted out, thanks Jeff, make sure you get a raise.
Make sure you get a copy of the emails going to the main support email, as that's where I emailed first and got no real response.
Now to fix this: Last 24h Profits   0.00578953 BTC ouch normally is  .02 + even with LTC.  Least things are back to normal speed.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:39:41 PM

Are GAW any quicker now to respond to support tickets? Back when I started this thread it was so incredibly annoying to wait days for a response to a ticket, and the responses were often absurd, like this one guy COMPLAINED that responding to my ticket was depriving him of sleep or something like that Smiley

On the other hand they would delete negative comments from the thread almost immediately and often would send a PM asking for an order/ticket number "to help", even though the post to the thread was exactly because they couldn't be bothered to look at tickets. Clearly dedicating more resources to polishing their image than to actually serving paying customers.

Has any of that changed?
cryptofunk

Activity: 372

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:12:15 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 01:09:24 AM by cryptofunk

Are GAW any quicker now to respond to support tickets? Back when I started this thread it was so incredibly annoying to wait days for a response to a ticket, and the responses were often absurd, like this one guy COMPLAINED that responding to my ticket was depriving him of sleep or something like that Smiley

On the other hand they would delete negative comments from the thread almost immediately and often would send a PM asking for an order/ticket number "to help", even though the post to the thread was exactly because they couldn't be bothered to look at tickets. Clearly dedicating more resources to polishing their image than to actually serving paying customers.

Has any of that changed?

In my experience I've waited anywhere from minutes to 24 hours but generally got an initial reply within an hour or two for the last 2 weeks I would say.  Depends how busy they are I guess but 2h for a reply isn't that bad.
cryptofunk

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:24:55 PM

Has any of that changed?

Exact same experience here.  Tickets don't seem to really do anything since they've grown, but a couple of techs on the forums will indeed fix the problem very quickly if they are available.

I don't like how the price protection has become open to negotiation.  The owner is trying to make things right out of their own pocket, which is actually their policy in regards to buyback and price protection.
This is what they should do by default if so, not something their customers must bring to their attention and have to plead for.

I really feel dumb cause I talked 2 of my friends into buying with them and now they have the same issues I have.
Also was too late for founders club, but just a day too early to score rewards and referral rewards from all this.  Also too early to get any form of compensation from the huge price drop.
At least I got my double hash promotion, which helped with the downtime for a bit, but my average hash rate even with the double hash promotion figured in is well below 5MH AVG now from all the issues.

PeaMine, I'm in the same boat as you about the purchase date, missed the founders by just a couple of days, the rewards and referral program came days after I purchased and like you I won't get any compensation for the price drop when people in the founders club buying their blade at $3k ending up taking ownership of 2 instead of 1.  With that said mining is often about taking a gamble so I'm somewhat comfortable with the fact that I've lost money.

Don't think it's GAW's fault that Gridseed never went to business school or doesn't know what treating customers with respect implies, Gridseed is a rude company and people keep up with it because they have the monopoly right now for another couple of weeks.  I'm sure the community and most distributors will remember how they screwed everyone so many times in the last couple of months next time they come up with a new product.  If I were them, I would get all distributors to lead Gridseed to believe that they will buy thousands upon thousands of units from them and never go through with the actual purchases when the time comes, that would teach them a lesson or two about humility.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:33:24 PM

Based on the fact that we own the miners (we aren't leasing them, we purchased them) I would expect a little more transparency in regards to what the underlying problem is.  No one ever replies to tell you what's actually going on.  If it's still really a power grid issue or a controller issue the best thing would likely be to just take ownership and run it myself.  If the problem is just that Gridseed produced a garbage quality product then taking ownership won't change a thing.  Knowing exactly what's affecting our units isn't much to ask.

I actually own (as in "host myself") quite a few blades and have never had any issues. I do reboot my controller every 12 hours as a precaution, but I don't know if that's even necessary, I haven't seen a blade go down in the three or four weeks I had them. With reliable power and USB connections these things seem to work as I expected. Now I could be extremely lucky here, and my two remaining blades with GAW hosting - earning below 80% of my own ones - might be in the unlucky category, but I find that hard to believe. Considering that they don't even provide a hashrate chart or any other historic uptime/downtime data the whole thing is amateurish at best. I log in to their "cloud" occasionally and see blades restarting or "Uptime 1h" - not really inspiring any confidence.
cryptofunk

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:58:03 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 01:07:40 AM by cryptofunk

I actually own (as in "host myself") quite a few blades and have never had any issues. I do reboot my controller every 12 hours as a precaution, but I don't know if that's even necessary, I haven't seen a blade go down in the three or four weeks I had them. With reliable power and USB connections these things seem to work as I expected. Now I could be extremely lucky here, and my two remaining blades with GAW hosting - earning below 80% of my own ones - might be in the unlucky category, but I find that hard to believe. Considering that they don't even provide a hashrate chart or any other historic uptime/downtime data the whole thing is amateurish at best. I log in to their "cloud" occasionally and see blades restarting or "Uptime 1h" - not really inspiring any confidence.

Same thing here, uptime up and down for me, likely the power reconfiguration in their server room.

What controller image are you using if I may ask?  Are you using raspberry pi?
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 10:18:36 PM

Based on the fact that we own the miners (we aren't leasing them, we purchased them) I would expect a little more transparency in regards to what the underlying problem is.  No one ever replies to tell you what's actually going on.  If it's still really a power grid issue or a controller issue the best thing would likely be to just take ownership and run it myself.  If the problem is just that Gridseed produced a garbage quality product then taking ownership won't change a thing.  Knowing exactly what's affecting our units isn't much to ask.

Same thing here, uptime is never high for me.

What controller image are you using if I may ask?  Are you using raspberry pi?

No, I'm using a "full-size" PC with ubuntu, as I have a bunch of other stuff running there. But I think raspberry should work too, I had a raspberry with my "cupcake" miners and it was ok for up to 20-25 miners.
Billsonl

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:08:45 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 02:25:46 AM by Billsonl

Here is my story with GAW hosted miners.

I purchased 2 hosted blade miners, one on 4/26/2014 that went live on the night of 5/2/04, the other was purchased on 5/3/2014.  Paid $3000 ($1,600 & $1,400) just before each price drop to $1,500 & $1,000 respectively, now they are worth $2,000.

Within the past week and half, there numerous constant outages.  Miners went offline for hours.  The last time it was like off-line for 12 hours.  I constant have to monitor it.  I have called and sent support tickets. The support staff are very polite but what is the point of hosting if I have constant monitor it?  Shouldn't they have some kind of alert when a miner goes offline?  

I don't think i will be buying any miners whether GAW or any other company soon.  Every time i buy one, the next day the price drops.  I think I will just buy LTC or BTC instead.  Why waste time mining?  In the 1.5 to 2 weeks time on my hosted miners, I have only mined about 6-7 LTC's so far.  My  $1600 $1500 blades will take 7-9 months to ROI without factoring in the difficulty increases.    That's way too much risk..
Billsonl

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:25:25 AM

I am getting frustrated with GAW hosted miners constant going offline.  Today, 05/11/2014,  I wrote an e-mail to CEO of GAW miners, Josh Garza.

Hi Josh,

Order # 4151 & 3593

I am sorry to write this.   Here is my story.

I purchased 2 hosted blade miners, one on 4/26/2014 that went live on the night of 5/2/04, the other was purchased on 5/3/2014.  I paid about $3000 ($1,600 & $1,400) just before each price drop to $1,500 & $1,000.

Within the past week and half, there were constant numerous constant outages.  Miners went offline for hours.  The last time it was like off-line for 12 hours i think.  I constant have to monitor it.  I have called and sent support tickets. The support staff are very polite but what is the point of hosting if I have constant monitor it? Shouldn't there be some kind of alert when a miner goes offline?  

In the 1.5 to 2 weeks time on my hosted miners, I have only mined about 6-7 LTC's so far.

Is there a way for me to cancel both orders and get refunded?  I will return all the LTC's that were mined.  The only reason I went with housing is so that it can be set on cruise-control.  

Please let me know what you think.

P.S, as i am writing this, one of my blade is offline again.  This is really frustrating.

Sincerely yours

BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:58:31 AM

I have had 2 hosted blades for a couples weeks now.

Yes I have had some issues with "up time" for my blades. 

I always send support tickets and my issues get resolved in a timely friendly manner.  This is rare to find in other companies with this type of service.

My "up time" has been improving in the last few days.  It seems to get better everyday as GAW Tech support fixes the stability issues via infrastructure and software updates.

ATM my 2 blades have been up for 17 hours solid without any issues.  I do notice the UI shows them down randomly buy my pool Hash rate doesn't skip a beat so I think that is a UI bug.  Jeff?

I don't like what happen with the pricing for blades but it is what it is.  It is the nature of mining, hardware and ROI.  This is NOT NEW news so I don't why people buy in to mining hardware if they don't fully understand it is a pure gamble.

As for GAW Miners, compared to any other the mining hardware vendors  ---GAW Miners far exceeds any of them is support and customer service so far in my opinion.  Hopefully they will survive all these bumps in the road.

That's my 2 cents.

Billsonl

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:26:28 AM

I have had 2 hosted blades for a couples weeks now.

Yes I have had some issues with "up time" for my blades. 

I always send support tickets and my issues get resolved in a timely friendly manner.  This is rare to find in other companies with this type of service.

My "up time" has been improving in the last few days.  It seems to get better everyday as GAW Tech support fixes the stability issues via infrastructure and software updates.

ATM my 2 blades have been up for 17 hours solid without any issues.  I do notice the UI shows them down randomly buy my pool Hash rate doesn't skip a beat so I think that is a UI bug.  Jeff?

I don't like what happen with the pricing for blades but it is what it is.  It is the nature of mining, hardware and ROI.  This is NOT NEW news so I don't why people buy in to mining hardware if they don't fully understand it is a pure gamble.

As for GAW Miners, compared to any other the mining hardware vendors  ---GAW Miners far exceeds any of them is support and customer service so far in my opinion.  Hopefully they will survive all these bumps in the road.

That's my 2 cents.

you are absolutely correct. I think i might have to host it myself but i don't want to buy another raspberry-pi to run it.  It's not good to throw good money after bad.
cryptofunk

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:49:38 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 01:06:19 AM by cryptofunk

ATM my 2 blades have been up for 17 hours solid without any issues.  I do notice the UI shows them down randomly buy my pool Hash rate doesn't skip a beat so I think that is a UI bug.  Jeff?

I also have random issues, support is usually very good but the downside of cloud hosting is that it will never be as fast as myself pushing the reset switch.
BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:44:40 PM

I sure hope that those of us that have pre-ordered the GAW Branded Scrypt Miners (re-branded ZeusMiner hardware) will be able to received all these benefits too (or better)==>  http://zeusminer.com/2014/05/07/progress-update-20140507/

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:36:10 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 03:21:05 AM by Halofire

I sure hope that those of us that have pre-ordered the GAW Branded Scrypt Miners (re-branded ZeusMiner hardware) will be able to received all these benefits too (or better)==>  http://zeusminer.com/2014/05/07/progress-update-20140507/

especially the patch zeus is promising. I just saw the freebies zeus is giving out, means our gen A will get 50% less hashes than customers at zeus, if gaw doesn't come thru for us.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Alpharisc

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:41:11 AM

So, my blade is down again. Great.
Billsonl

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:12:13 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 10:30:13 PM by Billsonl

my hosted blades have been down for the past 24 hours.  I e-mail and call.  nothing they can do.  But the lady that answered the phone is really nice tho.  Said she will put in a ticket for me and restarted my miners for me.  That's the only thing she said she can do.  All the tech's are at the warehouse. Undecided

edited to add:  I contacted Josh, CEO, of GAW miners.  He has personally reached out to me and compensated me for my lost time.  As of today, 05/19/2014, I have upgraded my 2 hosted miners to the Widow. Very happy with GAW's service.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:40:10 PM

I am actually really disturbed by what I am reading here and what I've observed in the moderated GAW thread.  While shameless self-promotion is generally an accepted practice, I see next to no senior/hero members commenting on good experiences with GAW and mainly people complaining about shipping delays, incorrect orders, hosting issues, etc.  This leads me to believe GAW is very good at convincing people to come to the forum to post "good experiences" but is lacking on actually providing those experiences (i.e., I have had fantastic interactions with one of their rival vendors, who I won't name, but never once have they asked me to come spam for them on the forums).

Can anyone with hosting provide a good update on what the situation has been?  Personally I oversee my own mini-farm (4 blades, 3 5-chips) and one for a colleague (now at 6 blades and I don't even know how many 5-chips) and they run 100% uptime with around 99% accepted using RPi + Raspbian + Sandor111's CPUMiner, in fact, blades average 5.6MH @ 838 freq with no other interaction required.  There is no reason for hosted miners to be down so often, with a few days of tweaking and professional employees everyone who purchased hosting should see similar uptime and acceptance rates since this is what the average joe can throw together with a blade and a rpi.

I don't want to slander anyone, but the general sentiment regarding GAW combined with deleted posts on the WARMINER thread, and the general unprofessional/over-hubrisy tone when their CEO posts (spell check?) don't paint a picture of a major player but someone who is presenting themselves as bigger than they are.  When questioned in regards to the Zeus chips connection the response was that the chips were GAW's, while we know all the vendors are either straight-selling Zeus hardware or just getting branded versions.

These things just don't sit right, I'm happy there is an unmoderated thread to discuss this because I don't like slamming someone on their own sales thread.

That thread is not meant for us to be posting in to begin with, meant for new info about their products and is there for help for people to read to aid them. GAW is only a few months old, how do you expect them to have hero members when they only post in a few threads?

That's as far as my defense goes for them though for now. I'm waiting to see outcome of this zeus/generation A thing and Project Prime before I go any farther with comments, since zeus is giving out free miners...

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
cryptofunk

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:49:08 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 01:05:12 AM by cryptofunk

That thread is not meant for us to be posting in to begin with, meant for new info about their products and is there for help for people to read to aid them. GAW is only a few months old, how do you expect them to have hero members when they only post in a few threads?

That's as far as my defense goes for them though. I'm waiting to see outcome of this zeus/generation A thing before I go any farther with comments, since zeus is giving out free miners...

Well, they sometime ask you to post reviews, a good or a not so good review is still a review. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: