Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

https://soundcloud.com/guldencoin/koen-driving-home-for-the-weekend

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:39:32 PM

Thank you for posting Bram, this is the first of many to follow. Promoting Dutch DJ's through Guldencoin and vice versa. Sharing is caring Wink
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

I have to look back some pages for that.
Digibyte had issues with diff. spikes. After the fixxes and updates it runs smooth now.
We had some fights with boostpool.com  lying about his skimming and dumping.  now this pool is closed:)

Just saying,  The program to simulate algos v.s hashes is something very cool and NLG will get much attention for that!

1000% agree.  Simulator will be used by many, no doubt about that.  I suspect though that you will see it get forked and rewritten in C++.  Not knocking the move to GO, just predicting what will happen.  Hell, there's 100 different language ports of the BTC client.  People like the code the like, so don't be surprised if someone steals the thunder with a C++ or similar port and doesn't mention /GJ's groundbreaking work.

-Fuse
What is the break/even mining price of NLG?  Maybe placing the 2.8 btc buy order just under that( if it's not to low offcourse),Clevermining is all about profits,price to low,jump on another coin.
When the test program & algo adjustment  is done the price will pass 500 easy!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:54:14 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 07:46:09 PM by veertje

Thank you for posting Bram, this is the first of many to follow. Promoting Dutch DJ's through Guldencoin and vice versa. Sharing is caring Wink

Win-win. Nice project Buerra! iTunes, Soundcloud, iPhone. Sounds good  Cool
Frais

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:10:26 PM

Clevermining is all about profits,price to low,jump on another coin.

Clevermining is abusing the bugs in the algorithm, they're mining the easy blocks just because they can. I don't think they work with a break even for Guldencoin, they never stepped out in the last couple of months.

24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 07:30:37 PM

Clevermining is abusing the bugs in the algorithm, they're mining the easy blocks just because they can. I don't think they work with a break even for Guldencoin, they never stepped out in the last couple of months.

Miners connect with clevermining and they autodump nlg on the exchange so the price matters.
When the nlg's dont make enough btc for the miners they will jump to another coin/pool.

Lowering the price under break/even point.
Dedicated miners will get the easy blocks.Dedicated investors will get the cheap NLG. Untill the algo adjustment is done everybody is happy.

Maybe i'm wrong or clevermining only jumps in when the diff. Is low and get a few easy blocks.?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:44:32 PM

Miners connect with clevermining and they autodump nlg on the exchange so the price matters.
When the nlg's dont make enough btc for the miners they will jump to another coin/pool.

Dedicated miners will get the easy blocks.Dedicated investors will get the cheap NLG. Untill the algo adjustment is done everybody is happy.

Maybe i'm wrong or clevermining only jumps in when the diff. Is low and get a few easy blocks.?

bann clevermining ip?
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 07:44:47 PM

Good job guldencoin, a great coin and community. loving it  Cheesy

Welcome!  Smiley

hee thanks! bedankt!

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
Frais

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:47:23 PM

Clevermining jumps in when the difficulty is around 400, within a minute or two they mine between the 5 and 20 blocks and then leave again, multiple times each day. Only two minutes of hashing power needed for between 5000 and 20000 Guldencoins, my guess their break even point is very low or nonexistent. They are aware of the upcoming algorithm update and therefore I don't think we can scare them away anymore, we can only limit their power by putting a lot of hashing power against it.
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:48:04 PM

bann clevermining ip?

Have a few weeks patience and buy some cheap NLG, while it still can.  Wink
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:51:57 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 08:51:30 PM by veertje

Good job guldencoin, a great coin and community. loving it  Cheesy

Welcome!  Smiley

hee thanks! bedankt!

Guldencoin and Sendchat, maybe think of combining Sendchat with Guldencoin as well?
Talk to Rijk about it, if you are open for that. Both dutch, it will work for the dutch Sendchat with Guldencoin. Sendcoin and bitcoin for international Wink
That would be great!!
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 07:57:00 PM

Clevermining jumps in when the difficulty is around 400, within a minute or two they mine between the 5 and 20 blocks and then leave again, multiple times each day. Only two minutes of hashing power needed for between 5000 and 20000 Guldencoins, my guess their break even point is very low or nonexistent. They are aware of the upcoming algorithm update and therefore I don't think we can scare them away anymore, we can only limit their power by putting a lot of hashing power against it.

Hmm that sucks,
Well this is a great community.  rent some hashes together?

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:57:19 PM

Manipulating price isn't the answer.  We've been over this in the past numerous times.  Besides, clever is already doing that for us.  50% of the coins mined in a day get insta-sold.  Something like 40mil to date.

We're beating a dead horse here.  Hell, let's just move to a completely new system of mining.  We'll send out pieces of paper with an equation on it, and we'll hash by hand.  Of course, clever will probably just use OCR technology just to mess with us.

The answer is an algorithm change to something that increases difficulty faster than what DGW3 does currently.  A much faster reaction time so that clever only gets 1 or 2 blocks before the difficulty/price ratio isn't profitable anymore for them.  DIGI does this.  I personally want to see clever under 5%-10% of the total blocks mined in a day.

Hmm that sucks,
Well this is a great community.  rent some hashes together?

The problem with renting hashes is that we already have about 50% of the total network held by a handful of users who rent hashes to keep the chain moving.

Frais is right though, clever's break-even is minimal.  They can mine all they want and not worry about loses.  They'll just rape another coin to cover the cost.  It's a game to them.  One that is pushed further and further every time someone buys one of those idiotic hashlets.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 08:03:48 PM

Manipulating price isn't the answer.  We've been over this in the past numerous times.  Besides, clever is already doing that for us.  50% of the coins mined in a day get insta-sold.  Something like 40mil to date.

We're beating a dead horse here.  Hell, let's just move to a completely new system of mining.  We'll send out pieces of paper with an equation on it, and we'll hash by hand.  Of course, clever will probably just use OCR technology just to mess with us.

The answer is an algorithm change to something that increases difficulty faster than what DGW3 does currently.  A much faster reaction time so that clever only gets 1 or 2 blocks before the difficulty/price ratio isn't profitable anymore for them.  DIGI does this.  I personally want to see clever under 5%-10% of the total blocks mined in a day.

-Fuse
Indeed digishield retargets dificulty very fast and works great for digibyte and other coins.

Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:05:52 PM

@Bram we've been over banning IP's numerous times. It is not going to happen. Don't suggest it over and over again.

@24alttrade mining together is a good idea, I've written a tutorial on how to add some extra hashes towards NLG's network using Betarigs and the Criptoe mining pool - http://www.projectgulden.nl/237/hoe-mine-je-guldencoin/

@NeutraLTC welcome, join us on forum.guldencoin.com - much more going on there and better way to keep yourself involved and updated Wink We'd love to have you!

@Fuse if we can get clever only a chance to get 2-5 blocks a day with something like DIGI, I'm all for it. That saves A LOT of insta-selling and the market can respond a lot better to it.

In the meantime, enjoy and share our new tune while you're at it: https://soundcloud.com/guldencoin
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 08:43:00 PM

@Bram we've been over banning IP's numerous times. It is not going to happen. Don't suggest it over and over again.

@24alttrade mining together is a good idea, I've written a tutorial on how to add some extra hashes towards NLG's network using Betarigs and the Criptoe mining pool - http://www.projectgulden.nl/237/hoe-mine-je-guldencoin/

@NeutraLTC welcome, join us on forum.guldencoin.com - much more going on there and better way to keep yourself involved and updated Wink We'd love to have you!

@Fuse if we can get clever only a chance to get 2-5 blocks a day with something like DIGI, I'm all for it. That saves A LOT of insta-selling and the market can respond a lot better to it.

In the meantime, enjoy and share our new tune while you're at it: https://soundcloud.com/guldencoin

How long will it take to test and change the algo?

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:49:20 PM

My team has tested a version of DIGI that I modified to fit the longer block times.  It was a small scale testnet with a block explorer.  It worked well, and retargeted extremely fast.

/GJ has said though that he would like to see the DIGI algo ported to the sim to be tested.  I doubt the results would be any different though.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 08:56:37 PM

Good job guldencoin, a great coin and community. loving it  Cheesy

Welcome!  Smiley

hee thanks! bedankt!

Guldencoin and Sendchat, maybe think of combining Sendchat with Guldencoin as well?
Talk to Rijk about it, if you are open for that. Both dutch, it will work for the dutch Sendchat with Guldencoin. Sendcoin and bitcoin for international Wink
That would be great!!

Hey i'm talking to the team for the next couple of weeks. Will keep you posted.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:07:00 PM

My team has tested a version of DIGI that I modified to fit the longer block times.  It was a small scale testnet with a block explorer.  It worked well, and retargeted extremely fast.

/GJ has said though that he would like to see the DIGI algo ported to the sim to be tested.  I doubt the results would be any different though.

-Fuse

that's great to hear Fuse!
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:20:49 PM

Clever seems to jump in when the lower diff is too low (as we saw in Markanth's charts). How does this prevent from the diff getting too low?
What are the effects on the block gap when Clever leaves again after mining two blocks? Does that stay in the hours range, like it does now when there are not enough dedicated miners?
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: