Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:56:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82226 times)
ychunlau

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:35:13 PM

Now,  let me tell you my story.
I have ordered a "used" gridseed blade from their website. However, after more than a week(I ordered on 28th May morning EU time) they found out they ran out of used blades. They offered to drop ship a new blade to me.  Now the price of blade has dropped to $615(minerEU), while i was paying $749 not including shipment...
And now, i still dont have the tracking number and no reply from the customer support(i emailed since friday afternoon EU time, that is suppose not holiday and enough time for them to reply.)
Now, the story was i ordered a blade on 28th may.
first the system sent me the "tracking number" on 29th may, however, when i checked the status, i saw the parcel was delivered on Jan 2014, so i email their customer support, Jonathan told me that USPS reuse their tracking number, so the info should appear soon(up to 48hrs).
Around 1 day after(29th May), the status has been changed to "pre-shipment". Ok, then i wait for 2 more days because i thought the status wont change in short time.
Until 30th may pm, i emailed their customer service and tell them the status is still "pre-shipment" and ask them to double check what happen. Jonathan replied to me in the afternoon he need to call USPS to check what happened...so i wait
Since 31th May and 1st June is weekend, so i need to wait until 2nd June to have result.....

I emailed him again on 3rd june, because i hear no reply on 2nd june, until 3rd June 6pm EU time, he told me that the reason may be their sales did not post the product. WTF...but ok, so i wait.........
4th June no reply, 5th june emailed in the morning but still no reply...
Until 5th June pm, I have ran out my patient, i want to have an explanation asap because they have delayed me for more than a week! I saw other people on this forum got their device mining and price keep dropping week by week.
I checked their support website and i saw there is a post from another person asking his blade is missing and no reply on his email too. therefore, i replied that message, hoping there is some reply from them.

Finally on 5th June pm, i got the reply from Amanda(not Jonathan who i kept pushing...)
"
Hello,

I am so sorry for the delay. We ran out of used blades so we are actually dropshipping a brand new one to you! We expect to have tracking tomorrow, but are still waiting for an answer.

Thank you for your patience.
Amanda
"
Today is 7th June....However, I did not receive any update today~!
WTF is happening to them.....

Some more I noticed that they removed the post people complain about the shipment on their "support" page. I was replying another guy's post because he also didnt get his shipment and no reply from email, and I dont know what is following up on his case.

The only think i can think of is 1) refund or 2) compensate on some way as at last friday, minerEU is selling brand new blade for $615. they should either match the price or give me refund!!! My order number is 7217

I can call my credit card company to dispute this transaction anytime as i DID NOT receive my order, not even a tracking number as long as i present the email evidence to the bank. Luckily i did not choose to pay by bitcoin after last time being cheated by BFL....
I guess they GAWminer people should give us some explanation on these missing orders.

Normally i would not spent such time in typing these, I have given more than enough patient on them, but after i saw the complain post has been removed, i decided to post here because i am sure my post will not be deleted in here.
 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:55:23 PM

Now,  let me tell you my story.
I have ordered a "used" gridseed blade from their website. However, after more than a week(I ordered on 28th May morning EU time) they found out they ran out of used blades. They offered to drop ship a new blade to me.  Now the price of blade has dropped to $615(minerEU), while i was paying $749 not including shipment...
And now, i still dont have the tracking number and no reply from the customer support(i emailed since friday afternoon EU time, that is suppose not holiday and enough time for them to reply.)
Now, the story was i ordered a blade on 28th may.
first the system sent me the "tracking number" on 29th may, however, when i checked the status, i saw the parcel was delivered on Jan 2014, so i email their customer support, Jonathan told me that USPS reuse their tracking number, so the info should appear soon(up to 48hrs).
Around 1 day after(29th May), the status has been changed to "pre-shipment". Ok, then i wait for 2 more days because i thought the status wont change in short time.
Until 30th may pm, i emailed their customer service and tell them the status is still "pre-shipment" and ask them to double check what happen. Jonathan replied to me in the afternoon he need to call USPS to check what happened...so i wait
Since 31th May and 1st June is weekend, so i need to wait until 2nd June to have result.....

I emailed him again on 3rd june, because i hear no reply on 2nd june, until 3rd June 6pm EU time, he told me that the reason may be their sales did not post the product. WTF...but ok, so i wait.........
4th June no reply, 5th june emailed in the morning but still no reply...
Until 5th June pm, I have ran out my patient, i want to have an explanation asap because they have delayed me for more than a week! I saw other people on this forum got their device mining and price keep dropping week by week.
I checked their support website and i saw there is a post from another person asking his blade is missing and no reply on his email too. therefore, i replied that message, hoping there is some reply from them.

Finally on 5th June pm, i got the reply from Amanda(not Jonathan who i kept pushing...)
"
Hello,

I am so sorry for the delay. We ran out of used blades so we are actually dropshipping a brand new one to you! We expect to have tracking tomorrow, but are still waiting for an answer.

Thank you for your patience.
Amanda
"
Today is 7th June....However, I did not receive any update today~!
WTF is happening to them.....

Some more I noticed that they removed the post people complain about the shipment on their "support" page. I was replying another guy's post because he also didnt get his shipment and no reply from email, and I dont know what is following up on his case.

The only think i can think of is 1) refund or 2) compensate on some way as at last friday, minerEU is selling brand new blade for $615. they should either match the price or give me refund!!! My order number is 7217

I can call my credit card company to dispute this transaction anytime as i DID NOT receive my order, not even a tracking number as long as i present the email evidence to the bank. Luckily i did not choose to pay by bitcoin after last time being cheated by BFL....
I guess they GAWminer people should give us some explanation on these missing orders.

Normally i would not spent such time in typing these, I have given more than enough patient on them, but after i saw the complain post has been removed, i decided to post here because i am sure my post will not be deleted in here.
 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

yes man something seems not right they ship me a box with everything but the miner i ordered!!! now a day later still no tracking number... i will give them till the end of the day today to send me a tracking number or hopefully it arrives sometime here today soon!!!! Does someone need to start kicking down doors or WAT???

=\

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:21:41 PM

Darkwinde bfgminer being compiled for windows for zeus, i will post as soon as it hits the web. it will work on hashra and gaw too i'm assuming.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:53:14 AM

yes man something seems not right they ship me a box with everything but the miner i ordered!!!

As far as I know, the miners come in 2 separate packages. 

BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 01:33:12 AM

yes man something seems not right they ship me a box with everything but the miner i ordered!!!

ok where's the tracking number for the second one?...why didn't you guys tell me it was coming in two different packages as a courtesy ? ~as that would only make sense business wize!!!  Roll Eyes hello?

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:51:37 AM

ok where's the tracking number for the second one?...why didn't you guys tell me it was coming in two different packages as a courtesy ? ~as that would only make sense business wize!!!  Roll Eyes hello?

It was discussed on GAW's site here: https://community.gawminers.com/gawminers/topics/week_2_shipping_update
and here https://community.gawminers.com/gawminers/topics/got_my_week_2_fury_box_it_had_everything_except_the_fury_inside
Just contact them if you don't have tracking.

robmob

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 03:07:09 PM

I had a mixed experience with Gaw starting out. After contacting support They went above and beyond to help me and that blew me out of the water. I was very upset at the time as I ordered a fury and it came with no power supply.I know this is a human mistake and mistakes happen they went good for it my compensating time lost and sending out new power supply that made me very happy.

Crypto Currency Communityhttp://cryptoinfinity.com

Donate BTC:15YMgV1nb97bpRqBT7CEf6ryo37gqeeRpL
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 03:47:52 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 03:58:00 PM by suchmoon

I did some power consumption and temperature testing with the Blizzard:

With the included no-name 12V 5A power supply: 49W
PSU temperature, top side, 25C ambient, no extra cooling: 60C
PSU temperature, bottom side laid flat on a wooden surface: 78C

With a 12V 30A power supply (the kind that used to come with Gridseed 10-packs): 56W
Note: this PSU is drawing ~6W with nothing connected to it.

With an 80+ Bronze ATX PSU at 70% load: 45W

Blizzard temperature, bottom of the heatsink, 25C ambient: 45C

Wattage readings were taken with a Kill-A-Watt at the wall with a single Blizzard, not including the controller or other peripherals, except with the ATX PSU, which had other devices on it for a total of ~70% rated capacity (450/650W).

Temperature readings were taken with an infrared thermometer and the bottom-of-the-psu reading is obviously understated as it probably lost a few degrees when I lifted it to measure. Another thing to note is that these are exterior temperatures.

I let the Blizzard run for 10 minutes before each measurement, to make sure it's hashing at full speed. I noticed that on the ATX PSU I get ~1.33-1.34 MH/s versus 1.28-1.32 MH/s on the other two PSUs, but that could be just a coincidence and I'm too lazy to reconnect everything to measure again.

I'm thinking I could remove the fans and stack the miners to be cooled by an external fan. Four Blizzards are close to one Gridseed Blade in performance and are more compact. Shame about power consumption though, twice that of Gridseed.

tl;dr If you have more than a couple of Blizzards/Furys (Furies?) use a proper ATX PSU. If you insist on using the included PSU make sure it's well ventilated, don't place it on a flat surface. The miner itself is adequately cooled by the stock fan.

EDIT: I couldn't verify the theory of power consumption being dependent on difficulty. I tried DOGE and LTC (about an order of magnitude difference) and the power consumption was identical. I tried different pool difficulties (128 to 1024) and didn't see any difference either. I have to call bullshit on this (again).

EDIT2: forgot to mention that frequency was set to 328 in all tests.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:26:59 PM

When I had my Fury using the brick I elevated it it a bit with some pencils underneath and pointed a 120mm fan at it. I have it jacked into a PSU now.
Billsonl

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:31:54 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 08:52:17 PM by Billsonl

Gawminer's support site https://hashtrader.com/ is currently down with the message "502 Bad Gateway" .  Today, 06/09/2014, my week 3 hosted Black Widows are suppose to be online and they haven't yet.  

My week 2 hosted War Machine is down (it was hashing at just 52-54 mh/s and not the reported 65 mh/ by others).  One of my fury is only hashing at 0.99 mh/s).  E-mailed support about my down War Machine but no response yet.  I tried contracting them thru their website chat, but all I get is " Customer Service
We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

I am waiting for their store credit to show up in my account so i can make another purchase?.....today is not a good day for me...  Cry
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:47:33 PM

Yep hashtrader has been down 90+ minutes and I still don't have my 3 hosted Week 3 Black Widows hashing away.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 08:48:33 PM

Gawminer's support site https://hashtrader.com/ is currently down with the message "502 Bad Gateway" .  Today, 06/09/2014, my week 3 hosted Black Widows are suppose to be online and they haven't yet.  

My week 2 hosted War Machine is down (it was hashing at just 52-54 mh/s and not the reported 65 mh/ by others).  One of my fury is only hashing at 0.99 mh/s).  E-mailed support about my down War Machine but no response yet.  I tried contracting them thru their website chat, but all I get is " Customer Service
We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

I am waiting for their store credit to show up in my account.....today is not a good day for me...

I'll try my best GAW impersonation:

hashtrader.com is not a GAW website and it's definitely somebody else's fault

6/9 has not ended yet in some part of the world, be patient

Support is working overtime because we are so successful, just create a new ticket once in a while and we'll get back to you eventually

E-mail josh@gawminers.com if everything else fails

Yeah, I know I'm not very good at this, sorry.
Billsonl

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:58:59 PM

I am waiting for their store credit to show up in my account.....today is not a good day for me...

Support is working overtime because we are so successful, just create a new ticket once in a while and we'll get back to you eventually

Don't get me wrong, they (GAW) do have the best customer service in any ASIC company currenlty.  But there are just too much of things going wrong.  and to get things right you have to get Josh the CEO or their people involved.  I don't want to constantly keep monitoring the UI.  I just want it to work.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:11:01 PM

Don't get me wrong, they (GAW) do have the best customer service in any ASIC company currenlty.  But there are just too much of things going wrong.  and to get things right you have to get Josh the CEO or their people involved.  I don't want to constantly keep monitoring the UI.  I just want it to work.

To be fair any week 3 issues - tracking/hosting/etc - aren't really issues until tomorrow, i.e. when it's really overdue.

I'm still puzzled why they can't have automated monitoring for hosted hardware. I had cobbled together some scripts for my own hardware soon after I got more than a handful rigs, you'd think a hosting service should have that from day one.
Billsonl

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:25:46 PM

To be fair any week 3 issues - tracking/hosting/etc - aren't really issues until tomorrow, i.e. when it's really overdue.

I'm still puzzled why they can't have automated monitoring for hosted hardware. I had cobbled together some scripts for my own hardware soon after I got more than a handful rigs, you'd think a hosting service should have that from day one.

Yup, you are correct.  I have brought this up with GAW in my previous support tickets/emails.  There should be some kind of alert that gets sent once hash drops below a predetermined percentage.  Ghash.io has that.  Whenever my miners' hash rate drops, i get an e-mail from Ghash.  GAW should have this too.  This will reduce the amount of support tickets.

I am one of those people that checks my hash rate in like every hour, on the desktop while at work, on my phone while on lunch and about, on the tablet while at home etc..  
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:28:53 PM

Not bad Smiley
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:39:03 PM

Week 3 will be delayed until Thursday.

Since we started, nothing has changed when it comes to the manufactures in this industry, we just have gotten better at providing a buffer between them and our customers.

Just about every vendor is involved in this launch failed (miserably) to deliver on their commitments to us. If only people knew how much has happened behind the scenes to make things go as smoothly as they have. I have deployed just about every back up plan I had in place.

Want to know a fact? 90% of the time there is an issue that causes a delay (even hosting issue), is because of a vendor dropping the ball somewhere. It just appears it "kind of" works out, because we find some way of making it work. Obviously, our mistake is in choosing who we work with (among other things). But the pickings are slim.

Honestly, we are not used to this. I have never worked in and industry where someone was contractually obligated to deliver X (and paid for it) and did not deliver in every way imaginable.

Anyways, I am venting. At the end of the day, I know its our fault. And I own the hiccups in the delay. I just wanted to report it here before anyone else did.

So commence the flaming.
robmob

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 10:42:24 PM

Since we start, nothing has changed when it comes to the manufactures in this industry, we just have gotten better at providing a buffer between them and our customers.

Just about every vendor is involved in this launch failed (miserably) to deliver on their commitments to us. If only people knew how much has happened behind the scenes to make things go as smoothly as they have. I have deployed just about every back up plan I had in place.

Want to know a fact? 90% of the time there is an issue that causes a delay (even hosting issue), is because of a vendor dropping the ball somewhere. It just appears it "kind of" works out, because we find some way of making it work. Obviously, our mistake is in choosing who we work with (among other things). But the pickings are slim.

Honestly, we are not used to this. I have never worked in and industry where someone was contractually obligated to deliver X (and paid for it) and did not deliver in every way imaginable.

Anyways, I am venting. At the end of the day, I know its our fault. And I own the hiccups in the delay. I just wanted to report it here before anyone else did.

So commence the flaming.

I can only imagine the BS your dealing with, My hat goes off to you.

Crypto Currency Communityhttp://cryptoinfinity.com

Donate BTC:15YMgV1nb97bpRqBT7CEf6ryo37gqeeRpL
EasyME

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:59:49 PM

so when is prime coming ? is it going to help with these issues any ?
is there any plans to revert back to hosting Gridseed blades ?
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:59:59 PM

Since we start, nothing has changed when it comes to the manufactures in this industry, we just have gotten better at providing a buffer between them and our customers.

So commence the flaming.

I can only imagine the BS your dealing with, My hat goes off to you.

Bad hardware, late hardware, hardware with the wrong specs, hardware without working software, shipments to the wrong locations (despite dozens of confirmations), constant changing in deal structure, constant changing in pricing, companies that have no concern (whatsoever) for customers, pre-payment for gear that never ships (and because its international, we have no real legal recourse), agreements the get changed on a day to day basis, and so on

Thats the tip of the iceberg, and considered "normal"

Let me tell you a story: I was on the phone with the "top" CEOs a few manufactures, that I will not disclose, a few days ago. I was explaining my complete disappointment about the 50th time something was agreed on and did not happen. Do you know what I was told? That I am "too professional" for this industry and expected too much.

When I asked what they meant. I was told that this is the way this industry works, and I should be happy with things happening "close" to what was agreed. That this is an immature industry and everyone does "the best they can".

Ironically, when I responded by telling them that the money I pay them is not immature and looks pretty professional to me. No one had a response.

This is an average day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: