Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:50:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:35:40 PM

Since they deleted a post of mine quoting they're own words, I'll repost it again.

lol @ the fact that they are "taking care of the nicer customers first". Top notch business practice....

Sry we confused you with Loshia.

OMG I GOT A RESPONSE FROM AMT!!!

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:35:50 PM

Since they are sending me back the miner, I will have my technical guys look at it again. For some reason only half the boards work.  In order to make it easier on us, I will try to just ask for the parts I need if that is a possibility. The RasPi works, its just only half the boards work. Either its the cables or the backplane that was damaged in shipping.  I will just not worry about the case if I can get it to hash at 1.2Th/s with support. Thank You.

Okay, keep me us up to date with you return process.  I got a 48lb brick in my basement that needs to be sent out.   I don't want to have the trouble of it being shipped and being bounced around several times to a non-accepting location.

AMT.... what address is best place to send RMA equipment.  Is the FEDEX location the best?

Carlos,

Hold on to your miner for a bit and we'll let you in the near future of how to RMA it alright.
Chazaki

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:03:25 PM

AMT like I've said before, I'd be more than willing to withdraw my complaints and forfeit the class action suit if you would communicate to me truthfully and send me my miners and/or a refund ASAP.

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:13:28 PM

AMT like I've said before, I'd be more than willing to withdraw my complaints and forfeit the class action suit if you a would communicate to me truthfully and send me my miners and/or a refund ASAP.

And like we've said, we're working on a program and solution that will meet everyone's concerns and hopefully leave everyone satisfied. Our delays were not 100% our fault, Bitmine was delayed from the getco which also was not their fault, and then we have had several on going local manufacturing problems which we will soon address openly and truthfully. We know we've already lost in all this, but please believe us that everyone will be either be compensated or refunded in the end. And we're not asking anyone to forfeit the class action as part of this offering.  
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:15:16 PM

AMT_Miners - I called FEDEX and they said the package is still there, I cancelled the reverse send and if one of your employees can pick up the miner when they get in the office that would be great. FedEx said it should be available for pickup (at zip code 19154) for 4 more days.  Thank You.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:41:14 PM

AMT like I've said before, I'd be more than willing to withdraw my complaints and forfeit the class action suit if you a would communicate to me truthfully and send me my miners and/or a refund ASAP.

And like we've said, we're working on a program and solution that will meet everyone's concerns and hopefully leave everyone satisfied. Our delays were not 100% our fault, Bitmine was delayed from the getco which also was not their fault, and then we have had several on going local manufacturing problems which we will soon address openly and truthfully. We know we've already lost in all this, but please believe us that everyone will be either be compensated or refunded in the end. And we're not asking anyone to forfeit the class action as part of this offering.  
You broke my hart Grin
Who cares what fault is it Grin
As I said
It is just a matter of time a bodyguard army to be required. Grin
Zipkin are your pants turning brown yet? Grin
Make sure your body escrow are following you in toilet also
Shit happens you know Grin
Zipkin  is just poserko and that is all what he ever be  Grin Cheesy Grin

Loshia, whenever AMT tries to give the customers "something" you immediately say something to try to push them away from communicating. Why do you want us Customers to lose? You need to get off this thread as you are not respected here. We the customers can handle our own issues ourselves.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:44:55 PM

You broke my hart Grin
As I said

Loshia, whenever AMT tries to give the customers "something" you immediately say something to try to push them away from communicating. Why do you want us Customers to lose? You need to get off this thread as you are not respected here. We the customers can handle our own issues ourselves.

+1 to that

Chazaki

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:46:43 PM

Okay great. Thanks for the honest response. When will you have a solution in place? All I ask is that you keep me updated on what's going on, as it has been five months since I placed my order.

Also, how come you told me you would "try and ship tomorrow or friday" on April 9th, but you never updated me as to why you never ended up shipping them out? When will they be shipped out at this point? Would it be easier for you to send me a refund since you are having manufacturing issues?

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:52:49 PM

AMT like I've said before, I'd be more than willing to withdraw my complaints and forfeit the class action suit if you would communicate to me truthfully and send me my miners and/or a refund ASAP.

If you accept a refund from AMT, then obviously you can't claim damages from a class action lawsuit.  

Alternatively, if AMT refunds everyone then nobody can claim damages.

It is just that simple.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mrpark

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:42:18 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 08:17:37 PM by mrpark

AMT_Miners - my apologies for filing a complaint when my due date came and went. What if you or a family member ordered a car over the internet for $6,000 and you could not get answers from anyone one when the delivery date came? Honestly, I would like to know the exact steps you would take in order to resolve the situation?

I am doing my best to keep positive, and delete some of my older post. Thank You again for helping me out with my issue.

opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:48:00 PM

You broke my hart Grin
As I said

Right his pattern is consistent. But anyway now he has bowed out according to him. He can keep on trolling in the users thread. I think if it encourages AMT to post some more and we can all have a more reasonable discussion then so be it. I think its clear collectively the resources are here to keep things balanced on the consumer side. That being said its not a smart move to just go at them with a 10 ton hammer either. In the end it doesn't benefit us or them. So if there is a way we all come out of this winning that would be great. We just need to keep the discussion on track on getting regular updates and whatever other contributions can be made to make things work. Later this weekend I will upload the stock AMT image for the 1.2Ths miner. This will be useful for those needing it for reverting to stock for whatever reason.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:52:20 PM

You know you all could just put loshia on ignore, including AMT and everyone else just stop quoting him.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:54:11 PM

What I have been saying all this time. I did it a while ago. Sadly I picked up his last quote.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:57:56 PM

AMT,
         When are you going to provide us with an updated shipping schedule? You keep asking your customers to give you  break but you need to start showing some respect to us and give us some indication of when our late miners are shipping.
mrpark

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:59:47 AM

AMT_Miners - Did you have a chance to pick up the RMA'd 1.2T miner on Friday? If not Monday would be fine. Please let me know, Thank You.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:07:41 AM

It's nice to see that we are getting some communication for AMT.

It is encouraging even if I have a bit of pessimism and cynicism about the whole ordeal.

I do appreciate that AMT tried to make me whole by sending my miner when they did, though sadly the product didn't work as it was supposed to.
When I talked to Josh I could hear the frustration in his voice, though it didn't appear to be frustration with me as much as it was with the situation.

I didn't send my 3 non working boards for RMA yet. It looks like I should, according to the advice from AMT to other users, keep the three non-working boards in my possession.
This way they are able to take care of things and work on their compensation solution.

I am a bit dismayed that they are taking their frustrations out on customers who used methods well within their rights when no official responses were coming from the company.
That , to me at least, sounds childish and irresponsible as they pass the blame on to the customers.

Thats said they are absolutely right that issues within the supply chain are the most likely cause of the monumental clusterfuck that is this situation. But they had the candor to at least admit that they have lost at this point.

I wish them the best so that not only are my issues taken care of, as compensation in the from of upgrade or refund, but that all of their customers are made whole.

This may be a shit storm of katrina like proportions but we've all been weathering it together, and it is my hope that all off us stay afloat, even amt, so we can spring back as a more resilient community.

I'd like to thank opeium2 and ISAWHIM for all their help and technical knowledge that's been lended to this thread  and I hope we see this forum continue on with the honest discussion that they bring and welcome AMT to the discussion rather that taking a dump on them every time they play ground hog and pop their head out of their hole.

Also, I'm digging the design of the new board, you could certainly sign me up for that.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:18:43 AM

My other option is selling the miner AS IS on e-bay. I'd clearly state the issues as I'd not want to deceive anybody. I'll mention that there appears to be a voltage issue and that boards that are not being read are not dead so much as they are catatonic and this is not due the A1 chip itself but to the PBC and manufacturing process.

I'll pop a reserve on it for some where under the retail price of the A1 chips as there are 40 there on the bench just waiting for the coach to tell them to get up and play ball.

That way it's either a fixer uper for the adventurous types, or a salvage operation for the restoration types. I mean I'm sitting on one of the few released 1.2 model (kit version) that made it into the wild. Maybe someone wants to get a look at it.

I know that is the more immediate pay off route if anyone is looking to buy. But how knows maybe patience will turn out the virtue, so long as I don't have to wait until my PTSD/Anxiety and recently discovered heart defect team up to take me out prematurely.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2576

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:22:42 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 09:13:23 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

+1 & agree on all points there.
The shitstorm that hit Bitmine/AMT, BFL & others was the idea of pre-orders. They thought they understood the semiconductor product dev cycle and were wildly over optimistic about how long it really takes or what the results can be.

#1 rule: You/your investors pay 100% for the development through the 1st spin/batch. Not just give enough to the designers/foundries to get the ball rolling and then rely on pre-order sales of an entirely unproven-in-the real-world product to finance the rest of the process. Specific to the BTC mining chips, if you have institutional-sized folks interested then they need to cough up the R&D funds as that is what it is at that point.

Just how fast the first chips are actually ran depends largely on your relationship with the foundry. They have long-term commitments to meet and they come first. Period. Pretty sure that is part of the problem Bitmine/Innosilicon, BFL, and other ASIC makers have had with GF or other foundries. It is rarely 1-st come 1st served unless you have one huge wallet.

If you are very very lucky with all the planets in alignment the 1st spin will show promise as at least engineering samples. Probably even be salable to a point. Then and only then do you start the marketing ball rolling! Only then will you actually have an idea of real/possible performance vs just models. Sometimes ya win, most just kinda do and punt. Point is you now at least have a real product or at worst an idea of what is needed to refine the design.

Just my opinion from being part of the equipment design/supply side of the the biz for over 30 years... I've lived and breathed the entire cycles from *our* customers customers 1st asking "what can be done to make this..." to applying 6-sigma because they are now making 10's of millions of the chips a month.

That said, gotta be a market for the chips. Heck folks still sell ones for BFL's Jalapenos. But... until something from AMT shows up you need to hang onto them.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Dans

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:46:03 AM

I ordered 2 of the 1.2 Th boxes and 2 of the 3.2 Th boxes, my promised delivery dates have come and gone long ago and the ROI for these is probably gone at this point.

I just emailed them and asked for them to order me the equivalent Th worth of boxes from Cointerra (a box i know works, and is in stock for about 1/2 of what i paid AMT) and we will call it even.

I'm just hoping they make it right with their customers, this was just my way of asking for an out that seems like a no brainier to me.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2576

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:55:17 AM

^^ Gird thy loins and read through this thread from the start...

Just for the record, Order number?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: