Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:22:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread  (Read 82227 times)
JennaK

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:26:10 AM

I'm really happy with GAW, especially Josh the CEO.. I've been well taken care of and their customer support is amazing.
Thanks again GAW and I'll continue to mine with your company for a very long time.
zowie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:08:47 AM

Why dont you post from your real account?
This is my real account. I have not felt the need to post here until now and am happy to lurk.

The reason I finally created an account and started posting is because of the attrocious customer service and outright lack of truth about my order coming from GAW. I am a strong supporter of companies that deserve it, and equally strong in letting others know when companies are behaving badly. Gaw, in my case, behaved extremely badly.

This has been a very interesting situation. We have called FedEx several times on your behalf and they claim that all that needs to be done is to have the duties and taxes paid. I have fulfilled your request to have a full refund issued. We have called fed ex and will have the package re routed to us. I am sincerely sorry the miscommunication on your order.
It's "very interesting" indeed. I got an original tracking number issued Monday August 4 after my order on August 1 and was told several times that the packages were in Canada waiting for me to pay for duty and taxes, yet Fedex themselves told me no, the packages hadn't been received and no duty or taxes were due because they weren't in Canada for Customs to inspect.

A second tracking number issued on Tuesday August 12 (after I'd been told several times that the Aug 4 tracking number was in Canada waiting for Customs payments). Again, after being told the packages were due to arrive Aug 13, and again being told that I needed to pay the duty and taxes to release them, Fedex still didn't have receipt of the shipment.

In both cases Fedex was able to tell me when I called and what we talked about. They had no records of any contact from the shipper other than Gaw electronically sending in the shipment details, which anyone with an online account can do. Fedex, as well as UPS and other couriers have an extremely robust tracking system to ensure that every one of their hundreds of thousands of packages are delivered to the right place at the right time. It's kind of odd that Gaw is telling me that Fedex is wrong, with two different tracking numbers. If the original order had been shipped and was waiting in customs for me, why then the second tracking number? And what happened to that original tracking number? Still sitting in the Fedex system, showing paperwork submitted and no parcels.

And as soon as I demanded that my order be cancelled and refunded, late that next day Fedex showed the packages were picked up in HATTIESBURG, MS (but the shipment papers were opened from a BLOOMFIELD, CT address). They eventually arrived at my destination where they were refused and returned to sender as after all the hassle I was not willing to take the chance of bad miners being received.

To their credit Gaw did refund my purchase without further issue.

It's equally "very interesting" that the thread I started on Reddit going through the details of this was deleted and my account there banned. Apparently the truth hurts.

Anyhow my rant is over. I've ordered from a different company and am quite happy to have received those units within 3 days of the order being placed. And through Fedex, that same Fedex that lost the Gaw shipment not once but twice...

This all could have been easily avoided had Gaw been open and truthful about the status of my shipment and the delays. I could have accepted the delays but all the deceit did it for me.

Hope you all have better experiences.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:46:34 AM

daaamnn

I just read pages from 37-41

I just hope they hold on long enough so I break even with my s3s hosted on ZenMiner  Undecided

Looking for a signature campaign.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:14:28 AM

It's equally "very interesting" that the thread I started on Reddit going through the details of this was deleted and my account there banned. Apparently the truth hurts.

They must be nuts to refund you after all the names you called them in public. I wouldn't.

Your deduction is hillarious. You were banned so you must have told the truth. LOL Maybe you simply violated the rules of posting?

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:30:23 PM

This is my real account. I have not felt the need to post here until now and am happy to lurk.

The reason I finally created an account and started posting is because of the attrocious customer service and outright lack of truth about my order coming from GAW. I am a strong supporter of companies that deserve it, and equally strong in letting others know when companies are behaving badly. Gaw, in my case, behaved extremely badly.

This has been a very interesting situation. We have called FedEx several times on your behalf and they claim that all that needs to be done is to have the duties and taxes paid. I have fulfilled your request to have a full refund issued. We have called fed ex and will have the package re routed to us. I am sincerely sorry the miscommunication on your order.
It's "very interesting" indeed. I got an original tracking number issued Monday August 4 after my order on August 1 and was told several times that the packages were in Canada waiting for me to pay for duty and taxes, yet Fedex themselves told me no, the packages hadn't been received and no duty or taxes were due because they weren't in Canada for Customs to inspect.

A second tracking number issued on Tuesday August 12 (after I'd been told several times that the Aug 4 tracking number was in Canada waiting for Customs payments). Again, after being told the packages were due to arrive Aug 13, and again being told that I needed to pay the duty and taxes to release them, Fedex still didn't have receipt of the shipment.

In both cases Fedex was able to tell me when I called and what we talked about. They had no records of any contact from the shipper other than Gaw electronically sending in the shipment details, which anyone with an online account can do. Fedex, as well as UPS and other couriers have an extremely robust tracking system to ensure that every one of their hundreds of thousands of packages are delivered to the right place at the right time. It's kind of odd that Gaw is telling me that Fedex is wrong, with two different tracking numbers. If the original order had been shipped and was waiting in customs for me, why then the second tracking number? And what happened to that original tracking number? Still sitting in the Fedex system, showing paperwork submitted and no parcels.

And as soon as I demanded that my order be cancelled and refunded, late that next day Fedex showed the packages were picked up in HATTIESBURG, MS (but the shipment papers were opened from a BLOOMFIELD, CT address). They eventually arrived at my destination where they were refused and returned to sender as after all the hassle I was not willing to take the chance of bad miners being received.

Anyhow my rant is over. I've ordered from a different company and am quite happy to have received those units within 3 days of the order being placed. And through Fedex, that same Fedex that lost the Gaw shipment not once but twice...

This all could have been easily avoided had Gaw been open and truthful about the status of my shipment and the delays. I could have accepted the delays but all the deceit did it for me.

Hope you all have better experiences.

Name:   zowie
Activity:   3
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   August 12, 2014, 07:02:16 PM

Hahahahah please god get those people out of the world of BTC Smiley
abdullahadam

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:23:43 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 01:15:39 AM by abdullahadam

I have a bit of a scathing review to post as well. 4 days now and no miners received for their cloud hosting.  Nobody responding to my tickets

I am waiting to see if they do something about it before I post the details

EDIT: Finally got a response.  Compensation given for downtime on hosted miners.  Problems all solved
Shattered

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:11:52 PM

I have a bit of a scathing review to post as well. 4 days now and no miners received for their cloud hosting.  Nobody responding to my tickets

Was your order in the new Hashlet program?
abdullahadam

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:20:23 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 01:13:58 AM by abdullahadam

I have a bit of a scathing review to post as well. 4 days now and no miners received for their cloud hosting.  Nobody responding to my tickets

Dont think so. it was from here
https://cloud.zenminer.com

ZenCloud I think.

The reason they gave me is I triggered their "fraud prevention" measures.    Ordered Friday.. but still not activated... what gives
Oh and the money was taken out of my credit card

Why did it trigger?  Because it was trying to charge me for shipping and their sales person told me to put my billing address as their datacenter address.
But once the money was gone, now Carlos Garza refuses to answer my sales ticket.

Also, I tried to escalate to Eric, he told me to email Amanda to process my orders.  

So the long and short of this... I have to chase them all over the place just to get my order activated.

I want a full refund now.  Enough of this nonsense

EDIT: They compensated me for lost time mining as promised.  I still think their customer service is a bit of a mess, but overall my miners are up and I have no complaints now
jekv2

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:24:04 PM

after releasing the gawminger email leaks.

Will gawminers deal with me?

I reregistered.
GAW_Amber

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:04:12 AM

daaamnn

I just read pages from 37-41

I just hope they hold on long enough so I break even with my s3s hosted on ZenMiner  Undecided

We plan on being here for the long haul Cheesy

Please reach out to me if you ever need assistance!

Amber
GAWMiners Community Relations Manager
GAW_Amber

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:10:00 AM

Dont think so. it was from here
https://cloud.zenminer.com

ZenCloud I think.

The reason they gave me is I triggered their "fraud prevention" measures.    Ordered Friday.. but still not activated... what gives
Oh and the money was taken out of my credit card

Why did it trigger?  Because it was trying to charge me for shipping and their sales person told me to put my billing address as their datacenter address.
But once the money was gone, now Carlos Garza refuses to answer my sales ticket.

Also, I tried to escalate to Eric, he told me to email Amanda to process my orders. 

So the long and short of this... I have to chase them all over the place just to get my order activated.

I want a full refund now.  Enough of this nonsense

I am sincerely sorry for the delay in communication. If our fraud prevention cancelled your order, it will also cancel and refund your payment automatically. It may take 24-48hrs to show up on your credit card, however that is not something we can control. If you would like to place another order we can definitely assist you with that. If not, I understand but your payment should reflect the cancellation. If you have further questions or concerns, I will be happy to help you via email amber@gawminers.com

Sincerely,
Amber
abdullahadam

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:40:48 AM

I finally got an update from Carlos in Sales (after 4 days!).  He promised me compensation for the missed mining time.
Also Eric was very quick to respond to my private message.

My other ticket seemed to not have any response now for 2 days.
VERDICT: Customer service is a bit of a mess. You have to be able to find the right person to talk to, in order to get help.  Or be patient.. Really patient. 

But i am very happy with the outcome
Thanks for fixing these issues. I look forward to working with GAW
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:43:46 AM

My experience was very much like this...
The miner was NEVER shipped and after 3 weeks I did a charge back.

I was consistently lied to by different people...
First my miner was "drop shipped from China"...
Then a week later they opened a FAKE Fedex Tracking Number...
And I was told repeatedly by different people that my miner had definitely been shipped.

Not so.

They open a FAKE Tracking Number by sending the info via web to Fedex...
But there is NO PICKUP so the miner never leaves GAW...
And when you call Fedex... the Fedex people are confused about WTF is going on.

Hope you all had a good laugh. F*ck off, assholes.

tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:53:39 PM

Just ordered Hashlets yesterday. So far very happy with the mining on zenpool. At current pace ROI in 60 days.
abdullahadam

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:00:13 PM

Just ordered Hashlets yesterday. So far very happy with the mining on zenpool. At current pace ROI in 60 days.

Aren't you nervous?  KNC Titan is supposed to come out in a month.  Their own vaultbreaker is coming out soon.

Why invest in scrypt now?
tom14cat14

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:07:18 PM

Aren't you nervous?  KNC Titan is supposed to come out in a month.  Their own vaultbreaker is coming out soon.

The people I know that have been buying from GAW have all stated if there is big market change GAW has always made it right for the customer. At current rate I am mining getting just over .06xx BTC a day. (Going in for surgery so will not be able to respond for day or two)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:59:29 PM

Congratulations GAW on accepting payments in LTC and Doge; it makes a lot on sense, for a company which depends on them for their products.

https://hashtalk.org/t/ltc-doge-payments-are-here/6949
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8963

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:47:37 PM

Did you order new or used miners? Hattiesburg is the location of their hosting facility, which is where you would expect used miners to ship from.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:48:30 PM

Soon is a relative term in crypto.
tom14cat14

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:41:15 AM

Soon is a relative term in crypto.

It is very low cost to keep them running. If I remember correctly it is like .08 USD a month per mh/s for maintenance cost. I would look kit up but still loaded with pain meds from my surgery. If you guys are interested in the pm me and I will tell you what I can about my experience with them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: