Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:56:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82227 times)
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:49:09 PM

in the zeus litecointalk forum, from what i understand, zeus is leaving the patch up to the community, that they can't reduce the power use but they should be able to increase the hashrate if tweaked correctly. Who knows who or what will actually come thru though. People are saying 3.1.1 isn't updated enough which is what I brought up in a question in the locked forum. After a lot of reading of forums searching for cgminer to compile myself (IF I could on windows easily) I found the Icarus drivers were buggy back in 3.1.1, so if gaw or zeus didn't fix what they copied, there ya go.

On another note....

Thank you, Josh, for the additional credit you announced. I noticed zeus was offering new perks as well, so I'm glad to see you came up with something too. Instead of store credit, can you send it in crypto like BTC or LTC or other alts? Perhaps make an option on the website to use store credit to buy some coin that you guys mine during testing, for those people not wanting more tech?  Thank you Josh!
https://community.gawminers.com/gawminers/topics/generation_a_pricing_credit

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:52:07 PM

in the zeus litecointalk forum, from what i understand, zeus is leaving the patch up to the community, that they can't reduce the power use but they should be able to increase the hashrate if tweaked correctly. Who knows who or what will actually come thru though. People are saying 3.1.1 isn't updated enough which is what I brought up in a question in the locked forum. After a lot of reading of forums searching for cgminer to compile myself (IF I could on windows easily) I found the Icarus drivers were buggy back in 3.1.1, so if gaw or zeus didn't fix what they copied, there ya go.

On another note....

Thank you, Josh, for the additional credit you announced. I noticed zeus was offering new perks as well, so I'm glad to see you came up with something too. Instead of store credit, can you send it in crypto like BTC or LTC or other alts? Perhaps make an option on the website to use store credit to buy some coin that you guys mine during testing, for those people not wanting more tech?  Thank you Josh!

Is GAW going to replace the crap power supplies for Fury customers?  Also, what good is a store credit since it requires people to purchase more from GAW in order to get what they are owed?  Personally I feel I am still due Week 1 shipping compensation because the package was not in DHL's hands until the 28th, but that's another thing entirely.

Sorry, throwing money around is still not adequate, especially when the money is really just credit towards future GAW purchases.
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

With recent news, I'm glad I went with GAW.
I did have some downtime issues, but even my home hosted stuff I've had issues as it's a chip quality issue I guess.
Josh compensated me for the downtime and has always responded same day.
Scrypt ASICs are crazy home hosted, I only do it in a shed lol, but having them hosted elsewhere and compensation for all issues, is relaxing actually.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

I did have some downtime issues, but even my home hosted stuff I've had issues as it's a chip quality issue I guess.
Scrypt ASICs are crazy home hosted, I only do it in a shed lol, but having them hosted elsewhere and compensation for all issues, is relaxing actually.
This is how GAW works, you just need to contact them directly if you're having any problems, and they'll take care of you.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 08:33:16 PM

On another note....

I think there are two different issues: cgminer/zenminer/etc i.e. mining software, and firmware for the miners themselves.

Zeus promised a quick firmware update after the initial release, since they were so far off their power consumption targets, but apparently that was only an attempt to reduce order cancellations and there is no improved firmware forthcoming any time soon.

As for the mining software, this is way too confusing - if you go to Zenminer website you'll see them claiming they support Zeus, but Zeus themselves are not mentioning Zenminer anywhere and as far as I can figure out they are instead working on their own controller software (that's where the "community" is supposed to pitch in). Well, I have the DHL package waiting for me, will try to sort this out over the weekend.

GAW credits are great unless you purchased a Fury or upgraded a hosted blade to a Black Widow, in which case you're apparently SOL.
happydaze

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:52:40 PM

This is how GAW works, you just need to contact them directly if you're having any problems, and they'll take care of you.

Sometimes they need a public push in the right direction.  Going private on the used miners didn't help me at all.  Ended up needing the community here to give them a nudge to do the right thing.  They did give me some store credit though which was appreciated.  I hope they clearly list used miners as used going forward.  I'd expect them to have some if upgrading customers older stuff to newer miners.

I hope GAW rejoins BTCTalk.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:41:28 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 02:27:16 AM by alienesb

GAW credits are great unless you purchased a Fury or upgraded a hosted blade to a Black Widow, in which case you're apparently SOL.

I know that feeling but they didn't have to give us the $500 blade to widow upgrade either so less room to complain there. I'm happy.
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:37:14 PM

OK WTF !!!! I ORDERED A FURY AND GOT A RASPBERRY PI INSTEAD!!!!! ??  Roll Eyes WHATS THE FEKKIN ' DEAL!!!

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:38:02 PM

I'm really disappointed in the email I got today from GAW. They emailed me saying they cannot host my week 3 war machine. I don't have the proper electrical setup to run a 2000w miner nor do I have the psus. They offered me 3 furys as compensation but that hardly makes up for 3-5days of lost mining, plus the cost of having to purchase 2 1200w psu's to run it myself.

A Synopsis of issues so far:

1. Bought war machine week 3 day one. Power Consumption Listed at 1080w.
2. Bought a 1300w power supply.
3. Power Consumption upped to 1500w, my power supply is useless.
4. Upgraded to a Hosted Miner
5. Power Consumption raised to 2000w.
6. Received email that they cannot host my miner.

It's been problem after problem after problem with my order. I'm really in a shitty situation right now. Not a happy camper Sad

Hello!

My name is Luke Rusten and I am a representative of GAW Miners. I am contacting you today because we are having difficulty allocating the resources necessary to host your Week 3 War Machine and/or Falcon. We extend our deepest apologies to you for this, but we have a solution that may make you happy.

Please respond to this email so we can discuss the offer I am prepared to give you to rectify the situation personally. Your satisfaction is, and always will be our number one priority!

Thank you for your business!
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:39:53 PM

OK WTF !!!! I ORDERED A FURY AND GOT A RASPBERRY PI INSTEAD!!!!! ??  Roll Eyes WHATS THE FEKKIN ' DEAL!!!

Hi, the miner and FREE controller were shipped separately. There have a been a few newsletters about this, as well as, updated in our forums. Please email us at info@gawminers.com for tracking if you have not received your miner yet. Thanks!
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:42:53 PM

I'm really disappointed in the email I got today from GAW. They emailed me saying they cannot host my week 3 war machine. I don't have the proper electrical setup to run a 2000w miner nor do I have the psus. They offered me 3 furys as compensation but that hardly makes up for 3-5days of lost mining, plus the cost of having to purchase 2 1200w psu's to run it myself.

It's been problem after problem after problem with my order. I'm really in a shitty situation right now. Not a happy camper Sad

To be clear, you were offered a full refund as an option.

I am sorry your disappointed. But we would rather return your money or ship it to you then provide a service that you may not be happy with.
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:43:47 PM

Hi, the miner and FREE controller were shipped separately. There have a been a few newsletters about this, as well as, updated in our forums. Please email us at info@gawminers.com for tracking if you have not received your miner yet. Thanks!

MY ORDER DIDN'T COME WITH A FREE CONTROLLER!!! I DON'T THINK!!!!? SO WHERES THE MINER?? =\

===>WHO IS THIS ANYWAYS? WHAT'S YOUR NAME..CAN YOU PLEASE PM ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER? THANKS!!!

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:52:38 PM

I am sorry your disappointed. But we would rather return your money or ship it to you then provide a service that you may not be happy with.

It would have been nice to have a few more options to work with you other than get 3 free furies or a full refund. I just placed a new order for week 4 black widows a few days ago and I would have been happy with a shipping upgrade on those or something else. I was really left with an ultimatum of a refund or 3 free furies and that was all that I was offered. I asked for a call and or a phone # to speak to the rep and was for the most part ignored. I haven't heard any response from my last followup email sent about 2 hours ago.

GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:55:11 PM

It would have been nice to have a few more options to work with you other than get 3 free furies or a full refund. I just placed a new order for week 4 black widows a few days ago and I would have been happy with a shipping upgrade on those or something else. I was really left with an ultimatum of a refund or 3 free furies and that was all that I was offered. I asked for a call and or a phone # to speak to the rep and was for the most part ignored. I haven't heard any response from my last followup email sent about 2 hours ago.

As you can imagine, there is a lot of folks we are working with. It mat take longer then two hours to hear back.....

If you want to contact me at josh@gawminers.com I would be happy to see what I can additionally do for you.
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 11:04:44 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 12:28:57 AM by BBmodBB

As you can imagine, there is a lot of folks we are working with. It mat take longer then two hours to hear back.....

If you want to contact me at josh@gawminers.com I would be happy to see what I can additionally do for you.

*edit*--thanks for answering my email ===> you guys shipped me only a raspberry pi which is not included on my invoice,,,please clarify >>> MANY THANKS!!!!

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:38:44 PM

Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:47:54 PM

seriously check your INBOX! ===> you guys shipped me the wrong fucking thing!!!! NOT COOL BRAH!!!!

YOU ARE SOME KINDA CEO??? WHAT'S YOUR NAME? WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED ON EARTH? THANKS!!!!

Maybe u are getting a pi and a fury. pi's came with furies at one point. give it until tomorrow. my pi came a day earlier.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 12:07:58 AM

Cheesy lol no worries just got off the phone with them guess it's shipping in two separate packages!!! scrrrrr

*WILL UPDATE WHEN IT ARRIVES!!* easyyyyyy

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 02:12:36 AM

If you are having trouble with GAW Gen A or other Zeus clones try Hashra software:

http://hashra.com/support/

I can't vouch for the "PC cgminer" download, but the Pi software (I downloaded the Launcher image) works very well. I have a Zeus Blizzard aka GAW Fury. Make sure to set the correct number of chips on the settings page (6 for the Blizzard/Fury).
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 02:18:42 AM

Someone stick a FORK in me!  I am done...!

I am in the same boat and I AM NOT HAPPY!

I think I am just going to throw in towel and ask for my $10k+ worth orders for week 3 to be refunded back to me!!   Back to my credit card too and not a store credit either!

Tired of waiting weeks to only find out I cannot get what I paid for!

Totally pisses me off GAW waits till the last business day of the last week before our hosted Miners are suppose to go live to tell us "OH Sorry we cannot delivery what we promised!"!

GAW should have already learned from weeks ago about over committing their hosted resources and over promising what they can deliver!

GAW should have never put up hosted Miners for sale if they can't host them!

GAW offers free stuff to try to make up for not being able to host the miner BUT they don't get the point that some of us cannot host our own miners.

The whole point is that I was buying a hosted miner.  I am not interested in purchasing a non hosted miner...

Also Josh since you are running the show and blatantly cannot delivery on what the customer purchased then YOU should be the 1 reaching out to those people affected to figure out how to remedy the situation.  Shipping the miner to the customer is not a remedy when the customer purchased a hosted miner!

The 1st time GAW couldn't deliver on all their hosted product a few weeks ago we all turned a blinded eye and gave GAW a pass.  This is BS this is happening for a 2nd time.  So is this standard practice now to pull a Bait and Switch stunt on your customers?  Shame on you!

It is not the customer's fault that GAW cannot do simple capacity planning?!  It is not rocket science.

It is not the customer's fault that GAW did not know the full power specs of the products they are selling?  How is that possible?  People are tired of the excuses.  Take ownership of your responsibilities to the customer on this.

Also I am a member of the "GAW Founders Club" which obviously does not mean anything.   So much for the "Unlimited hosting & electricity for your miners" clause ==> http://www.gawminers.com/blog/gaw-founders-club/

This sure is GAWful!!

Angry

Grin \v\v\v= RRR0TFL/\/\FA000000000000000!!! ===>

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: