Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:05:11 AM

Check out some more AMT advertising garbage...

https://www.coinpursuit.com/crypto-currency/advanced-mining-technology-amt.119/

Although AMT's website doesn't have user forums, there are videos that offer an overview of cryptocurrency and the mining method to the general public. For their customers, they go a step further: when you order a mining product from AMT, you are given a password that allows access to a host of manuals, tutorials and mining suggestions in their “Client Support” section. Further outreach is facilitated by their use of several types of social media, such as Facebook and Twitter

I've sent an email to the site to update their ad to say scam. But it may be helpful for other customers to send them info as well so that they know its not just my opinion.

There's an error in the copy:

There is some forum speculation that Lipkin may also be operating out of Bulgaria.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:22:22 AM

Sorry guys, AMT is gone. Call the office next door, they all moved out. Ran away with the money when the heat started to come down on them from the police.

Who did you speak to? Let's hope that not the case. Otherwise this will be an even bigger mess for us than it already is. Those with bad hardware and those with no hardware.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:33:13 PM

It's interesting but I see bitmine having alot of the same issues AMT has been having. Altho it seems less so. Refunds issues, delivery issues, all of the same. Like I said....seems like anything/anyone using A1's designs is having a ton of issues. Companies using other chips seem to be ok in terms of delivery. Something worth noting if you are looking for vendors. Just seeing a common thread here with the hardware is all. There is this race for a 28nm process, but at the same time with all the problems, it almost seems like the stable and already mature 55nm process or 40nm chips based solutions are better at this point to go with. They work they are stable....and most of all they are shipping and largely on time.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:42:32 PM

It's interesting but I see bitmine having alot of the same issues AMT has been having. Altho it seems less so. Refunds issues, delivery issues, all of the same. Like I said....seems like anything/anyone using A1's designs is having a ton of issues. Companies using other chips seem to be ok in terms of delivery. Something worth noting if you are looking for vendors. Just seeing a common thread here with the hardware is all. There is this race for a 28nm process, but at the same time with all the problems, it almost seems like the stable and already mature 55nm process or 40nm chips based solutions are better at this point to go with. They work they are stable....and most of all they are shipping and largely on time.
Realy Grin
My technobit boards A1 are working non stop. And same is happening to other A1 hex8/hex4 technobit clients
So do not speak bulshit please.
You can always asume that everyone has issues but facts are different Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:48:22 PM

Sorry guys, AMT is gone. Call the office next door, they all moved out. Ran away with the money when the heat started to come down on them from the police.
Poserkoto Zipkin will not be able to run forever. it is a matter of time for justice to come Grin
He will pay for his actions ......

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:51:35 PM

Poserkoto Zipkin will not be able to run forever. it is a matter of time for justice to come Grin

did i not read someone smashed up the windows? possibly he got evicted or ran to work from home due to the threat of violence seen as anyone could be waiting to break his legs.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:57:51 PM

did i not read someone smashed up the windows? possibly he got evicted or ran to work from home due to the threat of violence seen as anyone could be waiting to break his legs.

It's possible with enough crap happening to them as well it could have prompted that move. It would make sense they are careful about where they are going next. Well hopefully its just a new space and we see some communication about what is going on. Don't want to jump to conclusions on the say so of a neighbor who may or may not know what is going on. On the other hand we could check with AMT's lawyer about what is going on. Since they have a class action against them, they retained a lawyer and that would be a better resource to contact about what is going on. They will only tell us what they legally can under confidentiality agreements, but it might help clear some things up. That info should be in the case information for the class action.

opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:06:47 PM

Considering that they have people stalking them and threatening them, they do have the right to protect themselves from violence. If they really are concerned about people taking action against them it does not hurt to get a DVR based security system with cameras. That will at least insure that they catch whoever does something on video. Might stop all this nonsense altogether.

If they did cut and run, that's going to be a real bad situation for them. But just because a neighbor said they moved and then using that as an inference of them cutting and running is a gross assumption. But then again they are not here to defend themselves or respond to any of these things. So its a bit damning. Contacting their lawyer might be the best hope to get a factual representation of what is really happening. I am looking into seeing who their legal counsel is to see if we can get some REAL answers as to what is happening.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:25:47 PM

Realy Grin
My technobit boards A1 are working non stop. And same is happening to other A1 hex8/hex4 technobit clients
You can always asume that everyone has issues but facts are different Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Never tried designing a higher density packaged version of those stand-alone boards have ya?  Roll Eyes
Sure the A1 chips can run but making things run in a 1 board setting is entirely different than making a *system* of them work. ALL of the system builders are having the same issues simply because they had not planned on the chip being so off advertised spec when it was finally placed in their hands to do something with.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:28:20 PM

Realy Grin
Never tried designing a higher density packaged version of those stand-alone boards have ya?  Roll Eyes
Sure the A1 chips can run but making things run in a 1 board setting is entirely different than making a *system* of them work. ALL of the system builders are having the same issues simply because they had not planned on the chip being so off advertised spec when it was finally placed in their hands to do something with.

I don't recall the Dragon Systems having trouble?

The Technobit boards appear to work.  It may be worth the effort to remove the cointcraft A1 chips from those bad AMT boards and sending them over to Technobit to get a new system.   Drastic, but what other choice do we have?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:52:57 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 02:03:06 PM by opieum2

Realy Grin
Never tried designing a higher density packaged version of those stand-alone boards have ya?  Roll Eyes

The Technobit boards appear to work.  It may be worth the effort to remove the cointcraft A1 chips from those bad AMT boards and sending them over to Technobit to get a new system.   Drastic, but what other choice do we have?

a1 chips are they not made by innosilicon? bitmine uses those designs and resells to other groups (like AMT) and what appears to be a few others with similar problems. If I am in error then maybe its off. But my point is the few players out there like cointerra, hashfast and even bitmine are dealing with the same problems. Anyway it looks like its an individual design issue on a per company basis it seems. So I guess it could happen to anyone not well versed in the hardware side of things.

That said these other companies with no issues seem to be properly calibrating things to work optimally. And advertising it based on that performance and its gravy if its faster. Right now I have one hashing miner (because one is totally dead in the water now and I swapped out the sole working card to get a full working miner out of it). I am hoping I can somehow revive the other one as I know one card is beyond saving but the other ones might be possible to bring back with the right setup.

I feel the aggravation here others are feeling too, I just don't always wear it on my sleeve. I have been getting help from various community members, notably ISAWHIM, with my miner.

I wont go into more than that but I have some other things in the works that might make the dead miner come back to life. As those of you with hardware I too have a 6k brick as well. Fortunately I have another one that actually works. I count myself very lucky at this point. But would like some results too.

For my part I have been making good faith attempts to work with AMT to address my problems as I could also pass some of that knowledge over to those with similar issues.

I might do the whole technobit thing. That sounds like a viable option. Hopefully not an expensive one. Can you link it? Or PM it to me? I would be interested in going that route. Thanks for the potential solution and contribution Cheesy certain poserkos I won't name by name do nothing to contribute help its nice to have people who do contribute solutions Wink

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:10:51 PM

Realy Grin

The Technobit boards appear to work.  It may be worth the effort to remove the cointcraft A1 chips from those bad AMT boards and sending them over to Technobit to get a new system.   Drastic, but what other choice do we have?
The only 3 pictures I have of Dragons show an entirely different packaging design than AMT tried. Much like BitMine.ch the Dragons went straight for a full rack design right off the bat though it looks like the Dragons planned even that better 'specially PSU location.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:13:10 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 02:32:23 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

a1 chips are they not made by innosilicon? bitmine uses those designs and resells to other groups (like AMT) and what appears to be a few others with similar problems. If I am in error then maybe its off. But my point is the few players out there like cointerra, hashfast and even bitmine are dealing with the same problems. Anyway it looks like its an individual design issue on a per company basis it seems. So I guess it could happen to anyone not well versed in the hardware side of things.

That said these other companies with no issues seem to be properly calibrating things to work optimally. And advertising it based on that performance and its gravy if its faster. Right now I have one hashing miner (because one is totally dead in the water now and I swapped out the sole working card to get a full working miner out of it). I am hoping I can somehow revive the other one as I know one card is beyond saving but the other ones might be possible to bring back with the right setup.

I feel the aggravation here others are feeling too, I just don't always wear it on my sleeve. I have been getting help from various community members, notably ISAWHIM, with my miner.

I wont go into more than that but I have some other things in the works that might make the dead miner come back to life. As those of you with hardware I too have a 6k brick as well. Fortunately I have another one that actually works. I count myself very lucky at this point. But would like some results too.

For my part I have been making good faith attempts to work with AMT to address my problems as I could also pass some of that knowledge over to those with similar issues.

I might do the whole technobit thing. That sounds like a viable option. Hopefully not an expensive one. Can you link it? Or PM it to me? I would be interested in going that route. Thanks for the potential solution and contribution Cheesy certain poserkos I won't name by name do nothing to contribute help its nice to have people who do contribute solutions Wink
AFAIK the A1 was designed at the behest of Bitmine.ch by Innosilicon. At least in the past, Innosilicon is an OEM chip design house not a chip maker or OEM per-se. Chip production for all A1's is by Global Foundries. Now, who controls the A1 design/production now... unknown. BitMine? Innosilicon? If Innosilicon has any say in it then they have an agreement with BMch unlike any I have ever heard of in the semi biz. Possibly result of contract point failure penalties?

regtable69

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:20:17 PM

It's possible with enough crap happening to them as well it could have prompted that move. It would make sense they are careful about where they are going next. Well hopefully its just a new space and we see some communication about what is going on. Don't want to jump to conclusions on the say so of a neighbor who may or may not know what is going on. On the other hand we could check with AMT's lawyer about what is going on. Since they have a class action against them, they retained a lawyer and that would be a better resource to contact about what is going on. They will only tell us what they legally can under confidentiality agreements, but it might help clear some things up. That info should be in the case information for the class action.
a lawyer can answer yes/no so you have to be creative with questions. such as. where has amt gone? i cannot say. ok has amt left their business address at x and moved premesis. yes. are they still in trading? yes. and so on.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
regtable69

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:24:34 PM

anyone know of a guide to mine solo with the rigs? id like to try a lesser sha coin than mining on cex i hvae the wallets ready is it just the same as solo gup or eruptor mining. open wallet with allow ip 127.0.0.1 port 1234 and just point miner at the same?

mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:24:42 PM

Also check out the "Terminator A2" by Innosilicon. its for scrypt mining though...

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
griffin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:25:58 PM

any recommendation for newbie like me, i mean totally newbie  Huh
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:26:24 PM

Here is the assembly service for an 8 chip board,  209 EURO:

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=67&controller=product&id_lang=1

The owner (marto74 )  is in BTT.  So we can ask if we can send the AMT boards and they can 'mine' it for parts.

Please reach out to marto74  to see if he can accomodate this.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:27:37 PM

Also check out the "Terminator A2" by Innosilicon. its for scrypt mining though...

Looks promising, just like the KNC based litecoin miner.

However, I have been burned so badly with this mining business that I'm give up on this entire endeavor.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
regtable69

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:28:27 PM

any recommendation for newbie like me, i mean totally newbie  Huh
buy something in hand pay a premium for it like but in hand means ready to go. setup and working

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: